These Canadian Cops Are Fighting to Legalize Drugs

tay
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
These Canadian Cops Are Fighting to Legalize Drugs | VICE Canada

Retired_Can_Soldier
I know a few ex cops that like to indulge in the herb.

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

These Canadian Cops Are Fighting to Legalize Drugs | VICE Canada

glad to see it

Retired_Can_Soldier
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Sal View Post

glad to see it

Nice quote LOL Sorry I couldn't resist

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Retired_Can_Soldier View Post

Nice quote LOL Sorry I couldn't resist

thanks, it was suggested by a friend..I'm a quick study

Johnnny
No Party Affiliation
+1
Cops dont even care if you have under an ounce, anyways.... Its practically legal already.... Its only if you have an ounce and scale that you should be fretting.....
Last edited by Johnnny; Apr 28th, 2013 at 04:53 PM..

Cobalt_Kid
+1
De-criminalizing drugs for individual use seems to have worked in Portugal.

Evaluating Drug Decriminalization in Portugal 12 Years Later - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Quote:

One gram of heroin, two grams of cocaine, 25 grams of marijuana leaves or five grams of hashish: These are the drug quantities one can legally purchase and possess in Portugal, carrying them through the streets of Lisbon in a pants pocket, say, without fear of repercussion. MDMA -- the active ingredient in ecstasy -- and amphetamines -- including speed and meth -- can also be possessed in amounts up to one gram. That's roughly enough of each of these drugs to last 10 days.

Quote:

The Portuguese experiment has been in action since Law 30/2000 went into effect nearly 12 years ago, and Goulão's staff is currently calculating how much money the country's judicial system has saved, in its courts and prisons, now that it no longer has to process individuals the police catch with a few grams of drugs.

"The police still search people for drugs," Goulão points out. Hashish, cocaine, ecstasy -- Portuguese police still seize and destroy all these substances.

Before doing so, though, they first weigh the drugs and consult the official table with the list of 10-day limits. Anyone possessing drugs in excess of these amounts is treated as a dealer and charged in court. Anyone with less than the limit is told to report to a body known as a "warning commission on drug addiction" within the next 72 hours.

darkbeaver
Republican
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Cops dont even care if you have under an ounce, anyways.... Its practically legal already.... Its only if you have an ounce and scale that you should be fretting.....

How do you know you have an ounce if you haven't a scale?

Sal
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

How do you know you have an ounce if you haven't a scale?

how, regular use...lol