Criminal or sick?

JLM
Kootenay bank robber gets 10 years - Nelson Star

The same sentence as many get for murder!

I'm a little familiar with Rheumatoid arthritis and it is a hell of a disease!

AnnaG
Both.
Multiple armed robberies.
By the looks of things, he turned to drugs and alcohol instead of regular treatments for RA.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Both.
By the looks of things, he turned to drugs and alcohol instead of regular treatments for RA.

I agree, but R.A. is pretty hard to treat effectively.

petros
He made himself worse and it's irrelevant. He made a choice not the drugs or the RA.

AnnaG
+1
#5  Top Rated Post
Of course it was his choice, but it may have been that the drugs triggered him. Perhaps if he didn't do drugs, he may never have thought to do anything illegal and acquire a criminal record.

Tecumsehsbones

Both.

You say that like it's a bad thing.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Well........................it's probably not good!

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Well........................it's probably not good!

You're not using the right drugs and alcohol.

petros

Of course it was his choice, but it may have been that the drugs triggered him. Perhaps if he didn't do drugs, he may never have thought to do anything illegal and acquire a criminal record.

He has known for his entire life robbing and killing are flat out wrong. The drugs didn't talk him out of knowing it's wrong. Who talked the drugs out knowing killing and robbing is wrong instead of driving him to make choice of rehab? The alcohol?

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

He has known for his entire life robbing and killing are flat out wrong. The drugs didn't talk him out of knowing it's wrong. Who talked the drugs out knowing killing and robbing is wrong instead of driving him to make choice of rehab? The alcohol?

Sometimes a person just reaches the point where he/she just don't give a sh*t!

IdRatherBeSkiing
Name me a murderer who has got 10 years? 2nd or 1st degree murder is AUTOMATIC life sentence.

petros

Sometimes a person just reaches the point where he/she just don't give a sh*t!

Which he did all by himself. Dope, booze whatever. He also knew the consequences of selfmedicating. He took the chicken sh-t route, doubled down on his depression which doubles the pain. Had he accepted his fate like a man he could have manage the remainder of his life without depression and halved his pain.

I have no empathy for anyone who takes the loser route.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Name me a murderer who has got 10 years? 2nd or 1st degree murder is AUTOMATIC life sentence.

I can name you one that did less than 7 years for 2nd degree.

petros
I know someone who did 2 years for 2nd. She stabbed a gay hooker in a fight over a corner. Her prison was sharing a house out on the open range. They aren't even locked up. There is nowhere to hide and the loving environment will kill you summer or dead of winter.

JLM

I can name you one that did less than 7 years for 2nd degree.

Actually I can name a couple who served 10 or less. One was Hueneman's accomplice and the other was involved in the Rena Virk murder. They were both raised to adult court.

I know someone who did 2 years for 2nd. She stabbed a gay hooker in a fight over a corner. Her prison was sharing a house out on the open range. They aren't even locked up. There is nowhere to hide and the loving environment will kill you summer or dead of winter.

In some of these cases one is as bad as the other, sometimes it's just the luck of the draw as to which survives.

petros
Some 2nds get a full pull of 20 too.

He had options, RA isn't an excuse.

JLM

Some 2nds get a full pull of 20 too.

He had options, RA isn't an excuse.

My bro -in- law has had Rheumatoid Arthritis for 30 years - it is a terrible disease- every joint on his body is a bunch of spurs, he doesn't walk, he shuffles, he's restricted to wearing sandals 12 months a year, things that we take for granted like opening a pocket knife or buttoning up a shirt he can't do. He was lucky in that he managed to work until he qualified for pension and the medical coverage that comes with it. Maybe this bank robber was in the same straits or worse, so I won't judge him!