federal ndp leader jagmeet singh

spaminator
+2

Walter
+4 / -2
#2  Top Rated Post
NDP will continue to be the federal party that never wins power.

Durry
+1
Now watch the NDs fall in the popular polls.

mentalfloss
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Boob#1

Quote: Originally Posted by Durry View Post

Now watch the NDs fall in the popular polls.

Boob#2

MHz
Who??

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Best of luck (though Charlie may have been the better guy for rural and the North)

Murphy
Conservative
The NDP has had its moments throughout the years. If you look at history, the CCF, forerunner of the NDP, under Tommy Douglas, came up with the idea for healthcare and a pension plan. Two things that Liberal governments subsequently "borrowed" and enacted. Lester Pearson was PM.

The CCF was also responsible for family allowances.

I imagine Tommy's ghost might say, "As long as these things got started..."

http://www.cbc.ca/history/EPISCONTEN...3CH3PA1LE.html

https://canadiandimension.com/articl...th-of-medicare

Durry
+2 / -1
I have never seen a Sikh do anything for Canada except cry racism and discrimination.

I wonder if this Sikh can even sing the National anthem??

bill barilko
Quote:

'If you're in the jungle and see a Snake and then an Indian-Kill the Indian'

Old Asian proverb heard in Thailand, Malaysia & India too.

Curious Cdn
Conservative
This next election might be the historic one where the Green Party finally passes the NDP for good. Tom Mulcair is probably shaking his head back and forth, banging it against the wall.

taxslave
Free Thinker

With any luck at all.

Durry
The only reason this guy got in is because all the rag heads got together to vote for him. They purposely joined the ND party so they could vote in a rag head.

These rag heads stick together, a number of years ago these rag heads shut down the Vancouver airport when the government tried to evict another rag hear from the country for being here illegally.
These dudes know the power they have if they stick together

taxslave
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

Old Asian proverb heard in Thailand, Malaysia & India too.

Way I heard it was a snake and a lawyer.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
+3

The only reason this guy got in is because all the rag heads got together to vote for him. They purposely joined the ND party so they could vote in a rag head.

These rag heads stick together, a number of years ago these rag heads shut down the Vancouver airport when the government tried to evict another rag hear from the country for being here illegally.

Maybe if you backed away from Mommy's pooter you could go outside and play too - if the 'brown' kids don't school ya....

Hoof Hearted
Sooo...

We've got the married white bilingual white guy as Prime Minister.

The Indian immigrant as leader of the NDP.

A retarded leader of the Green Party.

All we need is a disabled lesbian to head up the Conservatives, and most all of the Politically Correct leadership positions will be filled.

Colpy
Conservative
+3
I think Mr. Singh will do quite well.

Nobody voting NDP or thinking about it cares that he is east Indian.

He is charming, and young.

This will be good for the NDP.......and very good for the Conservatives.

Hoof Hearted
+1
Singh us a song you're the Turban man
Singh us a song tonight
Cause we're all in the mood for some curry
And you've got us feelin alright!

Murphy
Conservative
+1
Singh will increase the number of NDP seats in S. Ontario. It is reasonable to suppose that his support will be newer Canadians, many of whom are Sikhs, Hindus and Muslims. How he fares in the rest of the country will depend less on his ethnicity and more on what is contained within the revised NDP platform.

Those old enough to remember how Bob Rae skewered the province of Ontario won't vote NDP, regardless of who is at the helm. Although there are many votes to be mined from Ontario, the NDP still has to get support from other provinces.

Winning the leadership race is one thing. Changing the minds of Canadian voters is another.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
I remember Rae ... and the Martin budget that made a villain out of him and a "poor me" out of Harris. I guess it's all in how you're angling. Biggest complaint I heard of Rae were Rae Days ... mostly by folks who took Fridays off anyhow

Murphy
Conservative
Yes, his austerity program for civil servants - Rae Days. His unfulfilled promise to rein in Ontario insurance. Tuition for schools went through the roof. So many bad things for labour and people generally shamed him out of provincial NDP politics and into federal Liberal politics. He needed to escape and distance himself from a party that he personally damaged. He became a Liberal. I suggest he could not detach himself from the public teat and the Grits were his only option.

So many bad things in the first five years of the 1990s for Ontario. Many people cannot forget. That stuck to the federal NDP party as well. Right or wrong, the wounds are too fresh for many. I am sure that the Liberal and Conservative media campaigns will remind Ontario voters of that. It might even surface in debates.

Only new Canadians, the ones who were not here when Rae was causing economic damage, will give the NDP a chance.

Are there enough of them?
Last edited by Murphy; Oct 1st, 2017 at 09:46 PM..

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

The NDP has had its moments throughout the years. If you look at history, the CCF, forerunner of the NDP, under Tommy Douglas, came up with the idea for healthcare and a pension plan. Two things that Liberal governments subsequently "borrowed" and enacted. Lester Pearson was PM.

The CCF was also responsible for family allowances.

I imagine Tommy's ghost might say, "As long as these things got started..."

Co-operative Commonwealth Federation

https://canadiandimension.com/articl...th-of-medicare

The CCF and later the NDP have been responsible for almost every social benefit Canadians enjoy. For a party that has never had power federally it has been remarkably influential. I expect in the future thing will continue as they have before with the Liberals and Conservatives stealing NDP ideas to keep it out of power.

Walter
+1
The CBC will tell us he's the best thing ever, except for Justine.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

Yes, his austerity program for civil servants - Rae Days. His unfulfilled promise to rein in Ontario insurance. Tuition for schools went through the roof. So many bad things for labour and people generally shamed him out of provincial NDP politics and into federal Liberal politics. He needed to escape and distance himself from a party that he personally damaged. He became a Liberal. I suggest he could not detach himself from the public teat and the Grits were his only option.

So many bad things in the first five years of the 1990s for Ontario. Many people cannot forget. That stuck to the federal NDP party as well. Right or wrong, the wounds are too fresh for many. I am sure that the Liberal and Conservative media campaigns will remind Ontario voters of that. It might even surface in debates.

Only new Canadians, the ones who were not here when Rae was causing economic damage, will give the NDP a chance.

Are there enough of them?

How many people will forget they still had government jobs under Rae? They sure didn't when Harris swung his hatchet. He left NDP mainly because he wasn't "left" enough....

White_Unifier
+1

I have never seen a Sikh do anything for Canada except cry racism and discrimination.

Seeing how he knows both English and French, he might be able to sing it in both official languages. And you?

Seeing how he knows both English and French, he's probably more integrated into Canadian culture than you are, Durry.

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1

Can you speak French? He can. And English too.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

Yeah because you're a racist prick that wouldn't vote for an East Indian..

NDP won in Alberta, never say never asshole

I'd hope he wins just to make your life miserable for 4 years

Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Can you speak French? He can. And English too.

...and Punjabi

He will have Surrey and Brampton vote

Colpy
Conservative
+1
https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/opi...ticle36464035/

Durry
+1 / -1
East Indians can't build shit, these guys have been building Indian for over 1000 yrs and it's still a shithole full of rag heads and other crazy religious zealots.

E Indians always vote for their own kind, now matter the ability, now just how stupid is that??
Put an E Indian in power and he will make this country look like India in no time.

lone wolf
Free Thinker
He's not a building contractor. You're safe

Retired_Can_Soldier
+3

East Indians can't build shit, these guys have been building Indian for over 1000 yrs and it's still a shithole full of rag heads and other crazy religious zealots.

E Indians always vote for their own kind, now matter the ability, now just how stupid is that??
Put an E Indian in power and he will make this country look like India in no time.

Do you masturbate while making statements like this?