Lunacy of the Left

petros
+5
When was the last time you've seen kids playing in the streets in groups.

When we were kids the last thing we wanted to do was sit alone indoors in seclusion.

It was punishment to be stuck indoors unable to socialize with our friends.

The streets and parks were our social media.

1/3 of youth have no spirituality. How do you fill that emptiness?

I wouldn't want to be an imprisoned child for 18 years. How do you discover who you are when cut loose at 18? You can't so you struggle desperately to find an identity and latch on to the first thing that makes you feel included even if it's a jaded ideology.

captain morgan
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

When we were kids the last thing we wanted to do was sit alone indoors in seclusion.

I wouldn't want to be an imprisoned child for 18 years. How do you discover who you are when cut loose at 18? You can't so you struggle desperately to find an identity and latch on to the first thing that makes you feel included even if it's a jaded ideology.

Exceptionally well said
+5000

Serryah
+1 / -1

I agree with everything but your 'spirituality part.

Someone's belief, or not, in anything spiritual doesn't make them a better person. That "emptiness" can be filled with lots of things that has nothing to do with spirituality. My brother's family don't really have any spirituality, yet my SIL and niece constantly volunteer for things like food banks, helping the homeless, making meals, etc.

But the rest, sadly, I do agree with. And am thankful that my brother and SIL are raising my niece to be an amazing person despite the social media BS.

petros
+1
Quote:

Someone's belief, or not, in anything spiritual doesn't make them a better person. That "emptiness" can be filled with lots of things that has nothing to do with spirituality. My brother's family don't really have any spirituality, yet my SIL and niece constantly volunteer for things like food banks, helping the homeless, making meals, etc.

That isn't spirituality. That is community involvement. It's noble but sharing is purly human nature.

You might be tieing Religion to spirituality and that's okay.

Spirituality goes far beyond Religion.

Without experiencing something, how the hell would you know it was missing from your life?
Last edited by petros; Jul 21st, 2019 at 01:24 PM..

Serryah

That isn't spirituality. That is community involvement. It's noble but sharing is purly human nature.

Without experiencing something, how the hell would you know it was missing from your life?

Sharing isn't just purely human nature.

So I guess then I should ask to clarify what you mean by Spirituality?

I also think that the emptiness can still be filled by what you call 'community involvement', and thus do not necessarily need to have someone be spiritual.

pgs
Quote: Originally Posted by Serryah View Post

I agree with everything but your 'spirituality part.

But the rest, sadly, I do agree with. And am thankful that my brother and SIL are raising my niece to be an amazing person despite the social media BS.

It appears your family has spirituality and put it to great use in their community , they should be complimented. Organized religion is necessary for spirituality.

pgs
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

It appears your family has spirituality and put it to great use in their community , they should be complimented. Organized religion is necessary for spirituality.

That should read not necessary.

Hoid
+2
organized religion is needed to exploit spirituality

petros
+1

Sharing isn't just purely human nature.
So I guess then I should ask to clarify what you mean by Spirituality?
I also think that the emptiness can still be filled by what you call 'community involvement', and thus do not necessarily need to have someone be spiritual.

Spirituality isn't an action, a string of words or a lifestyle.

Those are outward. Spirituality is inwards, personal, a sense of calm, a mitigation of fears, believing in yourself, rational thought, control of emotion, knowing what you are capable of and most importantly acceptance of the rotten as being on par with the good.

You can't achieve that by following the digital herd or by seeking approval of the herd, isolation and pepetually lashing out in anger.

There are 2 paths to happiness. Indifference or acceptance of an imperfect world.

I accept that I'm not perfect and the world isn't perfect but be damned if I'll lash out in rage trying to make everyone else around me perfect when I know I'm not.

I can go hand out sammiches but is because of spiritual endeavours or is it ego?
Last edited by petros; Jul 21st, 2019 at 02:35 PM..

Walter
+1
Video Goes Viral of Rep. Tlaib Losing It at 2016 Trump Event: 'You Guys Are Crazy!'
https://pjmedia.com/trending/video-g...6-trump-event/

The face of the Dems. Brilliant. KAG2020

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Sig Hiel
!

MHz

It's only been around 55 years, and 3 generations.

What made this last generation so dillusional and hate filled?

The last 550 years of the world running the same corrupt way might be a factor or three.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Sig Hiel
!

That should be an 'Amen' if I'm not mistaken as the term you used has to do with what the body is doing. (I'm not going to research that term for you)

JLM

Spirituality is a force that you can't see, feel or hear!

captain morgan
+3

Kinda like the Church of Global Warming, right?

Walter
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Kinda like the Church of Global Warming, right?

Or the religion of Climate Change.

Hoid
or the cult of climate change deniers

Curious Cdn

or the cult of of wacko conspiracy theorists

Danbones
Loon I see.

Serryah
+1

Spirituality isn't an action, a string of words or a lifestyle.

Those are outward. Spirituality is inwards, personal, a sense of calm, a mitigation of fears, believing in yourself, rational thought, control of emotion, knowing what you are capable of and most importantly acceptance of the rotten as being on par with the good.

You can't achieve that by following the digital herd or by seeking approval of the herd, isolation and pepetually lashing out in anger.

There are 2 paths to happiness. Indifference or acceptance of an imperfect world.

I accept that I'm not perfect and the world isn't perfect but be damned if I'll lash out in rage trying to make everyone else around me perfect when I know I'm not.

I can go hand out sammiches but is because of spiritual endeavours or is it ego?

That's... an interesting definition of Spirituality.

I don't see Spirituality as the same as you though, so... I agree it's an inward, personal thing but that's about it.

As for your question... only you can answer that. I know for my SIL, it's for a sense of helping others and making the world a better place. It's something to teach my niece about how to be a decent person, and that others are just as important as she is. To me, that's not ego, that's Spiritualness...

Cliffy
Organized religion is for those who fear going to hell.
Spirituality is for those who have already been there.

JLM
+1

Climate has been changing for 2 billion years so what is there to deny? Statistics tell us we had spells of more severe weather in the 1930s and 40s. My dad used to talk a lot about the winter of 1936- 37. I recall the winter of 1950, seen nothing like it since.

petros

That's... an interesting definition of Spirituality.
I don't see Spirituality as the same as you though, so... I agree it's an inward, personal thing but that's about it.
As for your question... only you can answer that. I know for my SIL, it's for a sense of helping others and making the world a better place. It's something to teach my niece about how to be a decent person, and that others are just as important as she is. To me, that's not ego, that's Spiritualness...

That's still ego.

Serryah

That's still ego.

As you see it, not as I see it. To me, it's the spirit of Humanity.

Danbones
Here is a fine example of the spirit of humanity.

OUST MP PETITION

42,000 people sign petition urging Labour MP to resign after tweeting victims of grooming gangs should be quiet

MORE than 42,000 people have called on a prominent Labour MP to resign after she called on victims of Asian sex abuse gangs to keep quiet "for diversity".

The Sun revealed last week that Naz Shah retweeted and "liked" a post on Twitter that said: "Those abused girls in Rotherham and elsewhere just need to shut their mouths. For the good of diversity."

Labour MP Naz Shah shared a message online telling Rotherham sex abuse victims to 'shut their mouths'

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/435839...weet-petition/

The biggest party on the left in the UK in terms of members and representation is the Labour Party
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_Left

Now there is the loony left in action. Talk about "spirituality"! LOL, since when are the grooming gang "MUSLIMS" mentioned here, actually called "Asians" in reality?
Last edited by Danbones; Jul 23rd, 2019 at 06:43 AM..

Twin_Moose
+3
Former Democrat judge ordered to jail, dragged out of courtroom in Cincinnati

pgs
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Twin_Moose View Post

Former Democrat judge ordered to jail, dragged out of courtroom in Cincinnati

She is finding out that jail isnít just for the little people .

darkbeaver
+3
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

EVIL MUTILATION Mum and lesbian lover tear off 9-year-old sonís penis then behead him
Ďas he reminded her of her dadí

A MUM and her lesbian lover tore off her nine-year-old son's penis before beheading him because he reminded her of her dad.

Mum Rosana C‚ndido, 27, and Kacyla Pessoa, 28, of Brazil, stabbed the boy over a dozen times and removed all the skin from his face before butchering his body.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/930039...killed-brazil/

A circle jerk?...not for everyone cliffy.

Every time I read a report like this I know pure evil exists and walks among us.

Walter
+1
Why Discuss Melania Trump In An Interview When Michelle Obama Is So ‘Incredible?’
https://dailycaller.com/2019/07/23/v...ma-incredible/

Guess they hate immigrants.

Walter
Top strategist projects narrow Electoral College victory for Democrats
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaig...-for-democrats

Wishful.