Evangelicals Urge Trump to Denounce White Supremacists

mentalfloss
Just a scoch -- just a weeeee bit late to the party on this one.

Prominent evangelical Christian groups have signed on to a letter that calls out President Trump for his lack of condemnation of white supremacists, CNN reports. In the letter, which has been privately circulated among a coalition of pastors, the group has urged that the president condemn both white supremacy and the alt-right. “This movement has escaped your disapproval,” the letter reads. “We are praying, and call upon God’s people to humble themselves and pray that you would take the bold and moral step to denounce the alt-right.” The letter’s signatories include former Southern Baptist Convention President Rev. Fred Luter, current SBC President Rev. Steve Gaines, as well as Rev. T.D. Jakes.

Evangelicals Urge Trump to Denounce White Supremacists - The Daily Beast

Danbones
Free Thinker
+1
#2  Top Rated Post
LOL, He already has. Maybe they should get their hearing on and their brains straightened out.
You too.
Stop being a Commie Glowballist Nazi propagandist for a wile.

Because what you champion all the time is far worse then anything Trump could ever be.

Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+1
The top of flossie's head must have blown off when he discovered he was in agreement with a group that sits on the far right.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
1 who cares about evangelicals retards anyway?
2 trump already has denounced hatred etc on all sides.
3 who cares about evangelical retards anyway?

coldstream
+1
I think Trump already has condemned White Supremicists. What the alt left didn't like is he equated them with the Anarchist Blackshirts.. the other half of the gang rumble in Charlottesville. That's not allowed. The latter are Freedom Fighters, who've accepted their inherent White Man's Guilt of all the world's ills.. and have been heroic in physically preventing and attacking all forms of 'racist' free speech.
Last edited by coldstream; Sep 29th, 2017 at 12:56 PM..

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by coldstream View Post

I think Trump already has condemned White Supremicists. What the alt left didn't like is he equated with them with the Anarchist Blackshirts.. the other half of the gang rumble in Charlottesville. That's not allowed. The latter are Freedom Fighters, who've accepted their inherent White Man's Guilt.. and have been heroic in physically preventing and attacking all forms of 'racist' free speech.

What was Jesus' race?

mentalfloss
Beardies.

White_Unifier
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Beardies.

What do you mean?

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What was Jesus' race?

The real man (that's man, not son of god or messiah) was an Arab Jew

The myth from the novel called the bible was lily-white

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

What was Jesus' race?

100m freestyle. Jesus always won.

Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

The real man (that's man, not son of god or messiah) was an Arab Jew

The myth from the novel called the bible was lily-white

Acksherly, Jesus's race was never mentioned in the bible. It was medieval-to-modern paintings that presented him as a European with blond to medium brown hair.

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

100m freestyle. Jesus always won.

Acksherly, Jesus's race was never mentioned in the bible. It was medieval-to-modern paintings that presented him as a European with blond to medium brown hair.

If I said "the myth portrayed in the novel called the bible by modern religion was lily-white" would that suit you better? Not like you're too stupid to understand the meaning of the first post...or maybe you are...

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by PoliticalNick View Post

If I said "the myth portrayed in the novel called the bible by modern religion was lily-white" would that suit you better? Not like you're too stupid to understand the meaning of the first post...or maybe you are...

I'm genuinely sorry if I came across as putting you down. I meant my correction to be friendly; of course I agree with you. Just thought I'd get it in before somebody attacked you with it.

My bad.

MHz
30M American Evangelicans want to the Mid-east into a smoking hole in the ground. (except Israel of course)
[youtube]nNvtA_q0e20&t=204s[/youtube]

Waiting for Armageddon

PoliticalNick
Free Thinker

I'm genuinely sorry if I came across as putting you down. I meant my correction to be friendly; of course I agree with you. Just thought I'd get it in before somebody attacked you with it.

My bad.

Ok then!

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

The top of flossie's head must have blown off when he discovered he was in agreement with a group that sits on the far right.

Not really. All it means is that Trump has now gone so far as to alienate members of his own base.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Bar Sinister View Post

Not really. All it means is that Trump has now gone so far as to alienate members of his own base.

One term President or Impeachment after Russian Investigation..

Walter
Quote: Originally Posted by mentalfloss View Post

Just a scoch -- just a weeeee bit late to the party on this one.

Prominent evangelical Christian groups have signed on to a letter that calls out President Trump for his lack of condemnation of white supremacists, CNN reports. In the letter, which has been privately circulated among a coalition of pastors, the group has urged that the president condemn both white supremacy and the alt-right. “This movement has escaped your disapproval,” the letter reads. “We are praying, and call upon God’s people to humble themselves and pray that you would take the bold and moral step to denounce the alt-right.” The letter’s signatories include former Southern Baptist Convention President Rev. Fred Luter, current SBC President Rev. Steve Gaines, as well as Rev. T.D. Jakes.

Evangelicals Urge Trump to Denounce White Supremacists - The Daily Beast

Typical of Analfloss and the Daily Beast to get the story wrong, if you go to the source the evangelicals thank Trump for condemning white supremacists.

No evidence of this since his popularity is increasing.

Murphy
Conservative

100m freestyle. Jesus always won....

I believe Jesus' game was football. I submit, for your consideration, Bobby Bare, Drop Kick Me Jesus.

[youtube]jsWg0bt9kp4[/youtube]

Danbones
Free Thinker
...but Trump can hate gay white supremacists and black shemales...( and catholics!!!)

that's likely OK with evangelicals

ETA:
As a younger Evangelical I painted a clear distinction between Catholics and Christians.
The two were not synonymous and, more often than not, a Catholic was not, in my estimation, a Christian.
Why Is Catholicism So Unattractive to Evangelicals?

Yeah Walter shooting the messenger again are we?

See, you just really heard the real word from the real people who have really heard the real word!
REALLY!
lol coff coff ...

There are over 30,000 different kinds of Christianity...I wonder which one is the right one?
Must be some kind of test or something.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Walter View Post

Typical of Analfloss and the Daily Beast to get the story wrong, if you go to the source the evangelicals thank Trump for condemning white supremacists.

STFU Walmart..

Bar Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

...but Trump can hate gay white supremacists and black shemales...( and catholics!!!)

that's likely OK with evangelicals

ETA:
As a younger Evangelical I painted a clear distinction between Catholics and Christians.
The two were not synonymous and, more often than not, a Catholic was not, in my estimation, a Christian.
Why Is Catholicism So Unattractive to Evangelicals?

Yeah Walter shooting the messenger again are we?

See, you just really heard the real word from the real people who have really heard the real word!
REALLY!
lol coff coff ...

There are over 30,000 different kinds of Christianity...I wonder which one is the right one?
Must be some kind of test or something.

Why don't you ask why religion is so unattractive to atheists? That is a better question.

Walter

Why don't you ask why religion is so unattractive to atheists? That is a better question.

Atheism isn't a religion? News to me.

Tecumsehsbones

Nothing to do with religion. It's all about evidence, more specifically, the lack of same.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Nothing to do with religion. It's all about evidence, more specifically, the lack of same.

How does inorganic material like rock become animate, living, organic stuff? There is zero evidence of that happening around us in the environment, anywhere. It's either alive with all of the complexity that it entails or it's not. There are no in-between chemistries or processes to be seen. The division between the "quick and the inanimate" is a profound wall.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

How does inorganic material like rock become animate, living, organic stuff? There is zero evidence of that happening around us in the environment, anywhere. It's either alive with all of the complexity that it entails or it's not. There are no in-between chemistries or processes to be seen. The division between the "quick and the inanimate" is a profound wall.

And your conclusion is therefore some great big beardy old guy in a nightshirt sitting on a cloud smiting folk for jerking off is the only possible way it could have happened?

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

And your conclusion is therefore some great big beardy old guy in a nightshirt sitting on a cloud smiting folk for jerking off is the only possible way it could have happened?

Yeah, makes perfect sense.

I didn't make a conclusion but that could be one theory. Another is that life does not originate in terrestrial conditions. Maybe, it comes from rich gas clouds in interstellar space. That would explain why we don't see the processes of the inorganic turning into the organic here on Earth. Unless the physical laws of the universe have changed over the last four billion years, life probably didn't originate here. All is theory. Any one is as valid as the next.

Tecumsehsbones

I didn't make a conclusion but that could be one theory. Another is that life does not originate in terrestrial conditions. Maybe, it comes from rich gas clouds in interstellar space. That would explain why we don't see the processes of the inorganic turning into the organic here on Earth. Unless the physical laws of the universe have changed over the last four billion years, life probably didn't originate here. All is theory. Any one is as valid as the next.

Hence my comment about lack of evidence.

Curious Cdn
Conservative

Hence my comment about lack of evidence.

...either for or against ...

Tecumsehsbones

...either for or against ...

Logical flaw. There's a ton of evidence that the religions banging around the world are fairy tales.

MHz

There's a ton of evidence

Don't be afraid to display a few pounds of that proof.