American Culture of Violence & It's Related Politics


pgs
Free Thinker
#1471
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

I don't suppose you have the first shred of evidence to back that up?

No, of course not. Certainty is more important than facts.

But of course you missed the just my humble opinion at the end . Maybe instead of asking for evidence , you can provide some to prove her opinion incorrect.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
#1472
 
Walter
-1
#1473
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Stoopid prog shit.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#1474
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Stoopid prog shit.

Stoopid regressive shit.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2 / -1
#1475
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

How the heck is that stupid .....?

The truth.......is that the school kids in the US are being terrorised , traumatised and one can only imagine the attitudes they will grow up with.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1476
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Your "JMHO" is just that, an opinion, thankfully not anywhere near fact.


That being said, I can agree that it's horrible kids are graduating without knowing a lot of basics that should be taught in schools.

Sadly, that's on the parents of the previous and current generation, for forcing teachers to dumb things down or remove things totally because they want babysitters for their kids, NOT educated kids.

My goodness........things have sure changed since I was in school.........and it was not that long ago.- in earth years
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#1477
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1 / -1
#1478
 
Walter
-1
#1479
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Stoopid analogy.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
-1
#1480
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Stoopid analogy.

Only because you are stoopid.
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1481

How a hard-charging lawyer helped fuel a civil war inside the National Rifle Association


William Brewer III has emerged as a top counselor to NRA chief executive Wayne LaPierre and a victor �� for now, at least �� in a fight that is ripping apart the powerful gun lobby.

The ugly feud has led to an exodus of high-level officials and warring accusations of financial impropriety. At the center of the fray is Brewer, a brash lawyer who has drawn ethics complaints and has a reputation for escalating disputes into pricey legal battles.

source: WAPO
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
#1482
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

But of course you missed the just my humble opinion at the end . Maybe instead of asking for evidence , you can provide some to prove her opinion incorrect.

.. sure did miss that "humble opinion" from you ...
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#1483
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

.. sure did miss that "humble opinion" from you ...

The lack of comprehension is really your strongest suit , eh George ?
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
-1
#1484
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

The lack of comprehension is really your strongest suit , eh George ?

It sure flew right past your ears, pigs.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+2
#1485



Militarism’s Role in the Sixth and Possibly Last ‘Great’ Extinction

U.S. Military World’s Largest Polluter – Hundreds Of Bases Gravely Contaminated
Producing more hazardous waste than the five largest U.S. chemical companies combined, the U.S. Department of Defense has left its toxic legacy throughout the world in the form of depleted uranium, oil, jet fuel, pesticides, defoliants like Agent Orange and lead, among other pollutants.”
“One of the most recent testaments to the U.S. military’s horrendous environmental record is Iraq.”
“U.S. military action there has resulted in the desertification of 90 percent of Iraqi territory, crippling the country’s agricultural industry and forcing it to import more than 80 percent of its food. The U.S.’ use of depleted uranium in Iraq during the Gulf War also caused a massive environmental burden for Iraqis. In addition, the U.S. military’s policy of using open-air burn pits to dispose of waste from the 2003 invasion has caused a surge in cancer among U.S. servicemen and Iraqi civilians alike.”
“The 20,000 tons of “stressors” mentioned in the EIS do not account for the additional 4.7 to 14 tons of “metals with potential toxicity” that the Navy plans to release annually, from now on, into inland waters along the Puget Sound in Washington state.”


More: https://kevinhester.live/2018/11/26/...eat-extinction
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#1486
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#1487
As the US plans to attack Iran...


 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1488
Fort Worth police officer who fatally shot woman in her own home has resigned and faces criminal charges, police say

Police identified the officer as Aaron Dean and said he would have been fired had he not resigned on his own. Dean shot and killed Atatiana Jefferson in her home early Saturday by firing through a bedroom window. Police said he was responding to a call about an open door at the residence.

source: WAPO
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
+2
#1489

Fort Worth officer who fatally shot woman in her home has been charged with murder, authorities say


Officer Aaron Dean, who shot 28-year-old Atatiana Jefferson in her home on Saturday, had resigned his position earlier Monday, police said. Had he not resigned on his own, he would have been fired for violations of the department��s policies on use of force, de-escalation and unprofessional conduct in connection with the shooting, Fort Worth Police Chief Ed Kraus said at a news conference.
Jefferson��s family has called for an independent investigation of the officer and the department��s practices.

source: WAPO


.......as he should be.
 
Danbones
Free Thinker
#1490
Ghetto Woman MAD her brother was shot ROBBING A STORE

Brandon Tatum
364K subscribers

Ghetto Woman MAD her brother was shot ROBBING A STORE

#GhettoWoman

I could not believe the Ghetto Woman got Mad because a dollar general store clerk shot her brother before he was shot by him.

This was a clear case of self-defense. There should be no questions in the Dayton Ohio dollars general shooting.

Roosevelt Rappley came into the store armed and got shot.

Rappley was a known criminal with charges pending against him related to other robberies as well.

It is sad what happened but reasonable given the situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6HDbs3neRs

Geezus LOL, you trumphating little hoids are ALL INSANE.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#1491
Crazy pants tries desperately to deflect from killer cop. Crazy pants is off his meds again...
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
#1492
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Crazy pants tries desperately to deflect from killer cop. Crazy pants is off his meds again...

Crazy Pants needs a lobotomy.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#1493
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1494
13-year-old double-murder suspect escapes after Robeson County court appearance

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/sh...2786203#post27


Now THERE is a kid with a future...........
 
Ocean Breeze
Free Thinker
#1495

A suspect is in custody after a shooting at a California high school that left multiple people injured, authorities said


A gunman opened fire early Thursday at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, law enforcement authorities said. Los Angeles County authorities said the suspect in the shooting is in custody and being treated at a hospital.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...ational&wpmk=1
 
Tecumsehsbones
#1496
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post


A suspect is in custody after a shooting at a California high school that left multiple people injured, authorities said

A gunman opened fire early Thursday at Saugus High School in Santa Clarita, law enforcement authorities said. Los Angeles County authorities said the suspect in the shooting is in custody and being treated at a hospital.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/educa...ational&wpmk=1

Because he shot himself in the head.

Not like LA sheriffs could catch a dose of the clap in a whorehouse.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#1497
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Because he shot himself in the head.

Not like LA sheriffs could catch a dose of the clap in a whorehouse.

You should lend them your tracking skills .
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#1498



Stan Goff: When I enlisted, and every time I re-enlisted afterward, I took this oath to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

It’s a pro forma exercise, or the entire military would have to go on strike — because in Vietnam, Guatemala, Grenada, El Salvador, Colombia, Peru, Somalia, and Haiti . . . others can chime in from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria . . . I never met a single enemy of the Constitution of the United States. In every single instance, I had one small role or another in prosecuting wars against poor people.

Somehow or another, people in the US constantly describe the actions of the military (and veterans) as “defending our freedom.” This is an interesting case of the Emperor having no clothes, given that in my own lifetime, the US has violently occupied Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, bombed people all around the world, and overthrown elected governments (Evo Morales was overthrown in a coup yesterday, so we’ll see where the hand of Uncle Sam is by and by . . . the old joke goes, “Why is there never a coup in Washington DC?” “Because there’s no US Embassy there.”).

Not once, not even once in all that time, has anything the US armed forces done at the behest of the ruling class been remotely connected to protecting American “freedom.” American hegemony? Yes. Profits? You bet. Access to exploitable people and land? That, too. Freedom? Nope.

I am a veteran. I am not one of your saints. I did not defend your freedom. I am not your hero. War is not glorious, it is the ultimate human obscenity.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#1499
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post




Stan Goff: When I enlisted, and every time I re-enlisted afterward, I took this oath to “protect and defend the Constitution of the United States.

It’s a pro forma exercise, or the entire military would have to go on strike — because in Vietnam, Guatemala, Grenada, El Salvador, Colombia, Peru, Somalia, and Haiti . . . others can chime in from Iraq, Afghanistan, and Syria . . . I never met a single enemy of the Constitution of the United States. In every single instance, I had one small role or another in prosecuting wars against poor people.

Somehow or another, people in the US constantly describe the actions of the military (and veterans) as “defending our freedom.” This is an interesting case of the Emperor having no clothes, given that in my own lifetime, the US has violently occupied Korea, Vietnam, Iraq, and Afghanistan, bombed people all around the world, and overthrown elected governments (Evo Morales was overthrown in a coup yesterday, so we’ll see where the hand of Uncle Sam is by and by . . . the old joke goes, “Why is there never a coup in Washington DC?” “Because there’s no US Embassy there.”).

Not once, not even once in all that time, has anything the US armed forces done at the behest of the ruling class been remotely connected to protecting American “freedom.” American hegemony? Yes. Profits? You bet. Access to exploitable people and land? That, too. Freedom? Nope.

I am a veteran. I am not one of your saints. I did not defend your freedom. I am not your hero. War is not glorious, it is the ultimate human obscenity.

Yet he re enlisted time and again .
 
Curious Cdn
No Party Affiliation
-1
#1500
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yet he re enlisted time and again .

He should be spat upon, right pigs?