Alberta fighting its last pipeline battle

mentalfloss
Well duhhhh

Go get him Joe

Alberta could be fighting its last pipeline battle

Just when it looked like Premier Jason Kenney was running out of pipeline battles to fight, Joe Biden handed him a gift.

Last Monday, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's campaign announced that he would cancel Keystone XL's permit if elected in November. And while both Kenney and Energy Minister Sonya Savage have resisted the temptation to take a swipe at Biden, it's hard to imagine they'll keep pulling their punches.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5585389

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Been reported and discussed in another thread a week ago

Hoid
I wonder if Kenny has a $30 million war room to fight floods in Alberta Beach.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3
Since Trump is going to get reelected and the Conservatives will soon win a majority in Canada there will be no more reason to fight pipeline protesters. They will just be jailed or deported.

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Been reported and discussed in another thread a week ago

He's slooooooow.

Hoid
Biden winning or losing in 2020 is hardly the ballgame for Alberta.

Letting Canadian oil through Ameria for refining is not in the US national interest. Democrats will not let it happen and they will end it when they are in a position to do so.

nothing Trump has done is even remotely permanent, except maybe the shit stain he has smeared on that country.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Since Trump is going to get reelected and the Conservatives will soon win a majority in Canada there will be no more reason to fight pipeline protesters. They will just be jailed or deported.

Conservatives may not get a majority , especially if there are separatists running in the west .

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Well duhhhh

Go get him Joe

Alberta could be fighting its last pipeline battle

Just when it looked like Premier Jason Kenney was running out of pipeline battles to fight, Joe Biden handed him a gift.

Last Monday, the presumptive Democratic presidential nominee's campaign announced that he would cancel Keystone XL's permit if elected in November. And while both Kenney and Energy Minister Sonya Savage have resisted the temptation to take a swipe at Biden, it's hard to imagine they'll keep pulling their punches.

https://www.cbc.ca/amp/1.5585389

Why do you hate Canadian oil you f*cking asswipe?

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Because it comes from the west and Ontarieowe is not scooping all the profits.

Avro52

He cant afford it so he hates other who can.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Because it comes from the west and Ontarieowe is not scooping all the profits.

That's half the f*cking problem with this country. Too much regionalism bullshit. Keep in mind I'm also from Ontario and I'm full-on supportive of ALL of Canada's resource industry. Except in Quebec. They can go f*ck themselves.

Tecumsehsbones

That's half the f*cking problem with this country. Too much regionalism bullshit. Keep in mind I'm also from Ontario and I'm full-on supportive of ALL of Canada's resource industry. Except in Quebec. They can go f*ck themselves.

Yep, distaste for excessive regionalism is one of the reasons The West Wants Out.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Yep, distaste for excessive regionalism is one of the reasons The West Wants Out.

Here's how Canada works these days. Both the Quebec Premier and the Bloc leader have stated they will NOT support ANY fossil fuel projects in Alberta. And they were opposed to the Coastal Gas Link pipeline even though they were building more pipelines in their own province. That is until Warren Buffet and the several billion he was investing in the project, pulled out. The irony being that the reason he pulled out was because of all the protests over the Coastal Gas Link that the Quebec govt and the Bloc fully supported.

This country is being held-hostage by a province that is fully determined to shoot itself in the foot while biting the hand that feeds it. Official Bilingualism is probably the WORST thing that has happened to Canada.

Tecumsehsbones

Here's how Canada works these days. Both the Quebec Premier and the Bloc leader have stated they will NOT support ANY fossil fuel projects in Alberta.

Well, that certainly sounds all nice and transregional.
Quote:

This country is being held-hostage by a province that is fully determined to shoot itself in the foot while biting the hand that feeds it.

Gotta admit, that shows impressive coordination.

Quote:

Official Bilingualism is probably the WORST thing that has happened to Canada.

Yet strangely, other countries are officially bilingual (or more) and somehow manage to avoid this particular brand of idiocy. Switzerland. Ireland. The PRC. Which leads one to conclude that perhaps bilingualism isn't really the root of the problem.

Though if it is, I suppose you could outlaw French. Maybe send all the kids of Francophones to special boarding schools and beat them if they speak French.

I hear that's a pretty effective way to kill a language.

Hoid
The right is forever nuetered in Canada because the french deplorables and the english deplorables cannot stand each other.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The right is forever nuetered in Canada because the french deplorables and the english deplorables cannot stand each other.

That actually has a ring of rolling thunder to it. Always seemed to me the Bloc and the yippee-ki-yi-ay crowd had more in common than separating them. If only they could get over that "Frog scum/cochons anglaises" thing, they could get on to more important issues, like f*cking up women and non-white people.

petros
+2

As a "distinct society" it's our job to get out. Confederation was never intended to be permanent.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

As a "distinct society" it's our job to get out. Confederation was never intended to be permanent.

I'm all for it. The Aryan Republic should be a great home for the Klan types to emigrate to.

Maybe y'all should incorporate the Traitor's Cross into your new flag, just to let 'em know they're welcome.

Hoid

That actually has a ring of rolling thunder to it. Always seemed to me the Bloc and the yippee-ki-yi-ay crowd had more in common than separating them. If only they could get over that "Frog scum/cochons anglaises" thing, they could get on to more important issues, like f*cking up women and non-white people.

In my experience Quebec has as many hard core racists and bigots and right wing nutjobs as anywhere in Canada. They take a backseat to no one on that score.

While the french and english lefties work with and support each other the english and french righties cannot quite get together. Because they hate each other,

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

In my experience Quebec has as many hard core racists and bigots and right wing nutjobs as anywhere in Canada. They take a backseat to no one on that score.

While the french and english lefties work with and support each other the english and french righties cannot quite get together. Because they hate each other,

Bullshit!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

Bullshit!

Hard not to accept such a carefully-reasoned argument.

DaSleeper
Aren't you the condescending one

Tecumsehsbones

Aren't you the condescending one

You mean, do I look down on "Bullshit!"

Well, yeah. Kinda hard not to, seeing as how it tends to just lie there on the ground.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

Well, that certainly sounds all nice and transregional.

Doesn't it though? Do you get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?

Gotta admit, that shows impressive coordination.

And impressive cognitive dissonance.

Yet strangely, other countries are officially bilingual (or more) and somehow manage to avoid this particular brand of idiocy. Switzerland. Ireland. The PRC. Which leads one to conclude that perhaps bilingualism isn't really the root of the problem.

Though if it is, I suppose you could outlaw French. Maybe send all the kids of Francophones to special boarding schools and beat them if they speak French.

I hear that's a pretty effective way to kill a language.

The problem is Official Bilingualism puts Canada's power base more or less in Quebec at the expense of the rest of the country. What I mean by that is prior to Pierre Trudeau, of the 14 PMs Canada had, only 3 were from Quebec. The PMs came from all over the country. Since Pierre Trudeau, of the 8 PM's who actually sat as PM or weren't merely used as a sacrificial sheep, 6 of them have come from Quebec.

As a result we end up with PM's who provide massive incentives for the country's pharmaceutical industry to re-locate to Quebec. It's how we end up with a province that has a refining industry and a network of pipelines working hard to kill off Alberta's O&G industry. It's how we ended up with a province that thought they should somehow be compensated for the massive losses to Canada's East Coast fisheries. And on and on.

Tecumsehsbones

Doesn't it though? Do you get a warm, fuzzy feeling inside?
And impressive cognitive dissonance.
The problem is Official Bilingualism puts Canada's power base more or less in Quebec at the expense of the rest of the country. What I mean by that is prior to Pierre Trudeau, of the 14 PMs Canada had, only 3 were from Quebec. The PMs came from all over the country. Since Pierre Trudeau, of the 8 PM's who actually sat as PM or weren't merely used as a sacrificial sheep, 6 of them have come from Quebec.
As a result we end up with PM's who provide massive incentives for the country's pharmaceutical industry to re-locate to Quebec. It's how we end up with a province that has a refining industry and a network of pipelines working hard to kill off Alberta's O&G industry. It's how we ended up with a province that thought they should somehow be compensated for the massive losses to Canada's East Coast fisheries. And on and on.

Wow, sounds like you could use a PM from the West. Too bad you never had one.

DaSleeper
You missed Joe Clark

Tecumsehsbones

You missed Joe Clark

Damn!

I'll adjust my sights.

petros
+1

I'm all for it. The Aryan Republic should be a great home for the Klan types to emigrate to.
Maybe y'all should incorporate the Traitor's Cross into your new flag, just to let 'em know they're welcome.

What makes you think this is a white thing? Even Indians (paiute and slurpee) out here want it too.

It's okay if you are ignorant of a foreign nations regions, or people. I dont know the same things you dont know.

If youd like to experience it first hand, you are welcome to use the guest bedroom. Moccasin Flats is an eye opener to outsiders and who knows, you'll probably like it.

petros
+1

Wow, sounds like you could use a PM from the West. Too bad you never had one.

Diefenbaker.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Diefenbaker.

Gesundheit.