The Next Life is better than this life of the World


selfsame
#1
The Next Life is the spiritual life that follows death of man and his going to the world of souls or the Afterlife.
This material life of the World is temporary, and in spite of this, we find almost all people toil and work for this life of the World rather than the Next spiritual life.
In this life of the World man lives with his material body, while in the Next Life, he lives with his spiritual or ethereal soul.

Quran 87: 16-17
{16. But you [people] prefer the life of this World [to the Next.]

17. While the Next Life is better and more enduring [than this life of the World.] b}

.................................................. .....................

b For all that is in this World will tear up and vanish because it is material,
while all that is in the Next Life will remain without vanishing or disappearing because it is ethereal or spiritual.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/man/1.htm#..._more_Enduring
 
Mowich
+3
#2  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

The Next Life is the spiritual life that follows death of man and his going to the world of souls or the Afterlife.
This material life of the World is temporary, and in spite of this, we find almost all people toil and work for this life of the World rather than the Next spiritual life.
In this life of the World man lives with his material body, while in the Next Life, he lives with his spiritual or ethereal soul.

Quran 87: 16-17
{16. But you [people] prefer the life of this World [to the Next.]

17. While the Next Life is better and more enduring [than this life of the World.] b}

.................................................. .....................

b For all that is in this World will tear up and vanish because it is material,
while all that is in the Next Life will remain without vanishing or disappearing because it is ethereal or spiritual.

Man after Death


 
Ludlow
+1
#3
another example of how their guru's justify their followers miserable lives they create for them.

Tow that barge, lift that bale.
 
taxslave
+2
#4
Your next life is fertilizer for the grass planted over you.
 
Ludlow
+1
#5
Get the lead out selfslime you're running behind schedule. All I wanna see is a$$holes and elbows.
 
selfsame
#6
The essential part of belief is the belief in God alone and in the Next Life.
So anyone who disbelieves in God, almost he does not believe in the Next Life.
But all people do believe in death.

Quran 78: 1-5
{ 1. About what do these [associaters] interrogate each other!?

[Then God – be glorified – told about the subject of their interrogation, and said:]
2. about the serious topic!

3. Concerning which they are at variance. a

4. Nay b , they will soon come to know [the truth about that c .]

5. Again nay d ; for they will soon come to know [the truth about that e .] }
.................................................. ....

a The topic about which they are at variance is the ‘sending of souls to the Next Life’ and the resurrection: some people believe in it and others deny it.

Moreover, those who believe in it vary also concerning it: some people say: the ‘sending to the Next Life’ will be for souls not for bodies; while others say: both souls and bodies will be resurrected altogether.

In addition, they differ about spirits: some admit the existence of spirits, while others deny that.

Therefore, this is the difference and disagreement of people about the ‘sending to the Next Life’.

While about the Accounting and Judgment: some say: the accounting will directly follow death, while others say: it will be on Doomsday.

b This is for deterring those who deny the existence of spirits; which means: It is not like what you imagine that man has no spirit.

c Following their death, and will then see spirits, jinns, angels, devils and every ethereal creature.

d This is a deterring to those who deny the ‘sending of souls to the Next Life’.

e When they will go to the world of souls, by means of death, and they will then see the angels who will take their souls out of their bodies, and will see the chastisement with which We promised them, and what else they denied and disbelieved.

The interpretation is by by the pen of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

================================================== ==========

I have read in the Quran interpretation that God has decided to postpone the punishment of Jews and Christians till their death appointment, so when the death appointment of anyone comes, those will lose who disbelieve in the Next Life, and their belief at that time will not avail them, because at that time all people will believe when they see the angels of death seizing their souls out of their bodies, and will see the spirits of the dead and will meet their punishment.

And when I find the particular aya where this is mentioned, I then may cite it here.
Last edited by selfsame; Nov 20th, 2015 at 03:30 PM..
 
Cliffy
+2
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

The essential part of belief is the belief in God alone and in the Next Life.
So anyone who disbelieves in God, almost he does not believe in the Next Life.
But all people do believe in death.

bla bla bla bla

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

Sorry dude, but the next life will be the same as this life until you figure out that you are divine. Everything in the Universe is made of the same stuff, the same energy: Love/God/Allah/Great Spirit. There is no judgment based on what you believe, not in this life or any other. Until you can understand that we are all equal, all children of the same divine energy that created itself, you will just have to come back, life time after life time, until you can see that we are all one with the Universe. There is no us and them. We are all in this together; Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, et al. None are favoured above any other. You are wasting your precious life thinking that you will be rewarded for being anything other than a good decent human being.
 
EagleSmack
+2
#8
Cliffy knows.... he's was a genuine Cree warrior (cough) in his last life!
 
Mowich
+2
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

The essential part of belief is the belief in God alone and in the Next Life.
So anyone who disbelieves in God, almost he does not believe in the Next Life.
But all people do believe in death.

Quran 78: 1-5
{ 1. About what do these [associaters] interrogate each other!?

[Then God – be glorified – told about the subject of their interrogation, and said:]
2. about the serious topic!

3. Concerning which they are at variance. a

4. Nay b , they will soon come to know [the truth about that c .]

5. Again nay d ; for they will soon come to know [the truth about that e .] }
.................................................. ....

a The topic about which they are at variance is the ‘sending of souls to the Next Life’ and the resurrection: some people believe in it and others deny it.

Moreover, those who believe in it vary also concerning it: some people say: the ‘sending to the Next Life’ will be for souls not for bodies; while others say: both souls and bodies will be resurrected altogether.

In addition, they differ about spirits: some admit the existence of spirits, while others deny that.

Therefore, this is the difference and disagreement of people about the ‘sending to the Next Life’.

While about the Accounting and Judgment: some say: the accounting will directly follow death, while others say: it will be on Doomsday.

b This is for deterring those who deny the existence of spirits; which means: It is not like what you imagine that man has no spirit.

c Following their death, and will then see spirits, jinns, angels, devils and every ethereal creature.

d This is a deterring to those who deny the ‘sending of souls to the Next Life’.

e When they will go to the world of souls, by means of death, and they will then see the angels who will take their souls out of their bodies, and will see the chastisement with which We promised them, and what else they denied and disbelieved.

The interpretation is by Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

================================================== ==========

I have read in the Quran interpretation that God has decided to postpone the punishment of Jews and Christians till their death appointment, so when the death appointment of anyone comes, those will lose who disbelieve in the Next Life, and their belief at that time will not avail them, because at that time all people will believe when they see the angels of death seizing their souls out of their bodies, and will see the spirits of the dead and will meet their punishment.

And when I find the particular aya where this is mentioned, I then may cite it here.




 
selfsame
#10
Here it is in the Quran 11: 110-111, that God is only postponing their punishment after their death hour:

{110. And We gave to Moses the Book [: the Torah], then they disagreed thereabout a .
Had it not been for a word that had already been decided by your Lord [to postpone the punishment to the Next life], the decision [with punishment] would have been passed between them b .
And, verily, the [Jews and associaters] are in a horrible doubt concerning the [Quran.]

111. And each of the [Jews and the associaters among the Arab], when [they die and go to the world of souls], shall your Lord recompense them in full according to their deeds c ; surely, He is All-Aware about what they do d .}
.................................................. .........

a i.e. After him, his people diviated, changed, altered and worshipped the idols and statues.

b It means: We would have destroyed those who deviated and changed the religion, and would have spared those keeping up to it.

c It means: Your Lord will punish them with full punishment according to their evil deeds.

d For nothing of their deeds and secrets may be hidden from Him.

================================================== ========

The Quran has a characteristic that it will be a healing and mercy to believers, but will increase the wrong-doers in loss.
17: 82
{And We reveal of the Quran that which is a cure [of the psychological diseases and the ill nature] and a mercy for believers h , but wrong-doers: it only increases their loss i .}
.................................................. ..............

h Because they will be admitted into Paradise on account of their following the Quran and working according to its statements.

i Because they do not believe in it, so they will lose their Next Life.

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Sorry dude, but the next life will be the same as this life until you figure out that you are divine. Everything in the Universe is made of the same stuff, the same energy: Love/God/Allah/Great Spirit. There is no judgment based on what you believe, not in this life or any other. Until you can understand that we are all equal, all children of the same divine energy that created itself, you will just have to come back, life time after life time, until you can see that we are all one with the Universe. There is no us and them. We are all in this together; Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, et al. None are favoured above any other. You are wasting your precious life thinking that you will be rewarded for being anything other than a good decent human being.

What is your proof for your words?
 
Ludlow
+1
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Here it is in the Quran 11: 110-111, that God is only postponing their punishment after their death hour:

{110. And We gave to Moses the Book [: the Torah], then they disagreed thereabout a .
Had it not been for a word that had already been decided by your Lord [to postpone the punishment to the Next life], the decision [with punishment] would have been passed between them b .
And, verily, the [Jews and associaters] are in a horrible doubt concerning the [Quran.]

111. And each of the [Jews and the associaters among the Arab], when [they die and go to the world of souls], shall your Lord recompense them in full according to their deeds c ; surely, He is All-Aware about what they do d .}
.................................................. .........

a i.e. After him, his people diviated, changed, altered and worshipped the idols and statues.

b It means: We would have destroyed those who deviated and changed the religion, and would have spared those keeping up to it.

c It means: Your Lord will punish them with full punishment according to their evil deeds.

d For nothing of their deeds and secrets may be hidden from Him.

================================================== ========

The Quran has a characteristic that it will be a healing and mercy to believers, but will increase the wrong-doers in loss.
17: 82
{And We reveal of the Quran that which is a cure [of the psychological diseases and the ill nature] and a mercy for believers h , but wrong-doers: it only increases their loss i .}
.................................................. ..............

h Because they will be admitted into Paradise on account of their following the Quran and working according to its statements.

i Because they do not believe in it, so they will lose their Next Life.



What is your proof for your words?

Yes I'll have the glazed guilt under glass with a side order of fear and could we please have some of those wonderful bullshyt rolls you're so famous for. And do bring us some ice tea to warsh all this horse shyt down. Thank ye. .
 
Mowich
+1
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Here it is in the Quran 11: 110-111, that God is only postponing their punishment after their death hour:

{110. And We gave to Moses the Book [: the Torah], then they disagreed thereabout a .
Had it not been for a word that had already been decided by your Lord [to postpone the punishment to the Next life], the decision [with punishment] would have been passed between them b .
And, verily, the [Jews and associaters] are in a horrible doubt concerning the [Quran.]

111. And each of the [Jews and the associaters among the Arab], when [they die and go to the world of souls], shall your Lord recompense them in full according to their deeds c ; surely, He is All-Aware about what they do d .}
.................................................. .........

a i.e. After him, his people diviated, changed, altered and worshipped the idols and statues.

b It means: We would have destroyed those who deviated and changed the religion, and would have spared those keeping up to it.

c It means: Your Lord will punish them with full punishment according to their evil deeds.

d For nothing of their deeds and secrets may be hidden from Him.







 
AnnaG
+1
#13
If I were an atheist I would think it is really a shame that it is not possible to see the looks on people's faces when their bodies start dissembling after death and that there is no life after death. It would be so cool to be able to say, "I told you so". lol
But no-one can KNOW there are or are no gods and goddesses or afterdeaths or whatever until possibly after the fact, so no-one else can say, "I told you so".

Think of all that time that people are wasting on praying, worshiping, and ruining knees on prayer rugs and in Catholic pews. hehe If there are such critters, they obviously could not care any less about humans and the goings-on on Earth.
 
Cliffy
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

Here it is in the Quran 11: 110-111, that God is only postponing their punishment after their death hour:

{110. And We gave to Moses the Book [: the Torah], then they disagreed thereabout a .
Had it not been for a word that had already been decided by your Lord [to postpone the punishment to the Next life], the decision [with punishment] would have been passed between them b .
And, verily, the [Jews and associaters] are in a horrible doubt concerning the [Quran.]

111. And each of the [Jews and the associaters among the Arab], when [they die and go to the world of souls], shall your Lord recompense them in full according to their deeds c ; surely, He is All-Aware about what they do d .}
.................................................. .........

a i.e. After him, his people diviated, changed, altered and worshipped the idols and statues.

b It means: We would have destroyed those who deviated and changed the religion, and would have spared those keeping up to it.

c It means: Your Lord will punish them with full punishment according to their evil deeds.

d For nothing of their deeds and secrets may be hidden from Him.

================================================== ========

The Quran has a characteristic that it will be a healing and mercy to believers, but will increase the wrong-doers in loss.
17: 82
{And We reveal of the Quran that which is a cure [of the psychological diseases and the ill nature] and a mercy for believers h , but wrong-doers: it only increases their loss i .}
.................................................. ..............

h Because they will be admitted into Paradise on account of their following the Quran and working according to its statements.

i Because they do not believe in it, so they will lose their Next Life.



What is your proof for your words?

The Source: books were written by men, if you want to know the truth, go directly to the Source. people have many different names for the Source; God/Allah/the Atman/Great Spirit etc. It doesn't matter what you call it. It is the Source of life and all of Creation. You don't need books or religion, you just need a humble and sincere heart. If you think you know better than anybody else, you do not have a humble heart. This is what I have learned from Source, but it is up to you to find your own connection to the Source and you will not find it in books or temples (mosques). It is a personal journey (the path less followed). Religion is a super highway to nowhere.
 
selfsame
#15
None will receive the Quran words but only the God-fearing.

Quran 36: 11
{You [Mohammed] only warn him who follows the admonition [of the Quran] f and fears [God] Most Gracious in secret g , so give him the good news of forgiveness and excellent reward [in the Next Life.]}
..................................................

f It means: The one who takes advantage of your warning, is only the one who follows the Quran, i.e. who receives admonition of the Quran.

g i.e. in private, when none of people is attending.

================================================== =======

And this is another aya which indicates the one who will receive the admonition of the Quran is only the God-fearing:

Quran 87: 8-11
{8. And We shall make it easy for you, for the 'advantage and happiness' [of people.] h

9. So keep on admonishing [people with the Quran]. The admonition is profitable [to him who accepts it.] i

10. And he will receive the admonition, who fears [God's punishment.]

11. But the most wretched [among the disobedient] shall flout the [admonition]}
.................................................. .......

h Because prophets are obliged, while people have free choice or option.

i Similar to this is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 50: 45, which means:
(So admonish with the Quran him who fears the threat [of God.])

The interpretation is by the pen of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.

I say by his pen because he was once asked: is this your interpretation?
He firmly said: "No, I am only the writer of this interpretation."
And at another occasion he said: "An angel dictates to me, and I write it down."

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The Source: books were written by men, if you want to know the truth, go directly to the Source. people have many different names for the Source; God/Allah/the Atman/Great Spirit etc. It doesn't matter what you call it. It is the Source of life and all of Creation. You don't need books or religion, you just need a humble and sincere heart. If you think you know better than anybody else, you do not have a humble heart. This is what I have learned from Source, but it is up to you to find your own connection to the Source and you will not find it in books or temples (mosques). It is a personal journey (the path less followed). Religion is a super highway to nowhere.

All this is a jumble.
Once you say: if you think yourself knows better than others, then you have no pure heart, while in fact you give the information which you think others do not know it.
Moreover, this is not any proof. And you said you were living before ... so all such words have no proof but only jumble and confusion.
 
Ludlow
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

None will receive the Quran words but only the God-fearing.

Quran 36: 11
{You [Mohammed] only warn him who follows the admonition [of the Quran] f and fears [God] Most Gracious in secret g , so give him the good news of forgiveness and excellent reward [in the Next Life.]}
..................................................

f It means: The one who takes advantage of your warning, is only the one who follows the Quran, i.e. who receives admonition of the Quran.

g i.e. in private, when none of people is attending.

================================================== =======

And this is another aya which indicates the one who will receive the admonition of the Quran is only the God-fearing:

Quran 87: 8-11
{8. And We shall make it easy for you, for the 'advantage and happiness' [of people.] h

9. So keep on admonishing [people with the Quran]. The admonition is profitable [to him who accepts it.] i

10. And he will receive the admonition, who fears [God's punishment.]

11. But the most wretched [among the disobedient] shall flout the [admonition]}
.................................................. .......

h Because prophets are obliged, while people have free choice or option.

i Similar to this is His saying – be glorified – in the Quran 50: 45, which means:
(So admonish with the Quran him who fears the threat [of God.])

The interpretation is by the pen of Mohammed-Ali Hassan Al-Hilly.



All this is a jumble.
Once you say: if you think yourself knows better than others, then you have no pure heart, while in fact you give the information which you think others do not know it.
Moreover, this is not any proof. And you said you were living before ... so all such words have no proof but only jumble and confusion.

god fearing-fearing god. Make's a lot of sense.
 
Mowich
+1
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

None will receive the Quran words but only the God-fearing.

Counts me out considering I'm Pagan.

Quote:

Quran 36: 11
{You [Mohammed] only warn him who follows the admonition [of the Quran] f and fears [God] Most Gracious in secret g , so give him the good news of forgiveness and excellent reward [in the Next Life.]}
..................................................



f It means: The one who takes advantage of your warning, is only the one who follows the Quran, i.e. who receives admonition of the Quran.

g i.e. in private, when none of people is attending.[/QUOTE]


Quote: Originally Posted by selfsame View Post

I say by his pen because he was once asked: is this your interpretation?
He firmly said: "No, I am only the writer of this interpretation."
And at another occasion he said: "An angel dictates to me, and I write it down."


 
AnnaG
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

If I were an atheist I would think it is really a shame that it is not possible to see the looks on people's faces when their bodies start dissembling after death and that there is no life after death. It would be so cool to be able to say, "I told you so". lol
But no-one can KNOW there are or are no gods and goddesses or afterdeaths or whatever until possibly after the fact, so no-one else can say, "I told you so".

Think of all that time that people are wasting on praying, worshiping, and ruining knees on prayer rugs and in Catholic pews. hehe If there are such critters, they obviously could not care any less about humans and the goings-on on Earth.

Just as cool and more possible would be for folks to show up in an afterdeath and find out that gods and goddesses really do not care, or that there are no gods or goddesses to care, or that everyone makes their own afterdeath, or that we have to keep coming back until we learn to treat ourselves and the planet properly, or that .......
No amount of books can tell anyone the facts about deities and utopias after death. Books are written by humans and humans can and do lie ... a LOT.

Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

Counts me out considering I'm Pagan.

No worries, Mowich. Any deity worth a pinch of goose shyte would not need to be feared in the first place.
 
Cliffy
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

No worries, Mowich. Any deity worth a pinch of goose shyte would not need to be feared in the first place.

I never understood that concept. Even as a small boy in the catholic church, it never made sense to me why I should fear god. To me, if you have to fear it, it must be a psychopath, so I decided fear is the only thing to fear. I look at the unbelievable beauty of this planet and everything on it, and I see what humans have done to it and I think, it must be the fear of god that drives humans to destroy their own life support system.
 
darkbeaver
+2
#20
Quote:

=Mowich;2199292]Counts me out considering I'm Pagan.

The big three religion are solid Pagan, they just don't remember where the traditions came from occupying positions of ignorance about thier origins as they do. All of them are Solar Pagan Worshipers. Great Pan is not as dead as they think. They all worship the light but they'er to ruined to find it. The word travels in light.









 
Ludlow
+1
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

The big three religion are solid Pagan, they just don't remember where the traditions came from occupying positions of ignorance about thier origins as they do. All of them are Solar Pagan Worshipers. Great Pan is not as dead as they think. They all worship the light but they'er to ruined to find it. The word travels in light.









No,,,you are
 
damngrumpy
+2
#22
This guy is a pie salesman Pie in the sky when you die
What a wast of time and energy trying to convert a group
of cynics like we are. I enjoy the amusement of it all
 
darkbeaver
#23
I are are
 
Ludlow
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

This guy is a pie salesman Pie in the sky when you die
What a wast of time and energy trying to convert a group
of cynics like we are. I enjoy the amusement of it all

It's like the gun fighter who carves knotch's on his gun handle for each person he's snuffed out.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

It's like the gun fighter who carves knotch's on his gun handle for each person he's snuffed out.

He doesn't give a rats a$$ about anyone's soul or anything like that. It's all about him and his ego and his quota so he can look important in his invironment. Hey lookee here I got five today/

And that can apply to other religions as well.
 
darkbeaver
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by damngrumpy View Post

This guy is a pie salesman Pie in the sky when you die
What a wast of time and energy trying to convert a group
of cynics like we are. I enjoy the amusement of it all


God put that in your post. It's a miricle.
 
VanIsle
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Sorry dude, but the next life will be the same as this life until you figure out that you are divine. Everything in the Universe is made of the same stuff, the same energy: Love/God/Allah/Great Spirit. There is no judgment based on what you believe, not in this life or any other. Until you can understand that we are all equal, all children of the same divine energy that created itself, you will just have to come back, life time after life time, until you can see that we are all one with the Universe. There is no us and them. We are all in this together; Islam, Christianity, Buddhism, Judaism, Hinduism, et al. None are favoured above any other. You are wasting your precious life thinking that you will be rewarded for being anything other than a good decent human being.

We are all in this together but - there is no other life on earth. There is no resurrection. You live once only. You die and you ascend to Heaven with Jesus unless you are a non believer in God. There is only one un-forgivable sin. Dis-belief in God.
 
darkbeaver
#27
Having seen the lucid presentation of the "death" philosophy in Greek systems, we turn to Egypt. Does the wisdom of this venerable nation support that of Greece? With such fullness and positiveness does it agree with Greek conception that dispute as to the legitimacy of the interpretation must henceforth be silenced forever. It is from these unfathomable wells of Kamite knowledge that we draw the water which nourishes our intellectual life. Again the volume of material is prodigious.
It must be prefaced that the Egyptian writings use more than one character to personate the incarnating god. We may find Osiris, or Ra himself, or Tum, Atum or Horus taking the role. Then there are the two characters which we meet most often, the "Speaker" and the Manes in the Ritual. These appear to be distinctly the human soul. Sometimes again it is represented as the "deceased," again as the "Osirified deceased." Besides, the names of four or more kings are used to stand for deity: Unas, Ani, Pepi and Teta, frequently with "the" prefixed.
It is definitely corroborative of the thesis here defended that the central god figure in Egyptian religion, Osiris, the Father, in distinction from Horus, the Son, is consistently assigned the functions, prerogatives and sovereignty of the "king of the dead." He is hailed in a hundred passages as the Ruler of the Underworld, or as Lord of Amenta (Amenti, Amentiu), the Egyptian Hades, the correct locating of which region in theology is one of the major aims of this work. He is assimilable to the Greek Pluto, ruler of Hades, the dark underworld. That this dismal limbo of theology is actually our earth is a fact which has never once dawned upon the intellectual horizon of any modern savant, however high his name. Osiris, the "Speaker," the "Manes," the incarnating deity, is indeed the king in the realm of the dead. For we are those dead, and the god within us came to rule this
163
kingdom, according to the arcane meaning of every religion. For the Egyptians called the coffin "the chest of the living."4
 
Ludlow
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Having seen the lucid presentation of the "death" philosophy in Greek systems, we turn to Egypt. Does the wisdom of this venerable nation support that of Greece? With such fullness and positiveness does it agree with Greek conception that dispute as to the legitimacy of the interpretation must henceforth be silenced forever. It is from these unfathomable wells of Kamite knowledge that we draw the water which nourishes our intellectual life. Again the volume of material is prodigious.
It must be prefaced that the Egyptian writings use more than one character to personate the incarnating god. We may find Osiris, or Ra himself, or Tum, Atum or Horus taking the role. Then there are the two characters which we meet most often, the "Speaker" and the Manes in the Ritual. These appear to be distinctly the human soul. Sometimes again it is represented as the "deceased," again as the "Osirified deceased." Besides, the names of four or more kings are used to stand for deity: Unas, Ani, Pepi and Teta, frequently with "the" prefixed.
It is definitely corroborative of the thesis here defended that the central god figure in Egyptian religion, Osiris, the Father, in distinction from Horus, the Son, is consistently assigned the functions, prerogatives and sovereignty of the "king of the dead." He is hailed in a hundred passages as the Ruler of the Underworld, or as Lord of Amenta (Amenti, Amentiu), the Egyptian Hades, the correct locating of which region in theology is one of the major aims of this work. He is assimilable to the Greek Pluto, ruler of Hades, the dark underworld. That this dismal limbo of theology is actually our earth is a fact which has never once dawned upon the intellectual horizon of any modern savant, however high his name. Osiris, the "Speaker," the "Manes," the incarnating deity, is indeed the king in the realm of the dead. For we are those dead, and the god within us came to rule this

163
kingdom, according to the arcane meaning of every religion. For the Egyptians called the coffin "the chest of the living."4

You need a pitcher of cold beer, a bowl of salted in the shell peanuts and a few games of nine ball with the juke box playing Bob Seger tunes.
 
Mowich
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

We are all in this together but - there is no other life on earth. There is no resurrection. You live once only. You die and you ascend to Heaven with Jesus unless you are a non believer in God. There is only one un-forgivable sin. Dis-belief in God.



 
Ludlow
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by VanIsle View Post

We are all in this together but - there is no other life on earth. There is no resurrection. You live once only. You die and you ascend to Heaven with Jesus unless you are a non believer in God. There is only one un-forgivable sin. Dis-belief in God.

I'm glad someone has it all figured out