Residents near Pickering nuclear plant to receive anti-radiation pills by mail

petros
I'm driving the bus.

Starting in October, anyone living within a 10-kilometre radius of the Pickering Nuclear Plant will receive a pack of potassium iodide (KI) pills that help prevent thyroid cancer caused by exposure to radioactivity.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

I'm driving the bus.

Starting in October, anyone living within a 10-kilometre radius of the Pickering Nuclear Plant will receive a pack of potassium iodide (KI) pills that help prevent thyroid cancer caused by exposure to radioactivity.

As I pointed out mate, and verified with a PHD reference POTASSIUM IODIDE ( you didn't read the citation as everyone can see. You corrected me when I was already CORRECT LOL!!!) is an almost useless feelgood solution that only does one thing for people a lot younger then you apparently.

petros
What fraud?

Danbones
man how long does this go one for?
cayenne and ginger
try it
for all our sakes
and maybe some chaga tea and ginseng too
it helps with mental equilibrium

AnnaG
NRC: Measuring Radiation

Rads and rems measure different things apparently.

MHz

Big deal, I've hit 20 RADS twice.

That you know of. May explain the swiss cheese symptoms you exhibit. (say Huh! a lot is one of the signs when the message is in print and rather short sentences.

I'm driving the bus.

The one that is so far off that road it can barely be seen.

AnnaG
Regardless of being in print and in short sentences, if there is not enough punctuation and at least part of the post is incoherent, then "huh?" is an appropriate response.

Danbones
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How does Ginger feel about that?

Shes hot, sweet,and reet petite, and with a little ginseng, she sees enough lead in the pencil to right all night

petros
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

man how long does this go one for?
cayenne and ginger
try it
for all our sakes
and maybe some chaga tea and ginseng too
it helps with mental equilibrium

I see, you are a brain cripple and apparently proud of it.

Explain the fraud part again in your own words.

Tecumsehsbones
+1

Big deal, I've hit 20 RADS twice.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

MHz
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Regardless of being in print and in short sentences, if there is not enough punctuation and at least part of the post is incoherent, then "huh?" is an appropriate response.

Huh?

Danbones

I see, you are a brain cripple and apparently proud of it.

Explain the fraud part again in your own words.

better then that I'll do it in YOUR own words
I can't post pics buddy so I'll type really slow:
See your post denigrating me re not having "potassium iodide" in my rebutal citation
because you were talking about "potassium iodide"

Read the citation I referenced in rebutal where it says "POTASSIUM IODIDE" son.
The reference indicates you are incorrect...on purpose it looks like, and that you're doing everything you accuse me of
while I am not
Tu es très fraud, c'est damage.

I'll leave it to the readers

your not here for the debating are you?
Last edited by Danbones; Sep 23rd, 2015 at 08:44 PM..

Tecumsehsbones
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by AnnaG View Post

Or in MHz's case, "Take your pills."

MHz
Considering the ones that say that have zero arguments to combat such themes as God or that this earth is an expanding earth and 9/11 was not an inside job. You can only do so much with dull tools.

petros

better then that I'll do it in YOUR own words
I can't post pics buddy so I'll type really slow:
See your post denigrating me re not having "potassium iodide" in my rebutal citation
because you were talking about "potassium iodide"

Read the citation I referenced in rebutal where it says "POTASSIUM IODIDE" son.
The reference indicates you are incorrect...on purpose it looks like, and that you're doing everything you accuse me of
while I am not
Tu es très fraud, c'est damage.

I'll leave it to the readers

your not here for the debating are you?

Where is the fraud? Daily dose works for environmental radiation as it does post exposure treatment for nucleide build up in the thyroid. Did you have some nonsensical idea that you'll get multiple types of cancers from exposure within days llike thydroid cancer?

MHz
What do they have that would fix these 'wounds'?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E50a2s4fMX0

petros
YouTube? Really now. How do aliens treat thyroid issues on intergalactic missions?

Jinentonix

I understand "they" want to bury a huge pile of radio-active crap in a giant pie hole just beside the shore of lake Huron near the Bruce just upstream from the water intakes of half of Canada.
I think the radiation pills the brass have been snorting might be from a bottle be labeled "Glue"

That "huge pile of radioactive crap" isn't stuff like spent fuel rods. It's stuff like mops, buckets, boots, basically stuff that's used to clean up small leaks within the facility itself. Plus the bedrock in the area is super stable and IIRC non-porous.

petros
Spent U238 pellets used in Candus are as harmless as the Urainium running freely in the wilds of northern SK.

Jinentonix
Or we could just spend the money and go with safer, cleaner thorium reactors. Beats the hell out of those stupid windmills that are not at all cost effective.

petros
Still a pipe dream.

Jinentonix

Still a pipe dream.

How so? The tech has been around since the 1950s. In fact the main reason the US didn't go with thorium powered reactors is because it's virtually impossible to get weapons grade material from them. The US wanted a nuclear power program that could also feed its nuclear weapons program.