Quote: Originally Posted by Locutus View Post

via Rebel Media:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XJpu96aEKM

They're nuts!

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by JLM View Post

They're nuts!

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just TYPICAL union HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an older article illustrating the dangerous LIE-beral habit of betting tax revenue for tomorrow against THEIR immediate political needs - and blighting the future of our kids in the process! And it reminds us of why the Ford govt is wrestling with that $16 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With some comments of my own in brackets):

Wynne government ignored warnings about borrowing billions to fund hydro rate cuts, committee told

By Rob Ferguson, Queen's Park Bureau
Published: Tues., Oct. 16, 2018

The defeated Liberal government ignored numerous warnings from top civil servants that its scheme to borrow billions to lower electricity prices a full 25 per cent was a “bad idea,” says the former deputy minister of energy.

Serge Imbrogno told a legislative committee Tuesday bureaucrats were asked for options to further reduce hydro rates by former premier Kathleen Wynne’s government in 2016 after waiving the 8 per cent HST on hydro bills, but the financing plan came out of the blue from the office of then-energy minister Glenn Thibeault.

(There could only be ONE SOLUTION to rising electricity rates that did not involve borrowing and that solution was NOT acceptable to LIE-berals- for the simple reason that LIE-berals desperately needed to turn our electrical system into a giant slush fund from which to pay off billions of dollars in IOU`s that LIE-berals had issued to civil service union Hogs in exchange for their votes! Cutting Hog wages is NEVER a LIE-beral option!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Sadly we did not have the money when the IOU`s were issued and we do not have the money now either! And Wynne-bag LIE-berals are out of power due to their ill-advised attempts to honour their insane Hog IOU`s by gouging us on electricity!)

The former Liberal government’s plan to fund hydro rate cuts came as a shock to senior bureaucrats, a committee heard on Oct. 16, 2018.

(OH- such a surprise! Hogs KNOW how much gravy they were promised and how short was the supply on hand! LIE-berals KNEW they could not honour the IOU`s without breaking our economy- but Hogs do not care!)

“We were a little bit shocked because it was pushing out costs today to future ratepayers,” Imbrogno, now deputy minister of the environment, said at Premier Doug Ford’s select committee on financial transparency examining the $15 billion provincial deficit.

“More debt, higher cost going forward. Someone has to pay that.”

(But LIE-berals always asume they will be able to jump clear of the fiscal WRECK! No doubt the election of Doug Ford came as a horrible shock!)

Both Imbrogno and cabinet secretary Steve Orsini — who also headed the civil service under Wynne — testified they repeatedly expressed worries about the feasibility of the scheme to the Liberals, including in briefing notes to cabinet warning of higher costs and accounting issues later red-flagged by Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk.

(Always arrogant LIE-berals simply assumed they were the smartest people in the room and that their B.S. would baffle public opinion!)

She issued a special report in 2017 that determined questionable accounting and financing for the plan will result in up to $4 billion more in interest costs over 30 years because the Liberal government was trying to keep $39.4 billion in borrowing off the province’s books.

(LIE-berals are of course frantic to keep the TRUE scale of LIE-beral pension promises HIDDEN from the public- to prevent a panic and subsequent public rage at having been so completely ROBBED to pay for LIE-beral and Hog gravy!)

MPPs investigating Ontario’s finances demand e-mails, documents from Wynne Liberals

Top staff and directors at Ontario electricity agencies given legal protection for implementing hydro rate cut, committee told.

(Oh yeah- there are various LEGAL PROHIBITIONS against “uttering false documents in public” in exchange for personal gains and LIE-beral efforts to mis-represent the cost of their electrical mess and the size of their deficits would seem to fit that concept of uttering illegal documents for personal gain!0

(After all, LIE-berals expected to WIN the June election thanks to their claims of having balanced the budget- though in truth they actually had a $16 billion dollar deficit- and then we should condemn their claim to have reduced electricity cost - WITHOUT ADMITTING they were acquiring MORE DEBT and increasing the long term cost! The production and public dissemination of such deliberately FALSE accounting claims certainly seems criminal to this disgusted tax payer!)

(No wonder civil service Hogs wanted immunity from prosecution in exchange for keeping silent about LIE-beral plans! Both LIE-beral statements- about their budget and about their final electricity bill appear to this disgusted and cynical tax payer to be utterly and deliberately deceptive and thus worthy of criminal charges!)

(The final insult in all this LIE-beral crap came in spring 2018 when a political science professor told us “that political campaign promises do not have to be true”- right after Ontari-owe college and university professors DEMANDED an immediate 50 percent pay raise from Wynne-bag LIE-berals- and got told to shut up and sit down- TILL AFTER THE ELECTION that LIE-berals still hoped to win!)

spilledthebeer
Quote: Originally Posted by spilledthebeer View Post

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just TYPICAL union HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is an older article illustrating the dangerous LIE-beral habit of betting tax revenue for tomorrow against THEIR immediate political needs - and blighting the future of our kids in the process! And it reminds us of why the Ford govt is wrestling with that $16 BILLION DOLLAR DEFICIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wynne government ignored warnings about borrowing billions to fund hydro rate cuts, committee told

By Rob Ferguson, Queen's Park Bureau
Published: Tues., Oct. 16, 2018

The defeated Liberal government ignored numerous warnings from top civil servants that its scheme to borrow billions to lower electricity prices a full 25 per cent was a “bad idea,” says the former deputy minister of energy.

Serge Imbrogno told a legislative committee Tuesday bureaucrats were asked for options to further reduce hydro rates by former premier Kathleen Wynne’s government in 2016 after waiving the 8 per cent HST on hydro bills, but the financing plan came out of the blue from the office of then-energy minister Glenn Thibeault.

(There could only be ONE SOLUTION to rising electricity rates that did not involve borrowing and that solution was NOT acceptable to LIE-berals- for the simple reason that LIE-berals desperately needed to turn our electrical system into a giant slush fund from which to pay off billions of dollars in IOU`s that LIE-berals had issued to civil service union Hogs in exchange for their votes! Cutting Hog wages is NEVER a LIE-beral option!!!!!!!!!!!)

(Sadly we did not have the money when the IOU`s were issued and we do not have the money now either! And Wynne-bag LIE-berals are out of power due to their ill-advised attempts to honour their insane Hog IOU`s by gouging us on electricity!)

The former Liberal government’s plan to fund hydro rate cuts came as a shock to senior bureaucrats, a committee heard on Oct. 16, 2018.

(OH- such a surprise! Hogs KNOW how much gravy they were promised and how short was the supply on hand! LIE-berals KNEW they could not honour the IOU`s without breaking our economy- but Hogs do not care!)

“We were a little bit shocked because it was pushing out costs today to future ratepayers,” Imbrogno, now deputy minister of the environment, said at Premier Doug Ford’s select committee on financial transparency examining the $15 billion provincial deficit.

“More debt, higher cost going forward. Someone has to pay that.”

(But LIE-berals always asume they will be able to jump clear of the fiscal WRECK! No doubt the election of Doug Ford came as a horrible shock!)

Both Imbrogno and cabinet secretary Steve Orsini — who also headed the civil service under Wynne — testified they repeatedly expressed worries about the feasibility of the scheme to the Liberals, including in briefing notes to cabinet warning of higher costs and accounting issues later red-flagged by Auditor General Bonnie Lysyk.

(Always arrogant LIE-berals simply assumed they were the smartest people in the room and that their B.S. would baffle public opinion!)

She issued a special report in 2017 that determined questionable accounting and financing for the plan will result in up to $4 billion more in interest costs over 30 years because the Liberal government was trying to keep $39.4 billion in borrowing off the province’s books.

(LIE-berals are of course frantic to keep the TRUE scale of LIE-beral pension promises HIDDEN from the public- to prevent a panic and subsequent public rage at having been so completely ROBBED to pay for LIE-beral and Hog gravy!)

MPPs investigating Ontario’s finances demand e-mails, documents from Wynne Liberals

Top staff and directors at Ontario electricity agencies given legal protection for implementing hydro rate cut, committee told.

(Oh yeah- there are various LEGAL PROHIBITIONS against “uttering false documents in public” in exchange for personal gains and LIE-beral efforts to mis-represent the cost of their electrical mess and the size of their deficits would seem to fit that concept of uttering illegal documents for personal gain!0

(After all, LIE-berals expected to WIN the June election thanks to their claims of having balanced the budget- though in truth they actually had a $16 billion dollar deficit- and then we should condemn their claim to have reduced electricity cost - WITHOUT ADMITTING they were acquiring MORE DEBT and increasing the long term cost! The production and public dissemination of such deliberately FALSE accounting claims certainly seems criminal to this disgusted tax payer!)

(No wonder civil service Hogs wanted immunity from prosecution in exchange for keeping silent about LIE-beral plans! Both LIE-beral statements- about their budget and about their final electricity bill appear to this disgusted and cynical tax payer to be utterly and deliberately deceptive and thus worthy of criminal charges!)

(The final insult in all this LIE-beral crap came in spring 2018 when a political science professor told us “that political campaign promises do not have to be true”- right after Ontari-owe college and university professors DEMANDED an immediate 50 percent pay raise from Wynne-bag LIE-berals- and got told to shut up and sit down- TILL AFTER THE ELECTION that LIE-berals still hoped to win!)

Here is an article illustrating the sort of future we can expect if LIE-berals and civil service union HOGS are allowed to continue dominating our govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Italian policeman who clocked in for work in his underwear is sacked
Alberto Muraglia became unwitting symbol of Italy's problem with absenteeism

By Nick Squires, Rome. 12:29PM GMT 25 Jan 2016. Telegraph News.

A policeman who became an unwitting symbol of Italy's ingrained problem with absenteeism has finally been sacked, four months after he was covertly filmed clocking on for work in his underpants and then heading back to bed.

Alberto Muraglia was able to punch his time card wearing only a pair of Y-fronts and a saggy T-shirt because he lived in a flat above his office, in a council building in the Italian Riviera town of San Remo.

The grainy black-and-white image of the portly municipal policeman clocking on has become a symbol of Italy’s struggle with the thousands of “fannulloni” or slackers in its public administration. On occasion Mr Muraglia could not even rouse himself from his bed and instead sent his wife or young daughter to stamp his card on his behalf.

After being exposed by a covert police investigation in October, along with dozens of other council employees who clocked on then headed to the shops or the beach, Mr Muraglia has been sacked by the town council. But he has vowed to appeal the decision, even enlisting royalty in his fight to be reinstated.

For 20 years he says, he worked as a summer deckhand-cum-cook on a yacht for Albert II, who was King of the Belgians until he abdicated for health reasons in 2013 in favour of his son, Philippe.

"I’ll admit, I was a bit sloppy. I made a mistake, but I swear I was on duty nonetheless" stated Alberto Muraglia

The former king has emailed him to ask him about the furore. “He said that he would continue to have faith in me,” said Mr Muraglia.

“My apartment, where I live with my family, is in the same building as my office and the timecard machine. “When I punched my time card in my underwear I had no idea that I would expose myself and the council to such a bad image.”

(I say its OBVIOUS that this guy SKIPPED the I.Q. portion of the police exam!)

He claimed that he was being made a scapegoat for the dozens of other council employees who had, for years, also bunked off work. More than 40 are being investigated for skiving (apparently `skiving` is Euro-slang for goofing off when you should be working) and half a dozen have been sacked.

“I will pay for this, but it should not just be me. My attire was not suitable, I admit. But I didn’t mean to do anything bad. I was the security officer for the building and that’s where I live.” He said he had enlisted lawyers and was determined to get his job back.

(Yeah-its his ATTIRE that is the main trouble here!)

Just because he turned up to work in his underwear did not mean that he could not do his job, said his lawyer. “One time, dressed in his underpants, he managed to foil a robbery – he ran out into the street, pistol in hand, and arrested the crook,” said his lawyer Alessandro Moroni.

His dismissal may have taken months, but it counts as an exception – in most cases, public officials accused of wrongdoing do not lose their jobs.

Last year, nearly 7,000 council employees were investigated for disciplinary matters but only 227 lost their jobs.

The centre-Left government of Matteo Renzi is trying to reform Italy’s outdated labour laws and make it easier for employees, in the private sector at least, to hire and fire lazy staff. “People who show up, stamp their cards and then skive off need to be punished,” Mr Renzi said earlier this month.

(Yeah-that’s clever! It’s the Hogs that ALWAYS get the big money and the govt is going to solve its fiscal troubles by attacking the private sector that has the least power and least money INSTEAD of going after the BIGGEST PIGS FIRST!)

“We’ve seen crazy stuff, like the person in San Remo who clocked on in his underpants. They are destroying the credibility of the great majority of public officials who work hard.”

(I feel obligated to point out that simply showing up on time does NOT constitute HARD WORK-especially when employee Hogs who did show up then spend the rest of the day LOAFING the shade, plotting ways of gaining new entitlements!)

Marianna Madia, the public administration minister, said: “We want to assert that whoever defrauds the public administration must be suspended within 48 hours and the procedure by which they are dismissed should be speeded up.”

(I say: OH GREAT-they want to suspend these clowns-on FULL PAY NATURALLY-while city and Union Hogs spend YEARS wrangling about what to do with the Hog! And of course some NEW HOG will have to be hired to replace the suspended one! Gee....there is a REAL COST EFFECTIVE SOLUTION! I don’t know what that sort of legal wrangling costs in Italy but we in Toronto DO KNOW-thanks to a Toronto Sun column of a decade back that in Toronto it costs THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS A DAY to argue this stuff-and that is without adding ten years worth of inflation to the bill! AND it typically takes a year or more to wind up such a union matter!)

(I am thinking there might a logical and REAL EASY to understand reason why Italy is BROKE?)

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

They're nuts!

Yup, but people still watch

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2
Canada should do like Texas, Arizona and many other US States, make Canada a "Right to Work" Nation.

A Right to Work law guarantees that no person can be compelled, as a condition of employment, to join or not to join, or to pay dues to a labor union.

It weakens the Unions and they don't have the power they have now.. or money.

BTW, this thread is OLD!!! Video Published on Feb 18, 2015 WTF. What loser is necroposting
Last edited by B00Mer; May 4th, 2019 at 10:40 AM..

taxslave
Free Thinker
+2
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Canada should do like Texas, Arizona and many other US States, make Canada a "Right to Work" Nation.
A Right to Work law guarantees that no person can be compelled, as a condition of employment, to join or not to join, or to pay dues to a labor union.

BTW, this thread is OLD!!! Video Published on Feb 18, 2015 WTF. What loser is necroposting

Unfortunately the right to work legislation has been bastardized to cut wages and job security, which was not the origional intent.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Unfortunately the right to work legislation has been bastardized to cut wages and job security, which was not the origional intent.

Cutting wages is good.. this is why Canada doesn't have a huge manufacturing base..

GM, Domtar Paper, CIL Chemicals, and the list goes on have left Canada for cheaper labour.

GM jobs are just the tip of what Canada has lost to Mexico

Canada has just become a resource base economy, and we can't even do that right with pipelines being blocked by BC and Eastern interests.

The problem is the sappy Liberal types, lots on CC that think we need to kill the oil industry in Canada.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mfg-fab.nsf/eng/home

Seriously, can you cretins get any more stupid.

pgs
Free Thinker

Cutting wages is good.. this is why Canada doesn't have a huge manufacturing base..

GM, Domtar Paper, CIL Chemicals, and the list goes on have left Canada for cheaper labour.

Canada has just become a resource base economy, and we can't even do that right with pipelines being blocked by BC and Eastern interests.

The problem is the sappy Liberal types, lots on CC that think we need to kill the oil industry in Canada.

Yes and ignore the fact that global use of oil and oil based products is increasing .

JLM
No Party Affiliation

BTW, this thread is OLD!!! Video Published on Feb 18, 2015 WTF. What loser is necro posting

I think Unions have an important role to play...…………..keep an eye on safety issues and address them where necessary!
Otherwise they should keep their noses out of every other issue in the work place.

spilledthebeer
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by pgs View Post

Yes and ignore the fact that global use of oil and oil based products is increasing .

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Such an AMAZING SUPPLY of CLUELESS TWITS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

Canada has LIMITED NUMBERS of manufacturing jobs due to our SELL OFF of our economy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And MOST of that SELL OFF occurred during LIE-beral govts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Canada explored Free Trade with United States around 1900 under Sir Wilfred Laurier......................................

the Yankees were not interested.......................................

as they were sinking deep into their Isolationist situation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WW1 got the Cdn economy moving to a more modern model.................................

Britain shared various manufacturing information as it needed all manner of stuff from artillery shells to aircraft engines.......................

but the 1930`s strangled much Cdn industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

When WW2 came along...................................

Cdn industry underwent a MASSIVE crash course of EXPANSION and modernization!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

With Britain again sharing all manner of technology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

In 1938- there was a Cdn aircraft industry...................................

making WOODEN FRAMED BIPLANES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

Canada had never made modern aluminum framed monoplane!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

by 1945................................

Canada was mass producing the ultimate 4 engine heavy bomber of the war...............................

the Avro Lancaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

In the process LIE-beral govt under Mackenzie King blended the Cdn, British and Yankee war efforts and industry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Survival required that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But after the war King and his LIE-berals CONTINUED the cozy relationship with Yankees!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KIng`s favorite Minster and right hand man was C.D. Howe....................................

who became known as "The Minister of Everything" in the Cdn govt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is one thing for govt to cooperate FULLY with our allies in a battle for survival!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

but it is QUITE ANOTHER THING for Howe to spend his weekends and holidays at the country estates of Rockefellers and Vanderbilts....................................... .......

IN PEACE TIME..........................................

serving up the standard LIE-beral policy of offering CASH to foreign corporations that would set up branch plants in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes.............for over a century.......................................

LIE-berals have been CONVINCED the best way to improve the Cdn economy is to SELL IT TO FOREIGNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is why so many Conservatives were LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY when LIE-berals WHINED that Harper was TOO COZY with business leaders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And the IDIOCY GOT EVEN WORSE when Wynne-bag LIE-berals did their mouldy green DEAL with Samsung and other players in the wind and solar MESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And now the money has run out...................................

and we ARE STILL a branch plant economy.................................

and the "branches" are being PRUNED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You can buy a Swedish designed and built car in Canada!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you cannot buy a Cdn designed and Cdn built car IN SWEDEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOR in Canada EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Via Rail is buying new rolling stock.................................. FROM CHINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Because Bombardier is better at collecting govt GRANTS...............................

than it is at filling contracts!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

We can BUY new destroyers.....................................

made in Britain or Holland or Italy.....................................

but there ARE no Cdn built DESTROYERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

If the Cdn military needs mortar rounds for artillery practice they must be IMPORTED..............................

we have not made such things in many decades........................................

We get shoes from China.................................

electronics from Japan.............................................

fruit and vegetables from California...................................

we do not even can our own fruit any more as the LAST CDN Canning factory CLOSED several decades back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So now our canned food comes from OTHER COUNTRIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And we end up with nasty articles in the media about how Chinese cans and containers are CONTAMINATED with various types of plastic Bisphenol CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE BUY from the world.......................................

whole our BRANCH PLANT ECONOMY IS BLOCKED from selling any place except LOCALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

Anybody who thinks "right to work " legislation will IMPROVE our economy needs a major head adjustment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A kick in the LIE-beral head would be a start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

White_Unifier

Even the UDHR supports the right to work:
Article 23.1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:[1]

(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.

— Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations General Assembly

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+2

I think Unions have an important role to play...…………..keep an eye on safety issues and address them where necessary!
Otherwise they should keep their noses out of every other issue in the work place.

They used to have a place back in the 30's to 50's, but now we have government offices such as Workers Comp, and Minimum Wage legislation in place..

We don't need Unions anymore.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by White_Unifier View Post

Even the UDHR supports the right to work:
Article 23.1 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights states:[1]
(1) Everyone has the right to work, to free choice of employment, to just and favourable conditions of work and to protection against unemployment.
— Universal Declaration of Human Rights, United Nations General Assembly

You go work at a Union plant and tell them you will not pay union dues and show them that.. other than being laughed out of a job.. good luck.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+1
Quote: Originally Posted by Cannuck View Post

https://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/mfg-fab.nsf/eng/home
Seriously, can you cretins get any more stupid.

Economic and regulatory changes affecting Canadian manufacturing in the last quarter of the 20th century further intensified in the 21st century. By the 2000s, the manufacturing sector had declined significantly. Between 2004 and 2008, about one in seven (or 322,000) manufacturing jobs had disappeared. This trend is not unique to Canada: the majority of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member countries are experiencing a similar decline. Contributing factors include production moving to countries such as China, an aging population (leading to an increased demand for services over manufactured goods) and tariff reduction.

With the exception of the production of transportation equipment (excluding automobiles), oil and coal products, and computers and electronics, all other segments of manufacturing have experienced a downturn. The textile industry, historically one of the largest manufacturing employers in the country, is one of the hardest sectors hit. For example, between 2004 and 2011, jobs at textile mills decreased by over 60 per cent. The automotive sectors, as well as lumber and paper industries, are also in rapid decline, particularly after the 2008 recession.

In response to these changes, Canadian manufacturers are increasingly focused on production for domestic markets as globalized manufacturing and distribution networks undermine production for export. Central Canada continues to dominate the bulk of manufacturing output, with Ontario representing approximately 46 per cent and Québec approximately 24 per cent of total manufacturing sales. Many consumer goods industries are concentrated in these two provinces, which have well over half the country's population.​

source: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../manufacturing

Seriously, can you bottle washers get any more obtuse.

10% of the GDP ($350 billion) is nothing compared to the mining, and oil industry at $33.2 trillion. Canada is primarily a resource based country.

Also, our manufacturing base is, we import parts from China, assemble them in Canada, and sell them to Walmart as Canadian Made.
Last edited by B00Mer; May 4th, 2019 at 02:03 PM..

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
What Are The Biggest Industries In Canada?

taxslave
Free Thinker

Cutting wages is not good. Especially when the cost of living keeps increasing and our dollar keeps dropping. Unless you want to make Canada Mexico Lite.

White_Unifier

You go work at a Union plant and tell them you will not pay union dues and show them that.. other than being laughed out of a job.. good luck.

Not where there is right-to-work laws. Heck, even Sweden has right-to-work laws!

taxslave
Free Thinker
+1
In reality if employers treated the workers properly there would be no demand for unions. The best companies would have lineups of good workers wanting in. Probably lots of bad ones wanting a free ride but these could be shuffled out.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
Quote: Originally Posted by taxslave View Post

Cutting wages is not good. Especially when the cost of living keeps increasing and our dollar keeps dropping. Unless you want to make Canada Mexico Lite.

You know what I love about Mexico? Choice!!

The choice to go to the local Scotiabank, HBC or Tim Hortons (in Mexico)

The choice to go to the local El Polo Loco, Churches Chicken, Walmart, HomeDepot, AutoZone (every America Chain you desire)

The choice to buy a European car and when finished grab a water across the street at the local 7/11

Oh and yes they do have Socialized Medical care.

The Super highways.. wow.. and Canada can't fukking link BC to Alberta..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N5AAO0LVsE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dJodszvRZY
Last edited by B00Mer; May 4th, 2019 at 02:58 PM..

White_Unifier
+1
I've had Chinese comment on how Canadian cities appear primitive in comparison to some Chinese ones. Just visit Hong Kong and it's light years ahead of Canada, but that's because they have a real free market.

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation

I've had Chinese comment on how Canadian cities appear primitive in comparison to some Chinese ones. Just visit Hong Kong and it's light years ahead of Canada, but that's because they have a real free market.

exactly.. not just China, and Mexico, many European cities and Australia have more choice and better infrastructure than Canada.

If it wasn't for the Oil and Gas Canada would be a 3rd world tundra, maskek, mashland.

...and our best highway in Canada is the 401..

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/video?clipId=1380437

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

Economic and regulatory changes affecting Canadian manufacturing in the last quarter of the 20th century further intensified in the 21st century. By the 2000s, the manufacturing sector had declined significantly....

Typical Trumpite. Too stupid to know the difference between “manufacturing output” and “manufacturing jobs” nor do they understand the concept of relativity or GDP percentage. I’ve posted a couple of links that are clearly over your head. The second link (from RBC) explains beautifully why Trumps trade policies are idiotic although, like I said, it’s probably not something you can grasp. I suspect you’ll possibly read them and respond with something idiotic. You should try and surprise me.

https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...ing-production

http://www.rbc.com/economics/economi...ds-Feb2017.pdf

B00Mer
No Party Affiliation
+3
#25  Top Rated Post

Typical Trumpite. Too stupid to know the difference between “manufacturing output” and “manufacturing jobs” nor do they understand the concept of relativity or GDP percentage. I’ve posted a couple of links that are clearly over your head. The second link (from RBC) explains beautifully why Trumps trade policies are idiotic although, like I said, it’s probably not something you can grasp. I suspect you’ll possibly read them and respond with something idiotic. You should try and surprise me.
https://tradingeconomics.com/canada/...ing-production
http://www.rbc.com/economics/economi...ds-Feb2017.pdf

Just like a typical Dipper, to stupid to see Canada is primary a resource based economy, right down to our petro dollar that goes up as oil rises and falls when oils prices fall.

You really should go on a diet.. Fatso.

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation

I suspect you’ll possibly read them and respond with something idiotic.

Just like a typical Dipper, to stupid to see Canada is primary a resource based economy, right down to our petro dollar that goes up as oil rises and falls when oils prices fall.

Nailed it

https://www.mysteinbach.ca/blogs/788...economy-right/

Since Wikipedia is probably more your speed....Scroll down to “key industries”

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Canada

It must hurt getting schooled by a bottle sorter. On second thought, you’re far too stupid to even realize you’re getting schooled
Last edited by Cannuck; May 4th, 2019 at 08:19 PM..

Hoid

A mere 20% poverty rate

Cannuck
No Party Affiliation
I see Boomer is avoiding this thread. He must be pretty upset

taxslave
Free Thinker
+3

Our $$$ is weak because of bad decisions made in Ottawa. Mostly to try and protect menial manufacturing jobs in Ontariowe and Quebec.

spilledthebeer

Economic and regulatory changes affecting Canadian manufacturing in the last quarter of the 20th century further intensified in the 21st century. By the 2000s, the manufacturing sector had declined significantly. Between 2004 and 2008, about one in seven (or 322,000) manufacturing jobs had disappeared. This trend is not unique to Canada: the majority of Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) member countries are experiencing a similar decline. Contributing factors include production moving to countries such as China, an aging population (leading to an increased demand for services over manufactured goods) and tariff reduction.

With the exception of the production of transportation equipment (excluding automobiles), oil and coal products, and computers and electronics, all other segments of manufacturing have experienced a downturn. The textile industry, historically one of the largest manufacturing employers in the country, is one of the hardest sectors hit. For example, between 2004 and 2011, jobs at textile mills decreased by over 60 per cent. The automotive sectors, as well as lumber and paper industries, are also in rapid decline, particularly after the 2008 recession.

In response to these changes, Canadian manufacturers are increasingly focused on production for domestic markets as globalized manufacturing and distribution networks undermine production for export. Central Canada continues to dominate the bulk of manufacturing output, with Ontario representing approximately 46 per cent and Québec approximately 24 per cent of total manufacturing sales. Many consumer goods industries are concentrated in these two provinces, which have well over half the country's population.​

source: https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia..../manufacturing

Seriously, can you bottle washers get any more obtuse.

10% of the GDP ($350 billion) is nothing compared to the mining, and oil industry at $33.2 trillion. Canada is primarily a resource based country.

Also, our manufacturing base is, we import parts from China, assemble them in Canada, and sell them to Walmart as Canadian Made.

About 22 percent of the Cdn work force is unionized!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

And VIRTUALLY ALL OF THEM work for GOVT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There are exceptions of course............................................

such as auto workers.....................

many of whom are being disposed of as we speak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

There are other unions that represent retail workers and hotel workers and etc...........................................

except that online sales are killing a lot of conventional retail jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just look at Sears and Zellers and Target to name a few!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad of course hotel worker jobs are being eroded by AirBnB deals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Or we could point to Bombardier.............................that got that BILLION DOLLAR LIE-beral grant..............................

even as it SCREWED Toronto Transit Commission on street cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it is a union................................

and it is thriving.......................................... ...........

then it is staffed with GOVT HOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!

Its time to talk of the `D`s`-those fine tools Hogs use to delay, deny, delude, defuse, disengage and delete anything they don’t approve of! Hogs have sneered at the recent post -in which an Italian cop was FILMED stumbling down stairs to his time clock and punching in for work and then going back to bed-he didn’t even put on his uniform-just briefs and `T` shirt!

Our Hogs call it irrelevant-stating that it occurred in Italy. And of course they DISENGAGE by IGNORING the other part of that post that explains about a TORONTO School Board employee who would punch in for work, then pick up the company van and spend the day in a judo school learning high kicks and throws-ON COMPANY TIME!

There is a reason Italy is bankrupt and there is a reason Canada is sliding down the same civil service Hog Fat GREASED ROAD! And here is another Italian story-with a nice Cdn twist! I have made some comments of my own and placed them in brackets):

Italian Riviera council workers head to beach or go kayaking instead of work. Employees for the council would clock on for work and then head to the beach or even back to bed

By Nick Squires, Rome. 6:33PM BST 23 Oct 2015. Telegraph News.

A town on the Italian Riviera has been swept up in a scandal over absenteeism after it emerged that council employees were clocking on for work and then heading to the beach, to the shops or even back to bed.

A months-long covert investigation by police found that up to 75 per cent of council employees in San Remo, which is famed for its annual music festival and lies just across the border from Monaco and Nice, failed to show up for work.

Employees were secretly filmed punching their own cards and those of friends, and then skipping work for the day. One man regularly turned up for work, swiped his magnetic card, and then headed off to work at a flower shop run by his wife.

One man clocked on for work but then regularly spent the day rowing a skiff off the coast, enjoying the sunshine and views of the Riviera. He bunked off work at least 80 times in a period of a few months.

The staff members were secretly filmed by cameras installed by the Italian tax police, the Guardia di Finanza. A team of 150 officers raided the council’s offices on Thursday. They arrested 35 people, including a local police officer, and are investigating dozens more on charges of fraud and embezzlement.

Of 271 employees who were placed under surveillance, 72 per cent, or 195 people, were found to have been skiving off work. They worked in departments responsible for the town’s nursery schools, its registry office, the town police, public works and finance.

Council workers had shown “contempt for their jobs at a time when not having a job for many Italians is a cause for desperation”, said Alessia Ceccardi, a local prosecutor.

The investigation began in 2013 after Maurizio Zoccarato, the then mayor, told authorities that he suspected some of his employees were bunking off work.

(I say: that`s REALLY FUNNY! Up to Seventy five percent of the workforce was MISSING on any given day and the Mayor SUSPECTS there might be a problem? One has to ask if the mayor can tell the difference between a Hog sleeping on the job and one who has died of old age on the job-one could not get any hints from the volume of work produced by two such employees?)

"The Guardia di Finanza uncovered a heinous system," said Maria Paola Marrali, another prosecutor involved in the case. "How was it possible that a situation this serious was not noticed?"

The investigation had brought to an end "malpractice that had been going on for years", she said.

(Oh RIGHT-the practice is ended! Anybody remember Stan Kabel? The drunken moron at the heart of the Ontari-owe Walkerton water scandal? Things were so bad at the Walkerton Water Dept civil service Hog barn that city councillors RAIDED the Hog work room and cleaned out all the beer and wine and whiskey from the communal employee fridge! And then ORDERED all the Hog drunks to JOIN Alcoholics Anonymous-or be FIRED!)

(SO drunken Stan was forced to do HIS drinking only in the evening-and naturally he often showed up for work badly hung over and in need of sleep and aspirin and etc-and he neglected to maintain town drinking water facilities until people started getting SICK from the filthy untreated water! At that point he started falsifying his records-but being an IMBECILE he got caught eventually- AFTER7 people DIED and hundreds of others were sickened! I hope the Italians are more on the ball than their Walkerton Hog cousins!)

(The absolutely most shameless part of the Walkerton MESS was that Stan Kabel was NOT QUALIFIED and NOT EDUCATED to handle the drinking water system! He got the job thanks to his FATHER after his Dad retired. Kabel senior DID happen to be qualified and Walkerton council apparently hired unlicenced Stan as he was CHEAPER than a qualified person! No wonder Ontari-owe Hogs made such MASSIVE efforts to TRY to shift blame to Mike Harris govt!)

Alberto Biancheri, the mayor of San Remo, who was not caught up in the investigation, said: “We will take a hard line against those who are shown to have behaved improperly. Sadly we now find ourselves with offices that are devoid of any employees. The council is in danger of grinding to a halt.”

(I say: Italian mayors have a great sense of humour don’t they! Seventy five percent of their workforce goes to the beach on any given day instead of working and the mayor is worried that town business may not be done in a timely manner now that Hogs have been fired? The guy has a second career available as a comic!)

From thetelegraphnews

(And-no need to worry about Stan Kabel-Working Family Hogs are like cats-they always land on their feet! Stan no longer works for Walkerton Water Dept- for obvious reasons-if you KILL tax payers and sicken hundreds of others with your sloppy work you will be FIRED- so now he works at another area municipality in another cosy little Hog job-INSTALLING TRAFFIC SIGNALS-and I hope he knows just as much about electricity as he does about clean water? Maybe his traffic light career will come to a shocking end quite suddenly? His dirty water errors made other people sick but if he screws up with major electricity lines he might fry himself? The Walkerton story might have a happy ending yet-with Stan finally GETTING what he deserves? Ohhh-FRIED BACON!)