Why is this not Manslaughter or Negligence causing Death

Goober
This case is a clear problem and another example of a dysfunctional Judicial System - And Laws passed by Parliament.

This women is dead - Why - This Dr should be in Prison. But Doctors are well protected in Canada.

Krista Stryland fatal liposuction case: Toronto anesthesiologist's 'mistakes were multiple' | Posted Toronto | National Post

The misconduct of a Toronto anesthesiologist involved in the case of Krista Stryland, who died four years ago after a routine liposuction procedure, was so egregious as to warrant revocation of his medical license, a disciplinary panel heard Friday.

Not only did Bruce Liberman fail in his duty to care for 32-year-old Ms. Stryland, but he has since shown a remarkable lack of insight into his deficiencies, argued Lisa Spiegel, a lawyer for the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons.

“Dr. Liberman’s mistakes were multiple, continuous and demonstrated a pattern of mismanagement and profound lapses of judgement,” she argued on the final day of Dr. Liberman’s penalty hearing.

In addition to asking that his license be revoked, Ms. Spiegel urged the college to issue a public reprimand and order the doctor to pay more than $60,000 in hearing costs

And this Puke Lawyer says the Dr has suffered enough. Not.

The doctor’s lawyer, who will deliver closing arguments Friday afternoon, says his client has already suffered significantly thanks to media scrutiny of the case and the “evisceration” of Dr. Liberman’s practice by the college’s interim suspension order.

The doctor who performed the mother-of-one’s liposuction has also been found guilty of misconduct and is awaiting the outcome of a separate penalty hearing.

Johnnny
Of course our countries justice system is ****ed, My buddy killed someone in Alberta and only got 4 years.....

gerryh
Ok, How has this got anything to do with our judicial system and the laws passed by Parliament?

DurkaDurka
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Ok, How has this got anything to do with our judicial system and the laws passed by Parliament?

Well, if one can prove criminal negligence and not just professional misconduct...

Goober

Negligence causing death.

gerryh
+1
#6  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Negligence causing death.

Quote: Originally Posted by DurkaDurka View Post

Well, if one can prove criminal negligence and not just professional misconduct...

This was a hearing at the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons. It was NOT a criminal trial. The Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons have no authority to prosecute criminal charges. You want to know about the why's and why not's of criminal charges, ask the local Crown attorney as to why Liberman was not charged and prosecuted. Untill the Crown actually prefers charges, you can't be blaming the judiciary or Parliament for anything.

Tell me goober, would you have preferred that the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons NOT revoke his license?

Goober

This was a hearing at the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons. It was NOT a criminal trial. The Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons have no authority to prosecute criminal charges. You want to know about the why's and why not's of criminal charges, ask the local Crown attorney as to why Liberman was not charged and prosecuted. Untill the Crown actually prefers charges, you can't be blaming the judiciary or Parliament for anything.

Tell me goober, would you have preferred that the Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons NOT revoke his license?

Why is the Crown not investigating - Why - because Dr's are rarely prosecuted for negligence. That is why. It is to often a common occurrence.

gerryh

Why is the Crown not investigating - Why - because Dr's are rarely prosecuted for negligence. That is why. It is to often a common occurrence.

Then why don't you contact the OPP and or Crown Council and inquire about it?

and while you're at it, you can then blame those who are REALLY responsible for the lack of prosecution.

Goober

Then why don't you contact the OPP and or Crown Council and inquire about it?

and while you're at it, you can then blame those who are REALLY responsible for the lack of prosecution.

Troll away.

gerryh

Troll away.

and how am I trolling? It was YOU that made the comment about Parliament and the judiciary in an OP that you posted that was ONLY about Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons sanctions against a Doctor. If anyone is trolling it is you since your statement had NOTHING to do with the article that you posted.

Goober

and how am I trolling? It was YOU that made the comment about Parliament and the judiciary in an OP that you posted that was ONLY about Ontario College of Physicians and Surgeons sanctions against a Doctor. If anyone is trolling it is you since your statement had NOTHING to do with the article that you posted.

Guess everything has to be explained in simple terms for you. Myself I give most posters on this forum the credit to figure things out. And yes they do.

But as you are special I will when i feel lke it make sure all the dots are connected else you lose your way, or I will spread breadcrumbs.

Now troll away.