What Are You Watching Right Now?

Blackleaf
The Ricky Gervais Show

The Earth

In this episode of the hilarious, unscripted British comedy series in which the record-breaking podcasts of Ricky Gervais, Karl Pilkington and Stephent Merchant have been animated and brought to the screen, Karl contemplates the beginnings of the Universe, evolution, recycling and toilets abroad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=ImR3uMV2MZM

The English

Ricky, Stephen and Karl discuss the essence of Englishness, and Karl says that if he could be any other nationality he would like to be Italian.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf2Ob...yer_detailpage

MHz
+1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHq87...87F2fS-s#t=255

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjaqr...024CA&index=19

gopher
+1
WWE

Big pay per view show is approaching this Sunday and there was quite a show on tonight.

gopher
+1
Australian Open tennis - beautiful Maria Sharapova is screeching away & looking good

B00Mer
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Australian Open tennis - beautiful Maria Sharapova is screeching away & looking good

gopher
+1
^ that must be a fan of Andy Murray or of someone else in ATP

Mowich
+1
19 - 2

Riveting. Made more so by the exclusion of commercial interruptions. You are able to follow the entire episode from commencement to conclusion without any loss of tension. And there is a lot of that. This episode is about a shooting at a high school primarily detailing the two primary responding police officers as they encounter the shooter then follow as he continues to elude them taking more lives as he does so. In the aftermath of the shooter's take-down, the effect on the officer who shot him is immediate and intense.

If well produced police dramas interest you, this one is worth the watch.

"'You're getting the visceral, human experience of being in that school,' says showrunner Bruce M. Smith."

Adrian Holmes and Jared Keeso in the Season 2 premiere of Bravo's 19-2.

"19-2 isn’t your average cop drama. It’s a gripping (and often heartbreaking) social commentary on the real life of a beat cop working the streets in Montreal, shot in a documentary style.

That tradition is upheld in Monday’s Season 2 opener (Bravo at 10 p.m., repeating Tuesday at 10 p.m. on CTV) with an episode that includes 60 of the most breathtaking minutes on television as stars Jared Keeso and Adrian Holmes, and the rest of the cast, enter a school where a shooter is on the loose and targeting random kids.

It includes a 13-minute non-stop rolling shot (across several rooms in a two-storey building) that puts the famed rolling shot from True Detective to shame.

“Your experience is to go through it intimately with the characters,” says showrunner and executive producer Bruce M. Smith. “It’s not watching a video game of people getting shot. You don’t know what’s going on. You’re going through the experience in real time, so you’re getting the visceral, human experience of being in that school.”

More - 19-2 season opener on Bravo tackles school shooting | Toronto Star

Mowich
Raising of the Costa Concordia on Nova. Amazing engineering feat.

gopher
+1
local news & weather

gopher
+1
watched WTA rounds in Australian Open and ODI cricket as New Zealand was kicking around Sri Lanka real badly

MHz
How lies get promoted as the truth.

gopher
+1
watching the Williams sisters in the AO - in the chat room I was in everyone remarked about the great endurance the girls have had -- what is especially notable is how they now preserve their energy when playing in that hot Aussie weather; by contrast, their less experienced opponents burned out in the heat

hopefully, Serena will finish out with a win just like Venus did ....

gopher
+1
St John's & Duke in college bball

Coach K going for his 1000th win but I'm hoping against hope that the Red Storm will win it.

Ludlow
Some old sh*t. Dennis the Menace I think. Cause i'm an old sh*t

Mowich
We are Marshall.

I don't normally watch football movies but I will watch just about anything that Matthew McConaughey is in and this movie was so worth the viewing.

gopher
+1
just watched the Royal Rumble wrestling show - glad to see Roman Reigns as the next contender for the world title but was disappointed that the crowd in Philadelphia did not appreciate his win

MHz
I would say manners but that would be a lie and I haven't yet so why start now. Black Sails season 2 in pirated version of course. (it's a line, I am supposed to say for the sake of the NSA expense machine)

gopher
+1
Pianist Marcus Roberts | Interviews | Tavis Smiley | PBS

here is an example of this gifted man's work:

[youtube]87xR7OZ2BQ4[/youtube]

Bravissimo!

eh1eh

Mowich
It's a good thing nothing else is happening in the world tonight as CNN is far too busy showing their reporters braving the blizzard and doing their very best to make it seem about 10 times worse then it appears to be - at this stage anyway.

Blackleaf
David Starkey's Magna Carta

In its 800th year, historian David Starkey looks at the origins of the Magna Carta

We take our liberties for granted. They seem absolute and untouchable. But they are the result of a series of violent struggles fought over 800 years that, at times, have threatened to tear our society apart. On the frontline was a document originally inked on animal skin - Magna Carta.

Distinguished constitutional historian David Starkey looks at the origins of the Great Charter, created in 1215 to check the abuses of King John - and how it nearly died at birth. He explores its subsequent deployment, its contribution to making everyone - even the monarch - subject to the rule of law, and how this quintessentially English document migrated to the North American colonies and eventually became the foundation of the US constitution.

Magna Carta has become a universal symbol of individual freedom against the tyranny of the state, but with ever-tightening government control on our lives, is it time to resurrect it?

Starkey has a special encounter with an original Magna Carta manuscript at the British Library, one of only four from 1215 to survive. He also examines other unique medieval manuscripts that trace the tumultuous history of Magna Carta, the Article of the Barons listing their demands in June 1215, and the papal bull declaring Magna Carta null and void less than two months after it was sealed.

Watch it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b05139m4/david-starkeys-magna-carta

Blackleaf
The Office

Series 1, Episode 4 (2001)

"Training"

It is staff training day at Wernham Hogg, and an outside facilitator, Rowan, has come to educate the Slough branch about customer care. David is determined to undermine him at every opportunity by offering unhelpful suggestions and needless interruptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...yt-cl=84924572

Ludlow
Attack of the killer fu**in tomatos a classic.

gopher
+1
Beautiful Maria Sharapova in Aussie Open semis

earlier, watched NY Devils win in shoot out over Toronto

gopher
+1
Montreal > Ranger 1-0

good game - much intensity in this Original Six match = but depressing ending as Pacioretty scored a late goal

gotta hand it to both teams for a very intense effort & good officiating as well

Blackleaf
The Office

Series 2 (2002)

Episode 1 - "Merger"

The Slough branch has remained open, and the transferred Swindon employees are due in. Brent meets his new boss, Neil, and hates him instantly. David performs a stand-up routine to impress the new employees, which fails miserably. Worse for Brent, Neil is funny and likeable, and makes a joke at David's expense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?x-yt-cl...yer_detailpage

Ludlow
Got off of work early today and went down to the Walmart and bought the movie Noah with Russell Crowe, one of my favorite actors. It's not bad good special effects.

Sal
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Ludlow View Post

Got off of work early today and went down to the Walmart and bought the movie Noah with Russell Crowe, one of my favorite actors. It's not bad good special effects.

I'll check it out

I am shortly going to go and indulge in Season 3 Sons of Anarchy...I am enjoying this program immensely

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsccPMFFWZw

wine is poured and popcorn is popping...lol

Ludlow
It's a diversion from reality for a spell. That's what movies and stories are good for. Takes the mind off of the mundane things of every day life. Even if just for a little while.

gopher
+1
Pitt > NJD 2-1

rugby 9s

boxing

loads of good action tonight