I-Phone/I-Touch

Chiliagon
so who here has one?

what do you use it for? (besides the obvious music or telephone)

I use it to keep track of my eating plan, listen to audio books, look up stuff about whatever when I'm not at my computer, check out sports ..

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by Chiliagon View Post

so who here has one?

what do you use it for? (besides the obvious music or telephone)

I use it to keep track of my eating plan, listen to audio books, look up stuff about whatever when I'm not at my computer, check out sports ..

I have an iphone and just picked up an ipad.

My home is automated and the ipad runs everything.

I can preheat my oven on my way home and and just the thermostat if I wish with the iphone.

Chiliagon
nice, that's very impressive Avro.

mt_pockets1000
I have the iPhone 3G. It's a technological marvel. On the fly I can check the weather, check the stock market, take pictures, listen to music, talk on the phone, read the newspapers, tune my guitar, play games, check email, text message and get instant updates on FIFA. I haven't scratched the surface on this gadget yet.

Avro, that's pretty cool. Automation for the home.

Avro
Quote: Originally Posted by mt_pockets1000 View Post

I have the iPhone 3G. It's a technological marvel. On the fly I can check the weather, check the stock market, take pictures, listen to music, talk on the phone, read the newspapers, tune my guitar, play games, check email, text message and get instant updates on FIFA. I haven't scratched the surface on this gadget yet.

Avro, that's pretty cool. Automation for the home.

Yeah, it was done through a buisness I helped start with my Brother inlaw.

He did some work at Wendal Clarks house and Cujo's.

Andem
I have an Android-2.1 based mobile phone and can do basically anything I want with it. For example, if Canadian Content's web server crashes, I use my android phone from whereever I am to restart the server. Other things I have done on the go with this site is (hopefully) fixed an issue CDNBear was having when loading the pages, where our CDN server was taking too long to respond.

Some other cool things
- An electric compass
- Full GPS and AGPS
- Google Maps with Navigation
- A P2P program like Napster
- Facebook updates and private messages
- Google Voice. I get voicemails transcribed into text. Very useful last night when the town where my mother lives in was struck by a tornado.
- Gmail.
- A flash light.
- Last FM
- An MS office clone.
- Voice search. Just say "Canadian Content" and you'll get to this web site.
- A wireless LAN router.
- A VOIP client.
- Coming soon, I'll be able to connect to my PS3 system from anywhere in the world and play it remotely. A plus, if I'm not at home, I can always check to see how much trouble my cat is getting into with the PS3 camera and "talk" to him through the speakers.
- Use it as a remote control for my media server.. at home or from away.