Just Wondering

Tecumsehsbones
+1
#1
If hating immigrants is an American value, then why is...



on the base of the Statue of Liberty?
 
lone wolf
Free Thinker
+1
#2
What do you think slums are for: C E Winchester
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If hating immigrants is an American value, then why is...



on the base of the Statue of Liberty?

That plaque is from the old days when immigrants weren't as dark. Get with the times leftard
 
TenPenny
+2
#4  Top Rated Post
If hating immigrants is an American virtue, why do they have an immigrant as the new incoming First Lady?
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
#5
America doesn't hate immigrants. Some just wish they weren't as dark as they have been in recent years
 
davesmom
+1
#6
Maybe because most of those 'huddled masses yearning to breathe free' aren't migrating to 'breathe free' but to promote division and chaos in their adopted nation.
I don't think most people hate immigrants. They hate immigrants who want to change the culture lifestyle to suit themselves.
People probably hate more the authorities that keep bringing in more immigrants for whom the systems are not adequate to service.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
+1
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

I don't think most people hate immigrants.

No, just those that voted Trump.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

I don't think most people hate immigrants.

You've made it pretty damn clear you do.
 
JLM
No Party Affiliation
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If hating immigrants is an American value, then why is...



on the base of the Statue of Liberty?


Maybe it's not, perhaps "hating immigration" would be more accurate, not due to the immigrants but due to the A$$holes in the immigration dept.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
+2
#10
Nothing wrong with immigration or immigrants.

Lots wrong with illegal immigration and immigrants who will not attempt to assimilate to society.

Does that clear it up?
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#11
I'm going for Chinese smorg today. I'm going to tell the prick that owns the place to assimilate or go the fack home....also, stop using the word smorg. The Norwegian immigrants are getting pissy about that
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#12
Illegal immigrants hating illegal immigrants - only in North America you say...
or should I say; white illegal immigrants hating brown illegal immigrants?
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Illegal immigrants hating illegal immigrants - only in North America you say...
or should I say; white illegal immigrants hating brown illegal immigrants?

Your communist propaganda gets silier every day
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Illegal immigrants hating illegal immigrants - only in North America you say...
or should I say; white illegal immigrants hating brown illegal immigrants?

White man isn't illegal. We bought the place fair and square.
 
davesmom
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

White man isn't illegal. We bought the place fair and square.


I don't know if I'd say 'fair and square' () but it's ours by hook or by crook.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

White man isn't illegal. We bought the place fair and square.

Quote: Originally Posted by davesmom View Post

I don't know if I'd say 'fair and square' () but it's ours by hook or by crook.

Funny how a couple of white racist Trump supporters agree that America belongs to the white man...yet can't understand why Trump bothers people.
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Funny how a couple of white racist Trump supporters agree that America belongs to the white man...yet can't understand why Trump bothers people.

That's President-elect Trump!
 
Locutus
#18
'immigrant'. Lol



anyway...hey kids, how about getting in line, not jumping the queue and waiting your goddamn turn. and hey, do you mind if we kinda vet you a little given these uncertain times?

if it's a problem for you and your entitled puss, then go elsewhere.

but if we're really talking border-jumpers, illegal fukkin' sneak-in'ers...then choke and die.

have a nice day though.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

That's President-elect Trump!

Trump's racist views are unpalatable to non-racists regardless of his title
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Trump's racist views are unpalatable to non-racists regardless of his title

Wanting illegal aliens deported and supporting legal immigrants is not racist. Shame you don't have the intelligence to differentiate. Common problem among NDP supporters like you
 
Tecumsehsbones
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Wanting illegal aliens deported and supporting legal immigrants is not racist. Shame you don't have the intelligence to differentiate. Common problem among NDP supporters like you

And yet we still won't do the one, and only, thing that will keep illegal aliens out. Go figure.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Wanting illegal aliens deported and supporting legal immigrants is not racist.

You're being a simpleton again. Keep up the good work. I'm going to make some popcorn
 
PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

You're being a simpleton again. Keep up the good work. I'm going to make some popcorn

Get help with that. People with an IQ as low as yours should be playing with appliances
 
Tecumsehsbones
#24
People with Wonderlic scores like yours should be playing with themselves.
 
Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

Get help with that. People with an IQ as low as yours should be playing with appliances

http://forums.canadiancontent.net/fu...ck-anthem.html

Hehehehe
 
Machjo
#26
I've been researching Canadian nationalism lately. Scarily enough, it looks like we have a nationalist party already:

Nationalist Party of Canada

In my opinion, all of Canada's main political parties are hard nationalist in one way or another already and have been since confederation. But from what I've been reading on the site linked above, it looks like this new party is ten times worse.

As the Canadian political divide shifts increasingly from a left-right divide to a natioanlist-universalist divide, it might be time for a more universalist party to emerge. With most Canadians sitting on the very-moderate left of the political spectrum, we might need some kind of social democratic or even more specifically social-corporatist party to take up than banner. With the US being mostly moderate right, it might need some kind of liberal corporatist party to pick up that banner. But both countries need some kind of universalist party to counter the rise of ultra-nationalism.
 
Ludlow
No Party Affiliation
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If hating immigrants is an American value, then why is...



on the base of the Statue of Liberty?

Emma Lazarus. I'd ask the same question.
 
Mowich
Conservative
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

If hating immigrants is an American value, then why is...



on the base of the Statue of Liberty?

When I first read the inscription during a history class in grade school and came across the 'wretched refuse' part, I remember wondering why the U.S. would want to take some one's garbage. My teacher explained the term to us but I still thought it was a rather strange way of describing a group of people.
 
Tecumsehsbones
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by Mowich View Post

When I first read the inscription during a history class in grade school and came across the 'wretched refuse' part, I remember wondering why the U.S. would want to take some one's garbage. My teacher explained the term to us but I still thought it was a rather strange way of describing a group of people.

Because we believed that the "wretched refuse," the poor, the indebted, the peasants, the laborers, the people that the Industrial Revolution owners and the aristocrats had no use for, could, if given freedom and opportunity, be extraordinary.

I hope it's still true. I really do.
 
EagleSmack
#30
T-Bones you voted for Trump and was a big supporter..... why all the saltiness?
 

Similar Threads

29
Wondering Why
by justsayin | Mar 27th, 2011
0
The Wondering Who
by darkbeaver | Sep 3rd, 2008
2
Wondering?
by china | Apr 9th, 2008
4
I was wondering
by Said1 | Jun 9th, 2006