British males- Dirty, dirty and dirty. Gross


Goober
#1
Single British males- Dirty, dirty and dirty. Gross beyond belief.

Single men swap bed sheets 4 times a year, study finds - Health - CBC News

Watch out ladies, the man of your dreams may have the bed of your nightmares.

The average single man washes his sheets just four times per year, according to a survey by U.K. mattress company Ergoflex.

The survey asked Britons about their bed sheet hygiene and found a few stomach-churning results.

Among single men aged 18 to 25, 55 per cent changed their sheets every 3.1 months. Of that grubby group, 49 per cent figured that was an acceptable frequency, and another 19 per cent didn't care.

Not surprisingly, 17 per cent of those men also admitted that their soiled sheets had "put off" potential romantic partners.

"Romantic ambitions aside, we were more alarmed by the potential health risks that unhygienic bed sheets could cause, considering in particular two unwelcome night-time companions dust mites and bed bugs," Ergoflex's Steven Willis wrote in a blog post.

The cleanest demographic were women aged 35 to 50; where 60 per cent changed their linens weekly.

Point - Weekly should be the max time.
 
Most helpful post: The members here have rated this post as best reply.
tay
+5
#2  Top Rated Post
4 times a year ?

That seems a bit excessive................
 
Locutus
+2
#3
One of the major causes of spotted d i c k.
 
#juan
#4
When I was single I used to change the sheets every week or so. I'd throw the used sheets in the wash machine once a week so there was generally clean sheets in the dryer when they were needed. Never thought of it as a big deal.
 
B00Mer
+1
#5
Why not when you have a hot chic over for the night, have her wash the dishes, clothes and change the sheets before she leaves??

Unless British men get laid less times a year than they change their sheets??
 
#juan
#6
Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Why not when you have a hot chic over for the night, have her wash the dishes, clothes and change the sheets before she leaves??

Unless British men get laid less times a year than they change their sheets??

Generally, hot chics were not interested in doing my laundry....on the other hand, I never thought of asking them....
 
petros
#7
Hot or is having hot flashes? If she's having hot flashes she damn well better wash the sheets.
 
gore0bsessed
+1
#8
I heard of someone not cleaning their bedsheets for years and collecting dust mites in their lungs
 
Goober
+1
#9
Quote: Originally Posted by gore0bsessed View Post

I heard of someone not cleaning their bedsheets for years and collecting dust mites in their lungs

Google mites and mattresses.Pleasant dreams.
 
captain morgan
+3
#10
Simple solution is to just stay over at her place anyways.

Clean sheets, clean bathroom - far fewer science experiments at the back of the fridge..... Plus, you get to leave
 
#juan
+1
#11
Attack of the dust mites....

Attack of the Dust Mites II - YouTube
 
Goober
+1
#12
I would say these guys use a lot of cologne as well.
By it in bulk, saves money.

 
SLM
+3
#13
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

I would say these guys use a lot of cologne as well.
By it in bulk, saves money.

Gah! I could gag just thinking about that!

Quote: Originally Posted by B00Mer View Post

Unless British men get laid less times a year than they change their sheets??

You're assuming someone who only changes his sheets three or four times a year can actually attract the opposite sex at all. Or even the same sex. For sex. Big assumption. Very big assumption.

Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Simple solution is to just stay over at her place anyways.

Clean sheets, clean bathroom - far fewer science experiments at the back of the fridge..... Plus, you get to leave

Gasp! The waffles were a lie!
 
Goober
#14
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Gah! I could gag just thinking about that!



You're assuming someone who only changes his sheets three or four times a year can actually attract the opposite sex at all. Or even the same sex. For sex. Big assumption. Very big assumption.



Gasp! The waffles were a lie!

Not CM- He is neat and tidy like.
To late. I heard on the rumor net that some of the guys are getting all cleaned up, real pretty like.
Problem is they have to save up to buy one of these.

 
SLM
#15
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

Not CM- He is neat and tidy like.

Didn't think he was anything but neat and tidy. But he has implied in the past that he's an impeccable host that makes waffles for a lady in the a.m.

Quote:

To late. I heard on the rumor net that some of the guys are getting all cleaned up, real pretty like.
Problem is they have to save up to buy one of these.

Yes, please. Hygiene...embrace it fellas.
 
Goober
+1
#16
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Didn't think he was anything but neat and tidy. But he has implied in the past that he's an impeccable host that makes waffles for a lady in the a.m.

Yes, please. Hygiene...embrace it fellas.

This puppy will wear away that red neck they have.
I understood you were making the waffles???????????????
 
SLM
#17
Quote: Originally Posted by Goober View Post

This puppy will wear away that red neck they have.

Well they need to do something about that because they are not the right kind of dirty, dirty boys. LOL.

Quote:

I understood you were making the waffles???????????????

No, no, no. I don't do waffles. I am however worth them, lol.
 
taxslave
#18
Seems to me it would be easier to just buy new sheets rather than a pressure washer that you still have to run.
 
captain morgan
+1
#19
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Gasp! The waffles were a lie!


Waffle irons are pretty compact and travel quite nicely.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#20
Why wash the sheets? Just win the lottery and throw them out after the week is over, then purchase new ones.
 
SLM
+2
#21
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Waffle irons are pretty compact and travel quite nicely.

Nice cover, lol. As long as you load the dishwasher before you leave, we're good. Lol.

Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

Why wash the sheets? Just win the lottery and throw them out after the week is over, then purchase new ones.

I like the way you think. For that matter just buy a new house too, then you never have to clean it.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#22
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Nice cover, lol. As long as you load the dishwasher before you leave, we're good. Lol.



I like the way you think. For that matter just buy a new house too, then you never have to clean it.

I like my house. Of course, if I were to win the lottery I would get a bigger one.
 
SLM
+1
#23
Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

I like my house. Of course, if I were to win the lottery I would get a bigger one.

You could buy all the houses on your block and rotate through them. That way you'd always be near the house you like. Plus think of the extra storage space you'd have!
 
captain morgan
+1
#24
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Nice cover, lol. As long as you load the dishwasher before you leave, we're good. Lol.

It's 'covers' honey - plural.
 
gopher
#25
a mixture of hydrogen peroxide & baking soda can be used as cleaning agents for your mattress - lightly spray the mixture on it, use a vacuum or run an electric fan over the surface and let dry in about an hour or so --- it helps if you can put it by the window on a sunny day

makes it smell clean & no doubt kills off dust mites
 
SLM
+1
#26
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

It's 'covers' honey - plural.


Multiples are a good thing.
 
captain morgan
+1
#27
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

Multiples are a good thing.

Funny the way that life works - waffle irons don't make just singles.
 
shadowshiv
+1
#28
Quote: Originally Posted by SLM View Post

You could buy all the houses on your block and rotate through them. That way you'd always be near the house you like. Plus think of the extra storage space you'd have!

I think one huge house will be good enough for my storage needs. I can always rent out space in a friend's house. LOL!
 
SLM
+1
#29
Quote: Originally Posted by captain morgan View Post

Funny the way that life works - waffle irons don't make just singles.


Are you proposing some sort of Pavlovian reward system?

The idea has merit. Lol


Quote: Originally Posted by shadowshiv View Post

I think one huge house will be good enough for my storage needs. I can always rent out space in a friend's house. LOL!

You could rent storage space from me.

Of course you might have to buy me a bigger house first. Lol
 
B00Mer
#30
Cleanliness is next to godliness.
 

Similar Threads

13
Dirty Tricks
by Unforgiven | Apr 27th, 2011
3
Dirty Driving
by Said1 | Dec 9th, 2008
0
Dirty War
by Johnny Utah | Apr 30th, 2006
0
Dirty Libby
by moghrabi | Nov 18th, 2005