Murchison meteorite and the origin of life


eanassir
#1
Murchison meteorite and the origin of life
Life came to our Earth embedded in the meteoritic rocks.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=murchison-meteorite&sc=CAT_SPC_20100218

It confirms the origin of life from the previous solar system.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Murchison_Meteorite_
 
Johnnny
#2
hey why dont you post lessons on how to learn arabic script then mabye i will read what you write
 
darkbeaver
#3
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Murchison meteorite and the origin of life
Life came to our Earth embedded in the meteoritic rocks.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=murchison-meteorite&sc=CAT_SPC_20100218

It confirms the origin of life from the previous solar system.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Murchison_Meteorite_


They say that all the molecular constituents of life can be generated here deep in the earth as well as exterior to the earth. El Hilly got stuck on heat without, it seems, going the extra step to charge from which we get to motion and then to heat.
01 March 2010
Our Misunderstood Sun Our Misunderstood Sun
 
eanassir
#4
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

hey why dont you post lessons on how to learn arabic script then mabye i will read what you write

Not necessarily, Jonnny.
 
eanassir
#5
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

They say that all the molecular constituents of life can be generated here deep in the earth as well as exterior to the earth.

God is All-Able to create whatever He likes wherever He wants.
But Murchison's meteorite confirms the extraterrestrial origin of life.

Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

El Hilly got stuck on heat without, it seems, going the extra step to charge from which we get to motion and then to heat.
01 March 2010
Our Misunderstood Sun Our Misunderstood Sun

Al-Hilly said the heat is generated by the movement of the particles in a very quick speed.
They say now that the core of the earth consists of a central nucleus and an outer part of liquid which circles around the nucleus of the core of the earth.
 
Dexter Sinister
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

...Murchison's meteorite confirms the extraterrestrial origin of life.

No it doesn't, and the article you linked to is perfectly clear about that. It confirms only that certain chemical precursors of life existed very early in the formation of the solar system.
 
Johnnny
#7
TEach us arabic at least you kow that, im willing to learn
 
AnnaG
#8
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Murchison meteorite and the origin of life
Life came to our Earth embedded in the meteoritic rocks.
http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=murchison-meteorite&sc=CAT_SPC_20100218

It confirms the origin of life from the previous solar system.
http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Murchison_Meteorite_

Obviously, you cannot understand what you read. The substances that can originate life comes here in meteorites. Life itself does not arrive on meteorites. The most heat-tolerant of bacterium can withstand temperatures up to about 250 C., but only for about 10 seconds. Meteorites get up to about 1900 C at a distance of around 80 or 90 km above the surface and they travel at speeds like 60 km/second. Life cannot survive on these meteorites.
 
eanassir
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

No it doesn't, and the article you linked to is perfectly clear about that. It confirms only that certain chemical precursors of life existed very early in the formation of the solar system.

Murchison meteorite confirms these substances are not from Earth in origin.
 
eanassir
#10
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

TEach us arabic at least you kow that, im willing to learn

I am not a teacher of Arabic.
 
Cliffy
#11
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

I am not a teacher of Arabic.

But you are a great purveyor of silliness.
 
Dexter Sinister
#12
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Murchison meteorite confirms these substances are not from Earth in origin.

No, it doesn't do that either, it confirms merely that some of the chemical precursors of life were present at the origin of the solar system, which suggests that these substances form relatively easily and remain stable under a wide range of conditions. It does not justify the conclusion that none of them originated on the earth after its formation.
 
eanassir
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

No, it doesn't do that either, it confirms merely that some of the chemical precursors of life were present at the origin of the solar system, which suggests that these substances form relatively easily and remain stable under a wide range of conditions. It does not justify the conclusion that none of them originated on the earth after its formation.


This meteorite came from outside the Earth: from the outer space; and they found many organic and other substances related to life and related to living organisms; so where is your objection now?

Yes, they are almost related to the origin of the present solar system; and whether they are stable or unstable, where is your objection?

Obviously, it implies that "life seed" came to our Earth from the outer space.

I did not say "none of them originated on the earth after its formation"; but the substances found in this Murchison meteorite came to Earth from the outer space; and even they are old and can belong to the "origin of the present solar system"; in fact this is it: they came from a time related to the beginning of the present solar system.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#The_Murchison_Meteorite_
Last edited by eanassir; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 09:36 AM..
 
Johnnny
#14
Teeeeach me arabic, prefferably the egyptian kind!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your not a scientist
 
eanassir
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

Teeeeach me arabic, prefferably the egyptian kind!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your not a scientist


I am nooot a scientist; you are the scientist; learn English at first then goooo to egypt to learn arabic
If you don't go to egypt to learn arabic the egyptian kind!!!!!! then you are lazy lazy lazy
Last edited by eanassir; Mar 3rd, 2010 at 09:45 AM..
 
Dexter Sinister
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

...where is your objection now?

My objection is that you're making conclusions beyond what the data justify. Here's what you've claimed, and why you're wrong:

1. Life came to our Earth embedded in the meteoritic rocks.
No. Certain chemical precursors of life may have come to earth that way, but they're not life.
2. It confirms the origin of life from the previous solar system.
False conclusion and an unjustifiable assumption. Again, these substances are not life, and there's no evidence there was a previous solar system here that blew up and re-formed into the present one.
3. But Murchison's meteorite confirms the extraterrestrial origin of life.
Wrong again. It confirms that some of the chemical precursors of life may have arrived in meteorites.
4. Murchison meteorite confirms these substances are not from Earth in origin.
No, if confirms that some of them exist extraterrestrially, but you can't conclude that none of them are of earthly origin, nor can you conclude that life would not have arisen on earth without these extraterrestrial chemicals, which is clearly what you're implying.
 
Cliffy
#17
Life is not contained in chemicals or substances. We have no idea what it takes to animate a collection of chemicals, to give it a consciousness. Is it a certain kind of energy? Or is it a product of an existing form of consciousness? We just don't know what is the secret ingredient that causes life to arise from the primordial soup.

I think the Earth is a conscious and living organism - our Mother and she is the source of that secret ingredient. Of course, that cannot be scientifically proved except that quantum physics is coming close. In the native American view, the Earth is alive and all life on her is a web, all interconnected and interdependent. The web of life is, in the collective sense, one giant organism. We are but one small organ of that being. But I guess for some, the realization of that concept would require a leap of faith.
 
Johnnny
#18
were all made of carbon does that mean that because there is carbon here and there it automatically means there is life?
 
eanassir
#19
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murchison_meteorite :

Classification and composition
The meteorite belongs to the CM group of carbonaceous chondrites (see meteorite classification). Like most CM chondrites, Murchison is petrologic type 2, which means that it experienced extensive alteration by water-rich fluids on its parent body before falling to Earth. CM chondrites, together with the CI group, are rich in carbon and are among the most chemically primitive meteorites in our collections. Like other CM chondrites, Murchison contains abundant CAIs. Over 100 amino acids (some of the basic components of life) have been identified in the meteorite.

Organic matter
Murchison contains common amino acids such as glycine, alanine and glutamic acid as well as unusual ones like isovaline and pseudoleucine. The initial report stated that the amino acids were racemic (that is, the chirality of their enantiomers are equally left- and right-handed), indicating that they are not present due to terrestrial contamination.
A complex mixture of alkanes was isolated as well, similar to that found in the Miller-Urey experiment. Serine and threonine, usually considered to be earthly contaminants, were conspicuously absent in the samples. A specific family of amino acids called diamino acids was identified in the Murchison meteorite as well.

More research found that some amino acids were present in enantiomeric excess, leading some to suspect terrestrial contamination, since it would be "unusual for an abiotic stereoselective decomposition or synthesis of amino acids to occur with protein amino acids but not with non-protein amino acids."
In 1997 research showed that individual amino-acid enantiomers from Murchison were enriched in the nitrogen isotope 15N relative to their terrestrial counterparts, which confirmed an extraterrestrial source for an L-enantiomer excess in the Solar System. The list of organic materials identified in the meteorite was extended to polyols by 2001.
Compound class [10]
Concentration ( ppm )
Amino acids
17-60
Aliphatic hydrocarbons
>35
Aromatic hydrocarbons
3319
Fullerenes
>100
Carboxylic acids
>300
Hydrocarboxylic acids
15
Purines and Pyrimidines
1.3
Alcohols
11
Sulphonic acids
68
Phosphonic acids
2






Building on the idea that homochirality (existence of only left handed amino acids and right handed sugars) is triggered by deposition of chiral molecules on meteorites, research in 2005 demonstrated that an amino acid like L-proline is capable of catalyzing the formation of chiral sugars. The catalysis is non-linear, that is proline with an enantiomeric excess of 20% yields an allose with enantiomeric excess of 55% starting from a benzyloxy acetaldehyde in a sequential aldol type reaction in an organic solvent like DMF. In other words a small enantiomeric excess of left-handed amino acids may explain terrestrial life's preference for right-handed sugars.

According to Engel, several lines of evidence indicate that the interior portions of well-preserved fragments from Murchison are pristine. Engel points to the array of amino acids Murchison contains and to isotope studies to bolster his position.
A 2010 study by analytical chemist Philippe Schmitt-Kopplin and his colleagues using high resolution analytical tools including spectroscopy, identified 14,000 molecular compounds including 70 amino acids in a sample of the meteorite.
The limited scope of the analysis by mass spectrometry undertaken by Schmitt-Kopplin's team provides for a potential 50,000 or more unique molecular compositions, with the team estimating the possibility of millions of distinct organic compounds in the meteorite.

Nucleobases
Measured purine and pyrimidine compounds are indigenous components of the Murchison meteorite. Carbon isotope ratios for uracil and xanthine of 44.5 and +37.7, respectively, indicate a non-terrestrial origin for these compounds.
These results demonstrate that many organic compounds which are components of life on Earth, were already present in the early solar system and may have played a key role in life's origin.
 
AnnaG
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

Murchison meteorite confirms these substances are not from Earth in origin.

Wrong. Perhaps one of those meteorites came from Earth originally, toured the galaxy and then came home to Earth and the items it carried then started life because the conditions on Earth had changed from when it escaped. You have little imagination. Too bad.
 
AnnaG
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by Cliffy View Post

Life is not contained in chemicals or substances. We have no idea what it takes to animate a collection of chemicals, to give it a consciousness. Is it a certain kind of energy? Or is it a product of an existing form of consciousness? We just don't know what is the secret ingredient that causes life to arise from the primordial soup.

?? You say that life is not contained in chemicals and substance and then you explain we have no idea what constitutes life or sparks it. It seems to me that "substance" is a pretty unspecific term. And BTW, in certain conditions, a couple chemicals are relatively inert, yet mix them and we can measure activity.

Quote:

I think the Earth is a conscious and living organism - our Mother and she is the source of that secret ingredient.

lol Yeah, I hit a rock with another rock the other day and they both yelled "OW!". Anthropomorphising again are we?
Quote:

Of course, that cannot be scientifically proved except that quantum physics is coming close. In the native American view, the Earth is alive and all life on her is a web, all interconnected and interdependent. The web of life is, in the collective sense, one giant organism. We are but one small organ of that being. But I guess for some, the realization of that concept would require a leap of faith.

You think? lol
What you are doing is taking the "Gaia hypothesis" and suggesting that what the hypothesis postulates is alive when we aren't exactly sure what constitutes life. That is no different in essence than saying Wodin or Yahweh did it. It is definitely a leap of faith.
 
AnnaG
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by Johnnny View Post

were all made of carbon does that mean that because there is carbon here and there it automatically means there is life?

No. Carbon is only one component.
 
eanassir
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister View Post

My objection is that you're making conclusions beyond what the data justify. Here's what you've claimed, and why you're wrong:

1. Life came to our Earth embedded in the meteoritic rocks.
No. Certain chemical precursors of life may have come to earth that way, but they're not life.

My words in blue.
You cannot say No. And what I mean is the seed of life came in that way: embedded in the meteoritic rocks. In case such substances which are essential components of the living organisms came in this meteorite: why not then some microbes, fungus and microorganisms (encapsulated may be) also came in this way? In addition to seeds of plants and decayed animal and man bodies, and such amino acids and other substances discovered on this meteorite are the remnants of those organisms that lived in the past on the destroyed planets.


2. It confirms the origin of life from the previous solar system.
False conclusion and an unjustifiable assumption. Again, these substances are not life, and there's no evidence there was a previous solar system here that blew up and re-formed into the present one.

You cannot say false for certain; and again these substances are essential components of the bodies of living organisms whether unicellular or multicellular beings.

Moreover, no one can assert that such rocks cannot be the remnants of some destroyed planets; and if any planet is broken up, what will the outcome other than parts and pieces and meteoritic rocks?

3. But Murchison's meteorite confirms the extraterrestrial origin of life.
Wrong again. It confirms that some of the chemical precursors of life may have arrived in meteorites.

Again you cannot say wrong for certain; on the contrary, the idea now is that such substances : some of them at least are of extra-terrestrial origin; and we say it is almost the remnants of decayed corpses and cells of living orgnisms issued into the essential components like amino acids.

4. Murchison meteorite confirms these substances are not from Earth in origin.
No, if confirms that some of them exist extraterrestrially, but you can't conclude that none of them are of earthly origin, nor can you conclude that life would not have arisen on earth without these extraterrestrial chemicals, which is clearly what you're implying.

Here, you are obviously wrong.
And I did not say some of these substances are not of earthly origin, and no one say that life has not reproduced on Earth, but this will corrupt their Evolution theory of course.

And here, I affirm our idea about the life seed came to our Earth from the past planets that had been destroyed in the previous Doomsday, and these meteoritic rocks are the remnants of those destroyed planets; those planets that had been inhabited with various forms of life.

http://www.quran-ayat.com/universe/new_page_2.htm#Life_Is_Transmissible
 
AnnaG
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by eanassir View Post

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murchison_meteorite :

So? Just because something contains oxygen, carbon, and hydrogen, does not mean it is sugar.
C12H22O11

Just because a meteorite can contain 100 or even 1000 amino acids does not mean that the 22 necessary for life is among them nor does it mean that just having the 22 amino acids will result in life.

Your grasp of science is lacking badly.
 
Johnnny
#25
eanisser do you even understand all that **** you posted? or was it a copy and paste?
 

Similar Threads

1
Meteorite yields life origin clue
by sanctus | Dec 4th, 2006