Cultural Reform

Andem
Free Thinker
Shmad. To evenly phased Quebec into Canadian culture, french will be phased out.. Not made illegal. This is irrational.

Over a 7-10 year period, it will be an english speaking region.

Anonymous
and make sure andem and shmad ain´t living in canda then it will be a good country 2 live in

canada
All I have to say is that andem and shmad seem to be true patriots, can you really find anyone else who has more of a passion for making this country better and stopping American bullying once and for all? I didnt think so.

Anonymous
Just perform 'ethinc cleansing' that works fine

de-Gaules
Quote: Originally Posted by Andem

Shmad. To evenly phased Quebec into Canadian culture, french will be phased out.. Not made illegal. This is irrational.

Over a 7-10 year period, it will be an english speaking region.

Over 7-10 year period, Québec would have leave! I can't believe you think French speaking would have disapear in 7-10 years! It's so funny, we fight since 300 years, do you think we will stop to become Canadian?

And your project is just stupid : Exept for the flag they put every where as the Americans, there is no canadian culture. Well there is one, but it's very very very difficult to give exemple of it. If you can, please tell me. (Beaver and moose are not part of a culture. Always remember : Ophra, Stephen King, Jerry Springer, the Oscar and Bill Clinton are not canadians... )

We know a cool sentence in Québec about Canada, here it is : "Leading the world just being North of United State of America"
Don't you think it's funny? Hahahah...

Seriously,
the best for Canada is to separate:
BC= one country.
Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba= one country.
Ontario= One country.
Québec and New-Brunswick= one country.
Nova Scotia, PEI and NewFoundland=one country.
This is much more realistic than trying to built a fragile Canadian culture on great fondations like the french one.

We always have the f****** queen who I don't give a d*** on our bill. Why don't we become american instead of being attached to an old cow like the Queen? And when she wil die, what? we will put Prince Charles face on our bill?

military intelligence
If your going to be more realistic about country break downs it would most likely go like this:

Quebec - one country
All to the west - one country
All to the east - one country

Most likely West would be Western Canada (like it kinda already is) and east well Eastern Canada (like it already is anywho).

There'd be no major loss without Quebec, quebec would have a hard time making it on its own the rest of the country would still be able to function without Quebec easily.

Anonymous
To the people who wish to break up Canada, go take an economics course. Canada or parts of it would be swallowed up by America. Dont fool yourselves. Breaking Canada up would make some things easier for sure, but as the saying goes "nothing good comes easily".

All those that push seperating should be branded just what they are, TRAITORS, because Canada or its parts would no longer exist. Whats better: Canada with some problems, or being American?
Thats the choice we face. Its a new world out there and Canada without even a single province slips even farther into being a small fish in a pond of sharks.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!
(Can you tell this makes me mad?)

Anonymous
Would Ontario or BC not be able to exist by themselves? I surely believe Ontario would be a great country. However, Canada is greater!

czardogs
Quote: Originally Posted by Anonymous

To the people who wish to break up Canada, go take an economics course. Canada or parts of it would be swallowed up by America. Dont fool yourselves. Breaking Canada up would make some things easier for sure, but as the saying goes "nothing good comes easily".

All those that push seperating should be branded just what they are, TRAITORS, because Canada or its parts would no longer exist. Whats better: Canada with some problems, or being American?
Thats the choice we face. Its a new world out there and Canada without even a single province slips even farther into being a small fish in a pond of sharks.

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

this is my post but the board keeps logging me off!!

czardogs

Would Ontario or BC not be able to exist by themselves? I surely believe Ontario would be a great country. However, Canada is greater!

Yes they could, but for how long? Canada is already under threat of foreign ownership, but to split us up even more just makes the smaller "countries" easier targets. It will take every ounce of Canada intact to survive in the world of globalization.

Here is a statement from the chief U.S. trade negotiator Clayton Yeutter the day those boneheads in Ottawa gave away our freedom and future when they signed the Free Trade Agreement. "The Canadians dont understand what they have signed. In twenty years they will be sucked into the US economy."

Finally another quote, this time from a drunken patriot to make my point: "Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."
Sir Winston Churchill

de-Gaules

WAKE UP PEOPLE!!

You should say " I think..." before anyhing you say. You are not god.

I think breaking Canada up would be the better thing that never happened to this country. Canada is just to big and there is not enought people to fill it. We totally don't know each other and honnestly, did really we want to?

I'll speak for my kind by saying that Québec have a really fast growing economy and the most important, a direct trade market with Europe. I think Québec will easily survive to the rupture as Ontario and the West.

Shmad
Quote: Originally Posted by de-Gaules

You should say " I think..." before anyhing you say. You are not god.

I see nothing that he said that makes him sound like god. But who knows he might be. :P lol

I think breaking Canada up would be the better thing that never happened to this country. Canada is just to big and there is not enought people to fill it. We totally don't know each other and honnestly, did really we want to?

Yet another rambling from a pro-seperatist. Nothing good would come out of the immediate split of Quebec from Canada, it would be worse off on Quebec in the short term than it would on Canada. The Quebec deficit would raise as they too owe a large chunk of the entire Canadian deficit which they have no way of getting out of. And as for we dont totally know each other, etc etc. Does anyone really know someone well? Look at the US for example, does someone from Florida know someone in Texas very well? no. Yes our country IS spread out, why is that any reason to want to leave it.. tsk tsk

I'll speak for my kind by saying that Québec have a really fast growing economy and the most important, a direct trade market with Europe. I think Québec will easily survive to the rupture as Ontario and the West.

NAFTA and other agreements were signed and include ALL provinces in this country and would STILL include all provinces if say Quebec was to seperate. It would take a lot of giving to get out of the collective agreements that have already been signed. Its a lot more work than you think starting your "own" country.

de-Gaules
NAFTA and other agreements were signed and include ALL provinces in this country and would STILL include all provinces if say Quebec was to seperate. It would take a lot of giving to get out of the collective agreements that have already been signed. Its a lot more work than you think starting your "own" country.[/quote]

The thing is that Québec have never signed the Constitution of this country. We are here because the 9 others provinces have signed in a real unhonnest way (René Lévesque was not even there). English are used to be unhonnest...

de-Gaules
That was in 1982. The night of the long knife. I'm proud to say that today in 2002, Québec have still not signed your Constitution. (By the rules, a consitution is what make the country run.)

Now that you know that point, can you tell me if we are still a united country? Did what Canada have signed over the years can be apply for us if we dont even have signed the Constitution? Really I want to know what you think of it.

JidoSpod

That was in 1982. The night of the long knife. I'm proud to say that today in 2002, Québec have still not signed your Constitution. (By the rules, a consitution is what make the country run.)

Now that you know that point, can you tell me if we are still a united country? Did what Canada have signed over the years can be apply for us if we dont even have signed the Constitution? Really I want to know what you think of it.

I really dont know what everyone else thinks, but I think that must be some pretty good drugs you have. Send me some!

Quebec wants to seperate, thats all fine and dandy, but most of its citizens dont want to seperate. I seem to recall the last few referendums on it being against it. So really its only a small few of you who want to seperate.

Let me start up a boat and you can all go back to France!

JidoSpod
Im really tired of this bullshit. If you guys want to leave so badly then bloody leave and leave the rest of the country and the province out of it. its been proven again and again that the majority of Quebecors do not agree with leaving Canada, Im sure you will tell me it was a rigged vote or something retarded like that.

Next time you post, think about it a bit more.

------ Francais ---------

Je suis vraiment fatigué de cette connerie. Si vous des types voulez laisser tellement mal puis le congé sanglant et laisser le reste du pays et de la province hors d'elle. son avéré à plusieurs reprises que la majorité de Quebecors ne sont pas d'accord avec quitter le Canada, Im sûr vous me direz qu'il était une voix calée ou quelque chose retardée comme celle.

La fois prochaine vous signalez, pensez cela un peu davantage.

Anonymous
I am sure that we will be able to find a nice deserted island that all the french speaking people who would like to leave can find a pleasant home. Just aslong as they do not come crying to us when there is nobody to take care of them anymore.

Vincent_2002
I live in Montréal and I am against PQ and seperation!

JidoSpod
de-Gaules, if you are so sure that EVERYONE is FOR the seperation of Quebec, bring them here, we can all discuss this, because there ARE NOT a majority that support it. AS referendums prove To me this is just you talking away like a twit.

firestarter
Being a born and bred westerner I am sick and tired of hearing about the french canadians and how they want to seperate. We all know that they would not be able to survive on there own and it would be no time at all till they would be crying for someone to come and bail them out. And of course we would cave and help them. It always seems the the west is always the last to get any help from the goverment when it is needed. So if they do seperate then let them and good for them and they are on there own.
Sooner or later they will be like the native indians and will be wanting to claim any land that they feel may be worth something to them.

JidoSpod
Quote: Originally Posted by firestarter

Being a born and bred westerner I am sick and tired of hearing about the french canadians and how they want to seperate. We all know that they would not be able to survive on there own and it would be no time at all till they would be crying for someone to come and bail them out. And of course we would cave and help them. It always seems the the west is always the last to get any help from the goverment when it is needed. So if they do seperate then let them and good for them and they are on there own.
Sooner or later they will be like the native indians and will be wanting to claim any land that they feel may be worth something to them.

Great post! I agree with you 100%.. and as for the lands, a LOT of quebec is Crown Land, so they wouldnt be getting the entire province if they seperated. Which would mean another province in there somewhere would most likely spawn that would connect both ends of canada if they did split on us..

Anonymous
I also agree. In the west, we get the least amount of assistance with everything. Funding being the major issue. Quebec gets more attention from our federal gov't than the praries and the west combined! So would they stop crying about this all.

de-Gaules
Quote: Originally Posted by JidoSpod

de-Gaules, if you are so sure that EVERYONE is FOR the seperation of Quebec, bring them here, we can all discuss this, because there ARE NOT a majority that support it. AS referendums prove

The last referendum have prove nothing at all. 49,6% VS 50,4% is not a majority for me. Exept Montréal, the majority of Québec have vote for the yes. But in Montréal area, there is a lot of English...

All I have to say is that nobody here is able to give me an intelligent answer about the Constitution. You are too emotional. You can't face the fact or you don't know what it is.

For those from the West who think they are igored by gouvernment... well, maybe you are just unintersting. (Just take this forum,... Continent of the Canada, what a joke!)

Firestarter : "We all know that they would not be able to survive on there own and it would be no time at all till they would be crying for someone to come and bail them out."

That's make me realise that the english superiority complex is still present in Canada. Believe me, we can do much more than you think by ourself. If you think we are so week, don't you think we should have being assimilated since a long time?

Without Québec, Canada is only a uninteresting USA copy. That is why you want to keep us. Cause honnestly, if not, why do you keep us with you? There is no reason, we are so week, we can't do nothing by ourself, we cry all the time....

For the guy from montréal who is against separation: my parents teach me real soon the real history of Canada. I suggest you to read Le livre noir du Canada anglais. After that, maybe you'll change opinion. If not, well too bad, you are not a true one, you are not even Québécois, you are Canadian, like this infect beer.

Ciao my friends!

Andem
Free Thinker
De-Gaules, I really think you should do some education on Canada. You seem very uneducated on the country you live in. Just because you are proud, doesnt mean Quebec would be any more successful.

Canada is a unique country. And although we have evolved with the united states, we are still a different country with different morals and customs. And who do you think you are having the right to call Vincent_2002 not a true Quebecois? You have no right to tell him he's not a true quebecois. You dont know him.

Finally. Quebec's funding comes from the government of Canada. And a lot of the province is crown land and property! If quebec did seperate, you'd live in a poor poor country with very little industry (like I said before, would move to Toronto, Calgary or Vancouver). And you justify this for your pride. Thats just a laughing matter.

I'd like to see what your friends have to say about this, whether they agree/disagree.

JidoSpod

The last referendum have prove nothing at all. 49,6% VS 50,4% is not a majority for me. Exept Montréal, the majority of Québec have vote for the yes. But in Montréal area, there is a lot of English...

So then your saying anyone who lives in Quebec has to be French? So that would basically mean you'd kick out all non-french people out of Quebec, a lot of them ARE french or at least from french families, regardless of whatever language they prefer to speak. I got a better idea, we'll just send you on the boat.

All I have to say is that nobody here is able to give me an intelligent answer about the Constitution. You are too emotional. You can't face the fact or you don't know what it is.

For those from the West who think they are igored by gouvernment... well, maybe you are just unintersting. (Just take this forum,... Continent of the Canada, what a joke!)

You really do know nothing about Canada do you? And after reading the Continent of the Canadas forums, I read in about 10 places where it says hypothetical.. its a joke get over it.

Firestarter : "We all know that they would not be able to survive on there own and it would be no time at all till they would be crying for someone to come and bail them out."

That's make me realise that the english superiority complex is still present in Canada. Believe me, we can do much more than you think by ourself. If you think we are so week, don't you think we should have being assimilated since a long time?

Without Québec, Canada is only a uninteresting USA copy. That is why you want to keep us. Cause honnestly, if not, why do you keep us with you? There is no reason, we are so week, we can't do nothing by ourself, we cry all the time....

Well over half of Quebec is Crown Corporation Lands. You'd lose most of your province if you seperated, including most of your industry.. do you really still think you'd thrive without anything at all? Maybe you should look and actually SEE how much land that Quebec DOES NOT own that is in Quebec. Then you can start crying about how unfair that is too

Andem
Free Thinker
This discussion is going no-where... We need constructive criticizing. Not throwing blows at each other!

Lets all be friends and forget about this topic for now, because its turning into a fight, alright?

czardogs
Let us not forget the large Native Canadian community in Quebec also. they are on record as saying they want NOTHING to do with Quebec if they were to seperate. They want to remain Canadian and as such they to would transfer their large and substantial lands to Canada also. Much of Quebecs best lumber and mining areas are under the control of natives or the Crown.

There has not been any new referendum talks because the BQ know they would lose and lose badly this time around. As more immigrants move to Quebec the chance of them ever winning a referendum is declining by the day.

About the constitution what is the hang up? So what if Quebec chose not to sign. Quebec wants everything its way or no way. The Government of quebec chose not to sign out of displeasure not for any real reasons. Many Canadians think the constitution is weak and needs redoing but we dont whine about it and threaten to leave over it. End of story.

You have said here before that you have never even been to the west so you dont have anything educated to say about it so dont. the West gets screwed over time and time again through transfer payments. Quebec is the second largest province yet still takes the most in transfer payments each and every year. You seperatists would find yourselves in poverty quickly without the money from the West.

JamesBondo