Asian-American woman wants white people to pay for making her sick

Twila
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
I think it would be cheaper for her to simply move.

__________________________________________________ _
An Oregon woman has raised nearly $1,500 to pay for illnesses she claims were brought on by being an Asian-American living in a predominantly white city.
I grew up in and live in the [Portland] area. The stress of living as a Thai-Cambodian woman in such a white city replete with constant interpersonal and institutional racism has a big toll on my health and wellbeing, according to the YouCaring posting by Rinna Rem.
The heading of her crowdfunding appeal is: White Friends, Pay For My Therapy.
Rem claims to be 29 and suffering from depression and the connective-tissue disorder Marfan syndrome.
From Sept. 10 through Tuesday, she had raised $1,495.
Im 29 and really tired, she wrote. I want to live a healthy, happy life. I want to have a healthy, happy family in the future too. Help me pay for therapy to deal with the stress of racism. Please dont let racism shorten my life or kill me.

Asian-American woman wants white people to pay for making her sick | New York Post

EagleSmack
+1
And she raised about $1,500 for herself so far. Not bad for free money.

Twila
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

And she raised about $1,500 for herself so far. Not bad for free money.

that part blew me away. lol.

EagleSmack
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

that part blew me away. lol.

Just get your cause out there, be honest in your appeal and who knows what can happen.

AnnaG
+1
hhmmm
Religion and politics and greed are giving me heartburn! I should sue humanity.
hehehe

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

An Oregon woman has raised nearly $1,500 to pay for illnesses she claims were brought on by being an Asian-American living in a predominantly white city.

Well piss off back to Rangoon, then, you stupid woman.

Your attitude would be like me moving to China and then complaining that there are too many yellow, shifty, slitty-eyed weirdos eating chicken bollocks with chilli dip.