I Was Wondering. . .

Tecumsehsbones
+2
Exactly what combination of ancestry and attitudes should require one to "go back" to where their ancestors came from?

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
You tell me , how much white blood is mixed with your American Indian blood ?

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Exactly what combination of ancestry and attitudes should require one to "go back" to where their ancestors came from?

Your greek DNA

NOW GIT.

CHEROKEES SPOKE GREEK AND CAME FROM EAST MEDITERRANEAN

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Possum Creek Stone and Anomalous Cherokee DNA Point to Eastern Mediterranean Origins

Donald N. Yates
DNA Consultants

Keynote address for Ancient American History and Archeology Conference, Sandy, Utah, April 2, 2010
https://dnaconsultants.com/cherokees...mediterranean/

Well gee, the greeks basically INVENTED SLAVERY!!!!

Geneticist Traces Mysterious Origins of Native Americans to Middle East, Ancient Greece
https://www.theepochtimes.com/geneti...ce_831180.html

Old World Roots of the Cherokee: How DNA, Ancient Alphabets and Religion Explain the Origins of America's Largest Indian Nation
https://www.amazon.com/Old-World-Roo.../dp/0786469560

"Great Surprise"—Native Americans Have West Eurasian Origins
Oldest human genome reveals less of an East Asian ancestry than thought.
https://news.nationalgeographic.com/...eria-genetics/

“If you go up to about 1680 or 1690 there still, by that period, had been more enslaved Indians than enslaved Africans in the Americas.”
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...s_history.html

Imagine that, a cherokee who does not know his own tribal history, hmmmm...suspicious that is.
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 17th, 2019 at 08:13 AM..

Serryah
Free Thinker

I think it depends on who is saying it. I mean to some, nothing will be good enough and if you're not white, you need to leave now.

But if you're from Europe or another nation, to what combination do the Native American's think people should 'go back' to Europe or wherever? And which tribal beliefs trump all the others; do some tribes consider anyone who has any blood of the tribe, while others start to take notice the whiter someone is?

For me, for someone to 'go back' to where their ancestors come from, is a non-issue. Man has moved/traveled/lived all over the globe in one way or another and if we truly meant that, it'd mean we'd all go back to Africa which I'm sure many of them would be F-No!

Still, I think it's a good question, honestly.

Cliffy
Free Thinker
Imaginary lines on a map today do not represent where someone originated. For example, all indigenous peoples of the Americas are native Americans. Denying access to any of them to our imaginary countries, is denying their historical movement on the land. At some point or other in their history, some members of their tribes moved freely over the continent and should be considered as indigenous to every imaginary country on the continent. Same with Europe, Africa, Asia. The Americas were populated by travelers from every continent as well as peoples who were here all along. So saying people should go back to where they belong is just racism, pure and simple.

Hoid
Well we have Liz Warren's blood test results so we have a baseline for who is what.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Imaginary lines on a map today do not represent where someone originated. For example, all indigenous peoples of the Americas are native Americans. Denying access to any of them to our imaginary countries, is denying their historical movement on the land. At some point or other in their history, some members of their tribes moved freely over the continent and should be considered as indigenous to every imaginary country on the continent. Same with Europe, Africa, Asia. The Americas were populated by travelers from every continent as well as peoples who were here all along. So saying people should go back to where they belong is just racism, pure and simple.

I disagree with your last sentence. If you emigrate to the West and then spend your time whining about what a terrible place your new country is, go back to your old country that obviously sucked so bad you felt the need to leave, and fix the problems there and as Trump said, "Show us how it's done".
I mean if America is such a terrible, unjust nation, how come so many non-Americans wanna live there?

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I disagree with your last sentence. If you emigrate to the West and then spend your time whining about what a terrible place your new country is, go back to your old country that obviously sucked so bad you felt the need to leave, and fix the problems there and as Trump said, "Show us how it's done".
I mean if America is such a terrible, unjust nation, how come so many non-Americans wanna live there?

So, when Trump was saying in 2016 that the United States was not great and complaining about basically every aspect of it, he should have been expelled from the country?

MHz

I'm pretty sure if they made it over just one horizon that would be close enough in most cases. For you there is paperwork for a land location where your mom dropped you from the womb all by herself, and the coyote there but that is a different story, you twin can tell that one. . . . .

Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1

America is a continent that includes north, central and south America. The US of Aggression is not America. There are more European citizens over staying their visas in the US than from central and south America. Are they all fleeing shithole countries? I don't see ICE rounding them up. They are only rounding up brown skin people. What does that tell you?

Tecumsehsbones

Your point being that unless and until the U.S. becomes worse than, say, half the countries on earth, its people should be forbidden to criticize it?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Ancestry and attitudes are not relevant.......as by using those perimeters one is being prejudicial...........same with religion, race .

"go back to where one came from " is silly, and a cheap power play. When people at the top use this type of garbage language........it easily transfers to those who are like minded. It sets an example. Leaders of all kinds have a responsibility to use words wisely.........not carelessly as we see daily from the Oval office. How language is used .......determines the civility/sophistication of a culture and a nation.

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

Ancestry and attitudes are not relevant.......as by using those perimeters one is being prejudicial...........same with religion, race .
"go back to where one came from " is silly, and a cheap power play. When people at the top use this type of garbage language........it easily transfers to those who are like minded.

Yep, and when it was being hurled by imbecile rednecks, it was meaningless. But now it's being hurled by the Chief Magistrate of the most powerful country on the planet, and cheered by millions in that country, and for some unfathomable reason, in Canada.

I mean, how demented a racist do you have to be to get all giggly and ecstatic for racism in another country?

Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+1 / -1

Yep, and when it was being hurled by imbecile rednecks, it was meaningless. But now it's being hurled by the Chief Magistrate of the most powerful country on the planet, and cheered by millions in that country, and for some unfathomable reason, in Canada.

I mean, how demented a racist do you have to be to get all giggly and ecstatic for racism in another country?

VERY demented.......and sadly CDA has a number of those.

The only segment of the population......that "might" have the authority to say such a statement are the Native Americans.......they are the TRUE Americans.......but too many of them have been slaughtered off by the various nationalises that invaded them. The whole things is just too stupid ......but humanity is very slow to learn and adapt their crazy attitudes........into something that is logical, fair , reasonable.......etc. Humanity is still too stupid to realize the pigmentation is just that.....pigmentation.......and one set of genetic coding is not better than another.....just different...... as it should be. What is next?? prejudice about eye color?? The question is : why are some cultures so much more prone to being prejudicial?? Why is this more pronounced in some countries than others?? Then there are countries.....which are highly developed and civilized where this is a none issue.

In reality: WHAT IS THE REAL ISSUE ??? WHY are some so threatened by those with a different pigmentation?? Why do people hate".........They hate what they are afraid of. They hate because they have been conditioned to hate by their family unit and culture they live in. They hate what they don't understand or refuse to understand. They hate because it is what their group does......ie GROUP THINK>........

How about those to whom this is a none issue.?? as it should be......because any kind of prejudice based hatred is could be classified as a mental disorder. It is destructive ,......and SELF destructive. Hating is actually pathological.Prejudice is actually a form of delusion-as is any fixed "belief".
Last edited by Ocean Breeze; Jul 17th, 2019 at 04:58 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
+3
#15  Top Rated Post

The only segment of the population......that "might" have the authority to say such a statement are the Native Americans.......they are the TRUE Americans.......but too many of them have been slaughtered off by the various nationalises that invaded them.

Let me say this, just to you, not playing to the crowd or trying to draw a response. Whatever claim we may have to send the European-descended people away no longer exists. They've been here for over 500 years. Most Americans and Canadians have no connection with the countries their ancestors came from, except possibly some unreal, romanticized notions of what it's like to be Irish or Italian or French or whatever. Fair or not, whole countries of people sprang up and have persisted long enough that legally and culturally, these people have no home but here.

Yes, we were and still are treated like shit. Believe me, I know this far better, and in far more detail, personally and academically, than anybody else on this board. And I'll occasionally bitch about it just like people whose ancestors came from Ireland four or five generations ago bitched about The Troubles in Northern Ireland. But to saddle up one of my hobbyhorses, all attempts to "make it up to us" or "reserve places for us" have led to more discrimination, more poverty, more exclusion, and more isolation from the mainstreams of commerce and culture.

The way to "take care" of Indians is to end all special status, to end every single legal distinction. If we want to preserve our unique cultures, we can do it the way all the immigrant groups did. And if we want our "own land" that cannot be taken away, we can do it by working hard, getting educated, making money, getting rich, and BUYING land that the Shemanese cannot take from us without ripping up the entire legal basis of their own countries. And if "our" land was bought fair and square at market value, the racist bastards who hate us now would have no choice but to support us.

And for those who don't, well, I'll go with Caligula, "Let them hate, so long as they fear." If they fear our money, our power, our expertise, and our place within the system, they'll leave us alone.

Serryah
Free Thinker
+1

Let me say this, just to you, not playing to the crowd or trying to draw a response. Whatever claim we may have to send the European-descended people away no longer exists. They've been here for over 500 years. Most Americans and Canadians have no connection with the countries their ancestors came from, except possibly some unreal, romanticized notions of what it's like to be Irish or Italian or French or whatever. Fair or not, whole countries of people sprang up and have persisted long enough that legally and culturally, these people have no home but here.

Yes, we were and still are treated like shit. Believe me, I know this far better, and in far more detail, personally and academically, than anybody else on this board. And I'll occasionally bitch about it just like people whose ancestors came from Ireland four or five generations ago bitched about The Troubles in Northern Ireland. But to saddle up one of my hobbyhorses, all attempts to "make it up to us" or "reserve places for us" have led to more discrimination, more poverty, more exclusion, and more isolation from the mainstreams of commerce and culture.

The way to "take care" of Indians is to end all special status, to end every single legal distinction. If we want to preserve our unique cultures, we can do it the way all the immigrant groups did. And if we want our "own land" that cannot be taken away, we can do it by working hard, getting educated, making money, getting rich, and BUYING land that the Shemanese cannot take from us without ripping up the entire legal basis of their own countries. And if "our" land was bought fair and square at market value, the racist bastards who hate us now would have no choice but to support us.

And for those who don't, well, I'll go with Caligula, "Let them hate, so long as they fear." If they fear our money, our power, our expertise, and our place within the system, they'll leave us alone.

I wish more Native people thought this way, just saying...

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

You tell me , how much white blood is mixed with your American Indian blood ?

hey, pigs? Is there any Human mixed in with your obvious Pig?

Danbones
Free Thinker

Will george retract the silly question, or will he allow it to stand?

...to his eternal embarrassment.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

So, when Trump was saying in 2016 that the United States was not great and complaining about basically every aspect of it, he should have been expelled from the country?

Trump wasn't born in the US? News to me. Maybe try re-reading what I posted.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1

America is a continent that includes north, central and south America.

No, those are the America's, made of North America (Canada, USA and Mexico) Central America and South America. South America is not North America, neither is Central America. Geologically North and South America are distinct, separate continents.

The US of Aggression is not America. There are more European citizens over staying their visas in the US than from central and south America. Are they all fleeing shithole countries? I don't see ICE rounding them up. They are only rounding up brown skin people. What does that tell you?

It tells me it's amazing what you won't read in the Leftard Picayune.

In all around 295,000 immigrants were deported from the U.S. in fiscal 2017, down since 2016. Overall, the Obama administration deported about 3 million immigrants between 2009 and 2016, a significantly higher number than the 2 million immigrants deported by the Bush administration between 2001 and 2008. In 2017, the Trump administration deported 295,000 immigrants, the lowest total since 2006.

From Oct. 2, 2016 through June 24, 2017 more than 1,300 Europeans were removed, compared with 1,450 during all of federal fiscal year 2016 — the last under President Barack Obama. The agency didn’t provide estimates broken down by calendar year. The other thing is there's at least 11 million people living illegally in the US and Europeans account for around 440,000 of 'em. Chances of nailing an illegal who isn't European are statistically much higher.

For an idiot who claims to be a free and independent thinker, you sure do like vomiting out the leftard narrative.

pgs
Free Thinker

VERY demented.......and sadly CDA has a number of those.

The only segment of the population......that "might" have the authority to say such a statement are the Native Americans.......they are the TRUE Americans.......but too many of them have been slaughtered off by the various nationalises that invaded them. The whole things is just too stupid ......but humanity is very slow to learn and adapt their crazy attitudes........into something that is logical, fair , reasonable.......etc. Humanity is still too stupid to realize the pigmentation is just that.....pigmentation.......and one set of genetic coding is not better than another.....just different...... as it should be. What is next?? prejudice about eye color?? The question is : why are some cultures so much more prone to being prejudicial?? Why is this more pronounced in some countries than others?? Then there are countries.....which are highly developed and civilized where this is a none issue.

In reality: WHAT IS THE REAL ISSUE ??? WHY are some so threatened by those with a different pigmentation?? Why do people hate".........They hate what they are afraid of. They hate because they have been conditioned to hate by their family unit and culture they live in. They hate what they don't understand or refuse to understand. They hate because it is what their group does......ie GROUP THINK>........

How about those to whom this is a none issue.?? as it should be......because any kind of prejudice based hatred is could be classified as a mental disorder. It is destructive ,......and SELF destructive. Hating is actually pathological.Prejudice is actually a form of delusion-as is any fixed "belief".

For your information , according to the Dominion Bureau of Canada there were an estimated 25,661 natives in 1871 . By 1981 there were 73,670 . I am sure the number is higher today .

pgs
Free Thinker

For your information , according to the Dominion Bureau of Canada there were an estimated 25,661 natives in 1871 . By 1981 there were 73,670 . I am sure the number is higher today .

That is in B.C.

pgs
Free Thinker

In 1871 there were an estimated 36,247 total inhabitants in B.C.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1

In 1871 there were an estimated 36,247 total inhabitants in B.C.

White guys, right?

They didn't bother counting the natives, Chinamen etc. back then.

pgs
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

White guys, right?

They didn't bother counting the natives, Chinamen etc. back then.

8,576 British and continental European ( white ) 1,548 Asian 25,661 est. native .. The Dominion Bureau of Statistics provided these figures .

justlooking
+2

. For example, all indigenous peoples of the Americas are native Americans.

No they aren't. They did not spring from the magic soil.
They traveled, like the rest of us.

Some walked, some sailed, some flew.

So stop being so racist.

justlooking
+2

Oh look the butthurt whining racist is asking loaded questions about the 'one drop' rule.

What a racist he really is.

justlooking
+1

America is a continent that includes north, central and south America. The US of Aggression is not America. There are more European citizens over staying their visas in the US than from central and south America. Are they all fleeing shithole countries? I don't see ICE rounding them up. They are only rounding up brown skin people. What does that tell you?

That you are an utter moron.

justlooking
+2

I dunno, you seem to be pretty giggly in this place.

Dixie Cup
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I think it depends on who is saying it. I mean to some, nothing will be good enough and if you're not white, you need to leave now.

But if you're from Europe or another nation, to what combination do the Native American's think people should 'go back' to Europe or wherever? And which tribal beliefs trump all the others; do some tribes consider anyone who has any blood of the tribe, while others start to take notice the whiter someone is?

For me, for someone to 'go back' to where their ancestors come from, is a non-issue. Man has moved/traveled/lived all over the globe in one way or another and if we truly meant that, it'd mean we'd all go back to Africa which I'm sure many of them would be F-No!

Still, I think it's a good question, honestly.

I've said the exact same thing to people who don't like our country and they were "white" and that was before all this P.C. crap came into being.

Apparently, now-a-days, it's "vogue" to interpret more into what is said that what is meant by it. Admittedly, Trump's 1st tweet could have been stated better but he clarified it in a subsequent tweet by saying that if anyone doesn't like it here, they are (free) to leave and he's quite correct. Unfortunately, there are countries where citizens are NOT free to leave.

So, P.C'ers are freaking out that what he said was racist and I simply don't believe that's the case! Most Americans (and Canadians, unlike what Trudeau accused us of being) are not racist. It's simply a way to degrade people who don't agree with you and lets the real racists off the hook! Doesn't bode well for the future as the left are determined to divide the country under the pretext of defending the Constitution and Liberty of all Americans - ha! That's a joke!!

JMHO