Craig said he regrets pleading guilty


Kreskin
#1
A Republican senator pleaded guilty earlier this month to a misdemeanor disorderly conduct charge stemming from his arrest at the Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport, according to state criminal records.

http://www.cnn.com/2007/POLITICS/08/...est/index.html

I'm starting to wonder about these anti-same sex marriage politicians.
 
tamarin
Conservative
#2
Interesting article! Makes anyone think twice that wants to tap his feet in a public washroom!
And that old congressional page scandal. It would be good to open it up again and give the Catholic Church some competition in such matters. Surely, some sleuth in Canada can begin a parliamentary page investigation too. Could be fodder for the dailies on down weeks.
 
Kreskin
#3
Absolutely. These slow news days are a killer.
 
normbc9
Conservative
#4
Senator Larry Craig has announced that he will resign his US Senate position on September 1, 2007. Gov. Otter of Idaho has indicated he will appoint the current Idaho Lt. Governor to replace Craig. That way Craig can have more free time to roam the mens rooms of America on a trolling mission.
 
Dreadful Nonsense
#5
Well at least i wasn't in the same washroom....I'm always getting people that don't understand my Ball Hair hobby....Senator Ball Hair....i don't have any
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#6  Top Rated Post
The Republican party of God, morality, and all that is good under the sun loses another one of its many stalwarts.

More are sure to follow ...
 
talloola
No Party Affiliation
#7
The only thing he is sorry for is ' BEING CAUGHT'.'
 
JoeSchmoe
#8
He didn't do anything wrong.... and yet he pleaded guilty!

He's not gay.... yet he pleaded guilty to trying to pick up guys in the men's room!

hmmm.... quacks and walks like a duck.....
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#9
Do any of you men have any idea how terrifying it is to consider letting my son, my 6 year old son, use a men's rest room? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people, that I have to worry that my son is going to see or hear something like this, or worse, be molested, just because he needed to pee? What is with men? You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!
 
eh1eh
#10
Ooook. So was this guy just rockin' with his ipod and caught in something he doesn't understand type of guy?
Oooor... Is he a typical two faced hypocritical chrit-o-facist trying to take away civil rights in the name of his god and the security of the mighty USofA and still get to screw young boys and bring aids home to his white bread clean christian family type of guy?

Just wondering.

P.S Karrie, I was always, and still am, a bit leary when my daughter goes to a pulic washroom.
Last edited by eh1eh; Sep 4th, 2007 at 03:09 PM..Reason: ps
 
Twila
#11
Quote:

You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!

That's because woman have class and don't use washrooms to pick each other up in...how crude and vulgar...public washrooms..yick!
 
Tonington
#12
He regrets pleading guilty, how about regretting what he did in the first place...
 
TenPenny
#13
Oh look, it's another elected official who is now claiming he didn't understand the impact of pleading guilty to a crime.

Wow. And to think this is the sort of person who helps MAKE the laws? The sad part is, there will be a HUGE number of people who agree with him, and support him.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
#14
There was some discussion this afternoon on Air America Radio that Bush felt betrayed by Craig on certain votes. This is why the Republicans decided to force him from the Senate where he could be replaced by another Republican who was more loyal to Bush.

By contrast, Senator David Bruce Vitter of Louisiana was implicated in the DC Madam scandal and was not forced out of office as he would be replaced by a Democrat (the governor is a Dem).
 
Karlin
#15
Wide Stance Larry is the nicname for Craig now, because thats how he explains his 'approach' to the UC cop.

hilarious eh?

But its not so hilarous that this homosexual was pushing anti-agy marriage, and "the gay cure" and so on just to get votes from the Christian Right. Those poor fools have been used and used again, like when Bush was campaigning down south in the churches pretending to "one of them", and saying God told him to invade Iraq. [I doubt his sincerity]

I wonder when the Christian Right will learn to see through the political pandering hypocracy.
 
EagleSmack
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by karrie View Post

Do any of you men have any idea how terrifying it is to consider letting my son, my 6 year old son, use a men's rest room? Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people, that I have to worry that my son is going to see or hear something like this, or worse, be molested, just because he needed to pee? What is with men? You don't hear about women being arrested for picking eachother up in bathrooms!

I TOTALLY agree. Men like that are pretty messed up regardless of their political background. I NEVER let my boys into a bathroom alone because predators could care less how much that boy is cared for or loved, or what that boy sees. If you give them an opportunity they will take it. Their perverted sexual needs outweigh the safety and health of the child.

Liberals, Neo-Cons, Canadians, Americans... never trust your kids to be alone in any public bathroom alone when they are young.
 
EagleSmack
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

Oh look, it's another elected official who is now claiming he didn't understand the impact of pleading guilty to a crime.

Wow. And to think this is the sort of person who helps MAKE the laws? The sad part is, there will be a HUGE number of people who agree with him, and support him.

No kidding Ten. This Craig guy is a total jerk. The arresting officer said that Craig gave him a business card that identified him as a US Senator and said

"What do you think of that?"

As if the cop was going to fold up and let him go.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#18
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack

Men like that are pretty messed up regardless of their political background. I NEVER let my boys into a bathroom alone because predators could care less how much that boy is cared for or loved, or what that boy sees ... never trust your kids to be alone in any public bathroom alone when they are young.


Right. But bear in mind, that it isn't just men who victimize children sexually -- women do it as well:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_se..._awareness.htm
 
EagleSmack
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Right. But bear in mind, that it isn't just men who victimize children sexually -- women do it as well:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_se..._awareness.htm

Not nearly as much and as harsh as men do. I am sure that it happens but these bathroom meetings, rest stops, truck stops... full of sexual predators and perverts who could care less about kids.
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#20
Quote: Originally Posted by gopher View Post

Right. But bear in mind, that it isn't just men who victimize children sexually -- women do it as well:

http://www.canadiancrc.com/female_se..._awareness.htm

Women don't victimize children in the same fashion. Women typically molest children in their constant care by blurring the lines between care (baths and changing clothes,etc), and inappropriate contact.
For a woman to molest a strange child in a public setting is an incredible rarity. Whereas men are known to grab and victimize perfect strangers. And this isn't even necessarily about them victimizing a child, but just having a general disregard for what a child would see and hear upon entering that bathroom.
 
JoeSchmoe
#21
Quote:

Whereas men are known to grab and victimize perfect strangers.

We are? I'll have to ask some other men that I know if they are doing this....
 
karrie
No Party Affiliation
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by JoeSchmoe View Post

We are? I'll have to ask some other men that I know if they are doing this....

You're right... I should have qualified it to 'male predators', but there is a distinct difference between the sexes there (mind you I didn't qualify my statements about the ways women molest either, yet you never commented on that).

Where my kids go to school, they are not allowed to go to the washrooms alone, because men have snuck in and molested children in school bathrooms within the city. Women are attacked every day by perfect strangers, children are kidnapped, raped, and killed. EXTREMELY few of those violent predatory crimes are perpetrated by women. The predatory crimes perpetrated by women occur much more slowly and subtly, thus the high rate of them being ignored or not believed.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack

Not nearly as much and as harsh as men do. I am sure that it happens but these bathroom meetings, rest stops, truck stops... full of sexual predators and perverts who could care less about kids.


Whatever they do, it's bad enough. There's no telling how badly a child can be damaged by anyone regardless of gender. The key is that we need to protect our children from all harm, regardless of its source.
 
eh1eh
#24
You know, I made a smart minded somewhat well thought out comment earlier, and it stands. But now all I can say in '+++'. That isn't really a bad thing, just ask Scott Thompson. I did encounter some '+++s' in a public bathroom in my home town. When they made a pass at me, (very subtle ) I told them they better get lost cuz when I finished wiping my bum I would knock their blocks off. I then went to the store security, as a 18 year old stoned dude and reported the incident. Now at 18 I seemed to handle the situation in a mature manner befit of someone who did not want to screw another boy. How did someone with the skill set to become an elected public servent make a mistake like that???????


+++, LOL.
Last edited by eh1eh; Sep 25th, 2007 at 03:20 PM..Reason: removed term someone found offensive
 
Liberalman
Free Thinker
#25
If he was a Democrat it would be no big deal but he was a Republican who was out to get gays at all costs.

Obviously this guy was set up to the point that he plead guilty not because he was it was more for the fear of perceived as being gay.

The Republican party is scrambling for a leader that has a good chance of winning and they still donít have a good candidate for the job.
 
calmecam
#26
When are NEO-CONS going to realize that the politicians, regardless of party affiliation, who scream most loudly about family values are those who most likely do not possess them??!!

Newt Gingrinch has admitted to cheating on one of his THREE wives to date, though there have been allegations he's cheated on ALL three (and doesn't three marriages kind of go against the whole family values thing in the first place?). Ted Haggard not only had a "massage" from another man, he also wanted to go down the crystal meth path (because that's SOOOO family). Not to mention the good ol' boys involved in the Congressional Page debacle (as if Lewinsky-gate taught them nothing at all), and that guy from Louisiana doing the horizontal mambo with a sex-trade worker (everyone says he has suffered no consequence because he is a Democrat, but I bet you it is because at least he had the "DECENCY" to have his dalliance be with somoene of the OPPOSITE SEX... Oops! Can you say double standard? I knew you could!).

Maybe, just maybe, it is time for NEO-CONS to notice that whenever God is brought up, it is only when it has to do with: abortion, euthanasia, stem-cell research, sex education, harm reduction, AIDS prevention, condom distribution, and same-sex marriage. Why is it with these people that God seems to just take a vacation when it comes to, oh let's say, outsourcing military jobs to Blackwater (because the rules for killing innocent civilians don't apply to "contractors"), feeding the poor (because God and Jesus never stood for that, right?), making sure that children receive health care (just once on the abortion debate I'd like to hear a politician explain why it is they are MORE concerned by the lives of children yet to be than they are with the lives of children who are ALREADY here... oh yeah, because it costs nothing!), helping people with addictions on the road to recovery, making room in society for those who are marginalized, etc.?

Surprisingly, nobody made mention of Senator Craig's infamous "intent to resign"... and his announcement a while later than in fact he would NOT follow through on his "intent" (surprise! surprise!).

Senator Craig seems to not only have skill at playing with himself, but playing with words too!

...and to all the parents who used to let their children go to the bathroom alone but care about their children so much that NOW they are fearful because of Senator Craig's tap dance:

1) I guess kidnapping wasn't much of an issue for you, now was it? You should NEVER let your kids go to a public bathroom alone in the first place (just like the parents of the children who had sleepovers at Michael Jackson's ranch AFTER the first round of allegations came to pass should have NEVER agreed to that but yet they STILL did, and THEN they cried foul... I always wondered why it was that the parents were never charged with neglect in that case!).
2) Senator Craig's tap dance does not make him a sexual "predator". There IS a difference in size between a man's foot and that of a young child... and I am sure their footwear choices are much different (I don't know of too many six-year-olds who think penny loafers are THE cool fashion choice). If Craig were a predator, he'd have been specifically looking for a foot that seemed to belong to a child before tapping. No, Craig is not a predator, he's merely a horny hypocrite.
 
normbc9
Conservative
#27
calmecam,
You sure are observant and really have the US elected legislators pinned correctly. Look at the list of serious stuff they are involved in. Moral turpitude is but one example. How about the Bribery charges against the Congressman from Louisiana where all the evidence was found in both his DC office and his lLouisiana home? The Congress really got upset too. They stopped all of that from ever progressing in any court. Now that guy is in Europe on the US taxpayer nickel with both blonde secretary's. His better half is probably at home thinking he is on a world peace mission or some thing noble like that. Look at the record the Kennedy's, Bush 2, Cheney and others have left! None will be held accountable for their discretions at all. This is certainly a great system of unequal justice isn't it? All Larry Craig has to do is retire on the taxpayers nickel and he could troll the mens rooms all day long and even afford a limo and a chauffer too.
 
gopher
No Party Affiliation
+1
#28
And now Republican Craig has been nominated for the Idaho Hall of Fame!!

Now, had he been a Democrat ......
 
normbc9
Conservative
#29
Senator Craig is now appealing the most recent Minnesota Court decision too. I keep hearing all who question him if he is gay. He answers in the negative. That is the wrong question to ask in my opinion. He should be asked if he is bi-sexual and if the old addage about stumps and cows applied at his ranch. Or for that matter how about ewes? In Idaho the good old boy network is really at work too and you see it in action right now with the nomination to the Idaho Hall of Fame (er, good old boys).
 
DurkaDurka
No Party Affiliation
#30
Idaho Hall of Fame given to a man who solicits sex in a toilet stall? Priceless. Does he get a golden potato or something for his induction to the Hall of Fame? I hesitate to think what he would do with said potato though...