Jobs for teenagers

jeice
What's a good job for teenagers around 16y/o? Other than Mcdonalds. North Vancouver Area. And also Fast paying job.

Chev
Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but unfortunately the only jobs I see for 16 year olds is fast food or retail.

Cliffy
Mowing lawns, shoveling snow, gas jockey, doing odd jobs on farms but for fast turn around, hooking and drug pushing (not recommended as they tend to end you up in court and/or jail: your cell mate might have a hankering for 16 year olds). You might have to actually work for you money but if that doesn't appeal to you, you might be stuck with Mickey D.

Liberalman
Restaurants, cleaning, hotel and hospitals are good sources for work.

Publish a part-time jobs directory and sell ads

Make crafts and sell it at special events

I hope this helps
Last edited by Liberalman; Dec 13th, 2009 at 07:00 AM..Reason: ....

countryboy
Quote: Originally Posted by jeice View Post

What's a good job for teenagers around 16y/o? Other than Mcdonalds. North Vancouver Area. And also Fast paying job.

What do you mean by "fast paying" job?

El Barto
my dishes , my housework !

Ron in Regina
Quote: Originally Posted by jeice View Post

Define: "Fast paying job" please.

#juan
My advice to a sixteen year old would be to finish high school and go to one of the colleges or BCIT. If you neen a student loan get one. Fast food jobs are minimum wage and the lead nowhere.

countryboy
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

My advice to a sixteen year old would be to finish high school and go to one of the colleges or BCIT. If you neen a student loan get one. Fast food jobs are minimum wage and the lead nowhere.

Ah, good point there. Are we talking part-time job while going to school or "career" job? And I'm still wondering what "fast paying" means?

Liberalman
fast paying means daily I think

karrie
babysitting, house cleaning, yard work, snow removal, retail (ie., Wal-Mart, clothing retail, etc.), I had a job at a library... great work.

Good luck.

AnnaG
The son of a local fellow here started repairing bicycles in the summer at a spot that had high tourist traffic. He did well and eventually moved his business to Kelowna where he seems to be thriving. I'm not sure if he branched out or something, but that was his start. Another one started landscaping. He also now owns a business and is still here hiring people and landscaping, gardenkepping, and doing yard maintenance.

Kakato
Sounds like someones kid quit school and needs a fast lesson in the joys of rent at moms.