Is the Trudeau facade starting to crumble?


Locutus
+1
#1
Succinct.


"But he's no more of a statesman than Ben Mulroney - another son of privilege who had the good sense to go into a field of work that suits his talents.





It's been a rough week for Justin Trudeau.

After positioning himself as Prime Minister-in-waiting through the combination of his pedigree and estimable charm and traditional voter fatigue with a multiple-term sitting government, Trudeau has floundered badly in his first real test of crisis leadership.

It started last Thursday with his jaw-droppingly ill-advised dick joke during a Liberal love-in called Canada 2020, where Trudeau trivialized the ISIS terror threat by mocking the Harper government for "trying to whip out our F-18s and show them how big they are." It wasn't the first time the Liberal leader saw fit to crack wise about a large scale human catastrophe. Last winter, he brought a television interview to a screeching halt when he made a hockey joke about looming civil war in Ukraine.

Justin Trudeau jokes about the crisis in Ukraine - YouTube

Between Trudeau's frat boy approach to foreign affairs and public opinion polls showing him to be badly out of touch with prevailing Canadian sentiment on the terror threat, the Liberal braintrust was sufficiently panicked to give Marc Garneau the lead role in yesterday's House of Commons debate on Canada's military mission against ISIS. Not only was Trudeau relegated to spectator status, he left the debate early to attend a speech by former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who used the occasion to endorse military action against marauding Islamic extremists.

Justin Trudeau is a decent, engaging fellow with the best of intentions, but we've seen more than enough of him to recognize that he's not prime ministerial. He's a celebrity who would make a terrific figurehead for a charitable organization or maybe even a useful ambassador or consul-general with a little bit of schooling in diplomatic decorum and politesse. But he's no more of a statesman than Ben Mulroney - another son of privilege who had the good sense to go into a field of work that suits his talents.

Bird Droppings: Is the Trudeau facade starting to crumble?
 
Retired_Can_Soldier
+4
#2  Top Rated Post
He looks and sounds like an inexperienced kid; which is what he is.
 
petros
+4
#3
Trudeau is the epitome of disrespectful Gen -X and Generation Y'rd with high expectations that have little grounding in reality.
 
Nuggler
#4
Can't vote for him.

He doesn't really want to be PM.

He's just ****ing around.

gotta be.
 
Colpy
Conservative
+4
#5
Quote:

Justin Trudeau is a decent, engaging fellow with the best of intentions, but we've seen more than enough of him to recognize that he's not prime ministerial. He's a celebrity who would make a terrific figurehead for a charitable organization or maybe even a useful ambassador or consul-general with a little bit of schooling in diplomatic decorum and politesse. But he's no more of a statesman than Ben Mulroney - another son of privilege who had the good sense to go into a field of work that suits his talents.

Actually, Justin has a wealth of talents well suited to the food service industry.

But for his name and wealth, he could be a barn-burner behind the counter at Burger King.

They might even let him wear the crown.

I am less and less worried that this ignorant man-child will ever be PM.

He is toast in 2015.

Four more years of Conservative rule.
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6
Time will tell. Personally, I think this whole ISIS thing is going to go sideways, and then Trudeau--well probably mostly Mulcair actually--will look like the smart ones.

Then again, maybe we'll have functioning democracies in Iraq and Syria by election time, and Harper will look like the smart one.
 
Kreskin
+2
#7
There is a facade?
 
petros
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

Time will tell. Personally, I think this whole ISIS thing is going to go sideways, and then Trudeau--well probably mostly Mulcair actually--will look like the smart ones.

Then again, maybe we'll have functioning democracies in Iraq and Syria by election time, and Harper will look like the smart one.

Sideways? How so?
 
Zipperfish
No Party Affiliation
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Sideways? How so?

What could possibly go wrong?
 
CDNBear
+3
#10
CBC says "Unfortunate comment", lmao!

Funny, a goof pretending to be a statesman, and a news agency pretending to be objective, all in one short clip.
 
DaSleeper
+1
#11
He has all the necessary attributes to make a hell of a used car salesman, the kind that would sell a clunker to his own mother!
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#12
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Zipperfish View Post

What could possibly go wrong?

Well Saudi, UAE and other were beating on Obama's door to support a group. Qatar has openly allowed fund rasining for Al Nusra( Al Qaeda), since scaled back by US pressure.
A number of Arab countries have recalled their diplomats from Qatar who gives the Muslim Brotherhood a place to stay, raise funds and such.

Iran is supporting Assad and with troops in Iraq at this time.
Turkey is waiting for Kobani to fall, then they may establish a safe zone inside Syria and move refugees there- changing the ethnic balance from majority Kurdish who will not meet Turkey demands to enter the civil war against Assad. And and area that supports the PKK.

Turkey for the past few years has been negotiating with the PKK, who will follow Abdullah Ocalan and what he states.

So fukal can go wrong only if we stay with air support, weapons to the Kurds, I am fine with that.
And watch Iraq split along religious lines. And I am fine with a new state, Kurdistan.

Let Saudi, Egypt, Turkey and others shed their blood in the sands.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post



Actually, Justin has a wealth of talents well suited to the food service industry.

But for his name and wealth, he could be a barn-burner behind the counter at Burger King.

They might even let him wear the crown.

I am less and less worried that this ignorant man-child will ever be PM.

He is toast in 2015.

Four more years of Conservative rule.

You have far too much faith in the Canadian electorate. I suspect he will mobilize the hipster vote who, instead of actually voting, usually stays in coffee shops using free wifi to tweet about how horrible the current government is to actually go out and cast a ballot based upon his good looks and charm.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

You have far too much faith in the Canadian electorate. I suspect he will mobilize the hipster vote who, instead of actually voting, usually stays in coffee shops using free wifi to tweet about how horrible the current government is to actually go out and cast a ballot based upon his good looks and charm.

My opinion- people are turning or ignoring these gaffes due to the high popularity and or personal respect they have for Harper.
 
CDNBear
+1
#16
It's a cult dude.

I already proved it to Flossy the other day. He wasn't happy.
 
Goober
Free Thinker
-1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

It's a cult dude.

I already proved it to Flossy the other day. He wasn't happy.

Harper's attitude of control is going to cost him.
 
CDNBear
#18
I think he's actually trolling the opposition, lulz
 
B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Harper's attitude of control is going to cost him.

So your solution is to let the hired help off the leash? It's called damage control, and keeping everyone inline and quite is a dam good start to making sure someone does not stick their finger in your soup.
 
tay
+2
#20
 
waldo
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

true dat! That Harper "we will not be intimidated" posturing certainly rings hollow balanced against that forever image of Harper hiding out in that closet/cupboard!
 
Walter
#22
What fašade?
 
waldo
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

What fašade?

good on ya Walter for disputing JT's "superficial appearance or illusion of something"
 
petros
+2
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by waldo View Post

good on ya Walter for disputing JT's "superficial appearance or illusion of something"

Your right JT doesn't need to hide behind a facade of intelligence.
 
#juan
No Party Affiliation
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

Succinct.


"But he's no more of a statesman than Ben Mulroney - another son of privilege who had the good sense to go into a field of work that suits his talents.





It's been a rough week for Justin Trudeau.

After positioning himself as Prime Minister-in-waiting through the combination of his pedigree and estimable charm and traditional voter fatigue with a multiple-term sitting government, Trudeau has floundered badly in his first real test of crisis leadership.

It started last Thursday with his jaw-droppingly ill-advised dick joke during a Liberal love-in called Canada 2020, where Trudeau trivialized the ISIS terror threat by mocking the Harper government for "trying to whip out our F-18s and show them how big they are." It wasn't the first time the Liberal leader saw fit to crack wise about a large scale human catastrophe. Last winter, he brought a television interview to a screeching halt when he made a hockey joke about looming civil war in Ukraine.

Justin Trudeau jokes about the crisis in Ukraine - YouTube

Between Trudeau's frat boy approach to foreign affairs and public opinion polls showing him to be badly out of touch with prevailing Canadian sentiment on the terror threat, the Liberal braintrust was sufficiently panicked to give Marc Garneau the lead role in yesterday's House of Commons debate on Canada's military mission against ISIS. Not only was Trudeau relegated to spectator status, he left the debate early to attend a speech by former US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, who used the occasion to endorse military action against marauding Islamic extremists.

Justin Trudeau is a decent, engaging fellow with the best of intentions, but we've seen more than enough of him to recognize that he's not prime ministerial. He's a celebrity who would make a terrific figurehead for a charitable organization or maybe even a useful ambassador or consul-general with a little bit of schooling in diplomatic decorum and politesse. But he's no more of a statesman than Ben Mulroney - another son of privilege who had the good sense to go into a field of work that suits his talents.

Bird Droppings: Is the Trudeau facade starting to crumble?



Nice car. He inherited it from his dad. That Mercedes is about 56 years old.. It sold as a new car for around $60,000.00.....It would probably sell for around $750,000.00 today

 

Similar Threads

5
Globalisation Facade
by dumpthemonarchy | Feb 15th, 2010
80
Iraqi Elections: The Facade
by Paranoid Dot Calm | Feb 2nd, 2005