The White House Now Says, Nope, You're Never Going To See Trump's Tax Returns

mentalfloss

Senior advisor to president Kellyanne Conway said Sunday that Donald Trump will now not release his tax returns after the completion of an IRS audit despite his repeated pledges to do so.

"The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns," Conway said on ABC's This Week to host George Stephanopoulos.

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care. They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: most Americans...are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like."

Conway's response came after Stephanopoulos cited a petition with over 200,000 signatures calling for the release of the president's tax returns, which he declined to do during the election.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari...Mle#.lnbZbp5Yj

gerryh
+1
and your point is?

Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
+2
What the fukk you think his point is stupid? He doesn't like Trump dummy.

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Noooo...really? He doesn't like Trump? Jeez, I would never have known.

and really Ron, you really need to ask?

mentalfloss

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Oh, well. He shouldn't be allowed to post, then.

Danbones
Free Thinker
...but if he stops posting how will we know what the truth isn't?

oh...right...
you will tell us

As with every sitting president, "his returns will be routinely audited as long as he is in office," Thorndike said. "Given his position during the campaign about releasing returns under audit, I don't think we should expect to see any public release during his presidency."
Trump's tax returns: Why he may never release them - Nov. 9, 2016
its only a 40 year old tradition, so that means Trump is in agreement with most presidents

you can start by setting a good example and you can post yours anytime mentaloss

EagleSmack
+1
Love it.... this just causes more pain among liberals.

justfred99
+1
One of the reasons that should be considered is that it is none of the USA's public's business what his income is. Let every citizen in the USA agree to publish their income records on line, then Trump would do so to. Just because some of the previous Presidents have done so, does not mean that everybody HAS to.
Write this down.

EagleSmack
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by justfred99 View Post

One of the reasons that should be considered is that it is none of the USA's public's business what his income is. Let every citizen in the USA agree to publish their income records on line, then Trump would do so to. Just because some of the previous Presidents have done so, does not mean that everybody HAS to.
Write this down.

Honestly, Americans don't care about his tax returns. Hillary screeched about it for months and it had ZERO effect.

Sons of Liberty
Doesn't matter what Trump says, he's an ego maniacal compulsive liar. Judge his actions I say.

mentalfloss
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Honestly, Americans don't care about his tax returns. Hillary screeched about it for months and it had ZERO effect.

Whitehouse.gov petition seeking Trump tax returns flies past 100,000 signature goal
https://www.google.ca/amp/s/techcrun...?client=safari

Danbones
Free Thinker
you go first
only a total hypocrit would expect it from someone else without being willing to do it themselves

mentalfloss
As soon as I become a candidate for president of the US.

Danbones
Free Thinker
nope
you don't get to make the rules
a hypocrite is a hypocrite

Curious Cdn
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

As soon as I become a candidate for president of the US.

Where were you born, again?

Danbones
Free Thinker
now that was a good attacks return

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

nope
you don't get to make the rules
a hypocrite is a hypocrite

Except there was nothing hypocritical about my statement, you just set up a false equivalence argument.

Danbones
Free Thinker
nope you are saying "do like I say, not like I do"
and you wonder at the lack of respect you get around here

Locutus
+2
a third of the population of mississauga cares.

not a very high priority item or news story.

not even a requirement.

besides, there's football on boy.

Danbones
Free Thinker
hey
that's a hillary majority!

davesmom
+2
What's the big deal about his tax returns? It isn't important to how he governs the country. Neither are any of the other things that people are saying about what he has said and done.
What he says now is not even that important; it's what he DOES that will count.
It's silly, people saying he should talk like all the other mealy-mouthed Presidents and politicians. If he says things that offends somebody, deal with it. He isn't in there to prevent hurt feelings.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+3
#23  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

What's the big deal about his tax returns? It isn't important to how he governs the country. Neither are any of the other things that people are saying about what he has said and done.
It's silly, people saying he should talk like all the other mealy-mouthed Presidents and politicians. If he says things that offends somebody, deal with it. He isn't in there to prevent hurt feelings.

Yeah, it's funny, it would probably take the average literate person several days to pore over Trump's taxes in order to get a full understanding of them. I get bored just taking 5 minutes to read over mine to check it before submitting. ACTUALLY I would bet I could pore over it for a day or two and still be clueless about his finances.
Last edited by JLM; Jan 22nd, 2017 at 10:49 PM..

Danbones
Free Thinker
I wonder how the Haitians feel about hillary's foundation's tax returns

"The Clinton Foundation’s $20 million off-the-books mystery

he inner workings of a mysterious off-the-books arm of the Clinton Foundation were partially revealed in the hacked emails of Hillary Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta.

The little-known Haiti Development Fund, an LLC incorporated in Delaware in August 2010, was created by the Clinton Foundation with an initial endowment of $20 million from shady Canadian mining mogul Frank Giustra and Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim.

The Fund was supposed to supply desperately needed seed money to Haitian entrepreneurs after an earthquake devastated the country in January 2010.

But The Post found only one project that it funded with a fraction of the start-up cash.

Since the Fund is incorporated as a private entity and not a non-profit, it is not subject to the same disclosure rules as a public charity.

And the Clinton Foundation never disclosed the Fund as a “related entity” on its tax filings as required by IRS rules. It was only after the Clinton Foundation, under mounting scrutiny and media pressure, “voluntarily” decided to refile five years’ worth of tax returns in 2015 that the Fund appears on the forms.

Modal Trigger
Carlos Slim (left) and Frank Giustra (right) pose with a farmer in El Salvador.Reuters
The for-profit Fund was managed by Jean Marc Villain, who was going through a bankruptcy in 2010 when he was working for the Clinton Foundation. The non-profit paid him an annual salary of $100,000 to oversee the Fund, according to pay records attached to the Podesta emails.

The Florida Elections Commission found that Villain also had violated state laws in 2001 when he did not file donation reports for the Haitian-American Political Caucus, a political committee where he was listed as treasurer.

“This cries out for an audit or an investigation,” said Ken Boehm, chairman of the National Legal and Policy Center a Virginia-based watchdog group. “Its director was in bankruptcy and there’s almost nothing in the public record showing what happened to the millions of dollars it supposedly was going to use to help poor Haitians.”

Giustra, one of the biggest donors to the Clinton Foundation, is also no stranger to controversy. In 2005, he and President Clinton traveled together to Kazakhstan to meet with the former Soviet republic’s authoritarian leader. Days after that meeting, Giustra acquired uranium assets in three of the country’s state-run mines — a venture valued at more than $3 billion. Both Giustra and Clinton have denied that the former US president helped him cement the Kazakh deal.

Modal Trigger
Jean Marc Villain
At least some of the Haiti Fund cash ended up with Haitian entrepreneurs. According to a Clinton Foundation press release, the Fund made its first investment of $415,000 in a group of artisans in the Caribbean country, in August 2011. That year, the Clinton Foundation’s tax filings show $307,000 going to the Fund.

But in that same year Villain had bigger projects in mind requiring more than $12 million, the emails show. In November 2011, he requested a meeting with Podesta, who was filling in as head of the Clinton Foundation.

“I planned to send notice to the [Investment] Committee to schedule a meeting to consider taking action on a pending transaction and the presentation of 8 investment opportunities … totalling $12.3 million with a potential of 2,775 prospective new jobs,” writes Villain in an email to Podesta’s secretary.

In a return email, Podesta said he would get Villain an answer the next day.

But it’s not clear from Clinton Foundation tax filings if the cash ever made it to Villain’s projects, or what those projects were.

Villain left the Clinton Foundation in 2013 and now works for a hospital in South Carolina, according to his LinkedIn page. He could not be reached for comment.

The Clinton Foundation did not return repeated requests for comment."
http://nypost.com/2016/11/05/the-cli...llion-mystery/

well well well...
looky here

EagleSmack
+2

Whitehouse.gov petition seeking Trump tax returns flies past 100,000 signature goal

Oh that's going to work. lol

Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

It's not a big deal and Americans don't care.

Locutus

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Oh that's going to work. lol

It's not a big deal and Americans don't care.

petros

Senior advisor to president Kellyanne Conway said Sunday that Donald Trump will now not release his tax returns after the completion of an IRS audit despite his repeated pledges to do so.

"The White House response is that he’s not going to release his tax returns," Conway said on ABC's This Week to host George Stephanopoulos.

"We litigated this all through the election. People didn’t care. They voted for him, and let me make this very clear: most Americans...are very focused on what their tax returns will look like while President Trump is in office, not what his look like."

Conway's response came after Stephanopoulos cited a petition with over 200,000 signatures calling for the release of the president's tax returns, which he declined to do during the election.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/talalansari...Mle#.lnbZbp5Yj

Do you know his income? If you know his income, you'll know what he pays in taxes.

mentalfloss
Pretend you're not stupid for a few posts.

petros
+2
Let's pretend your frontal lobe isn't a stain on an LRT. What is his personal income? Learn what it is. Download a tax program and figure it out ya useless meme.