Refugee Crisis

spilledthebeer
#961
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

British government denies reports that notorious killer kid will be sent to Canada
Canadian Press
Published:
September 3, 2019
Updated:
September 3, 2019 11:45 AM EDT
This handout photograph originally released by the Merseyside Police on February 20, 1993 shows the custody photograph of Jon Venables. One of Britain's most notorious killers, who in 1993 murdered two-year-old James Bulger when he was only 10 himself, has been charged over indecent images of children, state prosecutors said on January 5, 2018. Jon Venables served eight years in prison for the torture and murder of the toddler in the northwest English city of Liverpool, before being released with a new identity in 2001.HO / AFP/Getty Images
The British government has denied media reports that it is considering sending a child murderer to Canada to live under a new identity.
Several British media reported last week that Jon Venables would be sent to Canada because of the high cost of keeping his real identity a secret in the U.K.
A spokesman for Britain’s Justice Ministry calls those reports “categorically untrue.”
In 1993, a two-year-old boy was abducted from a shopping centre and beaten to death by Venables and Robert Thompson, who were both 10 years old at the time.
Notorious killer kid Venables hit with child porn charges, to be tried in private
LILLEY: Keep British child killer out of Canada
Is UK planning to ship notorious child killer Jon Venables here?
Thompson and Venables were convicted of murder and after spending eight years in youth custody were released in 2001 with new identities and a court order protecting their anonymity.
Conservative party Leader Andrew Scheer said in a tweet on Sunday that he found it “disturbing that this pedophile child killer might come to Canada.”
Disturbing that this pedophile child killer might come to Canada. Apparently this isn’t the first time this has come up.
As Prime Minister I won’t let him come here. Where does Trudeau stand?
Our country should not be a dumping ground for murderers, terrorists, and perverts. https://t.co/fGP5ZwRGWo
— Andrew Scheer (@AndrewScheer) September 1, 2019
“As prime minister I won’t let him come here. Where does Trudeau stand?” the tweet read. “Our country should not be a dumping ground for murderers, terrorists, and perverts.”
http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ey-Canada.html
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/bri...sent-to-canada




Yes- LIE-berals DO ENJOY showing their compassion and tolerance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!


LIE-berals are WORSE than peodophile Priests!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!


WE must forgive Venables for his despicable crime............................................


because forgiveness is good and anger is not...........................................





but we can NEVER TRUST Venables ever again.........................................


because he is mentally ill............................................... ..........


and to punish somebody for committing such a despicable crime....................................


because they have a DISEASED MIND is not fair as they cannot help themselves........................................ .


thus a LONG TERM of incarceration was JUSTIFIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!



The fact that Venables was released from jail and then discovered with Child Porn..................................


simply PROVES his mind is damaged...................................


and he must be taken into custody PERMANENTLY...............................


for the protection of society!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


On the plus side...........................................


LIE-berals will not make any decision on this CRAP....................................


until AFTER the election!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!


If they lose then the Venables problem........................................... .


as well as that of Isis Asshat Jihadi Jack claiming Cdn citizenship....................................... .........



WILL BOTH GO AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!


Thank you LIE-berals for such a POISONED LEGAL SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
 
spaminator
#962
Birth tourism in Canada makes staggering jump in 2018-19, up 13% from previous year
Postmedia News
Published:
September 17, 2019
Updated:
September 17, 2019 12:33 PM EDT
(Getty Images)
More pregnant moms from around the world than ever before are popping into Canada to have their child.
Birth tourism, which involves foreigners visiting Canada to have their child born here so it will gain instant citizenship, has gone through the roof in the past year, going up a whopping 13%, according to a report by CTV News.
And the increase in birth tourism — pregnant women posing as tourists — is becoming a national issue, according to one medical professional.
“This is going to be an issue Canadians are going to have to discuss,” Dr. Fiona Mattatal, a Calgary-based obstetrician and gynecologist, told CTV News. “Our system is not built to provide services (for) people (from) out of the country. I’m worried as someone in the health-care system, we are already dealing with cutbacks.
“(Birth tourism) is causing strain in the system, and we are helpless to do anything about it.”
The double-digit increase in non-resident births was discovered in data collected by the Canadian Institute for Health Information from hospitals across Canada, with the exception of Quebec. In the year ending March 2019, 4,099 non-resident births were recorded, more than triple the number (1,354) from 2010 and 13% more than the previous year.
Some of those births can be attributed to foreign students and non-residents in Canada for work reasons but Andrew Griffith, a fellow at the Environics Institute and the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, believes the majority involve birth tourism.
“It’s going up faster than immigration rates, faster than the overall population of Canada,” Griffith said in an interview with CTV News. “The laws were never intended for people to fly in and fly out.”
Canada is one of the few first-world countries to offer unconditional citizenship to children born here. Immigration brokers advertise that loophole in Canadian law, noting that citizens can get free education and travel here without a visa, in addition to sponsoring their parents to come here.
The CIHI data shows hospitals in Ontario and B.C. had the most non-resident births.
Richmond Hospital in B.C. had the most in 2018-19, recording 454 non-resident births during that time. That accounted for 23% of all births at the hospital.
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital in Richmond Hill, Ont., Birchmount Hospital in Toronto and St. Paul’s and Mount St. Joseph Hospital in Vancouver were also in the top 10.
http://ctvnews.ca/health/birth-touri...year-1.4594970
http://canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/child-birth-canada
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-previous-year
 
pgs
Free Thinker
#963
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

Birth tourism in Canada makes staggering jump in 2018-19, up 13% from previous year
Postmedia News
Published:
September 17, 2019
Updated:
September 17, 2019 12:33 PM EDT
(Getty Images)
More pregnant moms from around the world than ever before are popping into Canada to have their child.
Birth tourism, which involves foreigners visiting Canada to have their child born here so it will gain instant citizenship, has gone through the roof in the past year, going up a whopping 13%, according to a report by CTV News.
And the increase in birth tourism — pregnant women posing as tourists — is becoming a national issue, according to one medical professional.
“This is going to be an issue Canadians are going to have to discuss,” Dr. Fiona Mattatal, a Calgary-based obstetrician and gynecologist, told CTV News. “Our system is not built to provide services (for) people (from) out of the country. I’m worried as someone in the health-care system, we are already dealing with cutbacks.
“(Birth tourism) is causing strain in the system, and we are helpless to do anything about it.”
The double-digit increase in non-resident births was discovered in data collected by the Canadian Institute for Health Information from hospitals across Canada, with the exception of Quebec. In the year ending March 2019, 4,099 non-resident births were recorded, more than triple the number (1,354) from 2010 and 13% more than the previous year.
Some of those births can be attributed to foreign students and non-residents in Canada for work reasons but Andrew Griffith, a fellow at the Environics Institute and the Canadian Global Affairs Institute, believes the majority involve birth tourism.
“It’s going up faster than immigration rates, faster than the overall population of Canada,” Griffith said in an interview with CTV News. “The laws were never intended for people to fly in and fly out.”
Canada is one of the few first-world countries to offer unconditional citizenship to children born here. Immigration brokers advertise that loophole in Canadian law, noting that citizens can get free education and travel here without a visa, in addition to sponsoring their parents to come here.
The CIHI data shows hospitals in Ontario and B.C. had the most non-resident births.
Richmond Hospital in B.C. had the most in 2018-19, recording 454 non-resident births during that time. That accounted for 23% of all births at the hospital.
Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital in Richmond Hill, Ont., Birchmount Hospital in Toronto and St. Paul’s and Mount St. Joseph Hospital in Vancouver were also in the top 10.
http://ctvnews.ca/health/birth-touri...year-1.4594970
http://canadianimmigrationexperts.ca/child-birth-canada
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...-previous-year

Welcome to the Richmond General Hospital . The residents of Richmond have their babies at B.C. Women’s Hospital as the local is to busy servicing foreign customers .
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#964
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Welcome to the Richmond General Hospital . The residents of Richmond have their babies at B.C. Women’s Hospital as the local is to busy servicing foreign customers .

Americans from Tacoma without healthcare coverage, probably.
 
Blackleaf
#965
Quote: Originally Posted by spaminator View Post

British government denies reports that notorious killer kid will be sent to Canada
Canadian Press
Published:
September 3, 2019
Updated:
September 3, 2019 11:45 AM EDT
This handout photograph originally released by the Merseyside Police on February 20, 1993 shows the custody photograph of Jon Venables. One of Britain's most notorious killers, who in 1993 murdered two-year-old James Bulger when he was only 10 himself, has been charged over indecent images of children, state prosecutors said on January 5, 2018. Jon Venables served eight years in prison for the torture and murder of the toddler in the northwest English city of Liverpool, before being released with a new identity in 2001.HO / AFP/Getty Images
The British government has denied media reports that it is considering sending a child murderer to Canada to live under a new identity.
Several British media reported last week that Jon Venables would be sent to Canada because of the high cost of keeping his real identity a secret in the U.K.
A spokesman for Britain’s Justice Ministry calls those reports “categorically untrue.”
In 1993, a two-year-old boy was abducted from a shopping centre and beaten to death by Venables and Robert Thompson, who were both 10 years old at the time.
Notorious killer kid Venables hit with child porn charges, to be tried in private
LILLEY: Keep British child killer out of Canada
Is UK planning to ship notorious child killer Jon Venables here?
Thompson and Venables were convicted of murder and after spending eight years in youth custody were released in 2001 with new identities and a court order protecting their anonymity.
Conservative party Leader Andrew Scheer said in a tweet on Sunday that he found it “disturbing that this pedophile child killer might come to Canada.”
Disturbing that this pedophile child killer might come to Canada. Apparently this isn’t the first time this has come up.
As Prime Minister I won’t let him come here. Where does Trudeau stand?
Our country should not be a dumping ground for murderers, terrorists, and perverts. https://t.co/fGP5ZwRGWo
— Andrew Scheer (@AndrewScheer) September 1, 2019
“As prime minister I won’t let him come here. Where does Trudeau stand?” the tweet read. “Our country should not be a dumping ground for murderers, terrorists, and perverts.”
http://dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...ey-Canada.html
http://torontosun.com/news/crime/bri...sent-to-canada


If he gets sent there, the Canadians will get some idea of what life is like under EU free movement.
 
Blackleaf
#966
Canadians: "Those racist Little Englander Brexiteers want to end EU free movement and they want controls over who can and can't enter Britain!"

Then Canadians be like: "We don't want Jon Venables in our country. He brutally murdered a child in 1993 when he himself was only 10!"

So border controls are OK for Canada, but racist when Leavers want Britain to have them.
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#967
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

If he gets sent there, the Canadians will get some idea of what life is like under EU free movement.


Why the hell would he be sent to Canada; he's not a Canadian citizen, is he?
 
Blackleaf
#968
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

Why the hell would he be sent to Canada; he's not a Canadian citizen, is he?

We have many Romanian pickpockets in this country who aren't British.

It's seems to be racist when British Leavers want border controls, yet perfectly fine - indeed, sensible - when Canadians want them.

"Racist Little Englander Leave voters no longer want Romanian pickpockets and Hungarian kiddy fiddlers to be able to enter their country freely, at will. RACISTS!!!!"

"OH GOD! A British child murderer may come to live in Canada! We must prevent this!"

So controlling who can and can't enter the country is okay if you're Canadian but racist if you're British.
Last edited by Blackleaf; 3 weeks ago at 07:53 PM..
 
Serryah
Free Thinker
#969
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

We have many Romanian pickpockets in this country who aren't British.


What's that got to do with a British Citizen being sent to Canada?

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

It's seems to be racist when British Leavers want border controls, yet perfectly fine - indeed, sensible - when Canadians want them.


This isn't a matter of border control, but of wondering why the fuk a British citizen would be sent to Canada? Honestly I don't know, I mean, does he have dual citizenship with Canada or something?

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

"Racist Little Englander Leave voters no longer want Romanian pickpockets and Hungarian kiddy fiddlers to be able to enter their country freely, at will. RACISTS!!!!"


WTF are you talking about; what's any of that got to do with this?

Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

"OH GOD! A British child murderer may come to live in Canada! We must prevent this!"


If he's A BRITSH CITIZEN, then WHY would he be sent to Canada????


JFC, just answer the question dude.

So controlling who can and can't enter the country is okay if you're Canadian but racist if you're British.[/QUOTE]
 
spaminator
#970
LILLEY: Illegal border crossings on the rise, could become election issue
Brian Lilley
Published:
September 17, 2019
Updated:
September 18, 2019 2:14 PM EDT
A family approaches the unofficial border crossing at the end of Roxham Rd. in Champlain, N.Y. (Charles Krupa/AP)
The number of people crossing the border illegally in August went up once again compared to the same month in 2018.
According to the latest statistics, the RCMP intercepted 1,762 people in August — 1,722 of them crossing at one spot in Quebec. That’s an increase from 1,666 who crossed at the infamous Roxham Rd. border point in August, 2018.
Since Justin Trudeau made his infamous #WelcometoCanada tweet in January, 2017 in response to the Trump administration, more than 47,000 people have crossed illegally at Roxham Rd.
The unofficial or “irregular” border crossing has seen thousands of people arrive at the Canada-U.S. border, claiming asylum after arriving in New York from Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and elsewhere and making their way to seek refugee status in Canada.
The Trudeau Liberals continue to bristle at any use of the word “illegal” to describe those crossing the border. They point to Canada’s duty under international law to accept and process those who claim asylum.
Yet, signs posted by the Government of Canada clearly warn those looking to cross that it is illegal to do so and that they will be arrested. RCMP officers on the scene also make similar verbal warnings.
Since the illegal crossings spiked following Trudeau’s tweet, the government has done little to stem the tide.
E-mails to the Liberal campaign asking what they party’s policy was on this file were not answered.
The Conservative Party said in a statement that they are shocked by the August numbers and noted that July and August both saw increases.
“Clearly, the Liberal claim that this situation is under control is not as advertised,” said spokesman Simon Jeffries.
That’s fine, but what is the Conservative plan? So far the Liberals have denied there is a problem and attacked those who questioned the wisdom of allowing people to walk across from the United States at will to claim refugee status. Jeffries said the Conservatives will seek a permanent solution.
“Andrew Scheer and Canada’s Conservatives will close the loophole in the Safe Third Country Agreement, and instead, we will focus on helping the world’s most vulnerable who are languishing in refugee camps,” Jeffries said.
The Safe Third Country Agreement was designed to stop what amounted to refugee shopping between safe countries such as Canada and the United States. It says that you must apply as a refugee in the safe country you are in and if you present yourself at a border crossing, you will be turned back.
The loophole? The agreement only applies at official border crossings and not makeshift locations like Roxham Rd.
The Liberals have mused about amending the Safe Third Country agreement with the United States but then walked away when criticized by progressive groups that don’t think the agreement should exist let alone be amended.
So far, the issue of immigration and the border has yet to be raised in a significant way in this election, but it could be a sleeper issue.
LILLEY: Trudeau Liberals trade sunny ways for a campaign of fear
LILLEY: Trudeau offers false hope and empty promises on gun violence
LILLEY UNLEASHED: Trudeau’s gun control measures don’t make you any safer
The open border at Roxham Rd. has aggravated many in Quebec where the province and municipalities have had to pick up the extra costs to school, house and provide social services for the new arrivals from the U.S.
The Trudeau Liberals announced extra funding for Quebec just before the election to cover those costs, but refused a similar request from the Ford government in Ontario.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/column...election-issue
 
spaminator
#971
EDITORIAL: Trudeau’s still stiffing us for his refugee tab
Postmedia News
Published:
September 28, 2019
Updated:
September 28, 2019 5:01 PM EDT
A family from Haiti approach a tent in Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Quebec, stationed by Royal Canadian Mounted Police, as they haul their luggage down Roxham Road in Champlain, N.Y., on August 7, 2017. Charles Krupa / THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
While Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is trying to bribe us with our own money to win the election, perhaps he could promise to pay Toronto taxpayers what they’re owed for caring for thousands of refugee claimants that were the direct result of his policies.
Granted Trudeau’s election promises aren’t worth the paper they’re printed on.
For example, Trudeau’s promise during the 2015 election campaign that his government would have a $1 billion surplus this year, not the $19.8 billion deficit he projected in his latest budget.
In reality, whether he wins or loses on Oct. 21, Trudeau has already stuck the next federal government with a multi-million-dollar headache, which is paying for Toronto’s ongoing and growing tab for these refugee claimants (aka asylum seekers).
While the daily stories about thousands of them coming into Canada via so-called “unmanned” border crossings — actually they were manned and they were escorted into Canada — are no longer making headlines, the problem hasn’t gone away.
Nor have the increasing costs.
Currently there are 2,678 refugee claimants housed in Toronto’s emergency shelter system, 37% of all the available spaces, barely down from 40% last year.
For 2019, Trudeau has already stuck the City of Toronto with a $30 million tab for caring for them, given that the city’s anticipated costs will be $75.4 million this year, of which only $45.4 million has been reimbursed by the feds.
In 2017 and 2018, the feds provided $26 million to the city to defray the costs, $43.1 million short of what Toronto spent.
MALCOLM: Yes, there is such a thing as queue-jumping refugees
GOLDSTEIN: Trudeau’s immigration policies alarm many Canadians
This year the Trudeau government kicked in another $17 million to transfer asylum seekers to Peel and Durham regions and Hamilton, to ease some of the pressure on Toronto.
But the bottom line is that, as Mayor John Tory and council keep pointing out, the city is owed tens of millions of dollars by the deficit-ridden Trudeau government for providing emergency shelter services to asylum seekers.
Given that the Trudeau government’s go-to response to any criticism of its refugee and immigration policies is that those pointing out the flaws are racists, it’s difficult to engage Liberal politicians on these issues in any rational way.
We also question the wisdom of city council declaring Toronto a so-called sanctuary city in 2013 by a vote of 38-2 — with Ontario premier Doug Ford and the late Toronto mayor Rob Ford voting in favour, by the way — in which council reaffirmed “its commitment to ensuring access to services without fear, to immigrants without full status or without full status documents.”
It’s not that there are no legitimate asylum seekers, there are.
But if you don’t want to encourage people who aren’t legitimate asylum seekers to come to Toronto, then it’s a really bad idea to tell the world you won’t enforce Canada’s immigration laws if they get here.
http://torontosun.com/opinion/editor...is-refugee-tab
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#972
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Americans from Tacoma without healthcare coverage, probably.






Congratulations Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your latest comment sets a new record low............................


for IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
+2
#973
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Congratulations Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your latest comment sets a new record low............................


for IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Don't you be having a stroke, now.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#974
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Congratulations Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your latest comment sets a new record low............................


for IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!


Yep, when it seems things can't get any worse they do! But then that's fairly normal with certain people!
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#975
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Yep, when it seems things can't get any worse they do! But then that's fairly normal with certain people!

Don't you be stroking out either, Gramps.
 
spilledthebeer
#976
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Don't you be stroking out either, Gramps.








HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The OLD FART CALLING other people "Gramps"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!


Do you know who we are, old fart?????????????????????


Do you recall making other INANE remarks to us....................


from your Fortress of Senility down there in Oldfolksville???????????????????



How much REAL NEWS filters into your gated community of Oakville????????????????????


Do you remember ever reading a news paper in the recent past?????????????????????


Do you remember even having breakfast this morning????????????????????????


HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your memory...........................................


such as it is.....................................


is fixated on Joe Clark...........................................




Who??????????????????????????????????????????????? ??
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#977
You're on a roll, Murphy.


... a repeating piano roll.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#978
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

Congratulations Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Your latest comment sets a new record low............................


for IGNORANCE AND STUPIDITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!


You got to make allowances for him, he's getting panicky as the king of all ignoramuses is right on his tail.
 
spaminator
#979
Poll shows Trudeau offside with Canadians on border crossers
Brian Lilley
Published:
September 30, 2019
Updated:
September 30, 2019 6:01 PM EDT
Asylum seekers sit in front of their tent in a temporary camp, Tuesday, August 15, 2017 near Saint-Bernard-de-Lacolle, Que. Winterized trailers will soon be replacing the tents providing temporary shelter to asylum-seekers who have crossed the Quebec-U.S. border, even as the number of irregular border crossings continues to drop. THE CANADIAN PRESS/Paul Chiasson ORG XMIT: cpt106
When it comes to immigration, a new poll shows the Trudeau Liberals offside with a good number of Canadians.
Canadians remain supportive of immigration, the kind done through regular channels, but have big concerns when it comes to people crossing the border illegally at places like Roxham Rd. in Quebec. Those are the findings of a poll conducted by Dart Maru/Blue Voice of Canada Poll.
While Canadians give the Trudeau Liberals decent marks on the handling of regular channel immigrants and those who seek refugee status through normal channels, two-thirds think the government is doing a bad job of handling those who walk across at what the government calls “irregular points of entry.”
When asked if the government has done a good job dealing with “Those who are crossing Canada’s borders at unofficial points and claiming asylum,” 64% said no compared to 36% who said yes. The sentiment that the government was doing a bad job was highest in Alberta (76%), Quebec (65%) and Ontario (63%).
“A majority of Canadians view border crossing asylum from the United States as a damnable breach of our legal process and goodwill,” said pollster John Wright who added this is the area where the Trudeau government gets a failing grade.
Since January 2017 when Justin Trudeau posted his infamous #WelcometoCanada tweet, more than 50,000 people have crossed Canada’s border illegally from the United States to claim refugee status. More than 90% of those new arrivals cross a ditch between New York State and Quebec.
When Canadians were asked which part of the immigration system they want their political leaders focused on, 70% said those crossing illegally. That’s a level that cuts across all political parties.
The negative public sentiment to the government’s handling of this aspect of the immigration file is in contrast to how they view immigration and refugee acceptance through normal channels. Asked to rate the government’s handling of “Those who apply for and receive lawful immigration into Canada” and 69% said they are doing a good job. Another 55% said the government is doing a good job of handling the regular stream of refugees.
LILLEY: Trudeau should choose truth for a change
LILLEY: The real question in this election is personal
LILLEY: Trudeau campaign flounders in wake of blackface scandal
The area where the government may be in trouble is in their determination to boost the number of new immigrants taken in each year to 350,000 from just under 300,000 a few years ago. Asked about the number of immigrants Canada takes in each year 37% said too many, 32% just the right amount and 13% said not enough.
“By and large, Canadians are not anti-immigrant. That’s clear,” Wright said. “But they have not been given the clear narrative as to why we need more immigrants to catch up with our lower birth rate and a growing, aging population.”
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...order-crossers
 
spilledthebeer
+1
#980
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

You're on a roll, Murphy.


... a repeating piano roll.






HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Poor stupid Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Just another aging Silver Spoon Socialist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sitting pretty in his Oakville gated community......................................


smugly assuming he is IMMUNE to the messes LIE-berals are making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And just as smugly lecturing the rest of us on what our values SHOULD BE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


even though Curious WOULD BE OUTRAGED.......................................... ....


iuf people tried to ORDER HIM to alter his life to suit others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Curious demonstrates the CLASSIC LIE-beral arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


He sincerely believes that OTHERS should go SHORT..........................


just so that HIS PRIVILEGES can be maintained.............................


IN GOOD ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
spaminator
#981
Charity calls on Ottawa to rescue 25 Canadian kids trapped in Syria
Canadian Press
Published:
October 10, 2019
Updated:
October 10, 2019 6:42 PM EDT
Smoke rises from the Syrian town of Tal Abyad, in a picture taken from the Turkish side of the border near Akcakale, on Thursday, Oct. 10, 2019, on the second day of Turkey's military operation against Kurdish forces.Bulent Kilic / AFP via Getty Images
TORONTO — At least 25 “innocent” Canadian children are trapped in a refugee camp not far from where Turkey has launched a military offensive in northeastern Syria, an international charity said Thursday as it called on Ottawa to act now to rescue them.
Save the Children Canada, which has aid workers on the ground in Syria, said the kids are largely the offspring of Islamic State militants, and some of them are orphans, while others have only one parent.
“All children are innocent and punishing them where they were born or what circumstance they were born in is not our way,” said Bill Chambers, the group’s CEO.
“We believe they should be brought home and kept safe.”
The children are largely based in Al-Hawl, a refugee camp about 100 kilometres southeast of the border region where the Turkish incursion is underway. Many of the children have family members in Canada, Chambers said.
Turkey began a military offensive Wednesday into northern Syria against U.S.-backed Kurdish-led fighters of the Syrian Democratic Forces who are holding more than 10,000 Islamic State militants, including some 2,000 foreigners. There are over two dozen detention facilities in northeastern Syria.
Turkey’s president said Thursday his country would keep in custody Islamic State fighters who should be jailed while deporting others to their countries of origin — if they could accept them. Recep Tayyip Erdogan said women and children of the Islamic State group would go through “a rehabilitation program.”
Chambers said other counties such as Belgium, Italy, Australia, Germany and Denmark have all repatriated children caught up in the long-running conflict.
He said Save the Children has been in touch with the offices of Foreign Affairs Minister Chrystia Freeland and Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale over the years about the fate of the Canadian children in Syria, but nothing has changed.
Freeland on Wednesday condemned the Turkish incursion, saying the actions risked exacerbating the humanitarian problems that already exist in Syria.
Chambers said the three main camps where the children are held in northeastern Syria have not yet come under attack, but that could change.
“The situation is only going to get worse and some of (the children) really need both physical and mental health help,” Chambers said. “They are traumatized and have lived a completely insecure life.”
The conditions in the camps are dire, he added.
“There’s no health care to speak of, there isn’t enough water, there’s malnutrition, what education there is rudimentary and not something that will provide a future for anyone and that’s before any of this happened,” he said.
“It’s really a dreadful place to be a child. The worst.”
Bessma Momani, a professor of international affairs at the University of Waterloo, said all the children staying in camps in Syria need to get out.
“The camp conditions are certainly radicalizing the children, so the sooner we get them out, the better,” she said.
Momani said the Turkish incursion is just the beginning as she expects Turkey will try to control a corridor along the border that is free of Kurds. The assault could last for months, she said.
Ihsan Kaya, president of the Toronto Kurdish Community Centre, called Turkey’s assault “genocide.”
“We need the world to open its eyes, but nobody cares,” he said in an interview.
The internet and phone lines have been taken down and Kurds in Canada cannot contact their family and friends in Syria, he said.
“It’s just more Kurdish blood being spilled and no one will do anything,” Kaya said.
http://torontosun.com/news/national/...apped-in-syria
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#982
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Poor stupid Comrade Curious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Just another aging Silver Spoon Socialist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Sitting pretty in his Oakville gated community......................................


smugly assuming he is IMMUNE to the messes LIE-berals are making!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


And just as smugly lecturing the rest of us on what our values SHOULD BE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,


even though Curious WOULD BE OUTRAGED.......................................... ....


iuf people tried to ORDER HIM to alter his life to suit others!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Curious demonstrates the CLASSIC LIE-beral arrogance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


He sincerely believes that OTHERS should go SHORT..........................


just so that HIS PRIVILEGES can be maintained.............................


IN GOOD ORDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


You get that impression too, eh?
 
HarperCons
#983
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

Always nice to hear from the mental health community.

a native genocide-denier, there's a new one.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
-1
#984
Quote: Originally Posted by HarperCons View Post

a native genocide-denier, there's a new one.


Did you check the date on that post? Recycle it!