World's Most Competitive Economies: Canada Falls To Lowest Spot Ever In Rankings

B00Mer
+3
World's Most Competitive Economies: Canada Falls To Lowest Spot Ever In Rankings

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/wo...yucwEc-UCi_Byz

Thank to Trudeau and the Liberals, More proof worst PM in the history of our great nation

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
captain morgan
+6
#2  Top Rated Post
Trudeau hasn't done anything to help this situation

Curious Cdn
Chinese wages ... Canadians have to settle for Chinese wages.

http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...m-middle-class

taxslave
+5
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Chinese wages ... Canadians have to settle for Chinese wages.
http://www.scmp.com/news/china/socie...m-middle-class

No we don't. All we have to do is remove the barriers to resourse developement. We could be exporting finished products instead of small amounts of raw ore and oil.

Walter
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

No we don't. All we have to do is remove the barriers to resourse developement. We could be exporting finished products instead of small amounts of raw ore and oil.

Remove the trade barriers between the provinces. Send AB oil to NB.

taxslave
+3
It would be nice if we could pipe it around Quebec. Let the losers walk.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

It would be nice if we could pipe it around Quebec. Let the losers walk.

The losers already get cheaper oil from other parts of the world. The losers are being forced to take more expensive Western Canadian oil.

Walter
+3

The losers already get cheaper oil from other parts of the world. The losers are being forced to take more expensive Western Canadian oil.

No proof.

petros
+6
In order to get investment in Canada, investors need to have confidence in Canada.

Currently there is no confidence in Team Trudeau.

Blackleaf
+3
It's not PC to be competitive.

captain morgan
+4

On the upside, no one can accuse you of letting the facts get in the way in you making an argument

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

In order to get investment in Canada, investors need to have confidence in Canada.

Currently there is no confidence in Team Trudeau.

No one is making any big investments in Canada due to the political risk of having tater tot at the helm.

Ya just never know how his flakey character will flip flop from day to day

taxslave
+3

In your mind maybe. What about the environmental cost of all those tankers packing blood oil halfway around the world?

captain morgan
+4
The additional cost of the tanker returning empty is piled onto the cost per bbl.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

The additional cost of the tanker returning empty is piled onto the cost per bbl.

We'll fill 'em full of maple syrup!

It's a lot more valuable than petroleum ... worth more than even bottled water!

captain morgan
+3
No doubt about that. Mind you, we'd need to plant the entire country with maples to stand a chance of balancing the budget

petros
+2
Grow maples indoors tricking them into thinking it's spring 4 times a years.

It would only take 1/4 the hectares and create year round employment.

captain morgan
+1
That is an extremely interesting idea

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

That is an extremely interesting idea

Hours of light and temperature control is all it takes.

Curious Cdn
You know that vampires eventually kill their victims?

This concept of a "renewable resource" has you all scratching your cowboy-hatted heads, out there.

Twin_Moose
+3

Not much cheaper than cost of production from Suncor Oilfield to Suncor Refinery in Montreal

petros
+3

This concept of a "renewable resource" has you all scratching your cowboy-hatted heads, out there.

You're really pushing for your yearbook pictures being posted aren't you?

B00Mer
+2
“SUNNY WAYS” and .1 of a percent growth reported by Stats Can Don’t you feel proud about This Liberal voters

Jinentonix
+2

Funny how burning plant matter is acceptable as a "renewable resource" but only if you call it bio-fuel. If I stoke my fireplace up I'm contributing to global warming, but if I refer to my fireplace as a bio-fuel facility, I'm nice and green.

MHz
I see the HQ for the World Banks have 6 countries listed, hardly worth mentioning right. The $50/bbl discount to the US for oil probably helps out low score except that has been going on a lot longer than 20 years.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

You're really pushing for your yearbook pictures being posted aren't you?

You sure did pick up where Dex left off when he ran away. You have that envy in you for a long time before he hightailed it?

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Funny how burning plant matter is acceptable as a "renewable resource" but only if you call it bio-fuel. If I stoke my fireplace up I'm contributing to global warming, but if I refer to my fireplace as a bio-fuel facility, I'm nice and green.

there are many restrictions on wood stoves in many jurisdictions.

Hoid
also what tf does competitive mean?

whatever they want it to mean

captain morgan
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

also what tf does competitive mean?

whatever they want it to mean

Would you say that $1.43 per liter of gas is competitive with $0.98 per liter?

.... That's kinda what it means

Hoid
it actually kinda isn't

Hoid
$1.63 us per liter in Singapore - world's most competitive economy.