How will the media try and take down Andrew Scheer?

JamesBondo
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

The UK hasn't had a constitution since 1066.

Great example. Look where they are today. Worse than canada.

tay
If he can't communicate effectively with our own press at home how is he ever going to communicate with diplomats and leaders abroad?

He's just not ready..........

Scheer walks out on media when asked about campaign manager's Rebel Media ties

Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer abruptly ended a news conference and stopped taking questions from reporters on Monday when asked whether he was aware his campaign manager had worked out of the Rebel office during his leadership run.

Hamish Marshall, Mr. Scheer's former campaign manager, told The Globe and Mail in response to an inquiry that he shared Toronto office space with the right-wing website during the Tory leadership race, which ended on May 27, when Mr. Scheer won by a razor-thin margin over Conservative MP Maxime Bernier.

Mr. Marshall is president of Torch Agency, a company that provides digital and research services.

"I didn't ask Hamish about every client he had," Mr. Scheer told reporters before walking out of his own media availability about the Liberal tax changes in Ottawa. "He has a variety of clients. He's a small-business owner himself, and I asked him to do a job and he helped me out on my campaign."

A Conservative spokesman later clarified that Mr. Scheer was aware the Rebel was one of Mr. Marshall's clients, but not of the specifics of the arrangement.

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/new...+Article+Links

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

Why is the political right so prone to a conspiracy theory view of the world? C'mon Walter, you've got CNN and Fox clearly on your side in the U.S., the National Post clearly on your side in Canada, what do you want, that nobody should ever disagree with you?

This is a good question. In my experience the right are all victims. This is what defines them to me, but I can't explain them.

tay
+1
Hear that sound? That’s the sound of Trudeau and Singh dancing a jig, still astonished by their continuing good luck.

The Conservatives are tying themselves to every crazy/offensive thing Rebel does between now and the election. And, believe me: there’ll be plenty.

The Conservatives are fulfilling a Liberal prophecy about them: namely, that their new leader really is a nutty SoCon who is beholden to the alt-Right.

The Conservatives have taken, and will take, a massive hit for a “strategist” who could only eke out a razor-thin win for Scheer, after 13 ballots, no less. What has he ever done, in effect, beside creating a platform for the racist alt-Right in Canada?

Dear Conservative readers of this web site* | Warren Kinsella

Colpy
Conservative
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

A number of them, Britain and France for example, have put most of their medical personnel on salary. This goes a long way to lowering medical costs. As well, many European models include all aspects of health care including hearing, eye care, prescription medicines and dental care as part of their system. This would seem to make it more expensive but in fact it does not as it results in an over all improvement in the health of citizens. After all, you are not really healthy if you have a mouthful of rotting teeth, but can't afford a dentist.

Oh Good Lord!

Try putting doctors on salary here and border points will be jammed with doctors moving south where they can make real money.

Completely unrealistic.

TenPenny
Many of the young doctors here WANT to be on salary.

They get benefits such as maternity/paternity leave, paid vacations, and no office expenses, medical benefits, etc.

They also seriously limit the number of patients they see every hour.

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Oh Good Lord!

Try putting doctors on salary here and border points will be jammed with doctors moving south where they can make real money.

Completely unrealistic.

Somehow I think the USA has enough doctors. The last thing Medicine Incorporated in the USA wants to see is a flood of Canadian doctors heading into its private preserve. Besides, if you are right, why isn't there a similar flood from places like the UK where doctors are on salary?

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Somehow I think the USA has enough doctors. The last thing Medicine Incorporated in the USA wants to see is a flood of Canadian doctors heading into its private preserve. Besides, if you are right, why isn't there a similar flood from places like the UK where doctors are on salary?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...arns/?utm_term

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...arns/?utm_term

OK then, Walter. Please post info on the number of British doctors applying to work in the US.

Doctors With Borders: How the U.S. Shuts Out Foreign Physicians

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/a...icians/382723/