Marijuana Party Leader Joins Liberals

Reverend Blair
Not when you keep talking about bank robberies.

Twila
Thanks for the article, Tibear.

But it doesn't say that robberies are commited by people needing another toke.

tibear
RB,

I think you will find that it was Twila who brought up the bank-robbing thing. Nice try.

tibear
Twila,

It doesn't talk about marijuana users specifically, but refers to "drug users' which of course includes marijuana users.

Reverend Blair
She brought it up in the negative, Tibear. You keep trying to muddy the issue enough to present it as a positive. You've used similar tactics in other threads and they didn't work there either.

Twila
What can I say except people don't rob banks for tokes.

tibear
Twila,RB,

Check this out, and from a marijuana site:
http://www.pot-times.com/may/three-s...nk-robbery.htm

Twila
It doesn't say why they robbed a bank.

zenfisher
Hmmm...let's review tibear

You expect that something must be done about these "pot smoking hippies" .Yet feel Walmart should be allowed to break established labour laws.

You think its a good idea to bring crack addicted babies into a world that will be prone to drug addiction from the get go. Then you want to deny them a non addictive drug that could help ease their angst.

There are more things on heaven and earth than are dreamt in your philosophy tibear....

tibear
Zen,

I appreciate the offer, for I don't think I need you putting words into my mouth.

Please show me where I say Walmart should be allowed to break the law. In the other thread, I simply pointed out that they have been ranked the 9th best employer in Canada. How did you get breaking laws from that???

Now your trying to say that I'm in favour of providing no support for drug dependant babies. Please back this up with proof from one of my posts.

Anyway, let's look at your philosophy, if a baby has a drug habit lets kill it. Yeah, that's a better philosophy. Should we do the same for anyone else that gets hooked on drugs??? Should we kill them all???

I can be just as stupid with my interpretations of your posts but what would that prove. Then we both look like idiots.

tibear
Twila,

The article certainly doesn't say explicitly that the three rob the bank for further their habit but it certainly implied that the fact that they were smoking marijuana was a factor in them actually robbing the bank.

Did you read what the judge had to say with regards to marijuana use: " Battey said marijuana users often argue that smoking marijuana does little harm.

"The people who believe that ought to be in this courtroom today and see what the use of marijuana has done to these three young men," Battey said."

I'm no expert but when it comes to crime, I would think that a judge would be as close to an expert as one could find.

His comments certainly don't look too good with regards to marijuana use and the effect that it has on people's lives.

As I said, I'm no expert but yield to the judge with regards to criminal behaviour and marijuana use.

tibear
Here are but a few websites that talk about long term issues with regards to marijuana:
http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/pot/f/mjkids_faq09.htm
http://www.pslgroup.com/dg/2D4A6.htm
http://alt.samhsa.gov/SAMHSA_news/Vo.../article12.htm
http://www.nida.nih.gov/MarijBroch/teenpg9-10.html
http://www.nida.nih.gov/MarijBroch/parentpg13-14N.html
http://studenthealth.oregonstate.edu...p?message=1062
http://www.intheknowzone.com/marijuana/lterm.htm
http://www.quebec.cancer.ca/ccs/inte...gId-en,00.html

You will notice that none of these are anti-drug sites but rather informational, government and even pro-marijuana sites.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila

Quote: Originally Posted by tibear

For all intensive purposes

It's actually for all intense AND purposes. Sorry. totally off topic and completely a non issue......

Actually Twila, it's "for all intents and purposes"...also off topic and a non-issue...

Oh yeah...and don't do drugs...

Twila
Quote:

but it certainly implied that the fact that they were smoking marijuana was a factor in them actually robbing the bank.

You can't imply a fact. It says no where in the article that they robbed the bank BECAUSE they were stoned. That is a leap. Maybe they needed reinforcement to rob the bank and so got stoned.

k, now I'm lost cause I have absolutely no idea what we're debating anymore.

With regards to judges. I refuse to accept their "expertise" on criminal behavoir. They're former lawyers. That says it all.

You might suprised just how many regular clients prostitutes have who are judges. Not that it has anybearing on this debate I'm sure.....

Can someone redirect me to what we're debating about. I'd love to blame my forgetfullness on the pot, but I haven't smoked any in a long time. All I can tell you is it's herring season.

zenfisher
Tibear

You are prolife...this would mean that drug addicted babies would have to brought into this world. Despite how much you wish this wouldn't happen its a fact. Perhaps "good idea" was not taken in the sarcastic vein as it was meant.

I believe at some point in the Walmart thread...you said that you shopped there. That would be supporting a company that is breaking a law. Yet in this thread you have claimed something must be done (page one) must be done about people breaking the drug laws. Do you see the contridiction?

You can call me as many names as you can think of tibear, I don't respond in kind. The fact is as "stupid" as my arguments may seem to you does not change the fact that you aren't proving them wrong.

tibear
Zen,

How am I suppose to know all of the "stuff" about every store that I shop in?

That's like saying that anyone that used Paul Bernardo as their accountant was in favour of raping and murdering young girls.

You can't say that someone supports the activities of a person or company when they are unaware of the activities.

When did I call you names??? I said that if we make gross interpretations of each others posts it makes us look like idiots. I didn't call you an idiot.

tibear
Twila, RB,

I guess the dope growers are now on the same level as pro-life extremists. From what I've read this guy wasn't a member of a biker group or part of organized crime.

As his father said, "I discovered marijuana under his bed when he was about 14 or 15 and called the police for them to find out where he'd got it and put a stop to that. But they didn't do anything. He was getting away easy, getting into more and more dope, it was getting worse and worse."

Sounds to me like marijuana ruined this kids life. At least according to his father. The guy had 7 siblings who were all happy and productive members of society so it couldn't have been his upbringing. The father attributes the problems to marijuana and other drugs that altered the man's thinking.

Your arguement is going to be that if it was legal none of this would have happened. BS Like the father said, his son was perfectly fine until he started doing marijuana and followed with other drugs. He began to hate the world. IT wasn't the legal status of the drugs that caused this it was the result of what the drug use did to the man.

Was the man nuts, absolutely. Solely from drug use, probably not. But his family seems to imply that the drugs started this man onto this dangerous path. His first drug and main drug of choice, marijuana.

Reverend Blair
Tibear, this guy's neighbour say that they stayed away from him because he was dangerous. He was making a living by not just illegally running a grow-op, but by selling stolen goods.

Now I realize that you've never knowingly dealt with somebody who smokes pot, but they aren't likely to be violent.

I'm not surprised this guy's father blames pot. They always blame something besides themselves. The fact remains that if growing pot was legal, this guy wouldn't have been doing it. The cops wouldn't have been there.

tibear
RB,

If it wasn't marijuana he was growing it would have been something else like a crystal meth lab.

Your as bad as the rapists who blame the victim for dressing to provocatively. He didn't have to kill the police did he?? Even though there may not be any "professional" advice, the people closest to him blame the drug use.

As for the father blaming the drugs, how do you explain the other 7 siblings NOT having any problems???

Quote:

Now I realize that you've never knowingly dealt with somebody who smokes pot, but they aren't likely to be violent.

I agree with you that most people that use drugs aren't like this guy. The exact same scenario with the pro-life people. Every group has a couple of whacko's and unfortunately, the entire pro-life movement has been branded with the "whacko" label whereas the druggies haven't.

Reverend Blair
Do we know that the other 7 siblings haven't had any problems? Did the 1 sibling who screwed up possibly have special needs as a kid that weren't met. What were those other drugs? Cocaine and speed are known to induce violent reactions in some people, pot has the opposite effect.

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition certainly doesn't agree with you. They are saying the same thing I am...that those cops died for nothing.

tibear
How many of the other 7 siblings have grow operations?? How many of the other siblings were feared by the townspeople??
How many of the other siblings were called "devil" by their father??

It seems that the father, he is the only one that has publicly spoken on the ordeal that I can find, attributes his behavior directly to his drug use and in particular, marijuana.

As for LEAP, your right. However, would you like me to post all of the various law organizations or health organizations that are against decriminilizing marijuana or any other current illegal drug??

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker

If I had a father like that I'd have shot me some cops too...

Twila
Are we talking about the guy who killed 4 RCMP officers?

Because if we are I can assure you that he didn't kill them because he wanted to smoke pot. He killed them because he wanted to keep the money he'd make or didn't want to have to explain where the pot went to those who put up the initial investment. So it's a crime about money not pot.

As nice as it would be to think that all officers of the law abide by the law I know for a fact that many become bitter over the criminal justice system.

In Victoria, at an infamous apartment complex on View St. the cops wait for certain vehicles (mercedes, bmw's, etc) to show up. After the vehicles leave the cops go in, remove the drugs from the small dealers without charging them. Why? Because when the guy in the mercedes comes to collect his money, and his employee doesn't have it and doesn't have the product and doesn't have a court date...............

tibear
Vanni,

And you call the religious right judgemental!!!

Do you know this man personally?? Do you even know his name???

Yes, yes make jokes. I'm sure the widows and orphans of the police officers think your very funny.

tibear
Twila,

No doubt you are partially correct in your assumption that he killed the officers to protect his "investment". However, the man's family has openly said that the man's demeanor changed completely when he began to do drugs. They specifically say that the first drug the man tried was marijuana and that they went to the police at the time and nothing was done because "A little dope can't hurt you." The family claims that from that time the man became more and more distant and more and more dangerous. They seem to attribute it to the drugs.

Without any "expert" testimony the only tangible evidence to go by is the people closest to him, his family.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

How many of the other 7 siblings have grow operations??

For all we know...all of them.

Quote:

How many of the other siblings were feared by the townspeople??

Could be the whole family. The neighbour I heard interviewed kind of glossed over the family.

Quote:

It could be every single one. Again, we don't know.

Quote:

As for LEAP, your right. However, would you like me to post all of the various law organizations or health organizations that are against decriminilizing marijuana or any other current illegal drug??

Leap has grown from six cops to over 2,000 cops, lawyers, judges, etc. in just two years. Law enforcement is beginning to understand that what we're doing isn't working. Keep in mind that the change will be slow. There is massive funding available because of the failed war on drugs, the police tend to be very conservative, corrupt cops make a lot of money from illegal drugs. We are seeing the beginnings of a major shift in attitude.

Vanni Fucci
Free Thinker

Vanni,

And you call the religious right judgemental!!!

Do you know this man personally?? Do you even know his name???

I don't have to know him personally to know his type...

I was alluding to the fact that this man most likely belonged to the religious right...

Ever notice how most grow-ops here in Manitoba are in the Bible-belt and run by children of devout Christians...ever wonder why that is???

tibear
Again, you must have a very difficult life, if everyone you meet is a criminal, every cop you meet is corrupt.

Try putting your feet up, smelling the flowers(OK none in Winnipeg yet). Stay away from the alcohol, drugs and cigarettes, you may find that your world may appear much clearer and the people much friendlier and kinder.

Save your Mrs Cleaver comment, I've already heard it.

Reverend Blair
Quote:

Again, you must have a very difficult life, if everyone you meet is a criminal, every cop you meet is corrupt.

Who said that? Besides you, I mean, tibear.

Quote:

Stay away from the alcohol, drugs and cigarettes, you may find that your world may appear much clearer and the people much friendlier and kinder.

Do I get one of those square hats with the buckle on it too? Hey, maybe we can burn a witch!

tibear
Vanni,

Quote:

I don't have to know him personally to know his type...

I was alluding to the fact that this man most likely belonged to the religious right...

Ever notice how most grow-ops here in Manitoba are in the Bible-belt and run by children of devout Christians...ever wonder why that is???

I see you judge people without evening knowing anything about them. Says alot about your character.

As for the grow-ops, from this web-site it says http://www.winnipeg.ca/police/press/...2005_02_08.htm that 44% of grow ops are related to asian gangs and the rest are private. The vast majority of the plants are from these asian gang grow-ops. From what I remember the other big grow-ops tend to be in the interlake, nowhere near the bible-belt. Remember the buried train cars??

This information is real easy to find on the internet. Perhaps you do some research BEFORE you make crazy accusations.