Trans Mountain ‘pipeline is going to get built’: Trudeau dismisses B.C.’s bitumen ban


Hoid
#61
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Bitumen Doesn't Float

Study debunks Enbridge claims that oil sands crude spill is standard clean-up

Some diluted bitumen products will sink in fresh and brackish marine waters in less than 26hours following a tanker spill or accident at a marine terminal.
That's the conclusion of new report by Jeff Short, a highly respected U.S. environmental chemist who worked with for National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) for decades.




Short directed much of the groundbreaking research on the impact of the Exxon Valdez spill on aquatic life. His research found that oil's toxic properties lasted as long as two decades in marine waters.
The scientist's bitumen study ("Susceptibility of Diluted Bitumen from the Alberta Tar Sands to Sinking in Water"), was filed by the Gitxaala Nation to the National Energy Board last March and directly contradicts testimony by Enbridge hired guns during the Northern Gateway hearings.


http://thetyee.ca/News/2013/05/23/Bi...oes-Not-Float/

Very little research at all into bitumen spills on the west coast.

I don't see how anyone could possibly object to a scientific study into it.

I don;t see how anyone can possibly ship that shit without definitive knowledge.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
petros
+2
#62
Bitumen Doesn't Float

Some diluted bitumen products will sink in fresh and brackish marine waters in less than 26hours following a tanker spill or accident at a marine terminal.

Bitumen floats.

Misleading the eco-apes.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#63
Petroglyph, if you want to fukk up the environment, fukk up your own. Bitumen is being exported and has nothing to do with domestic use. Your argument is stupid, as usual. If is such great stuff, why are we not refining it here and using it? Because it is crap.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#64
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Any oil imports into Canada are a drag on the economy.

Why is that so hard for knuckle dragging eco-apes to understand?

TMPL Reduces supertankers from Alaska sailing through The Juan Defuca Straight into Puget Sound.

Yea remember that tanker crashing in Active Pass ? Hold is studying its effects still . When did that happen anyway ?

Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Petroglyph, if you want to fukk up the environment, fukk up your own. Bitumen is being exported and has nothing to do with domestic use. Your argument is stupid, as usual. If is such great stuff, why are we not refining it here and using it? Because it is crap.

So you wouldn’t object to a refinery on the shores of Arrow Lake ?k
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#65
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yea remember that tanker crashing in Active Pass ? Hold is studying its effects still . When did that happen anyway ?


So you wouldn’t object to a refinery on the shores of Arrow Lake ?k

You want the stuff, build it in your own back yard. It's crap. Leave it in the ground.
 
Hoid
#66
Trudeau promised yesterday a billion dollar world class spill response capability for the west coast.

But there is no current understanding of what bitumen will do here if spilled. SO its all talk and no action.

It will all be fine is not good enough.
 
petros
+1
#67
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Petroglyph, if you want to fukk up the environment, fukk up your own. Bitumen is being exported and has nothing to do with domestic use. Your argument is stupid, as usual. If is such great stuff, why are we not refining it here and using it? Because it is crap.

No bitumen is being exported ya stupid, brain dead stoner.

Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

So you wouldn’t object to a refinery on the shores of Arrow Lake ?k

He had no problem visiting a Rez that has its own oil company and wells that partnered up in a new refinery.
 
pgs
Free Thinker
+1
#68
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

You want the stuff, build it in your own back yard. It's crap. Leave it in the ground.

So you really don’t want it refined here after all .
 
Hoid
#69
Try building a refinery in Canada.

It can't be done. Modern law has pretty much relegated new oil refineries to the third world and Texas.
 
petros
+2
#70
Quote:

Stoughton refinery should be up by late 2019

Stoughton refinery should be up by late 2019
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#71
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Stoughton refinery should be up by late 2019

It should be producing Rye whiskey by the end of next year



(... as a fuel additive ...)
 
petros
#72
What the f-ck?
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#73
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

What the f-ck?

Oh, it's an oil refinery!?

In Saskatchewan?




Really?
 
petros
#74
The gargle noodle pet the lawn chair.
 
Curious Cdn
Conservative
#75
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

The gargle noodle pet the lawn chair.

Sounds like my first guess was correct.
 
petros
#76
Eep ortle ombooley whazoo pizwaum.
 
Jinentonix
No Party Affiliation
+2
#77
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Try building a refinery in Canada.

It can't be done. Modern law has pretty much relegated new oil refineries to the third world and Texas.

Canada doesn't need any more refining capacity. What we need is for retards like you to comprehend the fact that it's better to have western oil being refined in eastern refineries instead of supporting islamic terrorism by purchasing oil from shitholes like Saudi Arabia and Iran to be shipped to the East Coast.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#78
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Of course it floats and none is being piped or rail tanked to any shore anywhere.

Facts are facts.

How much longer will this be tolerated?



Lower Mainland drivers may be experiencing a bit of sticker shock this week as prices at the pump have climbed to an average of $1.479 per litre in most areas Tuesday.

"Vancouver has traditionally been subject to the highest prices for gasoline anywhere in North America and this certainly is the case today," said gas price analyst Dan McTeague.

McTeague, of Gasbuddy.com, says a rise in prices is not the norm for this time of year.

"This is an unusual January in that we rarely see prices move up. If anything, they move down," he said.

"But a combination of oil prices moving up several dollars a barrel, shortages in the U.S. West Coast where we draw in a lot of our gasoline supply ... all of these things are contributing to the much higher prices," McTeague said.

McTeague says one of the contributing factors to high prices in the region is that we don't produce enough gasoline in our own backyard.

"We have one small refinery, the Parkland Refinery over in Burnaby — 55,000 barrels a day, that's just not enough to meet the demands for the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island to boot," he said.

If you hate Trans Mountain you are a good egg to Trump and Evil Corp USA LLC

As for BC tourism and carbon tax, big losses ahead.

Summer could see even higher prices
McTeague says he expects prices to stay around $1.44 for the next few weeks before dropping mid-February to about $1.40.

But he is predicting that prices this summer could reach $1.50 or higher.

"In the meantime, it's more pain at the pumps and I suspect that many people will be making that trip across the border into Blaine, [Wash.]
."

Until we band together and boycott 1 brand at a time for a month each.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

The NDP have got to stop the pipeline or they lose the support of the Green party which means the lose the government.

That would be called a win-win.

With the bonus of having more pipeline capacity.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#79
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Canada doesn't need any more refining capacity. What we need is for retards like you to comprehend the fact that it's better to have western oil being refined in eastern refineries instead of supporting islamic terrorism by purchasing oil from shitholes like Saudi Arabia and Iran to be shipped to the East Coast.

Then send that crap back east and keep it out of BC. You want it, you can have it.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#80
Quote: Originally Posted by OpposingDigit View Post

As sanctions against Iran increase and as bad-mouthing Venezuela increase, we can expect higher energy pricing.
I would guess that BC voters have about as much say as Ontario voters have when it comes to nuclear waste disposal.

There is no nu clear in BC.aside from the piddling amount in laboratories and cancer clinics.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

Trudeau promised yesterday a billion dollar world class spill response capability for the west coast.

But there is no current understanding of what bitumen will do here if spilled. SO its all talk and no action.

It will all be fine is not good enough.

So build a dozen or so refineries on the coast and just export refined products. Problem solved.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
#81
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

That would be called a win-win.

With the bonus of having more pipeline capacity.

Yup. You get a job while the rest of BC gets shit on. You are a class A jerk who only thinks of his pathetic self. You don't care about destroying the west coast fishery so you can work in bush camps and buy more toys. Shove your pipeline up your ass.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#82
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Canada doesn't need any more refining capacity. What we need is for retards like you to comprehend the fact that it's better to have western oil being refined in eastern refineries instead of supporting islamic terrorism by purchasing oil from shitholes like Saudi Arabia and Iran to be shipped to the East Coast.

BC needs more refineries. Currently lots of our gas comes from Washington. Which is a crying shame since Georgia Straight is sitting on unknown amount sof crude.
 
JamesBondo
+3
#83
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Nobody in the Kootenays wants this pipeline. I believe we outnumber the southern Cariboo. And since it is running roughshod over indigenous territory, things could get really ugly, like Gustafson Lake.

Now I know you are jaded and willing to lie your butt off in a forum just to support your point of view. No part of Canada, not even the Kootenays is that polarized on an issue of job creation.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#84
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Yup. You get a job while the rest of BC gets shit on. You are a class A jerk who only thinks of his pathetic self. You don't care about destroying the west coast fishery so you can work in bush camps and buy more toys. Shove your pipeline up your ass.

Have you stopped driving your gas guzzling oil burner yet hypocrite? Or collecting welfare?

See cliffy the difference between me and losers like you is that I care about the future for my grandkids while you only care about yourself.
 
IdRatherBeSkiing
#85
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Then send that crap back east and keep it out of BC. You want it, you can have it.


Sounds like a great idea. Let's make BC gasoline and oil free. They can still drive their electric cars of course.
 
taxslave
Free Thinker
#86
Quote: Originally Posted by IdRatherBeSkiing View Post

Sounds like a great idea. Let's make BC gasoline and oil free. They can still drive their electric cars of course.

How would cliffy get to his tin teepee on the free to him logging road?
 
Hoid
#87
Quote: Originally Posted by Jinentonix View Post

Canada doesn't need any more refining capacity. What we need is for retards like you to comprehend the fact that it's better to have western oil being refined in eastern refineries instead of supporting islamic terrorism by purchasing oil from shitholes like Saudi Arabia and Iran to be shipped to the East Coast.

have never said a word about refining, other than it is impossible to get a new refinery built in Canada.
 
Cliffy
Free Thinker
+1
#88
 
JamesBondo
+1
#89
good luck with that. that is as unrealistic as prohibition

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

have never said a word about refining, other than it is impossible to get a new refinery built in Canada.

you don't have the technology or the smarts to build or operate one.
 
Hoid
#90
We have the smarts to understand that it cannot be built given modern environmental law.