Facebook - worth billions?

gc
Can someone please explain this one to me...

So, Microsoft paid $240 million for a 1.6% stake in facebook, making facebook worth roughly $15 billion dollars. Now, facebook has only 80 million users, which means that it is worth about $200 per user. I don't get it. Maybe I should start my own site and pay everyone $100 to join (who the heck wouldn't join for $100?) and net a profit of $100 per person.

Seriously though, I must be missing something here. Maybe Microsoft thinks that facebook will get even more popular, but even then I don't see how it could possibly be worth $15 billion. Anyone?

Scott Free
I tried to delete my faceplant account and couldn't. So how many other of the 80 million users are on there because they can't delete their account?

scratch
Quote: Originally Posted by Scott Free View Post

I tried to delete my faceplant account and couldn't. So how many other of the 80 million users are on there because they can't delete their account?

Poor programme according to my computer guru.

Ihatescammers
Maybe its because of the traffic that it is worth so much, if they start putting up ads all over, then it will be easy to make money for them. I dont even know if they have got ads already there, I hate facebook and wouldnt want anyone to find me on there. I dont think anyone would deserve to become millionnaire with such a site, there are too many sites already that look the same, like all the youtubes lookalikes. I dont get it either...but yeah we should start something too cause internet is "the future".