Name your favorite Frenchperson in history

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Said1

Why was he a bastard, didn't his father acknowledge him?

Because he was the illegitimate son of Duke Robert I of Normandy, and Herleve (also known as Arlette), daughter of a tanner in Falaise.

Jay
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf

Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

William "La batard" the conqueror (real name Guilliam Hocke) supposed frenchman from normandy......or that would be what the french will tell you.

He's actually a norman (meaning norseman) and is german, and translated Guilliam Hocke means "Darren Hockey"!!!!

You mean, the guy who invaded your country, and the only Frenchman to ever defeat the English in a major battle?

The Franks were Germanic too...

And Blackleaf, you should thank us Normans for bringing civility to your Island....

Daz_Hockey
yeah, it's william's surname that interests me the most lol Hocke.......most european people's were germanic

Nuggler
Louis Pasteur has to be first choice.
Pasturized milk was a good idea, and not having people running about foaming at the mouth, then keeling over from rabies ranks right up there also.

My #2 fave Frenchie has to be :
Jacques Le Dildo, who invented...........................the mousetrap.

Damn smart man.

Finder
Quote: Originally Posted by Jay

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf

Quote: Originally Posted by Daz_Hockey

William "La batard" the conqueror (real name Guilliam Hocke) supposed frenchman from normandy......or that would be what the french will tell you.

He's actually a norman (meaning norseman) and is german, and translated Guilliam Hocke means "Darren Hockey"!!!!

You mean, the guy who invaded your country, and the only Frenchman to ever defeat the English in a major battle?

The Franks were Germanic too...

And Blackleaf, you should thank us Normans for bringing civility to your Island....

oh and the Romans didn't help? Though Romanization went the way of the dohdoh once the Saxons invaded.