Well, Danny, me son, Goodbye

TenPenny
+1
#1  Top Rated Post
So Danny Williams is resigning as premier.

Seems that he has accomplished what he wanted, a deal to develop the Lower Churchill, and now he's going to pack it in.

I certainly didn't agree with everything he did, but you can't say he was indecisivie or vague.

bill barilko
What is it with Newfoundland and demagogues anyway?

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by bill barilko View Post

What is it with Newfoundland and demagogues anyway?

It's the accent, see, they keep thinking it's "demi gods"

bill barilko
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

It's the accent, see, they keep thinking it's "demi gods"

Yes b'ye!

JLM
+1
I wonder how much we'd have to pay him to get him to run B.C. for awhile. At least with Danny we'd know it was being done properly and he wouldn't take any crap from anybody.

So Danny Williams is resigning as premier.

Seems that he has accomplished what he wanted, a deal to develop the Lower Churchill, and now he's going to pack it in.

I certainly didn't agree with everything he did, but you can't say he was indecisivie or vague.

One of the few honest politicians in the past 100 years (along with Stanley Knowles, Tommy Douglas and Dief the Chief)

eh1eh
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

I wonder how much we'd have to pay him to get him to run B.C. for awhile. At least with Danny we'd know it was being done properly and he wouldn't take any crap from anybody.

Screw you. we need him in Ontario. We need some oil royalties or something. Or something. OK, nevermind. We're f+cked. Hey, buy a Camaro, support Ontario. OK, nevermind again.
We can only wish for such a noble Newf to lead us.

TenPenny

One of the few honest politicians in the past 100 years

I'm not sure I'd go that far.

eh1eh

I'm not sure I'd go that far.

Honest politician. The original oxymoron.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Honest politician. The original oxymoron.

Generally speaking, yes, but he's definitely the least of a whole sh*t load of evils.

Tonington
You're all way off. If he's going to take anyone's job, I suspect he'll do like most folk from Atlantic Canada and take someone's job in Alberta. Watch your back Stelmach

eh1eh

Generally speaking, yes, but he's definitely the least of a whole sh*t load of evils.

Agreed. this man has my respect despite being a politician.

Quote: Originally Posted by Tonington View Post

You're all way off. If he's going to take anyone's job, I suspect he'll do like most folk from Atlantic Canada and take someone's job in Alberta. Watch your back Stelmach

Oh dear. Super LOL.

Avro
What I liked about Danny is no matter what political stripe he could sure piss them all off.

mt_pockets1000
Thank you Mr. Williams for standing up for our province and setting us on a clear path to prosperity. I don't believe we've heard the last of Danny Williams. Keep looking over your shoulder Harper.

taxslave
Quote: Originally Posted by eh1eh View Post

Screw you. we need him in Ontario. We need some oil royalties or something. Or something. OK, nevermind. We're f+cked. Hey, buy a Camaro, support Ontario. OK, nevermind again.
We can only wish for such a noble Newf to lead us.

B.C. First. We need a premier that will stand up to Ottawa and put B.C. taxpayer interests ahead of reelection. Since you got Ottawa and Toronto I don't see any hope for you anyway. LOL

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

B.C. First. We need a premier that will stand up to Ottawa and put B.C. taxpayer interests ahead of reelection. Since you got Ottawa and Toronto I don't see any hope for you anyway. LOL

Quite a few Ontarions are moving to B.C. - maybe they know something favourable that we don't.

taxslave

Quite a few Ontarions are moving to B.C. - maybe they know something favourable that we don't.

The weather and despite all the NIMBYs and NOPES there is still better job opportunities here.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

the weather and despite all the nimbys and nopes there is still better job opportunities here.

nopes???????????????????????