Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

More e vehicles is good news for Tesla - and for the Earth.

Why do you want to destroy the earth?

Twin_Moose
+1
Does anyone know how they dispose of the batteries after they are worn out?

taxslave
+1
In theory they can be recycled.

taxslave
+3
I took a fire fighting course on EVs a couple of years ago and at that time they claimed it cost more to recycle than the value of products reclaimed.I expect that will change as economies of scale come into effect.

bill barilko
+5
#125  Top Rated Post
Lots of Teslas here in Vancouver and I live near the dealership on 4th Ave-just cycled by there in fact- man is it quiet around that place these days.....

Twin_Moose
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

I took a fire fighting course on EVs a couple of years ago and at that time they claimed it cost more to recycle than the value of products reclaimed.I expect that will change as economies of scale come into effect.

Is there any restrictions on storing them for disposal or recycling? At what cost?

I found some info

The rise of electric cars could leave us with a big battery waste problem
Last edited by Twin_Moose; Apr 26th, 2019 at 03:39 PM..

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Is there any restrictions on storing them for disposal or recycling? At what cost?
I found some info
The rise of electric cars could leave us with a big battery waste problem

We didn't get into that. We were concerned about how to put out fires safely.

Hoid
https://www.tesla.com/en_CA/blog/tes...ar-ever-tested

Tesla Model S is the safest car ever tested - like all Tesla's

taxslave
+2
Interesting artice. Sounds much like nuclear power. Build it and hope to foist the clean up costs on to future generations. Even Nissan's dubious plan of flogging faulty Li ion batteries off on home owners without a clue is just postponing the inevitable. Same goes for all the li ion cordless too batteries. THese cannot keep going into landfills.

Hoid
https://insideevs.com/news/346872/ne...er-range-high/

Tesla says next gen roadster will have a range of +1000 km.

taxslave

That's nice. Can the produce? So far their track record isn't very good.

Twin_Moose

With the heater, lights and stereo on?

Hoid

With the heater, lights and stereo on?

all ratings are done by he EPA

why not find out and let us know

Twin_Moose
+1

all ratings are done by he EPA
why not find out and let us know

It's Tesla's claim in the article not an EPA test on actual so my question stands to you

Hoid

It's Tesla's claim in the article not an EPA test on actual so my question stands to you

of course it sill stands

you are nowhere near smart enough to get an answer to an easy question.

all mileage ratings are done by the EPA

If you want to find out what methodology they use that is where you would go to find out.

petros
+4
Do you know what's worse than a used car salesman?

A new car salesman.

MHz
That was the name at the bottom of the list Pete, finish the list or you make the list, your call.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Do you know what's worse than a used car salesman?
A new car salesman.

Mostly comprised of people that couldn't make it through law school.

Twin_Moose

of course it sill stands
you are nowhere near smart enough to get an answer to an easy question.
all mileage ratings are done by the EPA
If you want to find out what methodology they use that is where you would go to find out.

And how did they test the new concept? Doesn't it have to be actually built before testing? Computer generated model testing?

Hoid
why are you so stupid?

were you dropped on your head as a youngster?

taxslave
+2
On the news this morning they said in Vancouver and presumably elsewhere there is a back log of EVs waiting to be "bought" today because there is a bunch of OPM bribes kick in today. From what the rust pimp they interviewed said the bribe applies to any vehicle that has a base price under$45G regardless of the total cost with options. If real cars and trucks had equal subsities would anyone buy an EV?

petros
Try finding an EV under $45K. Cheapest is $44,800. Spare keys or floor mats put it over $40K. There were only 3 cars on lots in Canada that qualified.

Twin_Moose
+1

why are you so stupid?
were you dropped on your head as a youngster?

Holy phuck man read your own articles it was a Teasla claim not a performance report

Quote:

There's a magical number that Musk says will be surpassed.
The upcoming, all-new Tesla Roadster will have the highest electric range of any production EV ever made. In fact, it's electric range will exceed 1,000, but not in miles.

With the recent range upgrades for the Tesla Model S and Model X, the question of range for the upcoming Roadster has again surfaced.
Tesla CEO Elon Musk previously touted the Roadster's range as untouchable by any other electric car. When the Roadster was first revealed, the automaker listed its range at 620 miles. That's a figure that's unheard of today.

Why do you have to be so slimy defending yourself? If you still want to refute the facts have at it you can win this argument with proof you see in your own mind.

Hoid
The problem is that you are extremely slow-witted.

You want to know how Tesla's are tested and whether it is wih the lights on etc etc?

Go find out from the EPA because they do the testing. Their methodology will be freely available to the public.

Mowich
+1
Layoffs, SEC battles, and Elon Musk's tweets: 2019 looks like another chaotic year for Tesla

www.businessinsider.com/tesla-elon-musk-whats-going-on-sec-layoffs-tweets-2019-3

www.nytimes.com/2019/04/03/business/tesla-sales-elon-musk.html

Twin_Moose
+1

The problem is that you are extremely slow-witted.
You want to know how Tesla's are tested and whether it is wih the lights on etc etc?
Go find out from the EPA because they do the testing. Their methodology will be freely available to the public.

EPA can't test it until one is produced so it is Teasla's claim and since you know so much about them is there claim of 1000km with all accessories on or not?

Hoid
I like strawberry ice cream.

Twin_Moose
Elon Musk owes $507 million to banks helping Tesla raise capital

petros
+1

EPA can't test it until one is produced so it is Teasla's claim and since you know so much about them is there claim of 1000km with all accessories on or not?

EPA rates my toy truck at 17mpg combined my big truck at 22mpg. I've hit 28mpg on the toy and 30mpg on the STX.

What I am I doing to EPA isn't?

Last edited by petros; May 3rd, 2019 at 09:50 AM..

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

EPA rates my toy truck at 17mpg combined my big truck at 22mpg. I've hit 28mpg on the toy and 30mpg on the STX.

What I am I doing to EPA isn't?

are they using imperial gallons?