BYU Physics Prof Finds Thermate in WTC Physical Samples

aeon
http://portland.indymedia.org/en/2006/06/341238.shtml

Quote:

Based on chemical analysis of WTC structural steel residue, a Brigham Young University physics professor has identified the material as Thermate. Thermate is the controlled demolition explosive thermite plus sulfur. Sulfur cases the thermite to burn hotter, cutting steel quickly and leaving trails of yellow colored residue.

Prof. Steven Jones, who conducted his PhD research at the Stanford Linear Accelerator Center and post-doctoral research at Cornell University and the Los Alamos Meson Physics Facility, has analyised materials from WTC and has detected the existence of thermate, used for "cutting" the steel support columns, as evident in the photo below.

Dr. Jones is a co-founder of Scholars for 911 Truth.

Dr. Jones in earlier work pointed to thermate as the likely explosive that brought down the WTC1, WTC2, and WTC7 skyscrapers. But only recently was physical material analysed in the lab and the presense of thermate announced. The samples were provided Dr. Jones team from redundant sourses.

Both BYU and Prof. Jones have been offered additional grants if he would "change the direction" of his research. In addition, there have been threats made by an individual who "is taking action" to stop Steven Jones' research, specifically his experiment with thermites (aluminothermics), on the grounds his work may be helpful to "terrorists". Jones notes that much more detailed information on both thermite and thermate is readily available on the internet.

That finally explain why wtc 1,2 and 7 collapse, an inside job period.

I think not
Quote:

“Professor Jones’s department and college administrators are not convinced that his analyses and hypotheses have been submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review. The structural engineering faculty in the Fulton College of Engineering and Technology do not support the hypotheses of Professor Jones.”

http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/57724

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote:

“Professor Jones’s department and college administrators are not convinced that his analyses and hypotheses have been submitted to relevant scientific venues that would ensure rigorous technical peer review. The structural engineering faculty in the Fulton College of Engineering and Technology do not support the hypotheses of Professor Jones.”

Do not support, doesnt mean, he isnt right, but thankx for this info though, we will see what happen next.

fuflans
Isn't BYU the place where cold fusion was discovered in the 1980s?

dekhqonbacha
Quote: Originally Posted by I think not

Quote:

That's what I also found. That his work was not supported.

dekhqonbacha
aeon
you are lucky for now. I did research for at least 2 hours, but deleted it. You must be blessed. I cut it instead of copiing.

Next time, you will find out about it.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by dekhqonbacha

aeon
you are lucky for now. I did research for at least 2 hours, but deleted it. You must be blessed. I cut it instead of copiing.

Lucky for what?

#juan
No Party Affiliation
Lucky you don't have to read it :P

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

Well if he has something that discredit this claim, i would be very happy to read it.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by dekhqonbacha

aeon

There is a function called ""Undo"", when you work on a software like for exemple explorer, you delete something, you can bback by doing an ""undo"" and everything is back to normal.

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by aeon

Well if he has something that discredit this claim, i would be very happy to read it.

That's simple not believable. It's perfectly clear from your many posts on this subject that you decided a long time ago this was an inside conspiracy, you're just looking for confirming evidence and ignoring or denying discomfirming evidence. It's a common fallacy called, fairly obviously, confirmation bias http://www.skepdic.com/confirmbias.html ; very few of your posts on 9/11 don't display it.

dekhqonbacha

Quote: Originally Posted by #juan

You wouldn't defenitly be happy.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by Dexter Sinister

That's simple not believable. It's perfectly clear from your many posts on this subject that you decided a long time ago this was an inside conspiracy, you're just looking for confirming evidence and ignoring or denying discomfirming evidence. It's a common fallacy called, fairly obviously, confirmation bias http://www.skepdic.com/confirmbias.html ; very few of your posts on 9/11 don't display it.

Guys, read this carefully......

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A BYU PHYSIC PROF WHO FOUND THEMATE IN WTC SAMPLES, NOT MYSELF.

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT A BYU PHYSIC PROF WHO FOUND THEMATE IN WTC SAMPLES, NOT MYSELF.

Yes I know, my reading comprehension is excellent, and shouting doesn't help your credibility. If you'd done even a cursory search on his name and thermate, as I did after I saw your first post here, you'd have found many references sharply critical of his conclusions. Or maybe you did and just didn't bother mentioning them. He did not find thermate as such, he found chemical traces consistent with the presence of thermate, and a whole lot of other things, notably plastics and diesel oil. He's another one who decided a long time ago that 9/11 was an inside job. He suffers from the same confirmation bias you do.

aeon

Yes I know, my reading comprehension is excellent, and shouting doesn't help your credibility. If you'd done even a cursory search on his name and thermate, as I did after I saw your first post here, you'd have found many references sharply critical of his conclusions. Or maybe you did and just didn't bother mentioning them. He did not find thermate as such, he found chemical traces consistent with the presence of thermate, and a whole lot of other things, notably plastics and diesel oil. He's another one who decided a long time ago that 9/11 was an inside job. He suffers from the same confirmation bias you do.

Post what you found, or shut up, it is not us who decide 9-11 was an ijnside job, it is the us governement who constantly distorting facts, covering up the event, sorry to tell you this, those who still believe the officials story these days, needs serious psychological help, and it is urgent.

fuflans
You're the height of too-much-ery, aeon.

Dexter Sinister
No Party Affiliation

Post what you found, or shut up

Learn some manners, and do your own research. I'm done talking to you.

aeon

Post what you found, or shut up

Learn some manners, and do your own research. I'm done talking to you.

Then bye bye.

aeon
"Jones has been described as "a devout Mormon and, until recently, a faithful supporter of George W. Bush".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones

lol, very funny.

missile
Conservative
Dex is right again. This nutjob is looking for evidence that supports only his distorted views and isn't interested in any truth. I suggest he is of Arabic origins,too.

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by missile

Dex is right again. This nutjob is looking for evidence that supports only his distorted views and isn't interested in any truth. I suggest he is of Arabic origins,too.

He is not arabic

Quote:

Steven Earl Jones is a professor of physics at Brigham Young University who conducts research in nuclear fusion and solar energy. Although the term cold fusion was coined by Jones in the 1980s, his experimental work was significantly different from the more controversial cold fusion experiments of Pons and Fleischmann.
Currently, Jones is also investigating the hypothesis that the World Trade Center Twin Towers and WTC 7 were brought down by pre-positioned cutter charges.

Jones does not identify himself as either a Democrat or Republican, but does "support the Constitution".[4] Jones has been described as "a devout Mormon and, until recently, a faithful supporter of George W. Bush". [5]

I think not
They're talking about you Aeon.

thomaska

"Jones has been described as "a devout Mormon and, until recently, a faithful supporter of George W. Bush".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_E._Jones

lol, very funny.

Oh well then...this guy must be right, I mean after all he is one of the true believers who know that Jesus Christ walked among the Native Americans...who is going to be your next source, David Koresh? Oh wait..the illuminati already got him.

I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that we are Ignorants-chicken-bastards, aka stupid poultry based illegitimate progeny, who according to Aeon and et al like him, couldnt find our ass with both hands in a closet, can manage to pull off the biggest conspiracy since the fake moon landings.

Aeon, do you seriously think that if someone had the resources and intelligence to pull this off, that you would be able to crack the case with Google and Yahoo? I mean if they've already killed so many people, don't you think the people who are spewing this CT stuff would start dissapearing also?

Seriously though, what is he? Is President Bush the backwards hayseed that most leftists portray him as, or is he an evil genius?

Whats more likely?

A group of freedom hating terroists slip through the U.S. porous borders, take enough flight instruction to fly, no need to worry about landing...,get thorugh the pitiful security at airports, and manage to hijack the planes.

or...

Insert your favorite incredibly comlex and convoluted conspiracy theory, which has millions of moving parts and involves tens of thousands of people here

Claudius
I notice the study is neither peer-reviewed or endorsed in anyway by BYU.
I also notice he is "a co-founder of Scholars for 911 Truth.".

In other words this study ranks slightly above tabloid headlines about the coming of Satan and just below an actual scientific study with results.

Or in a more accurate nutshell: this "evidence" does not exist. It is less than rumor.

Obviously if this were a trustworthy study it would be a headline and not the featured presentation on portland.indymedia.org

thomaska
Quote: Originally Posted by Claudius

I notice the study is neither peer-reviewed or endorsed in anyway by BYU.
I also notice he is "a co-founder of Scholars for 911 Truth.".

In other words this study ranks slightly above tabloid headlines about the coming of Satan and just below an actual scientific study with results.

Or in a more accurate nutshell: this "evidence" does not exist. It is less than rumor.

Obviously if this were a trustworthy study it would be a headline and not the featured presentation on portland.indymedia.org .

Funny that this is an oft hit topic on cannabis world dot com also. Guess there not much else to do in between changing the water in your bong but theorize...

aeon
Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska

Oh well then...this guy must be right, I mean after all he is one of the true believers who know that Jesus Christ walked among the Native Americans...who is going to be your next source, David Koresh? Oh wait..the illuminati already got him.

You just didnt understand, this guy was george w bush supporter, do you think , it needed him some courage to do what he did?? no one can say, ahhhhhhhhh doh, another anti-american, blah blah blah blah blah another anti-american conspiracy theorist , no a lot of bush administration officials, and many us officials also suspects the 9-11 attack was an inside job, along with british officials, german officials and russian generals.

Quote: Originally Posted by thomaska

I'm just trying to reconcile the fact that we are Ignorants-chicken-bastards, aka stupid poultry based illegitimate progeny, who according to Aeon and et al like him, couldnt find our ass with both hands in a closet, can manage to pull off the biggest conspiracy since the fake moon landings.

Aeon, do you seriously think that if someone had the resources and intelligence to pull this off, that you would be able to crack the case with Google and Yahoo? I mean if they've already killed so many people, don't you think the people who are spewing this CT stuff would start dissapearing also?

Seriously though, what is he? Is President Bush the backwards hayseed that most leftists portray him as, or is he an evil genius?

Whats more likely?

A group of freedom hating terroists slip through the U.S. porous borders, take enough flight instruction to fly, no need to worry about landing...,get thorugh the pitiful security at airports, and manage to hijack the planes.

or...

Insert your favorite incredibly comlex and convoluted conspiracy theory, which has millions of moving parts and involves tens of thousands of people here

Those who took flight lessons, one was named hanjour, couldnt even fly a cesna, but on 9-11 was able to hijack who was headed to california, turned the plane and make it heading to washington, fly for 45 min withouth being intercep( even though we knew already that both world trade were already hit by airplane), able to find washington at 10000 feet in the air, did a 270 degree turn at 500 mph, fly 4 feet over the ground at 400 mph, and slam into the pentagone, sorry but only naive people could believe this.