Rob Ford for Mayor 2014 Campaign Launched in Toronto

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Highball View Post

There is a hot rumor that Ford has drooped out of the Mayor's race. If this is true the City of Toronto could come out of this mess as a winner.

OR just as likely a loser!

gopher
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
We just got word here in Gopherland that he is dropping out of the race because of a suspected stomach problem. While the guy may be one of the the biggest pr1cks in politics let's hope he gets over the illness and sets himself back in good order.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

We just got word here in Gopherland that he is dropping out of the race because of a suspected stomach problem. While the guy may be one of the the biggest pr1cks in politics let's hope he gets over the illness and sets himself back in good order.

Yep, he's just a little less of an A$$hole than the A$$holes who make him out to be an A$$hole! -

Kreskin
+2 / -1
He's running in Ward 2. Could be the Psych Ward.

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

I'm looking forward to Ford more years.

Here here!

Locutus
+2
We'll put Dougie in in his place. Rob will still be a Councillor. The tender people will still be mad. Life is good. Worst case is Tory as Mayor but them people, they gonna be real mad.

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
+1
Doug will lose badly and Troy will have a decisive win.

Rob will win his council seat and if he isn't dead in four years will run again for mayor.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

The only thing that's relevant to these ideologues is to push over the finish line one of their "tax" or "tax even more" candidates.....

Hehehe...I get a kick out of ideologues calling ideologues ideologues

Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

The Fords are quite rich in their own right and I don't think they need the $140K/year salary to keep food on the table.

Have you not seen Rob?

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

Have you not seen Rob?

That's pretty funny.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Rob will win his council seat and if he isn't dead in four years will run again for mayor.

Doug should get the Ford Nation vote which a % may have swung away from Rob because of his antics.

On the other hand, Doug doesn't appear to be as personable or should I say, jovial as Rob.

Doug seems much more serious about everything and may not be able to take the barbs and jokes as well as Rob.

I'd rather down a 24 or 2 with Rob than with Doug, but Doug would be a better face for that loser city Toronto.........

Grievous
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by tay View Post

Doug should get the Ford Nation vote which a % may have swung away from Rob because of his antics.

On the other hand, Doug doesn't appear to be as personable or should I say, jovial as Rob.

Doug seems much more serious about everything and may not be able to take the barbs and jokes as well as Rob.

I'd rather down a 24 or 2 with Rob than with Doug, but Doug would be a better face for that loser city Toronto.........

Doug it a douche and a bully.

I'd love party with Rob....Doug would be the guy that stands in the bar sipping his drink looking at which guy he wants to fight.

Corduroy
+1

I'm looking forward to Ford more years. It'll be nice to have a politician that actually, and sincerely, has the time of day for his constituents.

You don't need no nanny state telling you the time of day. Buy a watch, hippie.

CDNBear
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

He was a terrible mayor, but probably better suited as a councillor or someone's secretary.

lol...

Quote:

Here's to him getting through this.

Oh come now, stop pretending to take the high road, lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by Corduroy View Post

You don't need no nanny state telling you the time of day.

You didn't understand the point I was making?

Quote:

Buy a watch, hippie.

I have a lovely 'green' watch, no battery, you actually have to burn a micro fraction of energy to wind it yourself. It's the least I could do, being a hippie and all.
Last edited by CDNBear; Sep 12th, 2014 at 04:33 PM..

eh1eh
Circus Theme music - YouTube

CDNBear
A fittig tune.

Corduroy
+2

You didn't understand the point I was making?

Probably not. I just saw an opportunity to make a joke.

spaminator
+1
poor luciford

DaSleeper
I wonder if Zanta is running this time......I'd vote for him ......

Zanta for Mayor? | news | Torontoist

Walter
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Grievous View Post

Hurray for Troy whoever that is.

Locutus
"Toronto is safe because people live in harmony" Olivia Chow when asked about terrorists that could be here

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/...26347053383680

she's as clueless as a bag of hair.

imagine if ol' rub 'n' tug jack had become PM?

JLM
No Party Affiliation

"Toronto is safe because people live in harmony" Olivia Chow when asked about terrorists that could be here

https://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/...26347053383680

Back stabber too!

I just listened to some idiot being interviewed by Jian Ghomeshi on C.B.C. radio, bad mouthing the Fords. He apparently thought it was in poor taste for Rob to be putting in a word for his brother from his hospital bed. Of course I don't think he held Doug in high regard. Doug is probably the "underdog" in this race, but I think it would be a mistake to under estimate him. Quiet guys can surprise you! Anyway you don't backstab a guy when he's down. (Rob)

spaminator

http://twitter.com/reporterdonpeat/status/513026347053383680

you insulted the bag of hair.

tay

JLM
No Party Affiliation

Make fun of the guy, why don'tsha?

CDNBear
+2
I think Doug would make a better Mayor than Rob. His edges are a little smoother, but runs on the same principles.

F*ck the trough feeders, the constituents are what counts.

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Who's making fun of the guy?

If you watch him as I did briefly yesterday during the rain storm break, he doesn't seem to really want to be where he is.

Don't forget he wasn't even running for any position. He was handling Rob's campaign and after that was done, he was back to private life. He's seems to be as inspired to run for Mayor as I am.........

Locutus
Lorrie GoldsteinVerified account ‏@sunlorrie

Forum Poll: John Tory 38%, Doug Ford 31%, Olivia Chow 25%, 1164 Toronto voters, Sept. 22, MOE 3%.

#topoli #tocouncil

tay
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Okay.

Now I'm 'making fun of the guy'.

Sept 26 he pulls out of a debate at the Conservative Monarchist Association known as the Empire Club claiming that 'it's elitist' because the $80.00 a plate din din "is too expensive for his average voter and they wouldn't be able to afford that cost or be able to take 3 hours off of work to attend".

Of course he omits the fact that the previous night he held a $125.00 a plate snack which, I'm assuming, was more affordable for his constituents........

CDNBear

Okay.

Now I'm 'making fun of the guy'.

Sept 26 he pulls out of a debate at the Conservative Monarchist Association known as the Empire Club claiming that 'it's elitist' because the $80.00 a plate din din "is too expensive for his average voter and they wouldn't be able to afford that cost or be able to take 3 hours off of work to attend".

Of course he omits the fact that the previous night he held a $125.00 a plate snack which, I'm assuming, was more affordable for his constituents........

It would be nice if people understood the difference between a debate and a fund raiser, lol.

Tonington

Take home message, $125/p fund raising > $80/p debating issues. A politician did that? I'm shocked! That's logical math!