Our Salty Governor General Julie Payette

Hoof Hearted
+3
She's an ugly French hairbag who doesn't have a clue as to what her own actual role is in representing the Queen. But this is what you get with affirmative action and gender quotas.

Hoid
i went to all the trouble of making a thread about this when there already was one. Is God just messing with me?

Hoof Hearted
Self-righteous Hairbag...

Angstrom
All communist ideologues believe themselves morally superior. They think free Markets ideology, whitch is the most similar to the natural existence of animal is cruel and evil

tay
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Hoid View Post

i went to all the trouble of making a thread about this when there already was one. Is God just messing with me?

Well she didn't mock people who double post but she should have.........

Hoid
BTW the church of England believes in man made climate change.

SO does the Pope.

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

It was a boneheaded mistake. Not only does she insult millions of Canadians who are religious - for no apparent reason, but she seems to forget she's supposed to be the representative of the Queen - the head of the Church of England.

Does anyone think if the Queen had been in that audience she would have found Payette amusing?

How did she get sucked into that "gotcha" moment? What predatory smartass reporter set that trap for a newbee?

taxslave
+2

SO does the Pope.

They also believe in a gawd so obviously they have problems with reality.

JLM
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by EagleSmack View Post

She talks a good game for the alarmists, but it the end, Canada isn't doing anything for so called climate change.

For good reason as we have yet to figure out the cause, the duration and the effect.

Kreskin
God Save The Queen's whatever she is.

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

Your sentence is incomplete and incoherant.

I didn't have a problem with it, insert "as" and remove "then" and Voila! (Some people do tend to confuse "then" and "than")

WLDB
I like it. Iíve been wanting a GG who actually says what they think while in the position. Iíve also wanted to see them try to exercise the powers they have but in an unusual way just to see what reactions would be.

gerryh
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How DARE you insult the representative of Her Most Imperial Majesty, Ordained By God To Rule Over You?

Fu ck off

Quote: Originally Posted by Murphy View Post

I don't think anyone rally cares about the GG. A toothless dog. The problem that I have is with the office. The millions wasted on fluff, when it could go to healthcare, education or spent building cottages for Liberals.

and replace it with what?

JLM

I don't think anyone rally cares about the GG. A toothless dog. The problem that I have is with the office. The millions wasted on fluff, when it could go to healthcare, education or spent building cottages for Liberals.

Without "oil" you don't get maximum performance out of an engine!

Curious Cdn

Better to have a toothless dog GG as our functional head of state then to have a maniac like the current US President.

Cannuck
+1 / -1
Quote: Originally Posted by Vbeacher View Post

... she insult millions of Canadians who are religious - for no apparent reason,

They are stupid. That is reason enough

JLM
Quote: Originally Posted by Curious Cdn View Post

Better to have a toothless dog GG as our functional head of state then to have a maniac like the current US President.

Two entirely different unrelated roles! And maybe both suited to the roles!

justlooking
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Tecumsehsbones View Post

How DARE you insult the representative of Her Most Imperial Majesty, Ordained By God To Rule Over You?

Because we (or rather Tater Tot) chose her for the job.
So we are allowed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Hoof Hearted View Post

The GG is supposed to be neutral and apolitical...not the lapdog for the Prime Minister.

Or something else lap lap lap.

Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

They also believe in a gawd so obviously they have problems with reality.

Now that was a good shot !

Curious Cdn
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

Two entirely different unrelated roles! And maybe both suited to the roles!

Yes and no. They are both "heads of state" (technically, the Queen is ours but functionally, the GG is in practice). The Americans elect a royal family every four or eight years that still has temporal power. The roles do overlap.

TenPenny
Quote: Originally Posted by darkbeaver View Post

I am certain that the honourable member has the best interests of Israel firmly in mind.

What honourable member are you referring to?

SO does the Pope.

And the Queen is the head of the Church of England. And the GG is her representative in Canada. So there you go.

Tecumsehsbones
Quote: Originally Posted by TenPenny View Post

What honourable member are you referring to?

Yo, I got your "honorable member" right here!

JLM

Yes and no. They are both "heads of state" (technically, the Queen is ours but functionally, the GG is in practice). The Americans elect a royal family every four or eight years that still has temporal power. The roles do overlap.

Except the G.G. has no decision making role in the running of the country and is strictly apolitical!

captain morgan
+1
And the GG is not an elected official.

She wants to shoot her mouth off, do so in a position wherein you will have to answer for your bigotry... Til then, shut yer cake-hole

taxslave
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by gerryh View Post

Fu ck off

and replace it with what?

Nothing. We don't need a queen or a queens representitive.

Angstrom
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Nothing. We don't need a queen or a queens representitive.

Especialy a communist queens representative

Curious Cdn

Except the G.G. has no decision making role in the running of the country and is strictly apolitical!

The GG has the constitutional power to change the government, under certain circumstances. That almost happened about a decade or so back when the Liberals and NDP put a coalition together that had more seats than the Conservatives. Harper prorogued Parliament and headed it off but the GG could have legally asked the LIB/NDP to form a government.

The GG has power that is rarely wielded. It is not a purely ceremonial position.

Read and maybe learn something, today:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/the-de...neral-1.701974

JLM

The GG has the constitutional power to change the government, under certain circumstances. That almost happened about a decade or so back when the Liberals and NDP put a coalition together that had more seats than the Conservatives. Harper prorogued Parliament and headed it off but the GG could have legally asked the LIB/NDP to form a government.

The GG has power that is rarely wielded. It is not a purely ceremonial position.

Read and maybe learn something, today:

The delicate role of the Governor General - Canada - CBC News

Probably more in theory than in practice!

Curious Cdn

Probably more in theory than in practice!

The power does exist but it would cause a political crisis if it were used. Suffice to say that the Governor General (or the Queen, for that matter) is not a 100% ceremonial post.

tay
Yes I'm sure she has the Muslims upset with her dissing of religions. Too them I say go back to the Religiously controlled countries you came from and carry on complaining about how the infidels in Canada forced you to leave with their attitude.....

Curious Cdn
Maybe there should be some polling done to see just how much her thoughts correspond with those of her fellow Canadians. It could be that she is voicing mainstream Canadian ideas. What more could you want of a G.G.?