Grey Cup: Bombers vs Riders

View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
Bombers 2 16.67%
Riders 10 83.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Kreskin
Whouya rootin' fer?

Hazmart
Do I even need to put it in writing??
I have laced my shoes with green shoe laces, I have my green mitts and my riders hoodie!
I am so ready for Sunday!
GO RIDERS!

Toro
Does Winnipeg have a football team?

Kreskin
I don't know, they just hired some guy off the street to play QB.

Walter
Go Packers.

Kreskin
Are there no one from Winnipeg around here? I heard they got some internets recently.

lone wolf
Aarrrgh. Oh!

Woof!

mapleleafs67
Go Riders Woot !

Nuggler
Gotta love the Ottawa Rough Riders...........

go team go?

(they went)

Locutus
I'll be your token Bombers supporter then. Mock on!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

I'll be your token Bombers supporter then. Mock on!

Poor man.

Do you also admit to living in Winnipeg? LOL

Toro
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

Are there no one from Winnipeg around here? I heard they got some internets recently.

Hahahaha.

Stop kidding, Kreskin.

triedit
I married into the SK support system.

Since coming to Canada "football" has three meanings for me. None of which I particularly enjoy watching on Sunday afternoon.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Toro View Post

Hahahaha.

Stop kidding, Kreskin.

I heard that the internet is a good way to get on the net.

asagan
After seeing the pathetic lack of class of Riders fans on message boards following their victory over BC, there is no way I would ever support the Riders.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by asagan View Post

After seeing the pathetic lack of class of Riders fans on message boards following their victory over BC, there is no way I would ever support the Riders.

I went to the Sask BC game in September, and if it wasn't for my 6 year old daughter sitting beside me I would plowed the guy behind me in the mouth. I almost did anyway. What a dip**** that guy was.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Ran into some Lion fans today (I think they were Lion fans --- is DICKERSON a Lion?) when I was going for lunch. They were dressed in team colours (didn't look like Wpg and definatly was not Calgary, Toronto or SK) -- gold and something else -- with face paint and everything. I assumed they were Lion's fans since they looked like they were looking for trouble. My only guess is they booked non-refundable tickets hoping to see their team in the big game. Or they were just nuts.

Dexter Sinister
I root for the 'Riders of course, being a Saskatchewan resident, but in a fundamental sense it really doesn't matter, I just hope to see a really superlative football game. Given the rivalry between those two teams the odds are pretty good that we'll see some brilliant athletic work, and in a way I kind of regret that somebody has to lose that game. I remember the 'Riders last Grey Cup win over Hamilton in 1989 as a hugely entertaining game and I felt bad that Hamilton lost after playing so well and losing it right at the end. But somebody has to win and somebody has to lose, that's just the nature of athletic contests, but I hope everybody does well and the game is close and exciting.

IdRatherBeSkiing
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

I remember the 'Riders last Grey Cup win over Hamilton in 1989 as a hugely entertaining game and I felt bad that Hamilton lost after playing so well and losing it right at the end.

That was payback for 1972.

Kreskin
If memory serves me correct, Kent Austin was the QB. That was a helluva good game.

Kreskin
Congrats Riders.

Toro
YA-HOO!

triedit
It was an odd game. Aparantly defense will be taught next season.

Dexter Sinister
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

...I hope everybody does well and the game is close and exciting.

Couldn't have asked for more. A classic, a titanic, defensive struggle, and the 'Riders defense was just a little bit better, or luckier.

The most exciting games always involve the 'Riders.

Tonington
It was a good game. I can imagine my father and his friends cheering out west, watching on his big TV. Probably complaining about why CBC didn't film the fool who ran onto the field and got tackled by security. Glad the Riders won. I remember watching the last time they won with my Grandma. She was very pleased! I'll bet she is tonight as well.

Kreskin
Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

It was a good game. I can imagine my father and his friends cheering out west, watching on his big TV. Probably complaining about why CBC didn't film the fool who ran onto the field and got tackled by security. Glad the Riders won. I remember watching the last time they won with my Grandma. She was very pleased! I'll bet she is tonight as well.

It ticks me off that they won't show the idiots running on the field. The announcer gave us the play by play and the cameras allowed us to watch the players watching the idiot, but noooo..can't be seen by us. Lord knows it might inspire others and the world would come to an end.