Tunisia: The Land of White natty Islamophobes.


Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/world...rnd/index.html


(CNN)Tunisia has banned people from wearing the niqab -- a full-face veil -- in public institutions, citing security concerns.

Prime Minister Youssef Chahed signed a government order Friday that prohibits anyone wearing a niqab, which covers everything but the eyes, from accessing public offices, according to official news agency TAP.

The rule, which takes effect immediately, applies to both staff and visitors.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#2
Does it cover auntiefap and government swat teams too?
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Does it cover auntiefap and government swat teams too?

Get many of them in public institutions do they?
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
#4
I think it's hilarious that the self-righteous, ALT-left extremist muslim apologists in here won't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.
 
MHz
#5
Do you what site you are on?? There hasn't been a Muslim here in the time I have been here,other than a plant here and there. Why would you think there are, let alone 'many'?? (the stench is the same as trolls emit, that stench is what is keeping Muslims from being on this site) The only radical Muslims are the ones raised or exposed to western propaganda and our low moral values.
Can I try that to see how may Jewish tards are here??
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/05/world...rnd/index.html


(CNN)Tunisia has banned people from wearing the niqab -- a full-face veil -- in public institutions, citing security concerns.

Prime Minister Youssef Chahed signed a government order Friday that prohibits anyone wearing a niqab, which covers everything but the eyes, from accessing public offices, according to official news agency TAP.

The rule, which takes effect immediately, applies to both staff and visitors.


If that's what they want for their laws, then good on em.


Not every country or city in the world has freedom OF religion.


And security concerns are legit reasons to have laws like this, IMO.


(But I support Muslims... so am I a righty or lefty on t his?)
 
Hoid
#7
try as I might I cannot understand how this proves that only white people face discrimination or that climate change is a hoax.
 
Blackleaf
#8
The British Government refuses to ban the burka, because it's racist to do so, apparently. Yet many Muslim countries ban it. Boris once said that Muslim women wearing the burka resemble letterboxes, but even he, more right-wing that he is, won't ban it when he becomes PM.
 
White_Unifier
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

The British Government refuses to ban the burka, because it's racist to do so, apparently. Yet many Muslim countries ban it. Boris once said that Muslim women wearing the burka resemble letterboxes, but even he, more right-wing that he is, won't ban it when he becomes PM.

I lean towards banning anything that covers most of the face without a valid reason.

That said,given the political sensitivities surrounding it, I wouldn't attempt it without broad consensus across religious communities. In other words, educate the public and make sure they clearly understand what your proposing before even attempting it.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

I think it's hilarious that the self-righteous, ALT-left extremist muslim apologists in here won't touch this thread with a ten foot pole.

You probably have a point here, but I'm not sure what it is.

Maybe it's your burning desire for Canada and the U.S. to be shining beacons of freedom like Tunisia?
 
Blackleaf
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I lean towards banning anything that covers most of the face without a valid reason.
That said,given the political sensitivities surrounding it, I wouldn't attempt it without broad consensus across religious communities. In other words, educate the public and make sure they clearly understand what your proposing before even attempting it.

Well that just sort of implies that the public are thick, so thick that they don't understand that banning the burka means banning the burka, and I don't like that. Especially after three years of middle class Remainers calling Leavers thick and ill-informed, when the opposite is true.
 
White_Unifier
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You probably have a point here, but I'm not sure what it is.
Maybe it's your burning desire for Canada and the U.S. to be shining beacons of freedom like Tunisia?

Interestingly, Tunisia bans polygamy on Qur'anic grounds:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poly...t_ban_polygyny

More precisely though, from what I'd read, it bans the contracting of s polygimous marriage, not the state of being in one, so the man could hypothetically cross the border into a country that allows it, contract a second marriage there, and then return to Tunesia to have it recognized. However, the default marriage contract in Tunisia includes a monogamy clause which thus gives the wife protection against polygamy in civil court so she could sue him if he crosses the border to contract the second marriage abroad.
 
White_Unifier
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Well that just sort of implies that the public are thick, so thick that they don't understand that banning the burka means banning the burka, and I don't like that. Especially after three years of middle class Remainers calling Leavers thick and ill-informed, when the opposite is true.

Yes, some are thick and so will confuse a hijab for a burqa. If the law doesn't mention the burqa but just bans covering most of the face, then in practical terms, the law would ban the burqa without confusing the public with a word they don't know the meaing of.

For good measure, you could mention that this would allow a chador because a chador doesn't cover the face. And yes, some might not know what a chador is either, so you might need to specify that it wouldn't affect hijabs either. For a visual, you might even need to present an image of a chador and one of a burqa next to each other so they can see the difference. You'll need to point out which is which and specify that this would apply only to government workers, and an exception could be made if a person wants to cover a facial scar for example (because you know they'll bring up exceptional cases).
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

I lean towards banning anything that covers most of the face without a valid reason.

Then I take it you'd favor banning. . .




Well, unless you consider "looking like a video-game badass" to be a valid reason.

Love the skull and crossed swords. When your police adopt the symbols of criminals, you may have a problem. . .
 
White_Unifier
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Then I take it you'd favor banning. . .

Well, unless you consider "looking like a video-game badass" to be a valid reason.
Love the skull and crossed swords. When your police adopt the symbols of criminals, you may have a problem. . .

Well, why would you dress like that at a government office?
 
Tecumsehsbones
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Well, why would you dress like that at a government office?

Because you're a pretend badass?

Hell, I don't know. I went into combat without half of that silly shit.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Interestingly, Tunisia bans polygamy on Qur'anic grounds:

Hardly surprising. Christianity isn't the only religion to use its Word o' Gawd to justify all manner of stupid shit.
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Hardly surprising. Christianity isn't the only religion to use its Word o' Gawd to justify all manner of stupid shit.


Huh.


Copic Christians used to use veils as well, though the practice is in decline.


Quote:

"Oriental Christianity
Coptic Orthodox Christian woman wearing a veil (191.


Coptic women historically covered their head and face in public and in the presence of men.[62] During the 19th century, upper-class urban Christian and Muslim women in Egypt wore a garment which included a head cover and a burqa (muslin cloth that covered the lower nose and the mouth).[63] The name of this garment, harabah, derives from early Christian and Judaic religious vocabulary, which may indicate the origins of the garment itself.[63] Unmarried women generally wore white veils while married women wore black.[62] The practice began to decline by the early 20th century.[62]"


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_headcovering
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Because you're a pretend badass?

Hell, I don't know. I went into combat without half of that silly shit.

Air Force ?
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Then I take it you'd favor banning. . .




Well, unless you consider "looking like a video-game badass" to be a valid reason.

Love the skull and crossed swords. When your police adopt the symbols of criminals, you may have a problem. . .

They only dress like that when they are dealing with indigenous people, cuz they are really badass and scare the crap out of Canadian police.
 
DaSleeper
#21
https://www.google.ca/search?source=...30.5vW75hG0hnI