Trans Mountain ‘pipeline is going to get built’: Trudeau dismisses B.C.’s bitumen ban

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

it would be irresponsible not to plan for the end of the oilsands.

SO WHY are LIE-berals making plans to KILL Kinder Morgan RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And making plans to BANKRUPT the province of Alberta?????????????????????????????

AND Making plans to FORCE Cdns into the debt wall.................................

with their insane deficit spending and mad borrowing?????????????????????????????????

And making NO PLANS for the future?????????????????????????????

LIE-berals cannot even consider adding any new public transit so that Cdns can get to the welfare offices more easily!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LIE-berals apparently believe WE HAVE NO FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why else would they be so obsessed with building homeless shelters.......................................

unless they plan to fill them with DEAD BROKE Cdns???????????????????????????????????????????

Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
Hoid
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Their Oilsand's are world supported though wasn't that apart of Hoid and my conversation?

Nobody likes oil sands

spilledthebeer
+2

Nobody likes oil sands

ARE YOU SURE about that hemerHOID?????????????????????

There ARE OIL SAND operations in Venezuela......................................

United States...........................................

Russia.......................................

Kazakhstan........................................ .

AND CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tar sand reserves exceed ALL OTHER oil reserves BY A VERY WIDE MARGIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative

Nobody likes oil sands

Nobody is my name

Anyone remember the Nobody/Trinity spaghetti western movie series?

spilledthebeer
+1

Nobody is my name

Anyone remember the Nobody/Trinity spaghetti western movie series?

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Currently available FREE on Youtube!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hoid
+1

Nobody is my name

Yes. That's a given.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1

Nobody likes oil sands

THAT is pure unadulterated bull shit!

JLM
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

ARE YOU SURE about that hemerHOID?????????????????????

I doubt if he's sure of anything. He just likes the sound of his gums rattling!

spilledthebeer

Yes. That's a given.

Poor hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

He does not GET the Nobody line....................................

because hemerHOID IS NOT NOBODY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

HemerHOID IS REALLY NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It would be worth good money to watch hemerHOID losing the Nobody drinking game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes................................

that would be a CLASSIC western scene watching..............

Nobody slap the crap off hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decapoda
+2

Nobody likes oil sands

Wrong. American organizations like Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE) love Canadian oil sands. They actively fund the Tar Sands Campaign with their principle mission to protect American businesses from high and volatile oil prices. It's all about the control, baby, and you are foolish and gullible enough to think that they actually care about the environment.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Decapoda View Post

Wrong. American organizations like Securing America’s Future Energy (SAFE) love Canadian oil sands. They actively fund the Tar Sands Campaign with their principle mission to protect American businesses from high and volatile oil prices. It's all about the control, baby, and you are ignorant and gullible enough to think that they actually care about the environment.

Hoidie is quite dependable on most things...…………….the truth being close to opposite of what he says!

Gilgamesh
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Trans Mountain ‘pipeline is going to get built’: Trudeau dismisses B.C.’s bitumen ban

EDMONTON — Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says the Kinder Morgan oil pipeline expansion will happen despite British Columbia’s latest attempt to hinder the project.

Speaking on Edmonton talk radio station CHED on Thursday, Trudeau said the pipeline, which would take Alberta crude to the West Coast for shipment to Asian markets, is in the national interest and will go ahead.

“That pipeline is going to get built,” Trudeau said. “We will stand by our decision. We will ensure that the Kinder Morgan pipeline gets built.”

B.C.’s environment minister has said his minority government plans to ban increased shipments of diluted bitumen off the province’s coast until it can determine that shippers are prepared and able to properly clean up a spill.

The move has infuriated Alberta Premier Rachel Notley, who has accused B.C. of trying to change the rules after the federal government already gave the project the green light.

Trudeau said Canada needs to get Alberta’s oil safely to markets other than the United States. He said the federal government did the research and has spent billions on spill response.

“The Kinder Morgan pipeline is not a danger to the B.C. coast,” he said.

Trudeau said it’s normal for provinces to have differences of opinion and that’s why there is a federal government.

“One of the reasons we have a national government to oversee national interests is to step up for the interests of all Canadians and that’s exactly what I am going to do,” he said, without elaborating on what steps he might take.

Notley has threatened trade retaliation with B.C. if the shipping ban goes ahead. She held an emergency cabinet meeting Wednesday to discuss what legal and economic levers Alberta can pull in its spat with its neighbour to the west. She specifically mentioned interprovincial trade in electricity.

Trans Mountain

He lies.

Cliffy
Free Thinker

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

AHHHHHHH YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Religious fervor and personal delusions...............................

coupled with a nice hit of LSD..............................................

fuel all MHz attempts to communicate with the world.........................................

outside his padded cell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you saying Jews from the OT have no claim to the land known as 'Israel' today?? Use the big print please.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Canada broke how many treaties in that time frame (after 1986)?? A 'few' or 'more than a few'??

spilledthebeer

OH CLIFFY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

I feel so bad for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It must have hurt when some oil worker clonked your coconut...................................

with a piece of pipe after spouting your GARBAGE in front of the WRONG AUDIENCE!!!!!!!!!

Your confusion is DEPLORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But your confusion is rivaled by that of UNIFOR union HOG leader Jerry Diaz who IS DO CONFUSED ABOUT economic

realities..................that his union is PAYING FOR commercials advocating we STOP sending Cdn oil out of

country to have it refined!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diaz HAS NO CLUE who owns either the pipelines or the oil refineries and has no care...............................

for the interlocking web of INTERNATIONAL production contracts that he blithely wants to sever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Diaz and his auto workers have managed to KILL General Motors........................

and now he wants to kill Cdn oil production as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+3
Uh oh Hoid what is this that is happening right now?

Trans Mountain adds thousands of new positions for pipeline expansion project

Quote:

Trans Mountain is beefing up their workforce.
In a news release, the company says 2,200 new positions have been added since Sept. 30 for the expansion project, with a focus on Indigenous, regional and local workers.
Among the positions added include heavy equipment operators, engineers and construction managers.
The project, which would see the existing pipeline between Edmonton and Burnaby twinned, has encountered several obstacles since the federal government purchased it for $4.5 billion in from Kinder Morgan.
After receiving cabinet approval, the Federal Court of Appeal overturned the Liberals' decision in August 2018, citing environmental concerns and a lack of consultation with Indigenous peoples.
Following further work, cabinet approved the expansion for a second time in June.
Despite opposition to the project from the federal Greens and NDP, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has promised the project will go forward.
The project has received strong backing from provincial leaders across Canada, including former Alberta premier Rachel Notley and the province's current leader, Jason Kenney.
"Without market access to global energy markets, we are massively underselling one of our country’s greatest assets," said Kenney in June.

Hoid
i think its too late

nobody wants bitumen

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+1
You going to apply for a job? Maybe you would be able to afford a Tesla afterwards

Hoid
I haven't even seen any want ads for jobs from Trans Mountain.

Sounds like fake news to me

Twin_Moose
Conservative
+2
Well the article said that 2200 positions have already been filled

Hoid
I don't know anyone who works for them or has applied to work for them

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
https://www.transmountain.com/hinton...458%2C-117.502

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4

i think its too late
nobody wants bitumen

It might be too late. Odds are good that the fuel in your car right now it’s from the Alberta oil sands. If by some fluke it’s not then it has been recently....odds are good. Are you using Ontario bought gasoline that came from the big refinery in Montreal?? Quebec uses it...And exports it to Ontario... but doesn’t want Western Canada To you have access to the Atlantic with this product. Doesn’t that seem a little bit hypocritical ???

Curious Cdn
Conservative
Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

It might be too late. Odds are good that the fuel in your car right now it’s from the Alberta oil sands. If by some fluke it’s not then it has been recently....odds are good. Are you using Ontario bought gasoline that came from the big refinery in Montreal?? Quebec uses it...And exports it to Ontario... but doesn’t want Western Canada To you have access to the Atlantic with this product. Doesn’t that seem a little bit hypocritical ???

The gas in my car probably comes from somewhere around the Gulf of Mexico.

taxslave
Free Thinker
+4

If true that is another excellent reason to bring Harper back.

Ron in Regina
Free Thinker
+4
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

The gas in my car probably comes from somewhere around the Gulf of Mexico.

Yeah, maybe. Maybe a %'age of it. I'm pulling the below post from another thread (I'm lazy tonight) that was in response to someone cheering on Canadian Oil being boycotted by Patriotic Eastern Canadians (I'm assuming). Ignore the first couple sentences as they're a reply to someone else.

Quote: Originally Posted by Ron in Regina View Post

I honestly don't know where you live, and it's just an assumption that your area code might be 905? Anyway, Western Canadian Oil & its products are only 'boycotted' (lets call it throttled) from reaching more of a market in ON & QC, and from getting past Quebec to reach the rest of Canada in that direction. It's also 'boycotted' (lets call it throttled) from exporting west beyond Canada at the 1950's level unless it flows through the US first. Great deal for them.

The Montreal refinery produces everything from gasoline to heavy fuel oil, solvents, petrochemicals and other petroleum products. These are distributed primarily across Quebec and Ontario via the Trans-Northern Pipeline, which runs from Montreal to Lake Erie and has connections to Ottawa and Toronto. Finished products are also shipped by truck, by rail and over water.

Suncor’s Montreal refinery processes conventional crude oil as well as diluted bitumen and “sour” or high-sulphur crude, according to the company’s most recent annual information form. It says that in 2017, the Montreal refinery processed on average 24,300 barrels per day of diluted bitumen, 86,700 barrels per day of conventional crude and 14,700 barrels per day of other types of oil. In order to get more Canadian Oil to other Canadian markets outside of Western Canada via pipelines in the USA, American Oil sales have also had to increase dramatically into these markets (like Ontario & Quebec & the Lower Mainland of BC). These Markets can still strut about condemning Canadian Oil....& it's a great deal for the USA buying Canadian Oil for penny's to resell it for dollars. The American Oil Market is thriving & ours could be too....but here we are.

Above, Canada's percentage increased from 8% to 44%, and to accomplish that, America's share increased from 1% to 37%...who's share increased the most without factoring in that Canada's share has to pass through the US just to reach Markets in it own freak'n country?

What %'age of the increase in oil from the US into Quebec is really oil from Western Canada bought for pennies and resold into that market for dollars??? Good deal for America.

Girth
+3

Funny. I am in Edmonton right now, and I know of several people that have been hired in the last month.

JLM
No Party Affiliation
+2 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Girth View Post

Funny. I am in Edmonton right now, and I know of several people that have been hired in the last month.

A lot of the 'facts' that Hoid posts are actually just things he WISHES were facts!

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+3

Of course you don't. You think anyone who does is a White natty. You wouldn't dare sully yourself by associating with some dirty, pipe-wrangling White natty now would you.