Trans Mountain ‘pipeline is going to get built’: Trudeau dismisses B.C.’s bitumen ban

taxslave
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

TMX pipeline update: Cost jumps to $12.6 billion

The estimated cost to build the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion has jumped by 70 per cent, to $12.6 billion from $7.4 billion.
https://bc.ctvnews.ca/trans-mountain...y-70-1.4801941

Just think. If it had been built when it was supposed to the cost would have been under 7 billion. Now that the price has been driven up dramatically the very people that caused the price increase are upset about the cost.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
'Oil is going to move:' Calls for pipelines after fiery train derailment

Of course they are still interested, dumb taxpayers will take the hit twice

Indigenous pipeline group still wants a stake in Trans Mountain despite cost hike

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Just think. If it had been built when it was supposed to the cost would have been under 7 billion. Now that the price has been driven up dramatically the very people that caused the price increase are upset about the cost.

Egg Zachary!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Ocean Breeze View Post

TMX pipeline update: Cost jumps to $12.6 billion

The estimated cost to build the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion has jumped by 70 per cent, to $12.6 billion from $7.4 billion.

https://bc.ctvnews.ca/trans-mountain...y-70-1.4801941

You realize much of the increase is caused by many with stalling tactics, our illustrious Dipper member being one?

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+3

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
CBC and the other mainstream doesn't want disclosure they want to help shutdown O&G

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

A lot of European looking people there . And they tell us it is a native protest .

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

A lot of European looking people there . And they tell us it is a native protest .

And HOW ODD that none of those protestors HAVE BEEN ELECTED TO ANYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A hereditary chief HAS NO LEGAL POWER- they are merely people whose ancestors may have been notable people

and thus the hereditary chiefs are simply working with SOUR GRAPES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because they aint famous or influential!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In other news - LIE-beral and native opponents of the Cdn oil patch are being slowly side-lined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blockades in B.C. are being dismantled..........................

but of course NEW blockades ARE SPRINGING UP in Ontari-owe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Via Rail trains running between Ottawa, Toronto and Montreal have been BLOCKED by similar groups of protestors................

who have NO CONNECTION to B.C. other than LOVE OF PROTEST that ANNOYS WHITE PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals REMAIN DEDICATED to their insane HATE OF FOSSIL FUEL used for any purpose................

BY ORDINARY PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And LIE-berals REMAIN DEDICATED to robbing ordinary people - so they will have the gravy needed to BUY VOTES

from civil union HOGS and assorted anti white pressure groups!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals see nothing wrong with crippling the lives of ordinary people - most of DO NOT VOTE LIE-beral............

while at the same time - LIE-berals ENSURE that already LARGE HOG carbon foot prints are maintained......................

OR EVEN EXPANDED FURTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mentalfloss
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

CBC and the other mainstream doesn't want disclosure they want to help shutdown O&G

Looks like oil prices are doing a good enough job of that already.

petros
+3
Its all about volume of sales pumpkin.

Twin_Moose
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Looks like oil prices are doing a good enough job of that already.

How is that $60/brl is really good if the capacity is there

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Its all about volume of sales pumpkin.

Flosstard doesn't understand the sector.... but then again, that auto mfg sector is doing a roaring bidness in Ontario, or so I hear

petros
+3
I've never heard of production or sales measured in $ per day. BPD baby. BPD

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Who are you referring too Pete?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2

... And more often than not, USD per day.

Considering that tater tot has driven the Cdn economy into the crapper and our dollar is a Peso, I suppose that we should thank him.

Sunny Ways

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Who are you referring too Pete?

Flosshole

petros
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Considering that tater tot has driven the Cdn economy into the crapper and our dollar is a Peso, I suppose that we should thank him.
Sunny Ways

If the oil industry overtakes manufacturing the dollar becomes a dollar and it wipes out the dollar devaluation discount on exports.

That would make ON and QC powerless.

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+2

If the oil industry overtakes manufacturing the dollar becomes a dollar and it wipes out the dollar devaluation discount on exports.

That would make ON and QC powerless.

Sadly, they would retain significant power by virtue of the seats in parliament, but if Moe and Kenney can muster the ability to opt out of CPP, RCMP services, etc, our 2 provinces will be holding the high hand in a big way

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Flosshole

Poor old Flosshole! I thought he'd taken enough punishment and left, but apparently not! Hopefully he gained a few brain cells during his time away.

pgs
Free Thinker
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Poor old Flosshole! I thought he'd taken enough punishment and left, but apparently not! Hopefully he gained a few brain cells during his time away.

I think Flossy and Hoid work in the same war room . When one leaves the other shows his face . Paid trolls is all they are . Good work if you can get it I guess .

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

I think Flossy and Hoid work in the same war room . When one leaves the other shows his face . Paid trolls is all they are . Good work if you can get it I guess .

To Flosshole's credit he does seem to delve into subjects that are slightly deeper than those Hoidie is capable of handling!

petros
+4

Sadly, they would retain significant power by virtue of the seats in parliament, but if Moe and Kenney can muster the ability to opt out of CPP, RCMP services, etc, our 2 provinces will be holding the high hand in a big way

More like we keep the Mounties and they can form a force of their own. Mounties are homegrown in SK.

In the early 1900s they divided Saskatchewan because it would have shifted the power balance.

What's stopping us from reforming the super Province that gave Laurentian Elites shit fits 115 years ago?

captain morgan
No Party Affiliation
+4

More like we keep the Mounties and they can form a force of their own. Mounties are homegrown in SK.

In the early 1900s they divided Saskatchewan because it would have shifted the power balance.

What's stopping us from reforming the super Province that gave Laurentian Elites shit fits 115 years ago?

Absolutely.

Offer the existing force a position but just under a Provincial entity.. The Feds can walk away from the existing facilities or keep them and pay a special set of taxes relative to Carbon Tax, Special Purpose Property Tax, Reclamation Bonds, Special Assessment Out of Country Maintenance Fee, Canadian Flag Tax, Liberal Party Oversight Annual Assessment, etc.

The list goes on and on and on....

spilledthebeer
+2

Sunny Ways

Oh NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NO and NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is my understanding that ALL OIL.....................

including oil produced in Canada is always priced in Yankee dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CBC and the other news media simply transfer the cost into frozen banana republic Cdn dollars.........................

when they make media reports for us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cliffy
Free Thinker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44N8vH1x17Q

An amazing speech by MP Nathan Cullen about why the Kinder Morgan pipeline should not and cannot be forced through by the federal government of Canada.

petros
+3
Too late now. What are going to do when its FN owned and operated? Burn an eagle feather in disgust?

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1

Too late now. What are going to do when its FN owned and operated? Burn an eagle feather in disgust?

Anyone who interferes with it now should be burnt for heresy!

Mowich
Conservative
+1

Absolutely.

Offer the existing force a position but just under a Provincial entity.. The Feds can walk away from the existing facilities or keep them and pay a special set of taxes relative to Carbon Tax, Special Purpose Property Tax, Reclamation Bonds, Special Assessment Out of Country Maintenance Fee, Canadian Flag Tax, Liberal Party Oversight Annual Assessment, etc.

The list goes on and on and on....

And the Musical Ride moves to Regina.

Mowich
Conservative
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

An amazing speech by MP Nathan Cullen about why the Kinder Morgan pipeline should not and cannot be forced through by the federal government of Canada.

They can and they will as it is deemed to be in the National Interest. That trumps everything.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

The only thing amazing is thatbCullen managed to make a full sentence that was understandable. Mostly wrong but understandable.