Welcome to NHL Hockey!

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There's not much that spurs a team on more than a loss, especially an embarrassing loss!

yes, and i would like to have been a fly on the wall when 'mike babcock' had his little get to gether with
them the next morning, whew, they would have stood to attention, and been very quiet.

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

There's not much that spurs a team on more than a loss, especially an embarrassing loss!

Except for the Maple Laffs

talloola
well, looks like dallas is about done, they just lost to st. louis, 3-0, sitting with 74 pts, a huge
climb to ever get into the playoffs now, a hard pill to swallow, too bad segiun was injured by that
dirty hit, A few weeks ago, but thats the way it goes.

nashville was leading anaheim 2-0 end of first, but when the game ended it was 4-2
anaheim.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 15th, 2015 at 10:50 PM..

talloola
l.a. plays arizona tonight, with a win, the bottom of the w. conf. juggles yet again, and l.a. will
be inside top 8.

we will probably see this happening a few times before the dust settles, 4 teams trying to fit
themselves inside the last 3 spots, and of course 1 will be out in the cold eventually.

canucks have a tough schedule heading toward the end of the season, so they have their work cut
out for them, and if they are one of those teams inside top 8 at the end, it will be very
deserving, as they will have some tough wins under their belt.

markstrom went to new york for a couple of games, played 2, won 2 with one shut out, so i'm assuming
he will play sunday in arizona, he should do better this time around.

edmonton plays toronto, someone called it 'the clash of the titans', whew, don't want to miss this one,
but on a serious note, two teams in their position 'can' have a great game, very well matched, and
neither one wants to lose against the other for obvious reasons.

talloola
well edmonton disposed of toronto quite easily, scored 4 goals in the first period, toronto scored 1
and it stayed that way till the end.

l.a. ahead of arizona 1-0 end of 2nd, they just scored that one goal late in the 2nd.

final score 1-0 kings, so they are tied with calgary for 3rd in division.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 17th, 2015 at 12:03 AM..

gopher
+1
NJ Devils > Pitt 2-0

great work at goal by Cory Schneider = stopped 35 shots for his 97th career win

I especially liked the work of the referees tonight in that they made few penalty calls - as always, they should just let the players police themselves and figure out the result of the game. Makes for a far better game, I always say. Let's hope we see more of that as the season ends and the playoffs commence.

talloola
minn over nash - 3-2

winn over s jose 5-2

chic over islan 4-1

st. l over calg 4-0

vanc over phill 4-1

san jose are beginning to sag, winnipeg took it to them tonight, and a big win for the peg, which they
needed

chic looked very strong over islanders

calgary lost a very important game for them, didn't do their usual 3rd period comeback, can't depend
on that happening at this time of the season

vancouver over philly, looked touch and go till the 3rd period, As philly was
getting good chances for goals, was the better team in the first period, game was quite even in the second, lack was great,then burrows reminded us how he can
put the puck in the net, two goAls 17 seconds apart, and philly couldn't come back, lack again
was very strong, made some excellent saves.

great celebration tonight for pAt quinn, they did it up right, and now he has a street named after
him As well.

good that canucks won, but no breathing room, they must push on, and keep it going.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 18th, 2015 at 12:24 AM..

gopher
+1
Chicago > Rangers 1-0

Former Rangers Brad Richards gave his old mates a payback by scoring the winning goal. Not much drive in the Blues offense tonight but that was likely attributable to the Hawks puck control. As before, it was good that the refs did not engage in overkill by calling too many penalties and by allowing the players to police themselves.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Chicago > Rangers 1-0

Former Rangers Brad Richards gave his old mates a payback by scoring the winning goal. Not much drive in the Blues offense tonight but that was likely attributable to the Hawks puck control. As before, it was good that the refs did not engage in overkill by calling too many penalties and by allowing the players to police themselves.

yes, i watched their last game, 1-0 rangers, and tonight 1-0 hawks, not too much difference in these
two teams.

watching anaheim play l.a., same story, 1-0 l.a. thru 2 periods, last time they played, same story.

shows how these top teams are playing playoff hockey right now, good defense, good goalkeeping.

talloola
i watched edmonton play columbus last night, they outshot columbus 40 something to 20, they just didn't
score, had many good chances, wondered why some of them didn't go in, no puck luck sometimes.
they played well.

l.a. got 1 point against anaheim, lost in overtime.

talloola
this game tonight, has been wAiting to happen. last two games i didn't really like how canucks played,
but they managed those gAmes ok, and the cover for their miscues was 'lack', but tonight, after they
had their great first period, with no luck at all, hence no goals, then their game began to shrivel
and so did lack's game, so he didn't cover for them tonight, so their poor play wAs exposed big time.

good lesson to learn here, now they must gather themselves together, brush themselves off, and start
fresh.

this is not a great team, don't forget it is a mix of ahl players, rookies, veterans, And middle of
the road good players, in the middle of transition this year, so all we really are asking them to
do is 'make' the playoffs, and they still can, but they still can miss them too.

a game like this can wake them up, make them see the reality in front of them, And the other teams
who are fighting to mAke the playoffs are in the same position, so this is a group of four teams
trying to fit themselves into 3 spots, one will be left out.

no surprise here for me, i have expected an ending like this all along, there is no way any cAnuck
fans should have been expecting them to cruise into the playoffs this year, it is a struggle and
will take a lot of hard work.

winnipeg won tonight over st. louis, great game

calgary won tonight over the flyers

san jose over toronto

washington over minnesota

colorado over arizona

gopher
+1
NJ Devils > Buffalo 3-1

as often happens the last five minutes of the online stream disappeared and I missed the end of the game - luckily I did see all the scoring

bill barilko

NJ Devils > Buffalo 3-1

as often happens the last five minutes of the online stream disappeared and I missed the end of the game - luckily I did see all the scoring

You're using the wrong website.

talloola
calgary just lost on overtime.3-2 OT

minnesota defeated st. louis - 6-3

vancouver defeated l.a. 4-1

winnipeg defeated washington 3-0

good game by canucks, just one lack of dicipline gliche and that was hamhuis retaliating on brown, cost
canucks first goal against.

canucks stuck with a good game on the defensive side of the puck, as that is l.a.s strength. lack

played a great game, along with quick. the vrbata goal was sweet, a very fine shot from almost on

the goalline.

another goal on the 5 min. major, with burrows slambed into the boards, went off t he ice very

groggy, and just before that, lack saved a breakaway shot by taffoli, who served the 5 min major and

the game misconduct.

i thought bonino had a good game, as he has 'not' played well of late, even the faceoffs improved

as the game went along.

2 empty net goals for canucks, as the score would have been 2-1 without them,

a low scoring game, just as i thought it would be, empty net goals are just

icing on the cake, and fun to see.
canucks dug in after that second goal, and never looked back, this victory will keep

them in second spot in the division, and keeps l.a. worried about their possible elimination from

playoffs somewhere along the way, but i don't think they will be eliminated, but none of the teams trying

to stay inside 8th spot want to be left out, so it will be tough.

canucks play arizona tomorrow at 5, but they are also playing today, so both teams will have a

back to back situation tomorrow.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 21st, 2015 at 08:37 PM..

gopher
+1
Rangers win in shootout over Carolina Canes 3-2

very tight game - lots of playoff style intensity

bill barilko
The Sharks aren't the team they once were- a half step slow and a second behind the play.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

The Sharks aren't the team they once were- a half step slow and a second behind the play.

yes, i just watched the lAtter pArt of their game, cary price is Awsome, And i agree, san jose just
isn't what they should be, And the latest squabbles sure don't help, i think they are pretty well
out of it now, and i wonder if at the end of the season, g.m. will be fired.

darkbeaver
What's with this Las Vegas rumour guys?

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

a las vegas group has sent out feelers to find out how interested people are to buy season tickets if an nhl

team were to come to their city, and the nhl is interested as well, but there is no confirmation

of anything happening as yet, and bettman sAid that nothing has been signed or confirmed at all,

it might or might not happen.

Cannuck
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

The Yotes will relocate to Vegas. The league wants a presence in the SW and phoenix is a bust. The Canadians in Phoenix are generally seniors and don't want to spend their money. Canadians in Vegas are there to spend money.

Went to a Jets/Yotes game in Phoenix in January. Scalpers were getting $25/ticket for great seats.

Kreskin
I didn't see the game today. While working I followed the game summary on TSN. What stood out for me was Alex Edler over 25 minutes ice time and was +2 with 8 shots on goal. The guy was a horse.

talloola
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

I didn't see the game today. While working I followed the game summary on TSN. What stood out for me was Alex Edler over 25 minutes ice time and was +2 with 8 shots on goal. The guy was a horse.

yes, what a total reverse from last year, when he was one of the highest minuses in the nhl, willie has
brought back his confidence and fun for the game, and i like him a lot this season, he is a horse, and very
dependable.
even under vineault he never had the confidence in himself, and made mistakes because he seemed worried about
making mistakes, now he is a more take charge player.

gopher
+1
Rangers 7-2 > Anaheim

complete game did it for the Broadway Blues who now sit atop their conference

all this success without their top goalie & it shows the depth of their lineup

talloola

Rangers 7-2 > Anaheim

complete game did it for the Broadway Blues who now sit atop their conference

all this success without their top goalie & it shows the depth of their lineup

rangers are full steam ahead right now, mAde anaheim look very ordinary, i was kind of hoping
cory perry would have scored another goal, would have given him 4 hat tricks for the season.

smith in goal for arizona tonight Against canucks, did make the game difficult, as he was playing
excellent and he is also huge, very hard to score on, canucks had 4 goal posts, scored
on two of them, which turned out to be enough, and added an empty netter to win the game 3-1
cAnucks played well, had lots of shots on arizona, and arizona also played a good game, those
teams that are out of the playoffs do play with a different attitude, 'yeah we can beat these
guys, who cares if they are going to be in the playoffs, (maybe)', And they play hard, have
fun, dare you to beat them, and show their coaches that they should make the team again next season.

winnipeg in vancouver on tuesday
Last edited by talloola; Mar 23rd, 2015 at 12:28 AM..

gopher
+1
Kings > NJD 3-1

Kings had many more SOGs and dominated play completely

hopefully, Devils can bounce back and finish out the season on a winning note

talloola

Kings > NJD 3-1

Kings had many more SOGs and dominated play completely

hopefully, Devils can bounce back and finish out the season on a winning note

the kings Are now in desperation mode, need wins badly, still in 9th spot, As calgAry won
tonight, and winnipeg will win their game too.

now canucks are being pressured again, need to win tomorrow to stay ahead of their counterparts
who are pushing from right behind. pretty exciting finish to this regulation season.
ottawa won again, now ahead of boston.

gopher
+1
Kings whipped the puny Rangers 4-2 who just cannot handle the physical teams.

If it had not been for the good work of their goalie the score would have had a much wider margin.

Rangers give up the puck on power play by their idiotic dump-and-chase which never works. Then, they are just too puny at the crease and never get any deflections for goals.

talloola

Kings whipped the puny Rangers 4-2 who just cannot handle the physical teams.

If it had not been for the good work of their goalie the score would have had a much wider margin.

Rangers give up the puck on power play by their idiotic dump-and-chase which never works. Then, they are just too puny at the crease and never get any deflections for goals.

l.a. being the stanley cup champions, cAme to play the team they beat out last year in the finals.

l.a. and most of the western conference play a better defensive game than the
east, not as wide open, more structured to a 200 ft. game, and in the playoffs
that is the key.

l.a. rose to the occasion, needed the win, got the win, and yes they are bigger and more physical,
but rangers are right near the top of the nhl, and have been up there most of the
season, so there is absolutely nothing puny about them at
all, but sutter has his team starting to remember what they did in the playoffs lAst season, and
it seems to be working, they left new york rangers a message, just in case they meet up again this
year.
somehow l.a. scored 4 goals, which is odd for them, they have trouble scoring goAls, but not tonight,
they found another gear, and the western conference standings teams better watch out, because they
are not going away easily, or maybe not at all.

minn over islanders 2-1 SO
St. louis over pitts - 3-2 OT
Colum. over anaheim - 5-3
ariz over detroit - 5-4 OT
nash over mont - 3-2 OT
Vanc over Winnipeg - 5-2

interesting scores tonight for sure.

minnesota just keeps rolling along, playing good hockey as i thought they would all year, but they did
get started late, i do think they have one of the best teams in the NHL

Det is struggling - not the powerhouse they use to be

winnipeg came out guns a blazing in the first period, they played last night, so were obviously trying
to get the big lead, and gave it all they had in the first period and were ahead 2-0

but they were not quite as gung ho in the second, and vancouver came on, 3 nice goals to go ahead
3-2 by the end of the 2nd.

held that lead all thru the 3rd, then potted 2 empty netters to seal the deal

can't forget the stellar saves lack made, not a huge amount of shots against
him, but he made several very difficult saves, which could have changed the
game for sure.

a huge win again for the canucks, keeps them from dropping into the mess with the rest of them, but
its sure not over yet, anything can still happen, but they are doing well and willie and his team
aren't letting teams ahead of them at this point.

avalanche are in vancouver on thursday.
one of my favourite players of all time, jerome aginla in town, he is having a very good season, still looks
like an elite player, and i'm sure he's having fun playing with all those young guys. lots of talent
on that team, they slipped a bit this year, but don't kid yourself , they are a good team, and next
year they will be back into a playoff spot for sure. excellent goalie, varlamov.
Last edited by talloola; Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:48 AM..

talloola
anaheim over boston - 3-2 OT
l.a. over islanders - 3-2
san jose over det. - 6-4
nashv. over t.bay - 3-2
winn. over montreal - 5-2
col. over vanc'r - 4-1

just to add that the balloon has burst for ottawa, as rangers def. them. 5-1

vancouver played a terrible game, no excuse for that kind of play at this time of the season, when
every game is crucial, however, its their funeral, i'm going to have tea and toast And sleep well. lol

lack played well, or score could have been much higher than 4-1

talloola
minn over calgary- 4-2

colum. over chic.- 5-2

edm. over dal - 4-0

minnesota only 2 pts behind chicago now.

edmonton played a great game, dallas didn't show up.