Dog tortured and killed in Oven

westmanguy
Dog: http://photos1.blogger.com/x/blogger...ipart66632.jpg
I am getting tears in my eyes as I write this.

Newslink: http://www.11alive.com/news/local/se...?storyid=91918

This happened in Georgia. I commend that judge for doing the best she could in sentencing:

10 years in prison (no probation chance), and 10 years probation after.

This is for each of the Moulder brothers that TORTURED and put a dog in an oven and watched it die.

My heart bleeds for this dog. I myself am the owner of a Bichon puppy, and I get very emotional + angry when I hear these stories.

But Justice was truly served.

Sigh, this makes me so sad. I had trouble sleeping last night when I heard about it on CNN Headline News.

Also: 17 000 people signed a petition in Atlanta ALONE, to have these teens get jail time. It was a 17 year old and a 19 year old.

And the judge said this: "Your actions are totally despicable; totally reprehensible,"

And through the trial they laughed and showed no remorse. And the defense attorney had the nerve to say the sentence didn't fit the crime.

Libra Girl
This is so terrible... Words fail me!

marygaspe
"Natures that are bloodthirsty towards animals give proof of a natural propensity toward cruelty." -Montaigne

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by marygaspe View Post

"Natures that are bloodthirsty towards animals give proof of a natural propensity toward cruelty." -Montaigne

marygaspe, I think that is so true! It's as wicked as child abuse!

marygaspe
Quote: Originally Posted by Libra Girl View Post

marygaspe, I think that is so true! It's as wicked as child abuse!

My kids are all grown up and married now, but if they were that age again, I cannot imagine them being so cruel. Anyway, in my house when the three of them were around that age, we had a running zoo here..all of which they had promised to care for...lost interest and left it to Mommy to tend.At one point I was chief care-giver for a dog, two cats, several gerbils, a guinieu pig, a mouse and two budgies....(and a wayward husband and three kids).kinda miss those days
Last edited by marygaspe; Feb 12th, 2007 at 11:58 AM..Reason: addition

hermanntrude
it's shocking enough when kids do this kind of thing but when they actually find it funny u know something must be seriously wrong in their heads

marygaspe
Quote: Originally Posted by hermanntrude View Post

it's shocking enough when kids do this kind of thing but when they actually find it funny u know something must be seriously wrong in their heads

Now that is one of the biggest understatements I have read in a long time!

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by marygaspe View Post

My kids are all grown up and married now, but if they were that age again, I cannot imagine them being so cruel. Anyway, in my house when the three of them were around that age, we had a running zoo here..all of which they had promised to care for...lost interest and left it to Mommy to tend.At one point I was chief care-giver for a dog, two cats, several gerbils, a guinieu pig, a mouse and two budgies....(and a wayward husband and three kids).kinda miss those days

lol, I was an only child... your house sounds like it would have been great fun.

Kreskin
I was watching a program on TV yesterday, an interview with a mob hitman in prison. A real demented character. He was straight up talking to a psychologist for quite some time about his life and violent ways. The guy admitted he was an unremorseful psychopath and asked the psychologist interviewing him why he thought turned out as he did, after hearing his life story. The psychologist said many people are genetically predisposed risk takers. Those who grow up in non-violent loving family situations tend to become racecar drivers, skydivers, cliff divers etc. Those who grow up in abusive non-loving situations and are genetically predisposed to be risk takers tend to become violent and show no remorse for their actions. The most common early indication that one is headed for a sociopathic violent life is the abuse and killing of animals.

These kids need serious help.

canadarocks

It begs the question.

What other extreme nastiness have these
filthy bastards committed in the past?

hermanntrude
well i'm sure they'll have fun in prison anyway

canadarocks

well i'm sure they'll have fun in prison anyway

Oh yeah, they'll learn all about "real love" there! Their dance cards will be very full

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by canadarocks View Post

Oh yeah, they'll learn all about "real love" there! Their dance cards will be very full

that's not all that'll be full

canadarocks

that's not all that'll be full

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by Kreskin View Post

...The most common early indication that one is headed for a sociopathic violent life is the abuse and killing of animals.

These kids need serious help.

Unfortunately Kreskin, as of yet there is no known cure for the sociopathic condition.

#juan
I have trouble being rational on a subject like this. My firsr reaction would be to stuff both of them in the oven and turn it back on. Unfortunately the law compels us to treat these two the same as human beings. I wonder if that was the longest sentence the judge could give them....doesn't seem enough somehow.

allen_p
excuse me for my language if you could

F***** Bastards.

God have mercy.

Libra Girl
Quote: Originally Posted by allen_p View Post

excuse me for my language if you could

F***** Bastards.

God have mercy.

There are few cases where, imo, obscenities are in order!

This is one of those occasions.

westmanguy
You got that right f''in pricks.

See prison crime is not required for something like this, but the judge and community came together and put these awful men in prison for 10 years.

I would have given them 20-25 years, but that sentence was satisfactory. They will be 27 and 29 when they get out, and over 10% of their life will be taken away from them for what they did to the dog.

sanctus
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan View Post

I have trouble being rational on a subject like this. My firsr reaction would be to stuff both of them in the oven and turn it back on. Unfortunately the law compels us to treat these two the same as human beings. I wonder if that was the longest sentence the judge could give them....doesn't seem enough somehow.

Being a bit of the devil's advocate this morning, but must ask. Have any of you stopped to consider how young these boys are? In other words, that perhaps psychological treatment might be the best solution. Do you think they were fully aware of the consequences of their actions?

Libra Girl
Have I stopped to see how these young boys are? Well, being an Artist I try to keep things in perspective by visualization and analysis of peripherals, boundaries etc. I certainly took into consideration the ages of the young men, and then visualized myself at the age of five. Even then I would have known that it would be dreadful to even think of such an action, let alone carry it out! But, lets see what the whole procedure would have involved in time and materials, aside from state of minds of both victim and perpetrators...

Arbitrarily, but hopefully on the liberal side, lets say it took 10 to 15 minutes to tie up the dog with masking tape, maybe more if it was struggling.. another 10 to 15 minutes to put (an almost certainly struggling dog by now) into an oven. 20 to 30 minutes in which neither boy appeared to harbor any doubts about their actions, or indeed care about the consequences both for themselves, or their victim.

Lets see; How long would it take to bake a dog? An hour? Two? Was it a modern oven, did it have a glass door? Did they watch their victim in it's terrified death throes? What about the dog? How prolongued was it's agony?

Personally, I think psychological treatment may have been required at kindergaten stage, and whoever had charge of them during the following years cannot have missed this, but whatever the circumstances, this was beyond that stage when the dog died; This was pure evil personified!

Do I stop to consider how the boys are? I am totally disinterested in their welfare at the moment! I can't get past a dog, looking through an oven door, with a trusting and pleading look on it's face!

allen_p
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctus View Post

Being a bit of the devil's advocate this morning, but must ask. Have any of you stopped to consider how young these boys are? In other words, that perhaps psychological treatment might be the best solution. Do you think they were fully aware of the consequences of their actions?

I feel the same way for "Jack-the ripper" - He and few others (I can do a google for that - but i really dont care) too needed "psycho" treatment. Why to leave terrorists behind - They too need humane treatment. We are humans after all.
But best part - even rapists should be let free since They spared the "VICTIM" - right ?

hermanntrude
maybe they do need psychological treatment. But at this stage, when they've done something so barbaric, they should be punished as well. otherwise how will they know it was wrong? i mean obviously you or I know it's wrong because we have morals (to varying degrees). These guys are somehow lacking that

Kreskin
These kids will get out. Now we need to stop them from becoming the next Jeffrey Dahmer's.

whicker
I agree totally with the f*** lawyer -- the three of them should have the same treatment and then see if the slime lawyer says the same thing!!! Unfortunately human beings being so 'special' as to not recieve the same as they give the next best thing would be to lobotomize the three of them and put them in a cotton field.
Aside. Can you imagine what these two will be like after spending a couple of years in jail -- you know, out in 1 for good behaviour. They have absolutely no regard for life and with the training they get in jail, well, I like the idea of lobotomization - at least that way they would be rendered somewhat harmless. The lawyer must be some 'special' person too

hermanntrude
Quote: Originally Posted by whicker View Post

I agree totally with the f*** lawyer -- the three of them should have the same treatment and then see if the slime lawyer says the same thing!!! Unfortunately human beings being so 'special' as to not recieve the same as they give the next best thing would be to lobotomize the three of them and put them in a cotton field.
Aside. Can you imagine what these two will be like after spending a couple of years in jail -- you know, out in 1 for good behaviour. They have absolutely no regard for life and with the training they get in jail, well, I like the idea of lobotomization - at least that way they would be rendered somewhat harmless. The lawyer must be some 'special' person too

don't you think lobotomisation would be (almost) as cruel as what they did to the dog?

whicker
Quote: Originally Posted by sanctus View Post

Sorry, this is not being the devil's advocate, this is the simple minded attitude of the bloody civil rights and do-gooders. You can bet your bottom dollar these things knew exactly what they were doing. Psychological treatment hell, brain surgery is more like it.
Something along the same lines as the boys who skinned the cat alive, calling it art and it being endorsed by their dumb ****eass teacher.

whicker

don't you think lobotomisation would be (almost) as cruel as what they did to the dog?

No, because it would be done under anesthetic -- unfortunately

hermanntrude
yes but when they wake up they find themselves brain damaged for the rest of their lives. that's hardly humane is it?

whicker

yes but when they wake up they find themselves brain damaged for the rest of their lives. that's hardly humane is it?

Don't you think they are now??? Besides, they wouldn't know the difference. How human do you think these two are anyway??