Newspaper headlines: PM warns 'there may be no Brexit'

White_Unifier
https://www.bbc.com/news/blogs-the-papers-44836288

I feel another referendum coming. I hope it will be more clearly worded.

Hoid
what of they had a brexit and I didn't care about it

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

The referendum WAS clearly worded.

It was only the Remainers who started coming out and saying "But we don't know what kind of Brexit the British people voted for" as a ruse to give us Brexit in name only, so they can say "But we don't need to take Britain out of the customs union and end free movement because that is not necessarily what people voted for" which is, of course, utter nonsense. We know what the British people want by several polls which have been conducted.

Also, when the Remainers are trying to keep us in the customs union by saying "The British people didn't necessarily vote to leave the customs union" they are lying and are actually bactracking on what their leader said during the referendum campaign:

David Cameron was OBSESSED! 28 times in a 50 minute interview/Q&A he equated 'Leaving EU with Leaving the EU's Internal (Single) Market". Pundits who say Brexiters didn't know they voted to "Leave the Single Market" need to rewatch David Cameron before 23rd June.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNnh-KhiLm0

justlooking
+1
#4  Top Rated Post
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

No chance.

The EU wants a hard Brexit to create chaos in the UK.
Witness the Irish PM, threatening to stop planes flying to UK using Irish airspace.
Irish PM mocked for saying he may ban British planes from airspace | Daily Mail Online

OK, he is a raging PCvirtuesignaling idjut.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by justlooking View Post

No chance.

Witness the Irish PM, threatening to stop planes flying to UK using Irish airspace.
Irish PM mocked for saying he may ban British planes from airspace | Daily Mail Online

Of course, as The Sun pointed out yesterday, if Mr Varadkar carries out his threat Britain can just retaliate by ending RAF protection of Irish skies.

justlooking
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Blackleaf View Post

Of course, as The Sun pointed out yesterday, if Mr Varadkar carries out his threat Britain can just retaliate by ending RAF protection of Irish skies.

They should send the RAF to have Ireland rejoin the UK... the hard way.

Either that, or since about 99% of every Irish truck travels across the UK to get to Europe,
a 300% tariff should shut the Micks down in about a week.
Let them choke on their potatoes.

Blackleaf
+1

They should send the RAF to have Ireland rejoin the UK... the hard way.

Either that, or since about 99% of every Irish truck travels across the UK to get to Europe,
a 300% tariff should shut the Micks down in about a week.
Let them choke on their potatoes.

It's Varadkar who started banging on about the Irish-UK border, acting as though it's some sort of problem for Ireland because soon it will be an EU-non-EU border. Yet most EU member states border non-EU member states, and they all seem to get on alright. The Irish are just inventing a problem which doesn't really exist.

Curious Cdn

It's Varadkar who started banging on about the Irish-UK border, acting as though it's some sort of problem for Ireland because soon it will be an EU-non-EU border. Yet most EU member states border non-EU member states, and they all seem to get on alright. The Irish are just inventing a problem which doesn't really exist.

No, the Irish have a long and unhappy history with an armed border with Ulster and they don't want to return to those had, old days.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

No, the Irish have a long and unhappy history with an armed border with Ulster and they don't want to return to those had, old days.

If that happens, it will be as a result of terrorism, and that terrorism will be the fault of terrorists, not Brexit.

Curious Cdn

If that happens, it will be as a result of terrorism, and that terrorism will be the fault of terrorists, not Brexit.

Really. Our border with the United States is ptretty much an armed one , again and it has little to do with terrorism originating in Canada.

justlooking
+1

Really. Our border with the United States is ptretty much an armed one ,.

If you think this, then you only demonstrate you have no idea what an armed border really is.

Blackleaf

Really. Our border with the United States is ptretty much an armed one , again and it has little to do with terrorism originating in Canada.

The armed border was only that way because of the Troubles.

Other than that, there has never been a hard border between the UK and Ireland. There has been free movement between the two countries ever since Ireland seceded from the UK in 1922. That free movement predates the EU.

Curious Cdn

The armed border was only that way because of the Troubles.

Other than that, there has never been a hard border between the UK and Ireland. There has been free movement between the two countries ever since Ireland seceded from the UK in 1922. That free movement predates the EU.

Brexkt will mean that tarif money will now be collected at the border, probably in both directions. Up go the fences, again.

Blackleaf
Dublin: “You mustn’t put up a border.”
London: “Fair enough: we won’t.”
Dublin: “Neither must we.”
London: “That’s your call.”
Dublin: “Why are you being so difficult?”

Courtesy of Brexiteer Conservative MEP for South East England Daniel Hannan

Tecumsehsbones
In the news:

"Man Saves Drowning Boy, justlooking Screeches "Virtue Signaling"

"Europe Hurts Blackshirt's Feels Again, Juice Box Needed"

Hoid
What is meant by "leave" I wonder?

Does that mean all articles of the union are severed?

Danbones
Commies aren't much for word keeping.

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

What is meant by "leave" I wonder?

Hoid
Boring?

This from a guy who labors day and night to get responses to his ridiculous posts about England?

Blackleaf

Boring?

This from a guy who labors day and night to get responses to his ridiculous posts about England?

Only twice a week.

Tecumsehsbones
A hard Brexit would be the best idea. No deal at all, just Britain going its merry way.

They can make whatever deals Britain and the EU both want from the ground up afterwards.

Blackleaf
+1

No chance.

Ireland’s Leo roars like any EU bully but his UK flights threat is all hot airspace

Rod Liddle
The Sunday Times
July 22 2018

This Northern Ireland border issue that is vexing everyone, especially the Irish taoiseach, seems fairly simple to resolve. Indeed, it scarcely needs resolving. If we do not want a hard border between Northern Ireland and the Republic and the Irish do not want a hard border, who the hell is going to put one up? Who is going to build the customs posts and fencing and provide the requisite surly staff?

If the European Union insists upon customs posts, surely it becomes a discussion between Ireland and the EU and nothing to do with us. And does anyone, other than Ireland’s smirking taoiseach, Leo Varadkar, think the EU would be stupid enough to do that? It is surely another one of those chimeric threats from an increasingly authoritarian supranational bureaucracy that is currently facing rebellion on all fronts.

But, if so, let them march over with their hammers, barriers, tin tacks and multiple forms and see how that goes down with the people of Ireland.

As a nation state, we decide what happens with our borders and the Irish would be minded to do the same — unless after that “one thousand years of Anglo-Saxon oppression” they have lost sense of what it means to have an independent nation state and to control your own borders. That I doubt. If that really happens, Ireland will quickly understand from where the present oppression emanates: not London but Brussels.

Irish taoiseach Leo Varadkar

It is true, of course, that we have oppressed Ireland since the financial crisis by bunging it more than £20bn of UK taxpayers’ money to bail out its wrecked economy, for which we expected no thanks and, indeed, did not receive any. That was, I dare say, perceived as colonialist and patronising by Mr Varadkar and Mrs May should probably apologise to him.

Young Leo is rapidly becoming my least favourite world leader, currently tied in last place with that simpering alleged sex pest of a Canadian, Justin Trudeau. I accept that there are various fat, medal-bedecked Marxist thugs in Africa, one or two preening fascists in the ’Stans, good old Kim, plus some leaders in the Islamic world from Jakarta to Ramallah who are much worse. But they preside over Third World satrapies and so are discounted. I meant from what we might call the First World.

Leo’s latest offensive is to warn that UK airlines could be barred from flying over Irish airspace post-Brexit. I’m sorry — I hate to be rude — but the man is plainly a moron. You’d imagine 90% of planes out of Dublin fly over British airspace, so if it becomes tit-for-tat, that’s your economy buggered again, and the end to the operations of Ryanair and Aer Lingus. While, by comparison, about 10% of British planes probably fly over Irish airspace.

So this is another paper tiger, a chimera, a false threat occasioned by spite and pique, which has rightly been ridiculed across the world on social media.

And yet he is not alone. The entire process of negotiating our exit from the EU has been accompanied by much the same sort of stuff: empty threats and vindictiveness flung at us each week by the rabble of drunkards and lawyers the EU employs to make sure that anyone who wishes to leave the benighted institution gets first of all a punch in the face and then, later, a punch in the face.

I was for “leave” for reasons of democracy and sovereignty — but only just. And yet now I wonder who would want to be in a club like that. A club so terrified it will soon cease to exist that it will stoop to anything in its attempts to cow and bully those it sees as miscreants.

The Hungarians, the Poles, the Austrians, the Italians, the Catalans and pretty soon the Swedes. I think we’re in good company, right where we are, no matter how inept and credulous our government.

It is often said we should worry about the world we are leaving to the younger generation. I am more worried about the poor world, given the younger generation who will have custody of it.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/c...pace-xwwv7gxn0

Hoid
He's probably just upset because Trump put Ireland into the UK with no notice.

Blackleaf

He's probably just upset because Trump put Ireland into the UK with no notice.

Trump should know that the Republic of Ireland isn't ruled from London. It's ruled from Brussels.

Danbones
Damn fascist commies eh?

Winston a founder, larffs in his grave!

Hoid

Trump should know that the Republic of Ireland isn't ruled from London. It's ruled from Brussels.

and you want it to be ruled from London.

Blackleaf

and you want it to be ruled from London.

So do many people in Ireland.

Hoid
Yes, but aren't you the one who told us that the crowds in Britain were pro-Trump?

Blackleaf
Quote: Originally Posted by Danbones View Post

Damn fascist commies eh?

Winston a founder, larffs in his grave!

Mr Churchill would have been very supportive of Brexit, of course.