Gun Control is Completely Useless.

petros
+1
Yoos crazy alfalfa.

tober
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Yoos crazy alfalfa.

Still stuck in name calling with no response on the substance?

petros
+1
I was sincere.

CDNBear
+1

i was sincere.

+100

tober

I was sincere.

To be interpreted as meaning that you are name calling instead of reading and replying to substance. There is no better way to acknowledge that you are ignorant of the topic. You would have been better off saying nothing.
Last edited by tober; Oct 18th, 2013 at 06:09 PM..

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by tober View Post

To be interpreted as meaning that you are name calling instead of reading and replying to substance.

There is very little, if any substance in your posts to reply to.

And any effort in replying to you with substance, is a waste of time.

Quote:

There is no better way to acknowledge that you are ignorant of the topic.

Not true at all. Just some of us know what you and your posts are worth...

Nothing much.

Quote:

You would have been better of saying nothing.

Sound advice you should follow.

Colpy
Conservative
Report: British Crime Rates Manipulated to Seem Lower Since Gun Ban

CDNBear
Gun control isn't that useless. It keeps people who post moronic comments like...

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

I'd shoot you in the kneecap too if you were trespassing and refused to leave! Then again I'd shoot you in the kneecap just for my amusement.

From actually owning firearms.

tober
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Report: British Crime Rates Manipulated to Seem Lower Since Gun Ban

From the report:
Authored by Dr. Paul Gallant, Dr. Joanne D. Eisen, Alan J. Chwick, and Sherry Gallant, and published at AmmoLand , the report shows that as recently as 2008 "one in three [Brits] had been a victim of crime, or knew someone who had been." Also in 2008, "nearly half [of survey respondents] knew of someone in their community who had been a victim in the last year."

How is such crime possible if banning guns produced the utopia CNN's Piers Morgan repeatedly describes?

“Published at Ammoland”? It’s home page says it is “Shooting Sports News” – follow the link. A gun magazine? Talk about a stacked deck. This isn’t a scholarly study, it’s a commercial gun mag article with an axe to grind. The question is hopelessly broad and loose-ended. It measured ‘all people who “knew” someone who had been a victim of crime?’ If one guy on an assembly line floor had someone run a key down the side of his car and the whole floor heard about it, 100% of the floor is effected by crime by that definition. Ditto if one secretary in an office had someone steal her cell phone, or one student at school had his bike stolen. Typical right wing gun manipulation. Reading this hyperbole makes me feel embarrassed being a shooter. It might be sufficient to preach to the choir with, but to be effective its got to be honest enough to convince members of the general public who have a modicum of intelligence. They don't want to be BS'd. Getting caught BS'ing does more harm than good and this article is crass it's so obvious. Of course if it is not intended to be taken seriously by ordinary honest people ...?

Missplaced
+2
Tober

Greetings! People's thought processes are consistently overwhelmed by emotion not reason. Any discussion about "guns" or "gun control" engenders first an emotional response and then perhaps but all too infrequently a more reasoned approach further along the dialogue. Rarely will you hear anything about these emotion-laden topics that doesn't arise from the emotionally clouded thinking of people seeking answers to why they feel so scared so impotent and so strongly about this or that...

Publications featuring articles and op-eds aimed at particular and specific target audiences will always appear biased, because they are! In most arguments reason doesn't stand a chance against emotion and this is the reality when conversations turn to politics, religion or any of the plethora of topical issues which elicit strong emotion. We should perhaps spend less time responding emotionally to the contents of some publication and adopt reason first. It won't matter how many facts are presented by whatever authority whether accepted as actually authoritative or not when our visceral responses are our starting position. People die when folk misuse automobiles kitchen knives and firearms, and we don't mature as a society or individually when we are stuck responding to the world around us from the scared child that lives within at the heart of personal insecurity.

tober
Quote: Originally Posted by Missplaced View Post

Tober

Greetings! People's thought processes are consistently overwhelmed by emotion not reason. Any discussion about "guns" or "gun control" engenders first an emotional response and then perhaps but all too infrequently a more reasoned approach further along the dialogue. Rarely will you hear anything about these emotion-laden topics that doesn't arise from the emotionally clouded thinking of people seeking answers to why they feel so scared so impotent and so strongly about this or that...

Publications featuring articles and op-eds aimed at particular and specific target audiences will always appear biased, because they are! In most arguments reason doesn't stand a chance against emotion and this is the reality when conversations turn to politics, religion or any of the plethora of topical issues which elicit strong emotion. We should perhaps spend less time responding emotionally to the contents of some publication and adopt reason first. It won't matter how many facts are presented by whatever authority whether accepted as actually authoritative or not when our visceral responses are our starting position. People die when folk misuse automobiles kitchen knives and firearms, and we don't mature as a society or individually when we are stuck responding to the world around us from the scared child that lives within at the heart of personal insecurity.

Much truth. I used to be opposed to all gun control until the day somebody asked how I could be opposed to gun control if I was not equally opposed to driving licenses. A little thought led me to conclude there was no logical answer.

Colpy
Conservative
+2
Texas Concealed Handgun License Murder Rates

Much truth. I used to be opposed to all gun control until the day somebody asked how I could be opposed to gun control if I was not equally opposed to driving licenses. A little thought led me to conclude there was no logical answer.

Is driving a constitutional right??

I am not opposed to licenses for either driving or firearms ownership, but the right to keep arms is limited in Canada.....not so in the USA.

petros
It's a good thing and a bad thing.

tober

Texas Concealed Handgun License Murder Rates
Is driving a constitutional right??

Some court decisions have held that in our highly industrialized society driving is too important not to be protected. As such it is protected under section 7 of the Charter, a right, " not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice." So yes, your driver's license is protected in that sense. Your right to own a gun? Thankfully no. We are not right wing fascist. We do not need more angry white males with concealed handguns on our streets.

I am not opposed to licenses for either driving or firearms ownership, but the right to keep arms is limited in Canada.....not so in the USA.

"Murder" rates are one of the cons perpetrated on the public by groups like the NRA. They don't count a person murdered unless there is a murder conviction. There are many reasons why many murders don't get counted: the murderer is never identified, police know who the murder is but don't have enough evidence, the murderer dies, the murderer goes to trial but is not convicted to name a few. Using statistics this way, a corpse found dead in an alley with his hands tied behind his back, his pockets turned inside out, his wallet stripped and a bullet through the back of his head is not a "murder" unless somebody is caught and convicted. Pure bullsh!t use of statistics designed to mislead the unsuspecting public.
WWWWWWWWWW

CDNBear

As such it is protected under section 7 of the Charter, a right, " not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice." So yes, your driver's license is protected in that sense.

LMAO!

Nice stretch. You can have your license yanked for all manner of reasons, 'fundamental justice', being just one.

Next thing you know, you'll be making a case for seniors who lose their license because they're no longer capable of driving, as age discrimination... lol.

A drivers license is not a right.

Colpy
Conservative

Some court decisions have held that in our highly industrialized society driving is too important not to be protected. As such it is protected under section 7 of the Charter, a right, " not to be deprived thereof except in accordance with the principles of fundamental justice." So yes, your driver's license is protected in that sense. Your right to own a gun? Thankfully no. We are not right wing fascist. We do not need more angry white males with concealed handguns on our streets.

Once again, you demonstrate your inability to read.

I said the right was limited here in Canada, not so in the United States.

Oh, and also your inability to think straight.............."fascists" do not allow an armed population.

Oh, and the idiotic Trudeaupian Charter only enshines methods of state refusal to recognize rights......it is worse than useless.

"Murder" rates are one of the cons perpetrated on the public by groups like the NRA. They don't count a person murdered unless there is a murder conviction. There are many reasons why many murders don't get counted: the murderer is never identified, police know who the murder is but don't have enough evidence, the murderer dies, the murderer goes to trial but is not convicted to name a few. Using statistics this way, a corpse found dead in an alley with his hands tied behind his back, his pockets turned inside out, his wallet stripped and a bullet through the back of his head is not a "murder" unless somebody is caught and convicted. Pure bullsh!t use of statistics designed to mislead the unsuspecting public.
WWWWWWWWWW

Actually, I did the math on some figures on murder supplied by Josh Sugarmann (google him, I'm not doing your work for you anymore), and those figures came out to a murder rate of 0.5 per 100,000 per year for all the CCW permit holders in the USA. That is one ninth the overall murder rate in the USA, and one third the rate in Canada.

Oh, and you are still an idiot.

Josh Sugarmann: Murders by Concealed Handgun Permit Holders: 52 Convictions or Suicides and Counting

There have been 175 murders by CCW holders in the USA between May 2007 and July 1, 2012.

Terrible.

But what he fails to tell you is that there are seven MILLION CCW holders in the USA.

Do the math.

That is 35 murders a year by CCW holders. Break it down.....

The murder rate committed by CCW holders is 0.5 per 100,000 per year.

For comparison, the Canadian murder rate is 1.6 per 100,000 per year. Three TIMES that of US gun "nuts".

Colpy
Conservative
+1
Concealed Carry Permit Applications Skyrocket in Weld County, CO

Quote:

Cooke said he has been "hiring more staff just to [just] to accommodate the influx of [concealed carry permit] requests," but he does not mind: "My philosophy is the (2003 Concealed Carry Act) was passed so more people can get concealed weapon permits, and we're trying to do everything possible to be sure they can."

sigh

Tecumsehsbones

Concealed Carry Permit Applications Skyrocket in Weld County, CO

sigh

Was it good for you?

Colpy
Conservative
+1

They are bloody close to negatives of each other.......oh, and this is from the rabidly anti-gun United Nations Small Arms Survey.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Was it good for you?

Naw, I'm jealous..........

Colpy
Conservative
+1
http://www.theadvertiser.com/article...me-shots-fired

CDNBear
+3
Lesson: Never **** with a tight, we organized and well armed family.

Colpy
Conservative
+2

DaSleeper
Gonzaga University students face expulsion from school for pulling gun on home intruder ...

Two Gonzaga University seniors are on the verge of being expelled after using a gun to defend themselves from a career criminal trying to break into their apartment.
Erik Fagan and Dan McIntosh, who both live in an off-campus near the school’s Spokane, OR., campus, were accosted last month by a man demanding money while standing in the door of their apartment.
Mr Fagan offered food and a blanket, but declined to give ex-con John Taylor any money, he told KHQ. Mr Taylor then tried to fight his way into the apartment but was scared off by Mr McIntosh’s hand gun.

Troubled duo: Erik Fagan (left) and Dan McIntosh (right) face expulsion for using a gun to ward off an intruder

Explaining that he only opened the door because he thought it was a friend who had left only a few minutes prior, Mr Fagan told the station ‘[Mr Taylor] just asked me for money.’
‘He just said I’m homeless, I’m looking for some money, can you help me out,’ Mr Fagan recalled.
Angered by not getting any money, Mr Taylor then tried pushing his way inside while telling the roommates he was just out of prison, but Mr McIntosh had other plans

Read More.....Gonzaga University students face expulsion from school for pulling gun on home intruder | Colorado Newsday

Colpy
Conservative
NewsDaily: Vigilantes seize town in western Mexico

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kngHAGOcPZ0

Colpy
Conservative
Jeff Jardine: Rural Oakdale family knew the drill when it came to defending against intruder | Local News | Modesto Bee

DaSleeper
For those who think this is a rare occurrence and it could never happen to them.....
I have been paying for motor vehicle insurance for 50+ years with not a single claim....does it mean I don't need insurance?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

For those who think this is a rare occurrence and it could never happen to them.....
I have been paying for motor vehicle insurance for 50+ years with not a single claim....does it mean I don't need insurance?

That's exactly what it means. You also don't need to register your car or have a driving license. Stand up for your freedom!

DaSleeper
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

That's exactly what it means. You also don't need to register your car or have a driving license. Stand up for your freedom!

I Sure hope you are just pretending......to be purposely obtuse that is.....

For the record you can drive an unregistered vehicle.....on your property.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by DaSleeper View Post

I Sure hope you are just pretending......to be purposely obtuse that is.....

For the record you can drive an unregistered vehicle.....on your property.

You can drive an unregistered vehicle anywhere. The whole registration/licensing thing is a big scam by the government to make money. Legally you can't be required to have a license or vehicle registration.

darkbeaver
Republican
bang bang bangbang bang bang bangbangbang