Queers Against Israeli Apartheid Banned from Pride Parade


Colpy
Conservative
#1
I am very curious to see what the forum thinks about this!!!!

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...tml?id=3060925

I think this is wrong.

Free speech trumps the sensibilities of the apt-to-be-offended.

That said, these people are idiots. Israel is a model nation in its treatment of gays.....who have their own Gay Pride Parade, and who serve openly as gays in the military.

Meanwhile, in the Muslim States that are Israel's enemies.......there is still a great debate over the treatment of admitted homosexuals, ie...

Should they be stoned to death, or hanged????

But, stupidity is not a reason to deny free speech.

I'm just glad the feds are no longer giving the parade money...........
 
CDNBear
#2
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

But, stupidity is not a reason to deny free speech.

Couldn't agree more.
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#3
I totally agree with Pride banning Queers Against Israeli Aparthied because Pride is about bringing together people from all walks of life to celebrate the gay and lesbian lifestyle.

To let a group openly discriminate against a certain segment of society that will bring hatred upon that group is bad and goes against what Pride stands for.

The other reason Pride banned the group is the city would have pulled all the funding for this year for the event and the city promised to cancel the event in the coming years by not granting permits and this is according to a radio talk show 640 on the AM dial
http://www.640toronto.com/HostsandShows/JohnOakley/Story.aspx?ID=1234441

GIORGIO MAMMOLITI Toronto councilor and mayor candidate argued with JENNY PETO, spokesperson for Queers Against Israeli Apartheid that the city was serious about this
.
Pride had to comply because the gay comunity does not like to donate enough to this event and considering they get paid lots of money it really is a shame.
 
clutch
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...tml?id=3060925


That said, these people are idiots. Israel is a model nation in its treatment of gays.....who have their own Gay Pride Parade, and who serve openly as gays in the military.

So because Israel gives gay people rights they should shut up about anything horrible Israel has done?
 
TenPenny
#5
Quote:

I totally agree with Pride banning Queers Against Israeli Aparthied because Pride is about bringing together people from all walks of life to celebrate the gay and lesbian lifestyle.

That's perfectly sound reasoning. It's okay to ban free speech in an event that is designed to celebrate personal freedom, because you don't agree with the politics of the opinion.
 
petros
#6
Quote:

That said, these people are idiots. Israel is a model nation in its treatment of gays.....who have their own Gay Pride Parade, and who serve openly as gays in the military.

But don't let an Orthodox know you're gay or they'll stone you just like they do in Iran.
 
EagleSmack
#7
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

But don't let an Orthodox know you're gay or they'll stone you just like they do in Iran.

Is that a common occurence? Did they stone someone recently?
 
petros
#8
Considering Sabbath is just wrapping up I'm sure you'll find that somebody was stoned if you want to read the Israel newspaper.
 
EagleSmack
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Considering Sabbath is just wrapping up I'm sure you'll find that somebody was stoned if you want to read the Israel newspaper.

So the Orthodox Jews stoned somebody?
 
petros
#10
There are stonings very frequently in Israel especially Jerusalem where secular Jews are stoned for breaking Sabbath. Feel free to look it up.
 
TenPenny
#11
They even stone buses, for gods sake.
 
petros
#12
Even Bob Dylan
 
TenPenny
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Even Bob Dylan

Yes, as he said, everyone must get stoned.
 
EagleSmack
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

They even stone buses, for gods sake.

Well heck...in a good riot here in the US busses are stoned.

I am just asking to Orthodox Jews stone death people who are gay? Like they do in Iran. In Iran they DO stone people to death. All kind of videos on the net showing that. They bury them to their waist and hurl rocks at them until they are dead.

The Jews in Israel do that as well?
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I am very curious to see what the forum thinks about this!!!!

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...tml?id=3060925

I think this is wrong.

Free speech trumps the sensibilities of the apt-to-be-offended.

Right on the nail. Free speech is free speech.
 
EagleSmack
#16
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/news.aspx/136359

I found this. But it was Arabs stoning Jews. Do you think you were mistaken?


http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...4215913AAOlLjd

Yes... I think you were mistaken. Unless you can find a link of a recent stoning to death by Orthodox Jews in Israel that I seem to be missing.
 
petros
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

Muslims Accuse Israel of ‘Sacrilege’ after Stoning Jews - Defense/Middle East - Israel News - Israel National News

I found this. But it was Arabs stoning Jews. Do you think you were mistaken?


Israel. Does Torah (Toraat) prescribes the punishment of stoning (Rajm) to deaths? - Yahoo! Answers

Yes... I think you were mistaken. Unless you can find a link of a recent stoning to death by Orthodox Jews in Israel that I seem to be missing.

Haredi chastity squad methods exposed



Following arrest of chastity squad members, riots erupt in religious neighborhoods. Former members reveal how squads operate Yifat Reuven Published: 08.31.08, 07:23 / Israel Jewish Scene


The arrests of two alleged chastity squads members, Elhanan Buzaglo and Binyamin Meirovich, have sparked a new wave of violence in Jerusalem's ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods.


Following the arrests, garbage bins in the neighborhood of Geula were set on fire. Police officers who arrived were greeted with rocks being thrown at them. A store selling MP4 devices was attacked last week.



Buzaglo, 29, was indicted over an incident which took place two months ago. The District Prosecutor's Office believes that Buzaglo, along with six other chastity squad members, broke into a divorced woman's home located in the Jerusalem neighborhood of, Maalot Dafna, beat her and threatened her.

"The woman was badly bruised and required medical attention. For his role, Buzaglo was paid $2000," claimed the prosecution. Binyamin Meirovich, who allegedly took part in the same attack, was released last week under limiting conditions.


Former members describe a "military-like organization".

"I was pretty much into it", says Chess, who was active in the organization for four years. "We would meet in a regular meeting place and get our assignments. Every Thursday we would be on alert.


"I bought a club, so that I would have an easier time breaking bones. Some used irons. The job only get carried out after hard evidence was gathered. We would collect the evidence, and there was a hotline as well."


Whose bones did you break?

"You would have children misbehaving. An example would be this married woman who was sleeping around and cheating on her husband, so we closed in on her and beat her. This one time I came up to a woman and broke two of her bones. For two bones we would get $1,600 and divide it amongst ourselves. There was this one case where the guy was big and had big bones; we got $3,300 because he was a harder case."

A former member from the Geula neighborhood said, "I joined two years ago and I left. We would film people going to gay clubs in Tel Aviv with either a cell phone or a digital camera. The squad always looked for the ones running off to Tel Aviv because they thought that they were safe there, but they didn't know that we were onto them. Always."

"There was one guy in the neighborhood, we had information that he had porn films in his possession and that he would sell the films to other people. We immediately locked onto him. We followed him to where he was having dinner one Thursday. We broke two of his bones.

"We would go into orthodox chat rooms and forums. Those places are like Sodom and Gomorrah. There was a lot of sex chat. I pretended to play along and I met a married woman who was looking for men. Our goal was to get to the persons in charge of the forum through her. We started beating her, but she denied that she had anything to do with running the site, we believed her and the chat room is still operational."

Where does the money come from?


"A lot of our guys would fly abroad and get donations for our cause and come back a lot of dollars."

Haredi writer Rabbi Israel Gellis says that the organization, which is known in the orthodox community as "the committee for purity," was established at the same time as the State of Israel.

"Its role then was more explanatory, what you can or cannot buy, what the right length for a skirt is, how to dress and what to wear. In the 1970s the committee's activity went up a notch. They would call you and tell you that your wife is dressed in an improper way. That's how they would let people know, and they have been doing that ever since."


So where did all the violence come from?

"As is the case with any society, even the orthodox have violent people, and there are those who are just agitators."

Reactions

Yair Golan, Binyamin Meirovich's lawyer, said that "Mr. Meirovich is denying any allegations made against him. He gave his statement to the police, and was subsequently released with the police's consent and with some limitations."




The Jerusalem police responded by saying that "an investigation is being carried out in regards to this subject, a number of people have been arrested and some will be brought up on charges."


Buzaglo's attorney, Ariel Atary, is currently out of the country and was unavailable for comment.
 
petros
#18
A former member from the Geula neighborhood said, "I joined two years ago and I left. We would film people going to gay clubs in Tel Aviv with either a cell phone or a digital camera. The squad always looked for the ones running off to Tel Aviv because they thought that they were safe there, but they didn't know that we were onto them. Always."

"There was one guy in the neighborhood, we had information that he had porn films in his possession and that he would sell the films to other people. We immediately locked onto him. We followed him to where he was having dinner one Thursday. We broke two of his bones.
 
CDNBear
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

Haredi chastity squad methods exposed



Following arrest of chastity squad members, riots erupt in religious neighborhoods. Former members reveal how squads operate Yifat Reuven Published: 08.31.08, 07:23 / Israel Jewish Scene


The arrests of two alleged chastity squads members, Elhanan Buzaglo and Binyamin Meirovich, have sparked a new wave of violence in Jerusalem's ultra-Orthodox neighborhoods.


Following the arrests, garbage bins in the neighborhood of Geula were set on fire. Police officers who arrived were greeted with rocks being thrown at them. A store selling MP4 devices was attacked last week.



Buzaglo, 29, was indicted over an incident which took place two months ago. The District Prosecutor's Office believes that Buzaglo, along with six other chastity squad members, broke into a divorced woman's home located in the Jerusalem neighborhood of, Maalot Dafna, beat her and threatened her.

"The woman was badly bruised and required medical attention. For his role, Buzaglo was paid $2000," claimed the prosecution. Binyamin Meirovich, who allegedly took part in the same attack, was released last week under limiting conditions.


Former members describe a "military-like organization".

"I was pretty much into it", says Chess, who was active in the organization for four years. "We would meet in a regular meeting place and get our assignments. Every Thursday we would be on alert.


"I bought a club, so that I would have an easier time breaking bones. Some used irons. The job only get carried out after hard evidence was gathered. We would collect the evidence, and there was a hotline as well."


Whose bones did you break?

"You would have children misbehaving. An example would be this married woman who was sleeping around and cheating on her husband, so we closed in on her and beat her. This one time I came up to a woman and broke two of her bones. For two bones we would get $1,600 and divide it amongst ourselves. There was this one case where the guy was big and had big bones; we got $3,300 because he was a harder case."

A former member from the Geula neighborhood said, "I joined two years ago and I left. We would film people going to gay clubs in Tel Aviv with either a cell phone or a digital camera. The squad always looked for the ones running off to Tel Aviv because they thought that they were safe there, but they didn't know that we were onto them. Always."

"There was one guy in the neighborhood, we had information that he had porn films in his possession and that he would sell the films to other people. We immediately locked onto him. We followed him to where he was having dinner one Thursday. We broke two of his bones.

"We would go into orthodox chat rooms and forums. Those places are like Sodom and Gomorrah. There was a lot of sex chat. I pretended to play along and I met a married woman who was looking for men. Our goal was to get to the persons in charge of the forum through her. We started beating her, but she denied that she had anything to do with running the site, we believed her and the chat room is still operational."

Where does the money come from?


"A lot of our guys would fly abroad and get donations for our cause and come back a lot of dollars."

Haredi writer Rabbi Israel Gellis says that the organization, which is known in the orthodox community as "the committee for purity," was established at the same time as the State of Israel.

"Its role then was more explanatory, what you can or cannot buy, what the right length for a skirt is, how to dress and what to wear. In the 1970s the committee's activity went up a notch. They would call you and tell you that your wife is dressed in an improper way. That's how they would let people know, and they have been doing that ever since."


So where did all the violence come from?

"As is the case with any society, even the orthodox have violent people, and there are those who are just agitators."

Reactions

Yair Golan, Binyamin Meirovich's lawyer, said that "Mr. Meirovich is denying any allegations made against him. He gave his statement to the police, and was subsequently released with the police's consent and with some limitations."




The Jerusalem police responded by saying that "an investigation is being carried out in regards to this subject, a number of people have been arrested and some will be brought up on charges."


Buzaglo's attorney, Ariel Atary, is currently out of the country and was unavailable for comment.

Quote: Originally Posted by petros View Post

A former member from the Geula neighborhood said, "I joined two years ago and I left. We would film people going to gay clubs in Tel Aviv with either a cell phone or a digital camera. The squad always looked for the ones running off to Tel Aviv because they thought that they were safe there, but they didn't know that we were onto them. Always."

"There was one guy in the neighborhood, we had information that he had porn films in his possession and that he would sell the films to other people. We immediately locked onto him. We followed him to where he was having dinner one Thursday. We broke two of his bones.

Wow, do I really have to point out the huge difference between state sanctioned death by stoning, and civilian gay bashing morons, who just beat their victims? Not to mention the state, ie; Israel is actively trying to investigate and arrest the perpetrators. Does your ideology blind you to reality often?

Are you even mildly aware that your comparison is ridiculous?
 
Colpy
Conservative
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by CDNBear View Post

Wow, do I really have to point out the huge difference between state sanctioned death by stoning, and civilian gay bashing morons, who just beat their victims? Not to mention the state, ie; Israel is actively trying to investigate and arrest the perpetrators. Does your ideology blind you to reality often?

Are you even mildly aware that your comparison is ridiculous?

Thanks Bear, that is EXACTLY it, and you beat me to it.......
 
Walter
#21
I'm shocked, shocked that homosexuals are intolerant.
 
gerryh
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

I am very curious to see what the forum thinks about this!!!!

http://www.nationalpost.com/related/...tml?id=3060925

I think this is wrong.

Free speech trumps the sensibilities of the apt-to-be-offended.

That said, these people are idiots. Israel is a model nation in its treatment of gays.....who have their own Gay Pride Parade, and who serve openly as gays in the military.

Meanwhile, in the Muslim States that are Israel's enemies.......there is still a great debate over the treatment of admitted homosexuals, ie...

Should they be stoned to death, or hanged????


But, stupidity is not a reason to deny free speech.

I'm just glad the feds are no longer giving the parade money...........


You were doing so well untill you decided to throw in the part in red. Tell me, what the hell does the human rights atrocities of one country, or group of countries, have to do with another? What?, because the other middle eastern countries are so backward that means Isreal shouldn't or can't be critisized?
 
Colpy
Conservative
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

You were doing so well untill you decided to throw in the part in red. Tell me, what the hell does the human rights atrocities of one country, or group of countries, have to do with another? What?, because the other middle eastern countries are so backward that means Isreal shouldn't or can't be critisized?

Not at all.

I was simply pointing out that the morons of Queers Against Israeli Apartheid would be put to death in many of the countries they are defending against Israel......that strikes me as completely blind, stupid, self-defeating...........etc.
 
MHz
#24
Seems like they have moved into the 21st century all right. Look how well allowing sex between men and boys has worked out for the RCC, even with full knowledge of their 'obviously not a crime in their eyes' raping children has had zero backlash.

"Conservative rabbis, who lead 33 percent of religious Jews, announce they will soon ordain gay rabbis and encourage homosexuality for Jewish men and women who are so inclined.
Orthodox Judaism, 21 percent of American religious Jews, has not yet outwardly endorsed homosexuality. In fact, it officially forbids homosexual relations between adults. But in the Talmud, the highest religious, ethical and legal authority for Orthodox Jews, we find a very different, shocking reality: little boys under the age of nine (delectable objects of homosexual lust) are repeatedly described as incapable of "throwing guilt" on the adult who rapes them! How does the Talmud reach such a perverted conclusion? The Talmud considers in depth the question: "What disqualifies a woman from eligibility to marry a Jewish priest?" The Old Testament says sexual immorality does. Yet the Talmud repeatedly asserts that a grown-up woman can have sex with boys under the age of nine. There is a difference of opinion among the most eminent rabbis about whether this disqualifies her from being the wife of a priest. Yet all agree that such intercourse is not sexual activity, and neither she nor the little boy have done anything wrong. The precedent of women being encouraged into pederasty creates deep moral reverberations: a little boy is without moral protection. His rape is not even a moral issue. It is consequently not hard to imagine how Jewish homosexuals, already lusting after little boys (chickens, in their vocabulary), could find justification in the Talmud's rationalization. Here's what the Talmud says. The Talmud teaches that since little boys aren't sexually mature, molesting them has no moral implications. Because such a minor isn't a "man" in the mature sense, the boy and his sexual predator are exempted from the Mosaic ban on homosexuality. It says, "Thou shalt not lie with mankind." (Lev. 18:29) 3
Sanhedrin 69b summarizes: "All agree that the connection of a boy age nine years and a day is a real connection; while that of one less than eight years is not." 4 The majority opinion in Sanh. 55a states: "Rab. said: pederasty with a child below 9 years of age is not deemed as pederasty with a child above that" "Rab. maintains that only he who is able to engage in sexual intercourse, may, as the passive subject of pederasty, throw guilt [upon the active offender]; while he who is unable to engage in sexual intercourse cannot" 5 The rabbis agreed that a woman could have sexual relations with a young boy without it even being considered a sexual act: "A small boy who has intercourse with a grown-up woman makes her [as though she were] injured by a piece of wood" (Kethuboth 11b). The footnote to this passage says, "Although the intercourse of a small boy is not regarded a sexual act, nevertheless the woman is injured by it as by a piece of wood" (i.e. she has not sinned, but is perhaps disqualified from marrying a priest). 6 The Talmud discusses such female pederasty ostensibly to determine if a woman, by such intercourse, becomes disqualified to marry a priest. Yet the Talmud opens a wide gate for all Jewish child molesters, male or female, to indulge in sex with boys under nine, free from blame. After all, the Talmud nullifies the Mosaic ban on same-sex with "mankind," teaching that a sexually immature boy is not a "man." Is this not a green light for Jewish homosexuals? Such teaching is not accidental. The ancient rabbis, sexual perverts, made careful provision for their deviant sexual indulgences. They repeatedly made the Talmud's text crystal-clear: boys of eight, as minors, can't "throw guilt" on the Jewish adult who is the active offender against them. Jewish apologists absurdly argue that these passages, affirming the moral neutrality of sex with little boys, are expressions of concern to maintain the innocence of the eight year old boy who has been raped. The truth is, they mean to preserve pedophiles from guilt!"

Perhaps God will arrange a 100% conversion.
 
MHz
#25
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

You were doing so well untill you decided to throw in the part in red. Tell me, what the hell does the human rights atrocities of one country, or group of countries, have to do with another? What?, because the other middle eastern countries are so backward that means Isreal shouldn't or can't be critisized?

Perhaps a survey of the child brothels in the far east would show which ethnic group(s) is most involved in visiting/prompoting/owning of such practices wher it will not be prosecuted by the local authorities. I somehow doubt Arabs are their best customers.
 
gerryh
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

Not at all.

I was simply pointing out that the morons of Queers Against Israeli Apartheid would be put to death in many of the countries they are defending against Israel......that strikes me as completely blind, stupid, self-defeating...........etc.


and again, that does not, or should not, preclude Isreal from condemnation for their wrongs.
 
Colpy
Conservative
#27
More from The Real Jew News, MHz???

Keep talking, with you proving all my points about Jew-hatred, I hardly have to enter the debate.......

 
Avro
No Party Affiliation
#28
Yeah, those gays, if they're not hating Jews they're banning free speach while plowing each other in the rear.
 
L Gilbert
No Party Affiliation
#29
Impressive. Lots of
 
MHz
#30
Quote: Originally Posted by Colpy View Post

More from The Real Jew News, MHz???

Keep talking, with you proving all my points about Jew-hatred, I hardly have to enter the debate.......

Perhaps you did not notice my comdemnation of 'Christians' both in the RCC way of doing things and as to who would be the most frequebt visiter to a child brothel, Christians, or the pretend kind, the same one who justify israel no matter what their action is. In this case if they are promoting same-gender sex, I couldn't be happier for them, which I also stated.

That is their book of moral codes, not mine. You may notice that Jews get away with literal murder (especially if it is a Gentile) and it would appear it isn't to hard to get away from crimes that are under the 10 commandments. So is hiring a sames sex prostitute the same as having a 'long-term affair' or is sex at any time a sin if they do not get married first. If not then that would seem to be two Laws that were repealed and not just the one. Not a good idea to slap God in the face, let alone two slaps at the same time.
 

Similar Threads

704
Sixth Annual Israeli Apartheid Week
by earth_as_one | Jun 6th, 2010
20
2