Kerry Won

Haggis McBagpipe
Quote: Originally Posted by HousesOfApollo

Quote: Originally Posted by Haggis McBagpipe

And ahem, not leaving the house and eating too much junk food and posting to forums day and night is NOT going to help get the US back on track. 8-) It might make you stop caring, though, and that is a bad thing.

Dammit! Let me have my mourning period! :cussing: Mourning in America....

Two days is enough for the mourning, now you can go into semi-mourning, which means getting on your bicycle, grabbing some healthy food and getting your butt out there! 8-) Oh, and what the hell, you could always, as part of the semi-mourning process, stick some 'Ask me how I'm changing the environment' stickers on all the suepr-sized SUVs you see. 8-)

Reverend Blair
Waterton is pretty close to you, Apollo...you can have that kind of again. Just don't try to have the kind of fun I had...people used to actually have a running pool on when I would get killed. Nobody thought I was going to make 25. Guess I fooled them.

Don't sit inside either. I'm sure there are some like-mided people your age in your area...go and party with them. You'll find you aren't alone and if you all get together you'll find things get easier.

HousesOfApollo

And ahem, not leaving the house and eating too much junk food and posting to forums day and night is NOT going to help get the US back on track. It might make you stop caring, though, and that is a bad thing.

Dammit! Let me have my mourning period! Mourning in America....

Two days is enough for the mourning, now you can go into semi-mourning, which means getting on your bicycle, grabbing some healthy food and getting your butt out there! Oh, and what the hell, you could always, as part of the semi-mourning process, stick some 'Ask me how I'm changing the environment' stickers on all the suepr-sized SUVs you see.

But I'm starting to like junk food again. Mmm, cookies and cake. I can be like Michael Moore :P . My bike is broken but I could always for a walk. Yea, I'm thinking that I might do that, but I'd get some s-hit from our a-hole cops. What I need to do is try to work with organization.

HousesOfApollo
Quote: Originally Posted by Reverend Blair

Waterton is pretty close to you, Apollo...you can have that kind of again. Just don't try to have the kind of fun I had...people used to actually have a running pool on when I would get killed. Nobody thought I was going to make 25. Guess I fooled them.

Don't sit inside either. I'm sure there are some like-mided people your age in your area...go and party with them. You'll find you aren't alone and if you all get together you'll find things get easier.

Damn, most people my age are f-ucking Bush youths around here. Hell, I don't think I can make 21. Not with this kind of environment to live in.

Haggis McBagpipe

But I'm starting to like junk food again. Mmm, cookies and cake.

8-) Think of junk food as the Food of Mainstream America, which most assuredly it is. I think that is at least half the reason why they think as they do... their brains are fried on fat and sugar.

The bicycle is broken? What the hell, steal a new one. Kidding! Bikes are cheap to fix, and riding around in the cold clear winter air is definitely a good way to wash Bush-thoughs out of your head for awhile. It worked for me yesterday and today, that's how I kept sane after Bush 'won' the election.

HousesOfApollo
My theory is that they're made docile from the fluoride in the drinking water, and the fluoride in the toothpaste. They are make docile by anti-depressants that give people a false sense of security. Oh well, it's time to eat some REAL food for dinner. Talk to you later, my friends.

Haggis McBagpipe

My theory is that they're made docile from the fluoride in the drinking water, and the fluoride in the toothpaste. They are make docile by anti-depressants that give people a false sense of security. Oh well, it's time to eat some REAL food for dinner. Talk to you later, my friends.

The first I don't buy, but I agree about the anti-depressants.

Enjoy your real food, gorge on it, then you won't have as much room for the junk food! 8-) Glad you've come to our forum, Apollo.

Paranoid Dot Calm
Hey! PeaPod

Americans will find no safe harbourage in Canada.

http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Column...19/675510.html

http://www.nodraftnoway.org/news.php...t_from=&ucat=&

I have a "personal" dislike for draft dodgers.
In the early 70's while newly married and living in Yellowknife, NWT, my wife and I belonged to a Bridge club.
A draft dodger who normally hid out with the Eskimo's, was of the opposing card player teams.
When I thought I was playing for who was paying for dinner .... I was playing for the wife.
She snuck off (like a snake in the grass) with the draft dodger!

Reverend Blair
The Martin government is dead wrong on this one. Canada did not join the war in Iraq because the evidence of a clear and present threat did not exist. The absence of a clear and present threat against the US...nothing less than working weapons of mass destruction and delivery systems capable of striking American targets...makes the invasion of Iraq illegal according to international agreements that both Canada and the United States are signatory to.

Canada is also signatory to international agreements stating that military personal cannot be forced to fight as aggressors in an illegal war. If refusal to participate in such a war puts them at risk of jail, then they are being persecuted for political beliefs and can claim refugee status in Canada.

Martin is trying to weasel out of Canada's legal obligations because of his insane need to be Georgie's lap dog. I hope to hell he loses in court.

ElPolaco
Rogue states are frightening. Superpowers are frightening. Rogue state superpowers are...

Reverend Blair
Hey Polaco, welcome to the site.

I think the superpower part of that equation is going to start to slip pretty drastically over the few years. It's going to be a hell of a mess, but it's bound to happen.

ElPolaco
Canada provided a haven for escaped slaves and a haven for Vietnam war resisters. I would sure hate to see Canada end the tradition.

HousesOfApollo
Quote: Originally Posted by ElPolaco

Canada provided a haven for escaped slaves and a haven for Vietnam war resisters. I would sure hate to see Canada end the tradition.

Me too man, we need Canada, we need some of sanity in this world.

Reverend Blair
Keep in mind that Paul Martin is our PM and l'il Stevie Harper is the leader of the official opposition. Looking to us for sanity is kind of asking the Mad Hatter where your rabbit went.

HousesOfApollo
Ok, relative sanity , do you want to spend some time here?

Reverend Blair
I do. My needs are simple...a room, some cheeseburgers, a computer, beer and tobacco. My reality is much more complicated though. I don't relish travelling right now.

HousesOfApollo
I'll be waiting . I'm stuck here and I feel a draft...

Reverend Blair
I'm not actually allowed in your country right now, Apollo. I made one of George Bush's official enemies lists. How's that for bizarre?

I could take the time and money to get a lawyer and beat that, or I can stay here until it goes away. I have no pressing business in the United States so I see nothing but humour in the fact that I'm in the same boat as Farley Mowatt.

HousesOfApollo
Heh, it's not hard to do. Cat Stevens and Ted Kennedy managed to do it

vista
Too Funny.

Average IQ Scores by State and How they Voted

http://www.popperian.com/?q=node/view/113

HousesOfApollo
heh. Mississippi is just a few points above retarded, that's about right :P.

Reverend Blair
I did it before either Teddy or Cat. What a trend-setter I am.

You be nice to Mississippi...I have many old blues albums that never would have existed without the brutal oppression and stupidity that's available there.

HousesOfApollo
Blind Lemon Jefferson was from mississippi, wasn't he? Heh...

Reverend Blair
Everytime I hear Blind Lemon I think about that Cheech and Chong thing with Blind Melon Chitlin.

I'll bet you young guys don't even know that Cheech Marin used to be funny.

Haggis McBagpipe
My husband got to see Cheech & Chong in a nightclub in San Diego in the early 70s when they just started out, he said it was the most awesome show. We have the Big Bambu album and a couple of others. Haven't used the roach paper yet, even after all these years. We're saving it for a special occasion.

Dave's not here, man....