Gov't will reimburse $15 for breakfast, $16 for lunch & $30 for dinner per refugee


Locutus
+1
#1


Government hotel bill for Syrian refugees expected to near $80 million by March


The federal government wants to book a swath of hotel rooms in Toronto and Montreal to accommodate the influx of Syrian refugees expected over the next several weeks.


Between now and March, Ottawa needs 300 rooms daily in each of the two cities to house about 600 refugees per night, according to a notice posted Friday on a government procurement website. Suppliers will also be expected to provide meals.


The length of stays will vary: some will leave the next morning, others will need “two or more nights.”


“As we gear up for more arrivals, we want to ensure that we have the necessary hotel rooms to accommodate,” said Nancy Chan, a spokeswoman for Citizenship and Immigration Canada.


more dafuq


Government hotel bill for Syrian refugees expected to near $80 million by March | National Post
 
AnnaG
+2
#2
Oh, well. It is done now. It is too late to be the Canadian version of Paul Revere and screech out, "The Syrians are coming!"

It is relegated to being ammo for the next election.
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#3
Where can I get one'o them hats! Ellen be praised
 
JamesBondo
+1 / -1
#4
I am looking into registering my house as a bed and breakfast. $100 per refugee per day sounds good to me.
 
eh1eh
#5
Really? That's absurd. It should be only $14, $15 and $29. Wow. They're trying to bankrupt us. Plus these stupid sand nigg... I mean refugees are probably trrrerists anyway so the don't even deserve $13, $14 and $28.
The audacity of some people.
 
Locutus
+3
#6


$61 a day to eat eh.

it's a shiny happy trudopia.
 
eh1eh
#7



lol. Those f@ckers will be working here and paying for your old age pension.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+2
#8
What I can't seem to get is why those that whine about the cost of caring for the refugees, didn't whine about the cost of making them.

ON TARGET: Canadian bombing mission against ISIS misfires | The Chronicle Herald
 
damngrumpy
No Party Affiliation
#9
What they are to sleep in tents of course it is going to cost money
Most Canadians actually approve of what the government is doing
 
eh1eh
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What I can't seem to get is why those that whine about the cost of caring for the refugees, didn't whine about the cost of making them.

ON TARGET: Canadian bombing mission against ISIS misfires | The Chronicle Herald



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc
 
Walter
+2 / -1
#11
Wish I was a refugee.
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Wish I was a refugee.

https://www.hackcanada.com/canadian/scams/aacanada.txt

http://www.immigrationwatchcanada.or...way-to-canada/
 
Locutus
+3
#13
>thinking $60 a day for food is ok.




 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jSyOuxbfpNY
 
JamesBondo
+1
#15
I don't know why you fiscal conservatives are so concerned about spending $61 per day on food, that is only $1830 per month per refugee. Even refugees deserve to eat well.
 
Locutus
+3
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by JamesBondo View Post

I don't know why you fiscal conservatives are so concerned about spending $61 per day on food, that is only $1830 per month per refugee. Even refugees deserve to eat well.


you spelled sarcasm wrong.
 
personal touch
Bloc Québécois
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jne9t8sHpUc

thanks for the smile and the memory.
 
Frankiedoodle
-1
#18
I am normally a very generous, giving person. However I have had enough about Canadians being such a giving, loving people who would give a penguin the shirts off their backs, whether they needed it or not. I don't know what the temperature is where you live, but where I live it is supposed to get below -20 Thursday night. That means that the people who have no where to live, still have no where to live. I saw a clip on CTV where these refugees were being taught to knit. Give them a couple of bucks and go to Dollarama. I think this whole refugee thing is going to explode in our faces. God bless Trudeau and the people who made the decision for us to show how to help others while forgetting those who are living in your back.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
#19
That would be living pretty "high on the hog" here in Vernon, as one who frequents restaurants quite a bit, I could do quite well on $8, $12 and $15.
 
MHz
#20
Perhaps it is the hotels who set the prices rather than the incoming refugees. I'll bet the hotels in question see this as a big win for themselves and they should.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#21
How much did we pay to make them refugees again?
I would have though a good tourist board add campaign would have been far cheaper and much more effective
gotta keep the occupancy rates up in off seasons and all

and for the price one could feed a damn familly
of 16
well
 
personal touch
Bloc Québécois
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Frankiedoodle View Post

I am normally a very generous, giving person. However I have had enough about Canadians being such a giving, loving people who would give a penguin the shirts off their backs, whether they needed it or not. I don't know what the temperature is where you live, but where I live it is supposed to get below -20 Thursday night. That means that the people who have no where to live, still have no where to live. I saw a clip on CTV where these refugees were being taught to knit. Give them a couple of bucks and go to Dollarama. I think this whole refugee thing is going to explode in our faces. God bless Trudeau and the people who made the decision for us to show how to help others while forgetting those who are living in your back.

i think you are getting too worked up,you should try not to think so hard about things you have no control over.
your health,mental and physcial is at issure here,we would not want to lose one of our precious forum contributers like you frankie,
its time, there's no better time then now to turn off your t.v and either do nothing or get off that couch and start giving back,as your advisor or if i was,I would say you need to start getting off your couch,for your health.
you are sounding exhausted!

Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

That would be living pretty "high on the hog" here in Vernon, as one who frequents restaurants quite a bit, I could do quite well on $8, $12 and $15.

i would take the cash and buy myself a hotplate!
 
VanIsle
+2 / -1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

What they are to sleep in tents of course it is going to cost money
Most Canadians actually approve of what the government is doing

You might be surprized at how many are totally against the whole process.

$15, 16 & 30! We have never spent $15.00 for two of us for breakfast out. Not ever. Lunch out runs about $20 - 25 total for two of us. Probably lots of you think nothing of $30.00 for dinner. We're on a fixed income. We do not order $30.00 each dinners out. Do we spend fifty to sixty at dinner out? Sometimes we do. Hubby likes a beer or two and/or sometimes we order dessert. One dessert. This food allotment is obscene.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by personal touch View Post

i would take the cash and buy myself a hotplate!

It would be much healthier for sure!
 
petros
#25
Are they at least getting air miles, or Wyndham Rewards or something/ anything for all this crap?
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

What they are to sleep in tents of course it is going to cost money
Most Canadians actually approve of what the government is doing

Sure doesn't make it right. Restaurants are generally the most unhealthy place to eat, but at one of the most healthy (Subway) one can eat well for about 1/3 of that allotment.
 
petros
-1
#27
Feed them beans.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Feed them beans.

No, just feed them the same as average Canadians eat and any normal human being deserves to be fed...........................an adequate and healthy diet.

Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

You might be surprized at how many are totally against the whole process.

I certainly was at first and still am to a much lesser degree. These people deserve a little compassion from the richest country in the world, as many of these cases are worse than our own worse cases. I think there is room for compromise.............spend half of what they are allotting on the refugees and spend the other half improving the lot of our own worse cases. To help subsidize the situation bring in some professionals in whatever fields we have a shortage so they can go to work immediately and start contributing some badly needed tax money.
 
mentalfloss
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

What I can't seem to get is why those that whine about the cost of caring for the refugees, didn't whine about the cost of making them.

ON TARGET: Canadian bombing mission against ISIS misfires | The Chronicle Herald

Paying millions to feed people bad.

Paying billions to drop bombs on them good.

 
petros
+1 / -1
#30
Feeding people to get votes - bad.

Opening mouth before thinking to get votes - bad

Open yap, stop bombing raids to get votes and look like a chickenhawk - bad.