US Border Patrol Agent Indicted for Murder After Using a Mexican Child for Target Pra

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

So, how much do you think they get paid?

Salary and benefits

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/recruiting...s-taux-eng.htm

gerryh
Quote: Originally Posted by Twila View Post

Salary and benefits

Regular Member - Annual Rates of Pay

I know how much they get paid. I was asking if you did, since you are implying that they get paid shyte.

82k after 3 years is not chump change. An inspector makes in around the 120k mark. Plus benefits. Plus, unlike in the real world, if they "do something wrong" they get suspended WITH pay. In the real world if you get suspended, it's without pay and they figure out some way to can your a$$.

Twila

I know how much they get paid. I was asking if you did, since you are implying that they get paid shyte.

82k after 3 years is not chump change. An inspector makes in around the 120k mark. Plus benefits. Plus, unlike in the real world, if they "do something wrong" they get suspended WITH pay. In the real world if you get suspended, it's without pay and they figure out some way to can your a$$.

looking for some f!cks to give and I've come up empty handed again. oh well, maybe next time, eh azzhat?

gerryh
+1

looking for some f!cks to give and I've come up empty handed again. oh well, maybe next time, eh azzhat?

You really hate it when you're called on your bullshyte....aren't ya.

Twila

You really hate it when you're called on your bullshyte....aren't ya.

sure sure. If it gets you through your day.

gerryh
+2

sure sure. If it gets you through your day.

You tell me then how that pay scale is under paid? What should they be getting paid?

AnnaG
Quote:

In 2012, wages ranged from $62,000 for a probationary officer to $102,467 for a sergeant.

RE: Nelson BC city police.
Civic salaries: how do West Kootenay communities stack up? - Nelson Star

Vancouver: https://wvpd.ca/index.php/join-the-t...y-and-benefits

Twila

You tell me then how that pay scale is under paid? What should they be getting paid?

why?

Tecumsehsbones

why?

So he can be an aggressive, foulmouthed jerk?

Twila
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

bingo! geez, I wish I had a prize to give you...

gerryh

why?

you made the comment concerning their pay. As far as I'm concerned, they get paid very well for what they do. You want to see underpaid, check out what our NCO's get paid in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Show me how I have been foul mouthed or aggressive in this thread. I haven't.

Twila

you made the comment concerning their pay. As far as I'm concerned, they get paid very well for what they do. You want to see underpaid, check out what our NCO's get paid in the Canadian Armed Forces.

so.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

RE: Nelson BC city police.
Civic salaries: how do West Kootenay communities stack up? - Nelson Star

Vancouver: https://wvpd.ca/index.php/join-the-t...y-and-benefits

Is that with or without OT?

Tecumsehsbones

Show me how I have been foul mouthed or aggressive in this thread. I haven't.

Yeah, and your past conduct is completely irrelevant. Because. . .

AnnaG
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Is that with or without OT?

Without I would imagine.

gerryh

do you have anything relevant to contribute or just your usual stir the pot, vacuous nonsense?

Tecumsehsbones
+1

do you have anything relevant to contribute or just your usual stir the pot, vacuous nonsense?

Already contributed quite a bit more than you have, or will, or are capable of. Read the thread.

Do you have anything relevant to contribute besides your usual garbage? Ain't seen it yet. This thread was about police conduct, and you decided to go off on a tangent about police pay.

Your contributions have really helped here.

gerryh

Already contributed quite a bit more than you have, or will, or are capable of. Read the thread.

Do you have anything relevant to contribute besides your usual garbage? Ain't seen it yet. This thread was about police conduct, and you decided to go off on a tangent about police pay.

Wasn't me that brought up police pay. If the poor little girl didn't want anyone commenting on her posts....then maybe she shouldn't post. As usual though, she thinks she can post whatever bullshyte she wants and get's all uptight when she is called on it.

as for your HUGE contribution...... I see 2 posts out of 7.

Um. . . no thanks. The Army actually isn't a bunch of undisciplined thugs and murderers.

They're a bunch of disciplined thugs and murderers.

Must keep up standards.

I almost feel sorry for Swartz. He vas chust follovink orders.

The skinny ones can be a real challenge.

Juice boxes. That's the answer.

I actually understand what you're talking about, Twila. And I agree with you to an extent. But several things need to be separated.

Military vs. police - very different scenarios.

Police vs. police - Maybe it's different in Canada, I hope it is, but while it's true, as they say, that "most cops are honest people doing an incredibly dangerous job," that should be "many cops" and the job ain't all that dangerous.

Just as many cops are honest, idealistic young men and women, many really are thugs. Many are people of mediocre intelligence, inferior education, and bad attitudes who get their rocks off pushing people around and having "authority." This attitude is focused and reinforced by their training, which is increasingly militaristic (not military), and emphasizes how the people they encounter are enemies to be dominated, not citizens to be served. They also have complete contempt for Constitutional freedoms, and work hard to find ways around them or through them.

Many, probably most, bad cops weren't turned bad by their experiences. They started out pretty bad, and were turned really bad by their training.

I agree, and the place to start is training. With the backlash against police intimidation and brutality we've been seeing for a couple of years now in the U.S., some departments are emphasizing an approach of "Guardians Not Warriors" in their police training, both initial and ongoing training.

I hope it continues, and I hope it works. We need to replace the "warrior" culture that sadly and outrageously has been pushed for the last 30-40 years. I think it will help a lot if police are trained as I've outlined. After that, I think regular counseling, both by professionals and by the sergeants, is necessary to identify the bad boys and process them out, and to help the good guys avoid slipping into depression and despair on the way to becoming bad cops.

EagleSmack is absolutely right in one way. Simply adding a counseling requirement will not help. We need a change in the culture of police. They need the kind of pride the Marines have. It should be a matter of pride for a cop to say, as Kevin Vickers did, "In my 30 years I never fired my weapon outside of the training range." Cops should be lauded and rewarded for being smart, not tough.

As far as counseling goes, I think you're right about witnessing violence, but what's even more important is that cops spend a lot of their time dealing with the poor, the ill-educated, the hopeless, the disaffected, and the mentally ill. That's what I mean when I say "avoiding slipping into depression and despair." Counseling, both traditional and force-based (by which I mean "cop-to-cop" talks with the training officers and sergeants) can help cops avoid slipping into a "people are scum" attitude. THAT is the birthplace of police brutality.

Twila

Wasn't me that brought up police pay. If the poor little girl didn't want anyone commenting on her posts....then maybe she shouldn't post. As usual though, she thinks she can post whatever bullshyte she wants and get's all uptight when she is called on it.

you've got to stop reading into posts things you want to whine about. I'm happy to discuss what I post with those who are able to discuss. But you've proven you are incapable of discussing anything civily let along comprehending whats' actually posted. You're an azzhat and proud of it. why cover it up now?

gerryh

you've got to stop reading into posts things you want to whine about. I'm happy to discuss what I post with those who are able to discuss. But you've proven you are incapable of discussing anything civily let along comprehending whats' actually posted. You're an azzhat and proud of it. why cover it up now?

Here's what you said...direct quote. I don't need to "read in" squat.

Our RCMP are not paid that well at all. Police, non rcmp are paid slightly better.

again, what would you consider "well paid"?

Twila

Here's what you said...direct quote. I don't need to "read in" squat.

again, what would you consider "well paid"?

I'm happy to discuss what I post with those who are able to discuss. But you've proven you are incapable of discussing anything civily let along comprehending whats' actually posted.

thanks for proving my point.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

as for your HUGE contribution...... I see 2 posts out of 7.

When I care about your opinion, you'll be the first to know. Don't hold your breath.

In passing, I never used the word "huge." You're making stuff up. Again.

I said it was a bigger contribution than you have made, will make, or are capable of making. And you more thoroughly prove me right with every post you make.

I'm gonna get a nap and watch the Ravens game. You can keep playing with Twila, and when she gets tired of you, play with yourself. I calculate you got a lot of experience with that.

gerryh

I'm happy to discuss what I post with those who are able to discuss. But you've proven you are incapable of discussing anything civily let along comprehending whats' actually posted.

thanks for proving my point.

Actually, that statement is a bold faced lie. YOu discuss "civilly" only what you want to. Otherwise you are just as "bad" as me depending on the topic and the poster. You always have been. Including when you were a mod. Your "discussions" with selfsame being a prime example.

Twila

Actually, that statement is a bold faced lie. YOu discuss "civilly" only what you want to. Otherwise you are just as "bad" as me depending on the topic and the poster. Your "discussions" with selfsame being a prime example.

only with certain posters such as yourself am I not civil. Posters that have proven incapable of friendly discourse.

You always have been. Including when you were a mod.

ah, what? see? making stuff up...