Shameless U.S. liberalism/progressivism thread

Walter
The Nihilistic Dead End of the Religion of Leftism
https://spectator.org/the-nihilistic...on-of-leftism/

“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”

― G.K. Chesterton

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The Nihilistic Dead End of the Religion of Leftism
https://spectator.org/the-nihilistic...on-of-leftism/
“When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Was the Roman Empire great, Walter? Did it achieve great things and make vast strides in science, medicine, architecture, and governance? How about Periclean Athens, the birthplace of democracy?

Neither of them believed in your Great Big Invisible Sky Daddy.

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Was the Roman Empire great, Walter? Did it achieve great things and make vast strides in science, medicine, architecture, and governance? How about Periclean Athens, the birthplace of democracy?

No they believed in different gods for different things , but it came down invisible sky daddies. And a Roman emperor who made the Church of Jesus the state religion .

Cliffy
Free Thinker
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov

Cliffy
Free Thinker

pgs
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."
Isaac Asimov

Maybe you should have read Isaac’s message before trying to outrun a skidded .

The Left
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

The Roman Empire bad for Protestant we did not believe Christ because we did believe other thing many prefer politics, music, sports, atheism and too God especially Americans believe the Lord of Gods while Orthodox and too Catholic believe Christ those other Christians did trust Christ and he's prophet to God like Moses and Adam by me I start with atheism and no Gods to trust by.

The Left
Music like techno plus dance is my faithful and then did only liked Germany.

The Left
Currently doesn't liked specifique countries but have Army interests.