Tesla to cut thousands of jobs as Elon Musk warns the ‘road ahead is very difficult’

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Auto wrecker , simple . Have you got rid of your internal combustion engine yet ?

A number of them.

Believe it or not lawn mowers used to run on gas.

Cannuck
I can still buy horse shoes and ride a horse. So what?

petros
+1
So bend over sweetheart.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Why would anyone buy an ICE engine when they will stop making them in the next 10 years?
There will be no parts for them.

Twin_Moose
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Are you homophobic?

I'm getting jealous he is hitting on you now

Twin_Moose
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

I can still buy horse shoes and ride a horse. So what?

Do you still ride?

petros
+1
Don’t buy a brown Tesla
By Michael J. CorenOctober 8, 2019
If you’re going to buy a $75,000 Model S, it pays to avoid brown.

The color—only available with a special order after it was discontinued in 2014—was the most likely to be discounted among used Tesla vehicles analyzed by automotive research company iSeeCars.com. On the used market, more than a quarter of brown Tesla’s were discounted at least 10% compared to the average Model S vehicle. That’s at least $5,155 less. One is selling for just $39,999.99.

Right behind it were shades of grey and green: about 7% of those models were discounted. But if you own a white, silver, and red Model S, you’re in luck. Those colors still command a slight premium. The data covers vehicles built between 2014 and 2016.

MHz
'30kph' for all the scientists out there . . .

MHz

A number of them.

Who ever came up with the idea that was the only use they had. Grocery getter.

Even with the electric version why not have 1 decent motor and some 'seasonal attachments' aka gardening and snow removal. I still see 'packing snow in place so it is rut-free' is better in the long run for a foot paths, cars need to pull something a bit heaver but at least it is smooth when the grader finally shows up.

For the cart above rain tires and a metal lawn rake dragged behind would erase the tracks. 12" wide for a 2 wheeled bike. A trike takes up 30".

A Canadian version might have a ski option for the front as well as a modular rear end that allows the track to 'skinny-up to 6" for the summer trails'. Kids trike from the 1960's style with the backbone being the spine from a 'jack-all'.

More like a Jag rear suspension and electric at each back corner.

Last edited by MHz; 4 weeks ago at 01:12 PM..

MHz

Don’t buy a brown Tesla
By Michael J. CorenOctober 8, 2019
If you’re going to buy a $75,000 Model S, it pays to avoid brown.

The color—only available with a special order after it was discontinued in 2014—was the most likely to be discounted among used Tesla vehicles analyzed by automotive research company iSeeCars.com. On the used market, more than a quarter of brown Tesla’s were discounted at least 10% compared to the average Model S vehicle. That’s at least $5,155 less. One is selling for just $39,999.99.

Right behind it were shades of grey and green: about 7% of those models were discounted. But if you own a white, silver, and red Model S, you’re in luck. Those colors still command a slight premium. The data covers vehicles built between 2014 and 2016.

That tells 'the buyers' what about 'collector editions' (after the color is gone from the option page) and which color will not be offered anymore, . . . step right up laddies and germs, . . . step right up have I got a ticket to a ride for you, . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyNt5zm3U_M
The Beatles - Ticket To Ride

MHz
+1
https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/q...ing-tesla-cars
Worn-Out Flash Memory Is Suddenly Bricking Tesla Cars

"When this burns out, you wake up to a black screen."

Hoid
Tesla Model 3 std range bumped up to 250 mi and price bumped up to $39ish K

captain morgan
+4
The company is probably only weeks away from bankruptcy... Who in their right mind would buy 1

Hoid
Ford announces a new electric charging network of 12,000 stations.

For the mustang?

It must be for the trucks.

captain morgan
+4
I can only imagine how badly they will soak tesla drivers.... We'll all be laughing our asses off looking at the long line-up for those poor schmucks needing some power just to get home in -20

MHz
+1
When an Apple device starts acting up it is manipulation to get consumers begging for a 'new model'. The use of electric motors is rising, it can be drones rather than cars that come into mass production first.

taxslave
+4

A number of them.

Most of them still do. Except for the few people that have postage stamp size yards.

MHz
Small engines would all need to replaced during any transition. The good news is they only have to run for an hour every 2 weeks so the 'remote version' like the 'self-moving vacuum' would replace big and small mowers.

taxslave
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by MHz View Post

Small engines would all need to replaced during any transition. The good news is they only have to run for an hour every 2 weeks so the 'remote version' like the 'self-moving vacuum' would replace big and small mowers.

GOod luck with that one. WE often have pumps and generators run all day long. Any idea how many batteries that would take? Or the size of genset required to charge them all?

Danbones
+3

A number of them.

An investment in a steel wrapped outdoor extension cord company would be good you are saying?

When I was a volunteer in the off road fire department "up the shore", we used only a pair of top of the line honda gas powered pumps on each boat. WE had TWENTY of those pumps in camp ready to go. Electric just wouldn't cut it. Especially since My boat was usually the highspeed flat bottom drop gate barge which was able to beach in a foot of water and drop the gate.

Then you have to haul those pumps into the bush and around the bush as the fire dictates.

Don't get me started on electric chainsaws.
Last edited by Danbones; 3 weeks ago at 06:03 AM..

Ron in Regina
+3

A number of them.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Most of them still do. Except for the few people that have postage stamp size yards.

20' x 22' lawn. 7HP gas mower. It's just the right size. Usually cut our lawn in about 3-4 minutes, and then cut a couple of the neighbours lawns 'cuz we're already out there....

Hoid
Tesla up about $50 a share afterhours.

Apparently they just reported a good quarter

Curious Cdn

Tesla up about $50 a share afterhours.
Apparently they just reported a good quarter

How's Husky Oil doing?

petros
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

I can only imagine how badly they will soak tesla drivers.... We'll all be laughing our asses off looking at the long line-up for those poor schmucks needing some power just to get home in -20

Gotta have a garage for an EV.

EV or not cars are the problem not what propels them. They are enegy intensive to build and operate regardless of the drivetrain.
Emissions wise an ICE is still 20% better.

When EVS have the same range, price point and convenience of petroleum I'm might buy one. Until then it's not worth it. In my wife's Benz it only takes 40L to go from Regina to Calgary in 6.75 hours at 130km/h with 6 passengers and luggage for 6.

As it is some regions like BC don't have electrical capacity to handle air conditiobers in sumner let alone 7 million vehicles and the upcoming mandatory electric heat passed as code.
Last edited by petros; 2 weeks ago at 07:22 AM..

pgs

Gotta have a garage for an EV.

EV or not cars are the problem not what propels them. They are enegy intensive to build and operate regardless of the drivetrain.
Emissions wise an ICE is still 20% better.

When EVS have the same range, price point and convenience of petroleum I'm might buy one. Until then it's not worth it. In my wife's Benz it only takes 40L to go from Regina to Calgary in 6.75 hours at 130km/h with 6 passengers and luggage for 6.

As it is some regions like BC don't have electrical capacity to handle air conditiobers in sumner let alone 7 million vehicles and the upcoming mandatory electric heat passed as code.

Site C .

petros
+1
Site C still doesn't meet current requirements forcing BC Hydro to buy from private producers.

pgs

Site C still doesn't meet current requirements forcing BC Hydro to buy from private producers.

Yes but that was the plan . They asked for those private producers .

petros
+1
Still going to need another big dam or carbon neutral power will never materialize buying off private NG turbine generator operators.

Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Why are they going broke if they are viable Hoid?

They seem to be making a profit

Gilgamesh

But but but...

Tesla Inc. will cut its full-time employee headcount by 7 per cent, with Chief Executive Officer
Elon Musk saying "the road ahead is very difficult to make electric cars affordable for the mass market."

The shares fell 7.6 per cent in pre-market trading after the Palo Alto, California-based company said it managed to eke out a profit in the fourth quarter — though a narrower one than the hard-won third-quarter profit it reported in October, according to a blog post on Friday.

Tesla is under pressure to limit spending as it emerges from what Musk called the “most challenging” year in its history.

BY BLOOMBERG NEWS
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: JAN 18, 2019

https://business.financialpost.com/t...res-tumble/amp

Tesla has just had the most profitable quarter ever. Sales are up.

Hoid
they got a factory up and running in China in 165 days.

say what you will, Elon Musk gets it done.