Behold the modern campus, home of deep thought and cool intellects


Locutus
+2
#1  Top Rated Post
Hysterical and Therefore Righteous

The incident happened Tuesday night, when students thought they found several nooses hanging from a tree. Word quickly spread as campus officials swiftly released a statement condemning the foul hate crime. But come morning, police said a short investigation had led them to conclude the “nooses” were really just the remnants of paper lanterns from an event held all the way back in June.

In the video linked here police chief Patrick Ogden calmly explains what a paper lantern looks like, and the fact that a paper lantern isn’t actually a symbol of racial hatred.

Yes, I know. It’s almost funny. But then,

Unperturbed by the truth, students launched an assembly following the incident to speak as though the hate crime really did happen.

According to the News Journal, a local paper, the assembly was held “to find ways to change the campus climate” in the wake of the bad atmosphere apparently exposed by a fictional hate crime… One administrator said the climate of hate at Delaware was exposed by the mere fact he could even believe the alleged hate crime occurred.

And so,

The University of Delaware’s vice provost for diversity Carol Henderson… said the college is planning to launch a new “diversity action plan” as soon as it’s approved by school officials.

With so many witch finders now in business, witches will be found.



davidthompson: Hysterical and Therefore Righteous
 
Jinentonix
+2
#2
Ban the paper lantern. It's an obvious symbol of racism and hatred.


Seriously, I f*cking weep for our future if these are the kind of morons attending university these days.
 
Twila
+2
#3
Makes me wonder if some positive comments were made towards the "nooses".

Seems that a place of higher learning should continue dialogue. talking / discussing / open dialogue is a skill that is not taught in schools (for the most part), or at home, or on social media, or the internet. Screaming, yelling, threatening and the ever present chant "I'm offended" is all the dialogue most people are equipped for.
 
petros
+2
#4
SJWs are in need of loctite blue. The loctite red can't take the brain overheating and screws will loosen.
 
EagleSmack
+1
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Makes me wonder if some positive comments were made towards the "nooses".

Seems that a place of higher learning should continue dialogue. talking / discussing / open dialogue is a skill that is not taught in schools (for the most part), or at home, or on social media, or the internet. Screaming, yelling, threatening and the ever present chant "I'm offended" is all the dialogue most people are equipped for .

Which is exactly what this dialogue, discussion, and talking will be. More collegiate infantilism. It is the new way in universities. Extreme coddling.

No wonder why many have break downs when they get to the real world.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Which is exactly what this dialogue, discussion, and talking will be. More collegiate infantilism. It is the new way in universities. Extreme coddling.

No wonder why many have break downs when they get to the real world.

Two of my offsprung got degrees and it is killing me to reeducate them. Un believable the slop still left in thier heads mostly about the LBGTQP communities and the miracle of western democracies. I'v told them both that I ain't picking up the tab for the student loans I advised them not to swallow in the first place.
 
petros
+1
#7
Conspiracy theories aren't viable reeducation materials.
 
darkbeaver
+1
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Conspiracy theories aren't viable reeducation materials.

Then why do you spend so much time attempting to debunk so called obvious errors in thinking? Wouldn't you be better served by continuing your vital work with dirt uninterrupted with what you consider falsities rather than follow alleged idiots to the adit of thier rabbit hole?
 
taxslave
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Ban the paper lantern. It's an obvious symbol of racism and hatred.


Seriously, I f*cking weep for our future if these are the kind of morons attending university these days.

Worse still these are the people that are in charge of our universities.
 
AnnaG
#10
Weird. But then I suppose some minds just cannot handle the responsibility of training so many human minds to think rather than present kneejerk reactions.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Ban the paper lantern. It's an obvious symbol of racism and hatred.


Seriously, I f*cking weep for our future if these are the kind of morons attending university these days.

They probably had engineering teachers who couldn't tell a digital clock from a bomb.
 
Blackleaf
#12
Modern Western universities - no longer the bastions of free speech they used to be and are supposed to be. They've been taken over by a (mainly female) cadre of right-on, anti-male (no wonder male students are snubbing uni these days) Guardianista-types who see offence in every slightest thing and no speech must be made or opinion given which goes against what they believe.
 
Jinentonix
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

They probably had engineering teachers who couldn't tell a digital clock from a bomb.

See I'm confused about this. They teach engineering to 14 yr olds in Texas?
 
Twila
+2
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Modern Western universities - no longer the bastions of free speech they used to be and are supposed to be. They've been taken over by a (mainly female) cadre of right-on, anti-male (no wonder male students are snubbing uni these days) Guardianista-types who see offence in every slightest thing and no speech must be made or opinion given which goes against what they believe.

Who'd have thought men would give up so easily..I guess you guys just can't hack it.
 
Tecumsehsbones
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

See I'm confused about this.

Clearly.

Quote:

They teach engineering to 14 yr olds in Texas?

If the press is to be believed. (That's a whole new thread. Or six.)
 
EagleSmack
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Who'd have thought men would give up so easily..I guess you guys just can't hack it.

We are talking about englishmen

Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

See I'm confused about this. They teach engineering to 14 yr olds in Texas?

The kid put together a simple Radio Shack type digital clock that beeps and put it in a brief case and brought it to school in his back pack. He's a genius and has now invented the digital clock.

Oh... he's a hero now as well.
 
Blackleaf
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

We are talking about englishmen


Whereas American men still attend such universities. I think it says more about American men than British men.

What's the point of universities that breed such idiots asks SARAH VINE | Daily Mail Online
 
AnnaG
#18
But American men knew enough not to build ships from flammable metals.
We learned the flammability of Mg in gr 7 science class. It burns very bright and very hot.
That makes me wonder if the Brits ever tried building stuff from Na and sticking them near water, too.
 

Similar Threads

6
Deep integration' means deep trouble
by mrmom2 | Sep 15th, 2005
24
Behold the results of 'downsizing'
by peapod | Sep 14th, 2005